Morning links: Lofa’s future

Post by Eric Williams on Feb. 1, 2012 at 11:27 am with 70 Comments »
February 1, 2012 11:31 am
Seattle Seahawks linebacker Lofa Tatupu (TNT file photo)

Jeff Fedotin of the National Football Post provides a bit of an update on former Seattle Seahawks linebacker Lofa Tatupu. Fedotin reports that, according to a source, Tatupu is healthy and looking for employment after sitting out the 2011 season.

Tatupu asked for his release from Seattle after refusing to take a pay cut at the beginning of training camp. Tatupu was due to make $4.35 million in 2011. Part of the reason Tatupu did not stay with Seattle is because there was no guarantee he would make the final roster, and the Seahawks had an able replacement for Tatupu in David Hawthorne.

Tatupu had surgery on both knees in January of last year, and there was some concern within the organization if he would hold up through the 2011 season. Now, after sitting out a full season, Tatupu appears healthy and ready to resume a productive NFL career at the age of 29, with free agency set to begin March 13.

Tim Reynolds of the Associated Press updates us on former Seattle Seahawk defensive tackle Cortez Kennedy and his prospects of making it in the Pro Football Hall of Fame this weekend. The voting takes place on Saturday.

Hall of Famer Steve Largent is ranked among the all-time great players never to play in a Super Bowl.

Vittorio Tafor of the San Francisco Chronicle reports that the Raiders have named former Seattle offensive coordinator Greg Knapp as the team’s new offensive coordinator.

Andrew Brandt of the National Football Post offers an interesting read on the problem with the Pro Bowl and how “whisper crews” can create issues with first-time Pro Bowlers for their perspective teams.

Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com has Seattle selecting Penn State defensive tackle Devon Still at No. 12 in his latest mock draft.

Don Banks of Sports Illustrated has Seattle selecting South Carolina defensive end Melvin Ingram in his first mock draft of 2012.

Chris Burke of Sports Illustrated says that former Seahawks’ receiver Deion Branch is relishing his role in this year’s Super Bowl as one of the “old guys.”

Paul Valencia of the Vancouver Columbian writes that receiver Jonathan Warner, the son of legendary Seattle running back Curt Warner, accepted a scholarship to attend his dad’s alma mater Penn State.

Morning links
  1. mindnbrad says:

“Even if Tatupu is 100 percent healthy, it is very unlikely that he will rejoin the Seahawks and his former college coach, Pete Carroll.”
    Interesting.

“Only LB Leroy Hill and CB Marcus Trufant remain from the Seahawks’ 2005 Super Bowl team.”
    Crazy.

Best wishes, Tatupu. You remain one of my son’s favorites. I hope you find great success wherever you may land.

I’m sure a year off did wonders for his body. My concern for him were the concussions. He’s has several.

Not that it’s worth a hill of beans, but this is Rang’s first mock where he had Seattle taking a player I’d be happy with: a pressance at 3-tech that’s (seemingly) able to collapse the pocket and be strong at the point.

I could see Tatupu signing with New England next year. And like Duke , it is the concussions that concern me. That goes for Trufant also.

I would be OK with Devin Still, but why the 12 pick? Why not the 11 pick. Has there been a coin flip already? And why do most of these mocks assume we are going to lose it?
    You would think that Rang( being a homer) would give us some love concerning that. Lol.

Speaking of no love, has anyone seen the ads on NFL Network for the HOF selection show airing Saturday? The montage of players they show that are up for induction, of course omits Tez. It’s criminal he’s not already in. .

East coast bias at it’s best! Believe me I have been living with this stuff since 86 when I moved out east.
    Hopefully Tez will get in eventually.

6. HawkfaninMT says:

No coin flip til the combine. Hawks are usually mocked at the 12th spot due to alphabetical order. KC comes before Seattle

7. HawkfaninMT says:

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel now confirms that free agent Matt Flynn receiving the Packers’ franchise tag is “not going to happen.”

Wasn’t someone guaranteeing GB was going to FT Flynn?

So if the coin lands straight up we have to accept alphabetical order?

9. Does anyone know how much money the team would save by cutting Gallery? It would seem that a guy like McQuistan could/would play just as well at a fraction of the cost and keep the left guard position warm until the ACL of James Carpenter is ready for football again. I’d rather those millions going to Gallery be used for signing or resigning some players who are actually good.

If Still has enough ability to get push up the middle in pass rush situations, I’d be all for him. If he’s another of what we already have, I’m not sold. I would have no problem with him if he was a guy who would only get 2-4 sacks per season IF he was able to get push and make things uncomfortable for QBs in the pocket (which would give our edge rushers a better chance since the QB wouldn’t be able to step up all the time).

The NFL HOF has become a joke with the type of above average players they have let in and others who haven’t made it. Not allowing Cortez to join a group of people, some of whom were clearly not as good as him even though they are already in, just adds to the legacy of Canton being the joke that it is.

Speaking of concussions (Lofa), I truly loved the Sidney Rice signing last year and I would have done the same thing (gave him that contract) but I’d be fibbing if I didn’t acknowledge that I’m worried about the three that he’s had this past season (much more so than the shoulders). At least with Lofa, he didn’t add anymore this past season.

10. BobbyAyala says:

Go Lofa, go.

One of the greats…

11. BobbyAyala says:

Go, Tez, go.

One of the greatest…

12. fromargentina says:

hi im from argentina a big fan of Seahawks and this blog too.

I read on the blog about the QB situation. Today, the Seahawks are a young team and Schneider and Carroll should take advange of this moment and not wait to see fall from the sky a star QB.

Who is worse than Tavaris Jackson? Matt Flynn?, Kirk Cousins (in a 3rd round?), Ryan Tannehill (in the second?) i dont think so

this team with one of those QB could be a contender the next season.

I would sign Flynn and choose defensive players on this draft with a RB in late rounds to help Marshall and support the backfield.

sorry if the message was not understood, is the first

regards 12th man!!

Welcome- fromargentina! I understand and agree with what you say. Let’s hope we can get that qb, and improve our defensive front this year.

14. Soggybuc says:

Understood well enough Argentina and welcome to the blog =)

i have a strong hunch that the Hawks may just stockpile talent and go with TJ for 12 with an eye on the 2013 draft.
    If Flynn goes to Miami, Luck to Indy and Holmy grabs RGIII what other QB needy teams are left?
    NE -set
    NYJ- maybe, only if Ryan gets canned
    MIA- set if Flynn is there
    Buff- possible
    Bal- set
    Pitt- set
    Cincy- set
    Cle- set if draft RGIII
    Hou- set
    Tenn- doubly set
    Jax- do you dump a high round pick after 2 seasons?
    Ind- set
    Den- that remains to be seen
    SD- set
    Oak- set
    KC- unless Cassel tanks set
    NYG- set
    Phil- set
    Dal- set
    WAS- if they pass on Tannehill the will be draft hunting in 13
    NO set
    Atl- set
    Car-set
    TB- set
    GB- set
    Det-set
    Chi-set
    Min- Ponder looked good enough to say set
    SF- set, Kaepernick is in the wings
    STL-set
    AZ- that Kolb contract keeps them out of drafting a QB high
    Sea- hello MR Barkley

See the field will be wide open to draft any QB coming out next year.

15. raymaines says:

I just can’t explain how grateful I am that my opinion doesn’t mean squat to the brain trust at VMAC. I’m thinking the ‘Hawks need Flynn this year, but Barkley next year sounds good too.

Just get better every year. That’s all I ask. Maybe in two or three years they go to the Super Bowl. The following year they win the SB. Then they go undefeated in the regular season for the next 30 years. They win every other SB for the next 50 years. Then I’m dead of old age. Hey, cool!!

16. olyfan63 says:

I would like to see the Hawks pick up QB Russell Wilson of Wisconsin in the later rounds. After watching TJack make wrong reads and miss seeing open receivers, Wilson’s TD-to-Int numbers look pretty good. Yeah, I know he’s “short” etc. but he has the arm, the mobility, and I think the smarts and mental approach to be an outstanding NFL quarterback. Sort of a more athletic version of Dave Krieg or Jon Kitna. Wilson’s career numbers are 4-to-1 TD’s to Int’s.

17. All I read from most people is how Schneider and Mr. Happy value draft picks. Then all I read is how they would never trade up that much draft capital to trade up (Luck or even RGIII). So, if we’re going to be as good as everyone thinks, we’ll probably draft late teens or early twenties (TJ will single handedly prevent us from drafting in the late twenties or certainly the thirties) so what makes people think they are willing to tank another year at the QB position just so they can trade a whole bunch of draft picks so they can trade into the top 1-5 next year to draft Barkley?

As much success that the FO has had already with mid round picks to undrafted free agents I don’t see why they wouldn’t consider trading some early round picks to move up and draft a top qb.

Unless there is this stud defensive front seven prospect that will absolutely transform our defense into a scary good defense, ( think Suh or Ware), I think that the FO would have to at least consider it.

It would suck to pick a defensive lineman in the first round just because Rang and others are saying that we suddenly need one, and pass up an opportunity of aquiring a good qb by doing so.

Hell we have needed to get better on the defensive line for years! Imo. Now all of a sudden the scouts have figured that out?

19. RDPoulsbo says:

Hawkfan: I wasn’t saying it was guaranteed, but a good chance if they could sign Finley before the tag deadline. Those talks seem to have gone nowhere as of late, so it’s Finley that’s likely going to get the tag instead. It sounds like that situation is going to get real ugly once it happens as well. His agent is pushing to get him classified as a WR so the tag will cost $9.4M. I see a holdout coming.

20. This is TEZ’s best chance to get into the HOF and I believe he has an 80 percent chance of making it. I’ll be really upset if he doesn’t. The man has waited long enough.

I know Walter is going to be our third HOFer, but who will be our fourth? I wish I could say Kenny Easley, but it looks like we’ll have to wait until Earl Thomas retires.

21. fromargentina, do they show any of the NFL games over there or do you have to watch through the Internet? How did you become a Seahawks fan?

Rang, and those like him, may scout players, but that is not the same as being a scout. Their opinions have no relevance on what a given team’s front office sees as their own particular needs.

But, more to the point; Carroll said, at the end of last season on Softy’s radio show, that he would consider “mortgaging the future” by trading draft picks in order to move up in the draft, to get the right QB. However, a couple things to keep in mind: is that QB available in this draft, in their eyes? You need a trading partner, which is much easier said than done. Are they convinced that it’s critical to take a QB inside the top, say 5 (or whatever) in order to secure a franchise type? This game Sunday is a compelling argument against that.

Nearly all of us agree that Seattle needs a significant upgrade at QB in order to become genuine contenders. But there is no hard and fast blueprint here on how to do that, an there are many options available to them, right now

Easley is a good as any safety to ever play the game. He is absolutely HOFer worthy. But the length of his career will keep him out, sadly.

24. Terrell Davis comes to mind, like Easley, who would have a good shot at Canton if he played longer. It’s funny that if Davis could have played 3 more years of being crappy (low rushing yard average, per game average, etc.) then he’d probably have a much better chance.

25. chuck_easton says:

BobbyK,

Let’s look logically at your argument as to why wouldn’t the FO trade up.

First off even if they wanted to trade up (and I am in the camp that the don’t want to)who would they trade with and at what cost?

The Colts have all but ssid they are taking Luck with the #1 pick.

Do you really think the Rams at #2 would trade with a team in their Division knowing we would use that pick to take a Franchise QB?

So IF the Rams use their pick on Khalil instead of trading it to some other team we are to #3.

The Vikings have said the pick is available for trade. Let the bidding begin. We will be competing with Washington, Miami, and possibly 2 or three other teams. It could get expensive.

The dreamer in me says LET’s Go FOR IT! The realist in me says ‘ain’t gonna happen don’t get your hopes up.” I know I’m boring, but the realist always wins the argument in my head.

26. fromargentina says:

canfan im become a seahawks fan because i was a fan of Supersonics too. Here the espn, espn3 and fox sports broadcasting 6 games for week of NFL and 2 NCAA games for week and the bowls most important, but i always watch the games of seahawks on internet

thanks all for the welcome

Chuck – That speaks to one of my points as well. Finding a willing trading partner is far more difficult now that there is a rookie cap in place. Moving up is now more feasible, and I believe teams wanting to move out of those high picks is less attractive.

28. Hypothetically, If the Rams where willing to take 2 first round picks 2012/13 for RGIII, I would pull the trigger if I was the Hawks FO. 1st round picks don’t hurt teams as much now since there is a $ structure for each slot in the 1st round. I think RGIII is going to be a special player in the nfl for a long time. Having a legit starting QB on a team makes everyone else better. Imagine RGIII to Rice combo…

29. As Duke pointed out that 1st round picks are less attractive since there is a rookie cap so teams don’t feel forced to play for example QB’s that they draft in the 1st round now, they can sit for 1-2 years before taking over.

30. chuck_easton says:

dacmike,

That is assuming the Rams would trade with Seattle. Why would the Rams be interested in making a trade that will help a Division rival?

I think the Rams will listen to all offers for that draft slot EXCEPT one from any teams residing in SF, Seattle or Arizona.

Why do I get this sinking feeling that not only will we miss out on the top two qbs of the draft, but we will also miss out on Flynn and Manning.
    chuck_easton is probably right.

32. @GeorgiaHawk.

Because you are a Seahawks fan!

33. RDPoulsbo says:

The lack of immediate starting quality QBs in the draft almost assuredly means some team is going to trade up to get RG3. Those other teams include Cleveland (with an extra 1st round pick), Washington, and Miami, all of which have better draft positions than Seattle. Even if Seattle wants to trade up and over these teams, they will be outgunned trying to trade draft picks alone. That means in order to pull it off, it would have to include talented, young players in a potential trade like Baldwin and/or Unger.

34. piperfeltcher says:

Hawks could also trade out of the 1st round this year and get some extra picks to to go after a QB next year. This is a deep draft I bet you could trade a 2nd this year for a 1st next year. With 2 1st round picks next year it would be easier to move up and get a QB.

Georgia – Presuming that does happen, does that meant that they have no chance to acquire a franchise type QB, this offseason? I don’t believe that, for one minute.

36. chuck_easton says:

I’ll throw my bet out there right now. Cousins from Mich State will be drafted by Seattle in the 2nd round.

I don’t know why I think this. I have nothing to hang my hat on except a gut feeling, but that feeling hasn’t failed me too many times in my life.

Chuck – I know some people here will recoil against that, but not me; I could live with him Among other things, I was impressed with his practices during the Sr Bowl. Surprising arm strength,impressive mobility, and he appeared to look safeties off, when those opportunities presented themselves.

38. RDPoulsbo says:

I really do like Cousins and wouldn’t mind getting him in the 2nd. The way the Sr. Bowl went, hoping he’ll be around in the 3rd or 4th are seeming unrealistic. He’s not someone I’d start right away and it’s not like if he doesn’t pan out, heads will roll. Foles might be a good option that high as well. If he doesn’t look like he’s going to pan out, T-Jax will be gone at the end of next season giving them another chance to go for a franchise QB they can’t sign Flynn.

I know it sucks to keep having to wait until next year for a franchise QB, but it’s never good to force the issue either. Oakland illustrates that point when they traded away their 1st, 3rd and 4th round picks this year and a 1st or 2nd next year for Palmer, Campbell and Pryor. It’s not hard to understand why their GM was canned. Arizona’s FO is headed for the same fate with the Kolb move.

39. yakimahawk says:

Again, I would barf if they took Cousins anywhere before 3rd round whether other teams think he is worth it or not..He made, yes some good throws and also some really bad ones..I see him as a possibe good QB never , ever a great one..I think we are all trying to force a QB issue, though you cannot put it off forever but taking a QB too high can hurt a team…The only QB in this draft that has it all is Luck..I even think RG3 will need some work though he has immense upside he has not played in a pro offense and may stuggle..IMO

40. chuck

I never said we should trade up this year in that post (Yes. I have before but only for Luck — but now that it appears Manning is gone, there’s no way they will pass on Luck so it doesn’t even matter anymore).

I said that people think we can skimp on it THIS year are the ones saying that we can get Barkley next year (when we’ll most likely have to make just as crazy of a trade offer to move up). I can’t figure out why SOME are saying ‘no’ to a potential trade up this year and thinking it’s okay to potentially move up next year just because Barkley will be available.

In both years you’re going to have to find a trading partner if either is to happen. That is obvious.

I wish I would have seen more than one of Cousin’s games this past year. I have only heard good things about him (and from highlights), but in the one game I saw with my own eyes he was absolute dogsh!t.

41. yakimahawk says:

I would much rather take Kellen Morre in the 6th-7th round than to absolutley blow a 2nd rounder on cousins..This is a defense deep draft, NOT a QB deep draft…If Moore is a bust giving up a 6th -7th is nothing, as it compares to busting a 2nd on cousins…

42. freedom_X says:

Who we (the fans) think is a franchise QB and who the Seattle front office thinks is a franchise QB could be two completely different things.

43. yakimahawk says:

Boobby I saw him in 2 games(again only 1 complete one) and when he is under pressure he throws up, out under and hardly to a receiver. Though in no way am I saying he stinks but in no way does he garner a 2nd round pick!!

Forget about it, freedom. That type of obvious language has no place in this conversation.

This draft is far deeper at QB IMO, than some here believe it to be. Only time will tell. Speaking of which, Foles is another that intrigues me.

BTW, as if you need another reason to hate ESPN: they just ran a segment that posed he question; how would you fix the Patriots / Giants. Fix? Last I checked, they were each playing in the Super Bowl, Sunday. Good lord… the dumbness of their programming is just insulting.

46. I was recently around someone dumb enough who thought that every football game is fixed. He really didn’t have a good answer when I asked why some games come down to long field goals that are either good or not by a few inches.

47. HawkfaninMT says:

Who’s to say they won’t draft more than one QB either to battle it out?

Oswieller in the 3rd, Foles in the 4th, and Moore in the 6th….

One is bound to be decent… Right?

48. SeahawkFan12 says:

With Peyton cleared to play and Flynn going to Miami (and even if he wasn’t), I say let’s get Manning.

It will cost money and no draft picks after Irsay cuts him. For the record, I think Irsay is an idiot for not trading the #1 pick. If he thinks anyone–especially Luck, and untested rookie–is going to salvage the Colts, he’s nuts. He could rebuild that team in one season by trading that pick and keeping Manning–a proven 1st ballot HOF’er. The Colts are a mess.

So bring Peyton to Seattle.

Really? Peyton Manning cleared to resume career? Imo- Peyton could have played in a few games this season, however he was held back for some mysterious reason! Wonder what that could have been?

I think Manning may renegotiate to stay in Indy, and the Colts will then trade Luck to the Redskins for a boat load of picks.

The Colts are in rebuild mode, from the front office on down the line. But no matter, although Peyton’s been cleared, that doesn’t mean the nerve to his tricepts has recovered to the point where he can play at an acceptable level. And by all reports, it’s not even close. If Seattle, or any club, to be sincerely interested, it will take something of a leap of faith to sign him, and the financial and lack of drafting a QB that will be required. His history aside, it’s a significant gamble, make no mistake.

Manning was held back because he couldn’t pass a physical. This is no conspiracy. Today, the doctors cleared him. Irsay has already stated that they are taking Luck, regardless. He said he’d be willing to pay both. But the reality is, Manning will be cut.

52. I think we should say “screw the QB position” and go with T-Jack for another year and try to develop some mid-round draft pick. In the meantime, we should try to build up the rest of the team. That way, when we end up having a great team on paper, we’ll still “only” be a QB away. And then by the time that QB develops we’ll have had a bunch of young stud free agents from around now who we can’t possibly keep to second contracts thanks to the salary cap (think about what it will cost to pay ET, Chancellor, AND Sherman to extentions as simply one unit of the team; DBs) so then we can try to rebuild the team again. In the meantime, we can have been to zero Super Bowls and complain about the East Coast bias (which I do believe exists to a certain degree). Hey, we’ve all been Seahawks fans for a long time so who really cares about Super Bowls? Most fans who comment (not all) are simply happy with being competitive on a weekly basis even if it’s not really being competitive with respect to being a champion (i.e. Super Bowl WINNER).

No way I’d trade the Luck pick if I were the Colts. Not unless some team offered me a moron (for them) type of deal.

If ever a team could take the chance on Manning, it’d be us. We have a competent back-up (T-Jack) and the season wouldn’t be totally destroyed if he had to take over (although he’s frickin’ worthless as a guaranteed starter; I like him as a back-up though – weird). We’d also be certain to add an early mid-round QB since Manning is no sure thing either. The #1 pick could be used on a pass rusher and we’d be looking good for 2012 (with the depth of Manning/Jackson/early-pick-rookie at QB). The crappy part is Manning in a brand new offense though (and it would have to be financially responsible).

I still see Manning as the #1 target of the Fish, so that means Flynn to us! Which is fine by me and my long-term interests!

53. Soggybuc says:

Well Bobby there still is Portis, kid was damn impressive last year with no OTA’s , mini camps. How good will he look with a full off season of working at the VMAC?
    JS learned his craft under a team that never panicked and reached for a player at any position.
    that said the only thing i will guarantee about the off season is that the Hawks FO is going to pull off moves that none of us see coming! can anyone say they had the Lynch trade predicted? lets just get this damned Super Bowl over and done with so we can move on to the real fun!

True Soggybuc! I couldn’t even begin to predict what the FO will do with this team, and that is so much better then the the past predictable boring regimes.

55. I don’t believe in 20-something year old idiots/fools who steal credit cards and are faces of franchises (and are dumb enough to register for other stuff under stolen info). Sorry. That’s just me (and I could be wrong w/respect to winning it all).

There are alot of 20- something year old idiot/fools out there that are good football players. And some have Superbowl rings. And one is another qb. Wonder who that could be? Lol.

57. I don’t care about other positions, as we know many players aren’t choir boys. But I do have a separate set of standards for the QB position. It’s not like Portis did something this stoopid 5 years ago when he just got to college. It was after he supposedly got “edgeumucated.”

58. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

bobby, the whole manning thing kinda reminds me of vikings/favre all over again.

59. chuck_easton says:

Bobby you need to root for Manning to Miami. That puts Seattle in a better position to make a run at Flynn.

Manning has been medically cleared by his Dr. to not be in danger of further damage. He hasn’t proven he can throw a ball yet.

My biggest concern with Manning is he will go to a team with a ‘win now’ and all we need is a good QB situation. While I would love to believe that is Seattle, are we really just a QB away from the play-offs? And if we are we will be right back looking for the QB of the future in 2 or 3 years if we take an older QB.

Now if the idea is sign someone like Manning AND draft a Cousins in the later roungs I’d be better with it.

60. SeahawkFan12 says:

Gents, take this a monstrous grain of salt, but Chris Mortensen (Yes…I now…ESPN..) reports that Mannign CAN THROW and could theoretically play THIS Sunday. Theoretically. If our FO/medical staff found Manning sound and good to go I’d much rather have him over relatively untested Flynn. Just my opinion.

Yes, this statement is WAY different than a front office and medical staff doing a full evaluation on Manning’s recovery, but by these “reports” Manning has healed from the nerve issues. Yes, I know…consider the source…

61. SeahawkFan12 says:

And chuck, I agree that bringing Manning means ALSO drafting a QB as well.

62. RDPoulsbo says:

Manning is a financial bomb. I’d rather that money be spent on younger talent instead.

The teams looking for Flynn or RG3 are not in a position to win a SB next year, so they won’t be of interest to Peyton at this stage of his career. If there’s a good landing spot, I think the Jets are the best place to go. Given the lockerroom meltdown this year, I’m not sure he’d want to go there though. Then again, he’d be in the same city with his brother and the national media would wet themselves over storylines of Jets vs. Giants stories. I just puked a little in my mouth there.

63. piperfeltcher says:

If the Hawks doctors think Manning can play and he is willing to go to Seattle it is a no-brainer. Indy was a serious superbowl contender with him and a 2 win team without him it is obvious after this year that Indy did a poor job of surrounding him with talent and add him to the Hawks with there defence and would have to think they would be superbowl favorites. Yes it would hurt there cap and would lead to them losing some talent down the road but after 30+ years I want a Superbowl and if winning one means the Hawks will have to rebuild afterwards so be it.

64. grizindabox says:

Manning is done in Indy. This is the perfect time for them to start the rebuild without fans being upset. I am only in the Hawks should sign Manning if it is a financially reasonable deal. I believe that Flynn may be too expensive, and will end up in either Miami or Washington because they are willing to overspend.

65. I agree – – IF our docs clear him to play – let’s make a run at Manning. We’ve got a very solid club to put around him – and at 35, he could easily play another 3 years. It would be the most exciting thing to hit Seattle sports in a long while. . .

66. SeahawkFan12 says:

grizindabox I agree. If you are going to spend big $ on a QB, do it with a proven winner. The desire to blow wads of cash on relatively unproven backups like Kolb and Flynn is silly. Flynn will go to Miami, if for no other reason than to play for his former coordinator who now sits on the HC throne. If Manning came to Seattle, he would have an immediate impact in the right direction, not to mention the fact that Seattle would get more respect from the rest of the football world (far less important, but worth noting).

67. Manning would had 4-5 wins to our team ( if healthy) that puts us at 12-4ish – yes that puts us in the play offs AND division champs in all likely hood.

With Manning this year we would have won last 2 easily – Washington, Cleveland, and Atlanta games. Thats 12.

a sad thought with Alex smith as a FA do you think that SF might make a run at Manning or Manning talking to SF? That would be scary

68. Great comments guys/gals. If Manning can play, get him, we NEED a star QB and Manning is the best ever. He could transform our team this coming year to be a serious contender. He could mold our talented receivers, we could keep Marshawn, get another stud running back,and PLEASE don’t stress over Mr. Allen’s money, he has enough of it and would gladly pay Peyton to put us on top.Can you just imagine? Wow.Stop trying for mediocrity, we probably could achieve it if we don’t dream big.