Morning links: No divine intervention needed for Bears

Post by Eric Williams on Dec. 14, 2011 at 8:14 am with 10 Comments »
December 14, 2011 8:14 am
Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler. (AP file photo)

With Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow seeking divine intervention during his team’s 13-10 over time victory over Chicago, John McGrath of The News Tribune – a Chicago native – wonders if the man upstairs has an issue with his Bears.

McGrath: I’ve got no qualms about God’s newfangled interest in the Broncos. They make their home, after all, in “God’s Country,” representing a city whose mile-high elevation puts it closer to heaven than any other NFL market.

But it’s fair to wonder: What’s God’s beef with the Chicago Bears?

On an afternoon he looked less like a “Mile-High Messiah” than a poor man’s version of Charlie Whitehurst, Tebow doesn’t add to his legend if Marion Barber stays inbounds during the Bears’ last possession in the fourth quarter, or if the Chicago defense remembers that football is a contact sport, or if Barber holds onto the ball on a first-down scamper that should’ve put the Bears in position to kick the game-winning field goal in overtime.

In my story today, Seahawks receiver Golden Tate says after two seasons of learning his way he’s more confident and comfortable in the offense.

Clare Farnsworth of Seahawks.com previews the game here.

Rod Mar of Seahawks.com gives us some cool photos from Monday’s game.

Danny O’Neil of The Seattle Times takes a look at playoff scenarios for the Seahawks heading into the final three weeks of the season.

In his latest mock draft, Rob Rang of NFLDraftScout.com has Baylor receiver Kendall Wright going to Seattle at No. 13 overall.

Seahawks owner Paul Allen continues his interest in space exploration with a financial commitment to develop a carrier aircraft and airport-like operations for commercial and human-manned space missions.

Mike Mulligan of the Chicago Tribune writes that injuries have exposed the Bears’ flawed roster.

Tampa Bay signed former Seattle defensive end Nick Reed.

Morning links

Seattle taking an under 6′ receiver coming from a spread offense in the first round? No chance.

Rod Mar comes through with great pictures week after week.

2. HawkfaninMT says:

and the first comment on the Mock Draft comes from Duke!?! Odd…

My two cents are that if the Hawks would have to move up to 8 to get RG3 I don’t think that would cost that much. Couple of IFs, if the Hawks are as high on him as I am, and if the Eagles are looking at Floyd. They would still probably get him with the Hawks pick, and they would pick up a 2nd also… Win-Win

3. RG3 is going in the top 5, maybe in the top 3 – going to be tough to move that far up.

HawkfaninMT – The odder part is that my comment wasn’t derogatory and I made a sincere comment. I’ll not let that happen again. lol

5. FleaFlicker says:

Interesting Sando article:

QBs versus the big blitz. TJ not ranked very well.

6. The Seahawks need another WR like Robert Gallery needs another tattoo.

7. HawkfaninMT says:

@canfan: Normally I would agree, but I also wouldn’t rule anything out. If “my” top 3 qbs are gone, there is no 4-3 Leo style DEs, and Blackmon is on the board still, I am taking him and not looking back! He would replace BMW and the Hawks WR Corps would be just great!

8. JazBadAzz says:

@HawkfaninMT Damn Right on that one, dude is going to be the next bad ass receiver!

9. JazBadAzz says:

@HawkfaninMT

I would also man, that dude is gonna be unreal!

10. JazBadAzz says:

sorry for the double post, I think this forum could use a delete/edit post button…