Morning links: Broncos first up for Manning

Post by Eric Williams on March 10, 2012 at 8:57 am with 81 Comments »
March 10, 2012 8:57 am
NFL football quarterback Peyton Manning, left, takes a tour with executive vice president of football operations for the Denver Broncos John Elway and Broncos coach John Fox at the Broncos' training facility in Englewood, Colo., Friday, March 9, 2012. Four-time MVP Manning opened his free-agency tour of NFL suitors Friday. (AP Photo/The Denver Post, John Leyba)

Mike Klis of the Denver Post reports on Peyton Manning’s first trip in free agency to the Denver Broncos.

Klis says that Broncos owner Pat Bowlen flew Manning in on his private jet to tour the team’s facility with head personnel man John Elway and head coach John Fox.

Manning has two more trip planned right now to Arizona and Miami, so the Seahawks are currently in a holding pattern waiting to see if they’ll get an invite to the Manning sweepstakes.

Klis: Manning was scheduled to stay in Denver overnight, but he was not accompanied on the trip here by his agent, Tom Condon, whose absence made it unlikely a contract agreement would be reached. An NFL source said Manning may also visit the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins, but those trips have not been scheduled. A source said Manning would like to make a decision by Tuesday, the first day of free agency.

Jason Cole of Yahoo Sports reports that while improving, the return of Manning’s full arm strength is still far off.

Art Thiel of SportsPressNW.com says Seattle’s offensive line isn’t good enough to lure Peyton Manning.

ESPN’s Mike Sando writes that according to the NFLPA records the Seahawks have extended a $1.26 million tender to restricted free agent kicker Steven Hauschka, giving the team the right of first refusal.

Jay Glazer of Fox Sports reports that the Washington Redskins gave up three first round picks and a second round pick in a trade with St. Louis for the No. 2 overall pick in the draft and a chance to draft Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III.

D. Orlando Ledbetter of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that former Seahawks linebacker Lofa Tatupu worked out for the Falcons on Friday.

Mike Florio of ProFootballtalk.com reports that Nike will debut the league’s new uniforms, including the Seahawks, on April 3.

Sport Illustrated’s Peter King lists Red Bryant (15) and John Carlson (48) on his top 50 free agent list.

Brian Billick of Fox Sports list Texas A&M quarterback Ryan Tannehill at No. 30 in his top 100 draft prospects.

Morning links
  1. Palerydr says:

Gonna disagree with a few posters here. While I don’t really think the Redskins are run by a great owner they do have Mike Shanahan who I think is a pretty good coach.

The Redskins were were 13th in total Defense last year and 16th in total offense which was roughly 30 yds a game better than us and 12 spots higher with a set of QB’s most of us would consider at best avg.

I took the next step and I’m no personnel expert but I see some good players there. They will need to improve the Oline which will be harder to do without high round picks. They also will need to find some better WR.

This is Daniel Snyder guys and he has shown he will spend the money and they have as much cap space as we do. I would expect them to go after Vincent Jackson or similar talent at WR and Carl Nicks at guard addressing their 2 most pressing needs.

In conclusion I disagree they have crippled their franchise Snyder will take risks but I figure he had to discuss this with Shanahan who coached a pretty good QB once before. His ability to bring in talent maybe a bit questionable as he does have 3 of our castoffs on his roster. They will have to become better talent evaluaters and it can be done, finding talent in the lower rounds just look at our own Coach/GM. I see them as making a move to compete in one of the NFL’s glamour div if RG3 develops into the QB we all think he will then this move won’t be considered bad at all. Only time will tell of course.

2. SeahawkFan12 says:

I love how the national media gives Seattle zero chance at landing Peyton Manning. Their reasoning as hilarious; some of my favorites are “outdoor stadium” and “inclement weather” and “young roster” followed by “offensive line not good enough”. Why should ANY quarterback or premier FA want to play in Seattle? Maybe they should take a different look at the situation…

Seattle has the best stadium in the NFL as far as home field advantage. Call Matt Hasselbeck and ask him how it is to operate in relative silence when under center, then damn-near go deaf when you’re on the sideline watching your defense take the field. How can the most passionate fans in the NFL backing you you every Sunday be a bad situation?

Seattle has some of the best weather when observed over the course of the season. Freaking gorgeous late-summer/early fall, moderate early winters and the occasional snow dump that you’ll get when on the road anyway. Ask Tom Brady how playing outside in Foxborough or Denver or Pittsburgh is working out for him. My guess is he’ll respond with, “Don’t care. I’m a professional. It’s part of the gig.”

Seattle has a young roster, especially on defense, and a group of looked-over receivers who are a season away from making the Pro Bowl (my opinion). The running game is led by a newly-signed Beast who is still a few years from dropping off. Ask yourself if stepping into a roster with an upward trajectory makes sense in the final years of your career. A locker room with great cohesion, chemistry and buy-in to the system. And a locker room that has an over-looked/under-appreciated mix of heart and talent. Sounds like a nightmare, doesn’t it?

Seattle has had a history of O-line issues, all related to injury. What is often forgotten, even by the Seattle die-hards, is how productive and effective that O-line was when healthy and playing together. The O-line is relatively young, and is coached and mentored by the master of toughness and nastiness. Take a look at the game film and ask how many sacks truly fell on the O-line, and how many fell on a QB that couldn’t get through his reads and progressions fast enough to get rid of the ball before getting smashed. Then ask yourself–as a first ballot HOFer with a cannon of a release–if you can get the ball out better and sooner.

I’m done ranting, I just had to get that off my chest. Nobody knows if Peyton is truly considering Seattle. But dipsh1ts like Woody Paige, Adam Shefter and all the other dolts who have zero insight on the Seattle football experience get WAY too much credit for their bloated opinions and anemic insight drive me nuts. Don’t let them poison your thoughts, Seahawks fans…with regards the Manning or any other player the ‘Hawks may be courting.

3. You tell ‘em, SeahawkFan12! Good post!

4. Ewalters7354 says:

I’m gonna just say this.If Peyton Manning doesn’t consider the Hawks as an option,the world isn’t gonna stop spinning.I love Peyton,he is from my hometown but I just hate that someone would just overlook a team that heading I the right direction.While TJack is serviceable we still are in dire need of a QB.I am not a Ryan Tannahill fan at all.But there are quality guys that the Hawks can pick up in via trade or free agency that can help.Jason Campbell and Brian Hoyer to name a couple.I can’t wait to see how this all plays out.

5. FleaFlicker says:

Still can’t believe the price of the RGIII trade. Rams are going to be a major obstacle for us for years.

6. RDPoulsbo says:

As long as the Rams keep drafting like they do, I’m not that worried.

7. raymaines says:

I know the Brian Billick article isn’t a mock draft but if things go according to his plan the ‘Hawks would take OLB Melvin Ingram in the first round, RB LaMichael James in the second, and G Ben Jones from Georgia in the third. I could live with that. Brock Osweiler would also be available in the third (93 overall).

8. HawkfaninMT says:

To depart from the normal QB talk here…

Larry Grant was placed a 7th round tender by the Niners. Anyone see him as an upgrade at MLB from Hawthorne? He kept the Niner D cruising without missing much of a beat while Willis was injured

9. Ewalters7354 says:

I said a few months back that I would love to see Larry Grant in a Hawks uniform

I wouldn’t count on that with Fisher there, now. Sadly.

I would not be happy with James. Seattle needs a bigger, complimentary back for Lynch. Not another Forsett / Washington.

12. piperfeltcher says:

James is tough for a little guy he plays like he is 30 lbs heavier but I do not see RB as such a need to spend a 2nd. Fisher must be doing cartwheels to take over and get handed 2 extra 1st’s over the next couple of years.
    I would guess Clev. will go hard after Flynn and if Manning does not go to Miami I would guess they would look at Tannehill in the 1st even though he is more of a 2nd round talent.

13. guiltybystander says:

Is Peyton Manning going to take any physicals or have any workouts with the teams he’s expecting to pay him millions of dollars after missing a season and undergoing four neck “procedures”? For that kind of money, teams have the right to see for themselves what they MAY be getting.

My guess is that he’ll go with Miami. The Redskins? I heard he’s already ruled them out. Dan Snyder has made that franchise a basket case. Nobody wants to play for a rich boy’s toy.

I think a safer and much less expensive bet than Manning (yet still an upgrade over Tarvaris Jackson) would be Kyle Orton. No, he’s not as skilled as Manning was, but

14. The one thing about Manning to Miami that doesn’t seem to add up is the offensive background of its head coach and offensive coordinator. They are WCO guys. From what I remember about Mike Sherman, he seems pretty headstrong, I can’t imagine him wanting to reinvent his system, the way the Hawks have supposedly said they would do. Purely speculating, but I’d think he’d (and Philbin) would want a Tannenhill or Flynn, which is familiar to/with them. I guess Philbin could be another Mike Tomlin, meaning he took over a team and didn’t run what he used to run that got him the job in the first place. Tomlin was a 4-3 guy, but kept on keepin’ on with the 3-4 in ‘burgh.

15. guiltybystander says:

Rats, I hit ENTER my mistake. The rest of my comment:

…but with Orton, you know what you’re getting (3,000+ yards, 20+ TD passes) and at far less cost than Peyton Manning, who may not even be able to play. I was intrigued by yet another FA QB with huge skills and a record as a winning starter in the NFL, but Vince Young would be one meltdown away from another year with Tarvaris Jackson. High rewards with VY, but a higher risk (even though he’d come cheap after last year).

16. Of course, with an owner that Miami seems to have – they don’t have a choice. But if you’re Manning, you know that, and may not want to go to that type of environment, even you’d rather be there b/c of a home, weather, etc.

17. Orton would be an upgrade to what we already have, but it’s more of the same in terms of not having a long-term answer. We can’t (but we may not have a choice either) keep putting band-aids on the QB position.

I’ll be a happy camper if Flynn is a Hawk next week. Tuesday, specifically!

18. guiltybystander says:

Agreed with Orton as not being a long-term solution in Seattle, but he’s still under 30 and can hold the fort until someone better comes to town. That’s the thing: The draft has no “sure bets” beyond Luck or Griffin (I love Kellen Moore, best pure passer in the draft, but not as a first rounder) and the free agents are pretty mediocre. There aren’t a lot of choices this off-season.

A thought: I’m pretty sure Mark Sanchez could be had from the Jets with a decent package. Maybe a reunion with PC gets him back on track?

19. guiltybystander says:

Just now saw the story about Sanchez’ extension with the Jets. Disregard my last paragraph.

I love the Packers and think Matt Flynn would be a nice pickup, but he’s got his own question marks. Hard to accurately evaluate a guy with two starts in four seasons, and how much of his success in those two starts is because of the players around him? Still, he’s a safer gamble than Manning at this stage of their respective careers.

20. chuck_easton says:

You did see that the jets just extended Sanchez yesterday and the contract guarantees him 20 million in the next two years?

Sanchez is going nowhere.

21. Redskins went all in. I love it.

Go look how many first rounders were on the Seahawks roster last year. I think it was four or five, with only three finishing the year.

Draft picks are way overrated. I cannot stress that enough. Way overrated. Arizona drafts Leinart at 10, picks up a slumping Warner, and bam! Super Bowl.

Football is a win now sport. Redskins are risking winning now. Good for them.

Seattle. Well, they are safe. Safe and mediocre. Why take a risk when I know mediocre will sell.

Another 7-9 season by this front office will mean disaster. In 2013, with Chancellor in a contract year, and no QB whatsoever on the horizon, Seattle may have to give up FOUR first round draft picks to get their own savior: Mr. Barkley.

I congratulate your Redskins, for having the balls to risk it all to win now.

I will now go back to suffering as a Seahawk fan.

You presume Seattle made no effort to move up. What are you basing that on? It’s a very real possibility that the Rams had no interest in allowing a division rival getting Griffin.

“… hold the fort.” The last thing Seattle needs is another hold the fort QB. They need a solution, of not this off-season, then next, at the latest.

Draft picks are overrated? What team has ever won the Super Bowl building through FA?

25. piperfeltcher says:

Where will the Redskins be in 5 years if RG3 ends up on this list- J.Russell
    M. Leinart
    J. Clausen
    V. Young
    D. Carr
    T. Couch
    B. Quinn

26. piperfeltcher says:

The draft is the most important part to building a team. It gives you young talent locked in for 4-5 years for relativly cheap. Look at where teams that go out and make a big splash in Free Agency every year finish compared to teams that draft well and then use free agency to fill holes with midlevel players. Superbowl teams build through the draft.

27. piperfeltcher says:

I hope that instead of reaching for a QB like Tannehill the Hawks keep building there team and go after Barkley next year. I am curious to see how TJack would do with a full offseason and a healthy shoulder, healthy receivers and a healthy line. I think TJack performed above average this year and had a lot of things go against him. He needs to improve his execution in the 2 minute situations but if he can improve over last year the Hawks are a playoff team.

28. Where will they be if RG3 turns into
    John Elway
    Peyton Manning
    Michael Vick

I’m no Redskin Fan I just see they took a huge risk and to say they are going to be crippled, horrible or whatever you want to lable them as is a short sighted knee jerk reaction. Don’t know who gets the credit for the quote but “Big risk = Big gain-Little risk = Little gain”

29. I agree Piper you should build through the draft and add the pieces you need through FA. Those pieces don’t always have to come through mid level pickups though and I would further argue if you don’t spend big money occasionally your Front Office might get the reputation for being cheap. That’s not a good rep to have IMO. You should do your due diligence when spending that money no need to be reckless like Snyder.

30. piperfeltcher says:

Well if he turns out as good as J.Elway and M.Vick did for the teams that drafted them that is not very good to be honest .

31. piperfeltcher says:

Part of the reason that I thing RG3 will fail is that he is going to a team that has a owner who treats his team like it is a Madden game and has no self control. They are going to throw a ton of pressure on him without having a team around him that is built to win. If RG3 struggles early and shows that he needs some time to develop will they sit him on the bench so he can learn from a vet or will they just keep tossing him out on the field until they kill his confidence and ruin him? I personally can not think of a worse team and situation for a young QB who does not have a lot of experience to go to.

32. The easiest way to add more draft picks is by trading down. That’s what you need, picks in the draft. The more picks you have the better your chances of getting good players, as there are always going to be busts. By not having a 2nd rounder this year and 1st round picks until 2038 they have really tied their hands. RGIII must work out for them or they are screwed. It good guts to risk it though and I admire them for that. If he’s Elway, nobody will complain one bit. If he’s David Carr, they really dug themselves a huge hole, more like a gigantic crater. Time will tell.

33. piperfeltcher says:

If you use Elway as a comparison he had a way larger body of work in college then RG3 has and after 3 years in the league he had thrown 5 more int. then TD’s. Would Wash. have enough patience to wait 3 years while RG3 develops?

34. Tatupu has officially signed with Atlanta, best of luck!

35. piperfeltcher says:

If Manning goes to Den. we should trade a 2nd for Tebow and sign Nicks and draft Richardson and go to the option.

36. seahawkfan says:

Good news, Steve Hutchinson has been cut. In one off-season he single handedly destroyed Super Bowl caliber team that effected the lives of thousands of fans in the region and even destroyed the Vikings by preventing them from signing a new lineman that would make more money than him. The Vikings deserved it of course. Hope he rots in hell although he will have lots of money to spend there.

37. piperfeltcher says:

I see Hutch got cut today he will look good in Clev. next year.

Hutch single handedly… That take is the very definition of revisionist history. If Ruskell wasn’t totally inept, he’d likely still be a Seahawk.

39. Palerydr says:

Piper you chose a list of 1st and 3rd round(Claussen) bust QB’s my list came from #1 overall picks that was my only criteria for my list. Everyone of these guys has had some success in the NFL yea Vick was a screw up but not until he had demonstrated above avg even unique ability. He is also the best comparison of the 3 I named. I couldn’t care less what they did in college.

Personally if I had just 1 game to win for me it would be a coin flip between Elway and Montana(a 3rd round hall of famer).

40. Just curious: who thinks Hutch is a Hall of Famer? I’d say he’s a borderline HOFer, but I’m not sure.

I’m glad that the surefire HOFer who played on Hutch’s left in Seattle didn’t wear the colors of any other team.

41. JazBadAzz says:

The Colts are screwed big time if Luck doesn’t work out just as bad as the Redskins! They let a HOF player walk for absoliutely nothing…losing fan base with even more cuts, and have a ton of “dead money” on the books this year to prevent them from signing free agent help. RobertIII is in a better position to succeed, if don’t think so I can point you to a few things!

1. Redskins d is a lot better.
    2. Better OL
    3. Fans base is ready for a star in the nations capital! (No shoes to fill).
    4. Redskins are about 45mil under the cap/colts are right at it with dead money.
    5. Redskins with a better coaching staff and relies on their running game, which Shannahan always great at!

I remember last yr they killed us over and over on those playaction bootlegs, just think if RGIII is running that play unstead of Rex Grossman!

42. JazBadAzz says:

Is weapons are, Santana Moss, Fred Davis, Chris Cooley, Roy Helu…in forgeting the other guy, but they will be adding others in free agency!

43. I thought Santana Moss died of old age .

The thing with the Colts, all of that dead money, is money in the pocket of Irsay, I believe. He “can’t” spend it, so he can keep it. I’d say that this worked out pretty well for him. He can blame everything on everyone else and get even richer in the name of rebuilding.

In his defense, he does have a history of spending big (like Manning this past year) to keep his own players.

44. piperfeltcher says:

Yes Indy has a lot of dead money but they are not building to win next year they are building to win in 3 years and then keep winning. Manning was 3-13 in his 1st season and that sounds about right for Indy next year. I would take Indys situation over the Redskins in a heartbeat they get the better QB and have draft picks the next 2 years.

45. JazBadAzz says:

I doubt he gets to keep it…its money that’s owed to the players for guarentee’s in their contracts. The money counts against the cap if the player is there or not, like when we paid T.J. houshmadzadeh to go away, or the bucs paid Keyshawn Johnson to stay home…he doesn’t keep it, its already paid!

46. JazBadAzz says:

How are they getting the better QB pipefelther? Opinoins don’t count!

47. piperfeltcher says:

Have not seen many people in football say Luck is going 2nd but ok it is just opinions that Luck is better so I will reword it.”they are getting there choice of the 2 QB’s”. Reminds me of the year we reached and grabed Mirer 2nd overall.

48. Jazz – What guarantees? Housh had that second year guaranteed, as Rice does this year. I haven’t seen many contracts that guarantees players a bunch of money later in their contracts, as with those Colts who got the ax. In baseball, yes, but not football. I’d be willing to bet that it’s not money those players are still going to see.

49. We didn’t pay Lofa a dime last year. The Vikings aren’t paying Hutch one cent of the $7 million he would have had coming to him this year. Housh didn’t receive any of his money last year. He was off the books (after that second year had been guaranteed). Even if Housh played for us last year, that salary wouldn’t have been guaranteed and we could have cut him at no cost like they did with Lofa.

The Giants are screwed with the Barry Zito contract, but the NFL doesn’t work that way.

50. piperfeltcher says:

Most of the money owed has already gone to the players as part of there signing bonuses.
    Three times in the last 30 years QB’s have gone 1 and 2. Manning and Leif, Couch and Mcnabb, Bledsoe and Mirer. So it looks like either Luck or RG3 will be a star and the other will bust.

51. piperfeltcher says:

We did not pay Lofa last year but some of his contract still counted against the Hawks salery cap as dead money. Any not paid money does not count against the cap but as is Indy’s case money paid out as bonuses but then prorated against the length of there contract counts against the cap as dead money.

52. I hate St. Louis getting all those picks, but on the other hand, they’ve been crappy for so long, who would envy them?

It’s lucky the game is played on the field rather than in the media. The team is 53 guys. Last time P. Manning was in the SB, he threw a pick and lost the game.

I disagree with all these people saying it’s “win now,” then defining that as winning the SB. There’s only one team every year that “wins now.” There is no flippin guarantee that comes with any player or set of players. Witness last year’s “dream team.” Our 7-9 team this year was not the same kind of 7-9 team as the year before. We are growing and building. Net: steady progress is what I want to see. I don’t want the 2-14 trade-off you have to make to get a Luck or a Barkley.

53. piperfeltcher says:

By paying the 38 mill in dead money this year the colts are going to have a ton of money to spend the following year.

I think Hutch is a HOF, but not first ballot.

The Skins have proven to be inept at building through FA, and yet, that will be a big part of their future in trying to put something around Griffin (and the salary cap hell they will soon be facing). No first rounders the next two seasons will be tough, considering they would figure to be high(er) picks.

55. HawkyHann says:

Redskins will now add a true #1 WR in Vincent Jackson, watch. When they do this, they’ve a potent offense, and Horse mouth now has his QB to go with a solid ground game.

56. piperfeltcher says:

I think the Skins will add V.Jackson and Nicks to huge contracts and in three years when RG3 is starting to hit his stride he will be stuck on a team of aging overpaid players who eat up all there salary cap and they will have no good young talent.

57. The price was even higher than I thought it would be to move up four spaces – but if you’re going to do it for any one player, a franchise QB is who you do it for. Esp when your team has been searching for a top-level QB for a long, long time.

Rams really get a windfall from RG3′s great post-season workouts and interviews, his stock has really gone up the past month or so, and they worked it.

I hope that if Manning goes anywhere other than here, that it’s at least to one of the other QB-needy teams drafting ahead of us. Otherwise, we could be left w/out a seat in this game of musical chairs.

58. piperfeltcher says:

I think we bring in Campbell to compete with TJack.

What would that accomplish, exactly? That would do little to solidify the QB position.

60. Palerydr says:

Hutch and his agent are a pair of rat bastages for signing a contract they knew the Hawks would/could not match. I couldn’t care less if he gets in or not. Yea apparently I couldn’t let that 1 go.

61. piperfeltcher says:

I think this is TJacks team for at least 1 more year. Campbell offers an experienced back up who has worked with Cable and was having a good year last year until he got hurt.

62. Palerydr says:

Depending on how FA works out I could see if we don’t sign Flynn then bringing in another vet QB familiar with one of our coaches could be an option. Signing Campbell won’t solidify the QB position just give us another mediocre option in case Jackson goes down. I see us drafting a developmental QB in round 2 or 3 regardless of who we sign.

63. JazBadAzz says:

Campbell is a lot better than people realize, he has had many coaching changes and dealing with the ignorace of upper mangement! He would surely beat out T.Jack if they was to compete this offseason. The only way he wouldn’t is because T.Jack know the offense reall well.

64. piperfeltcher says:

I thing TJack will be a lot better this year with a offseason and being healthy.

65. I’m starting to hope Manning goes to AZ so we can sign Kolb when he’s released.

66. JazBadAzz says:

I agree piperfeltcher, I don’t understand the panic some guys show. He’s is also not as bad as some think!

Despite the “ignorance” Campbell’s played under, wouldn’t his production have shown itself by now, after this many seasons? He’s a middling QB, who is not much differen than Jackson, aside from the fact Campbell has been given a clear opportunity to display what he is capable of. Again I ask: what would bringing him in accomplish? Is he a long term solution to the QB position? Of not (and he isn’t) then Seattle has an obligation to pass. IMO, only long term answers need apply, as it were, and Campbell isn’t one.

Isn’t this the only season where Jackson has been injured? Just asking…

69. I’m not real excited about the Cards signing Manning and then getting Hutch to help block for him (just throwing it out there). He still graded out as one of the best guards in the NFL last year. Their line may suck now, but with Grimm coaching them and adding another vet through free agency or something (i.e. better players), they could be a good “quick fix” type of team. I’d be worth it, long term, if we got Kolb though. To me, probably not most of you.

70. JazBadAzz says:

I’m not going to debate a QB’s hardship right now. If we sign him, it would be great for us if not oh well…I’m burnt out with talking about the same stuff everyday under different heading.

There are only a few teams that will say they don’t need another QB…
    Pats, saints, steelers, chargers, lions, packers, bears, and giants! Give or take a couple! The rest of them would love to upgrade I’m sure!

71. Redskins fans will be expecting 10 wins or more for the next ten years, and it will not be unreachable.

Seattle will continue to its attempt to win 5-9 games in a rather weak conference with no expectations of granduer whatsoever.

That is the difference between Redskins and Seahawks as of 2012.

So, let’s all hope Doug Flutie II (Russell Martin) is the answer to our prayers. Or that TJack somehow stops being himself.

Otherwise, we go into year four having to do the SAME thing the Redskins did for some Wilson kid out of Arkansas.

So yes, draft picks are overrated.

If we draft Upshaw, and JS/PC get fired in two years, he will be traded or cut. He is not scheme diverse. If we go from zone blocking to man, we will start all over. All our precious high picks will move on.

So, my friends, JS/PC had better have 10 wins in them in the next two seasons. Otherwise, all those precious “picks” will go buh bye.

Win now.

72. I dont care if the Ice Fisherman makes the HOF. He’s a traitorous douche and can rot in hell.

I too think Jason Campbell is a far better qb than T-Joke. While he is more fragile, he has far better accuracy on throws, and has better pocket awareness. I wouldnt mind seeing him brought in, since we wont have anyone else ready to start, even if we somehow land Cousins, Weeden, or Tannehill.

I would like to see us sign Bruce Gradkowski, but I dont even know if he’s a FA or under contract. I thought he did a nice job in Oakland, especially since he wasnt Al Davis’ boy, he was Cables, and Davis hated him. I liked Gradkowski’s toughness and competitiveness, and I thought he threw a nice mid-deep ball. I was surprised we didnt jettison Clipboard Jesus for him, but then again, Jesus was Carrol and Schnieds boy, and they werent ready to admit thier mistake yet.

So I’d be happy to see Campbell and/or Gradkowski on our team, but of course, that doesnt solve our long-term problem at qb, it just buys time.

73. Jason Campbell + Bruce Gradkowski + Portis + TJack + Russell Martin = Super Bowl.

74. Your alarm is buzzing. Time to wake up:)

75. HawkyHann says:

Hilarious reading about going after Jason Campbell. Really? Has that what it’s come to? Seattle has the grossest QB situation in the league. Agree?

76. The rumor mill is now buzzing about the 2013 QB the Seahawks have already targeted. Unbelievable. Next year will start the rebuild. Next year.

Tyler Wilson to the Rescue! Or Geno Smith!

Carpenter had better end up being a darn good guard. Either that, or Andy Dalton had better start sucking soon.

77. Macabrevity says:

@SeahawkFan12 Good call bud, nicely put. The talking heads have never given the NW much respect in any sport – football being possibly the worst.

As for Jason Campbell, the main difference between him and T-Jack is T-Jack knows this version of the WCO better. Campbell is a journeyman spot starter, nothing more.

As for Peyton, if he really dogs us that hard and doesn’t even visit all I can say is it’ll be fun rooting against him.

78. Macabrevity says:

My worst nightmare would be that the Hawks miss out on all the FA options and actually trade up to (say Miami’s spot) to draft Ryan “tiny hands” Tannehill. What a nightmare that would be, giving up picks to move up and take a complete anomaly that in my mind isn’t that far ahead of the rest of the QB brat pack. I’m sure (hoping) that doesn’t happen.

79. SeahawkFan12 says:

Macabrevity, I really don’t think Peyton will dog us. I actually will be shocked a little if he doesn’t come here and at least check it al out. We’ll see. Screw the national media and their myopic view though…

80. From the “reports” it sounds as if Peyton has only 3 teams in mind. Doubt he will be making a visit to our great state