Hawks healthy heading into Chicago game

Post by Eric Williams on Dec. 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm with 14 Comments »
December 16, 2011 1:39 pm

Seattle Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll indicated after today’s practice that his team will be healthy for the most part as they travel to Chicago this afternoon.

Cornerback Richard Sherman (knee), defensive end Raheem Brock (calf) and offensive linemen Robert Gallery (hip) and Jarriel King (hamstring) all returned to practice today, were full participants and are probable.

Along with those players, cornerback Kennard Cox (hamstring), linebacker Leroy Hill (neck), quarterback Tarvaris Jackson (pectoral), receiver Doug Baldwin (ankle) and linebacker David Hawthorne (knee) are probable.

Carroll said that King is the only player who will be listed as questionable on the team’s injury report.

Gallery had missed the first two days of practice this week, but appeared to be moving well during Seattle’s 90-minute walk-through and should plays this weekend.

Carroll also talked about the fact that his team is travelling to the Windy City to take on the Bears for the third time in a little over a month.

“It’s doesn’t help us any more than it helps them – that’s all equal,” Carroll said. “But we are familiar with where we’re going and the trip and all that kind of stuff. And we’ve had a great day there, and we’ve had a day we’d like to forget, so we know the spectrum that we’re up against.

“It’s almost like a division matchup in that regard with our third time in two years. So we’ll feel okay about it, and they won’t mind us going there again. We’d like to invite them to come out here some time, too.”

For Chicago, quarterback Jay Cutler (right thumb), running back Matt Forte (knee) and receiver Sam Hurd (non injury related) all did not practice and are out.

Defensive tackle Henry Melton (shin) and receiver Devin Hester (ankle) both did not practice and are listed as questionable.

Cornerback Charles Tillman (knee), offensive lineman Edwin Williams (calf) and safety Major Wright (shoulder) all fully participated in practice and are listed as probable

Notes from practice
  1. BobbyAyala says:

I wonder what Okung, Thurmond, Moffit, Carpenter, and co. think of this headline, Eric.

2. BobbyAyala: They’re thinking that most people who read this blog know they’re done for the year.

3. gonefishin69690 says:

I think Bobby was trying to say maybe they are disappointed that they can’t be out there. The O line injuries are sad, those guys were just starting to play well together. I will however give Kuddos to their replacements.

4. this is where we’ll really see how “good” the O-Line depth is.

5. I agree. Even though things were fine against the Rams (without Okung), lets not forget that those Rams are barely a real NFL team at this point.

6. jarred767 says:

I read the article on the last post about Peyton Manning and it was interesting. I heard them talking about it on the radio yesterday too, and just think if it we actually would be in the conversation for him. Plug him into our offense and instantly every other offensive player is better. And the rational in that article leaves me thinking that we might even be higher up than 6. I find it difficult to think the jets would part with Sanchez, the cowboys with Romo, or possibly even the ravens with flacco. This leaves us, SF and Miami, and possibly the ravens – and of course the colts, but they have a major dilemma with the Luck scenario.

Can you guys imagine if we drafted a qb this year and let him develop under Peyton for two years or so? It may sound a little crazy, but I don’t think you can ignore any options with this front office….

7. One thing Manning would do for this team is make it more accountable with respect to penalties, which is something it seems the coaches need help with (an on-field presence to hold others accountrable).

I remember reading an article about Donald Brown, who was the Colts first round pick a few years ago. Peyton would get so pissed at him for his lack of knowlege in the system and bliz pick-ups that he was referred to as “Damnit Donald” and rode him hard. He’s not (and doesn’t) accept idiots on his offense whether it’s stupid penalties like false starts or running the wrong routes. You know dang well that he’ll keep WRs after practice if there are miscommunications and things of that nature, as nobody works harder.

Do I seriously think Manning is Seattle bound? No. I do not. Would I be opposed to it? No. But I’m not interested in trading a couple of first round picks for him either. If it was a 25 year old Peyton Manning, I would have no problem trading 4-5 first rounders for him.

I’d rather have Manning over Chris Spencer, Deion Branch, Kelly Jennings, Lawrence Jackson, and Aaron Curry. lol

8. jarred767 says:

I definitely wouldn’t trade for him either, but there’s a good chance that Indy cuts him because he’s due a 28.5 million dollar roster bonus and a team that’s rebuilding can’t afford that at one position, especially if they also invest 1st pick type money in Luck, there’s a good chance he will be a free agent this spring.

I hadn’t thought of the accountability issues, but that itself would be huge advantage, as those penalties are seriously the hardest part of this team to deal with. Especially the dumb ones!!

9. noticed for the first time – our final game of the season vs. the Cards has a chance to shape up as the game of the year. and it’s on Jan 1.

10. JazBadAzz says:

If I was Peyton I would love to come to play in seattle, a lot of pieces are in place here. We lack a offensive field general, #1 back, te, wr and its gonna be a hellavu OL too. Defense plays well enough to keep him the ball often. My only 2 concerns would be how would Manning and Bevell co-exist and having the pass rush to get after the opposing team qb after we get a lead???

11. So Jarriel King is both probable and questionable, Eric?

12. confucious says:

I want to see Carroll and Schnieder finish this project from scratch. This has been an interesting transformation to watch take place thus far. The team is being built for long term dominance. If you bring in a Manning or another declining veteran you may get a couple good years but then your back to where you started. I want this regime to finish the puzzle with a Brady, Manning, Brees style pick of their own.

13. 1st round pick salaries aren’t what they used to be.

14. HawkyHann says:

Jackson was 2-0 in two starts against the Bears in 2007. But he didn’t exactly play lights-out, completing 27 of 52 passes (52 percent) for 485 yards, one touchdown and three interceptions for a 66.58 passer rating.

Very interested to see if Tarvaris is any better than he was 4 years ago. Lets not have another Redskin repeat performance.