Hawks sign DT Barrett Moen

Post by Eric Williams on Feb. 9, 2011 at 3:01 pm with 11 Comments »
February 9, 2011 3:01 pm
Moen

The Seattle Seahawks announced this afternoon that they have signed defensive tackle Barrett Moen to the team’s active roster.

The University of Minnesota product was with Seattle during last offseason from June 9 to June 24.

A four-year letter winner for the Gophers, Moen (6-foot-4, 282 pounds) started all 13 games his senior season in 2009, finishing with 22 tackles and a half a sack.

Player movement

I vaguely remember the name. He was signed to participate in the rookie mini-camp after the draft. They cut him for Jonathan Lewis before camp opened, I believe.

Eric, Was he on anyone’s PS last year?

2. Dukeshire: Nope, doesn’t look like anyone picked him after the Seahawks waived him in June as far as I can tell.

BTW, please tell me this video isn’t a digital creation. If this is all real (and I naively presume it is) it is one of the coolest videos I’ve ever seen.

4. Audible says:

Notice the camera angles and how he falls out of the frame on a lot of those shots. I think they have a Jugs machine off on the side.

I know… I want it to be legit, but I fear it’s not.

6. vichawkfan says:

PFT reports Shaun Rogers was waived by the Browns today. Wonder if a 32 yr old former pro bowler would be on Bo’s radar.

7. Shaun still has a few more years. Would be nice to see him come to SEA to groom players, if not start.

You’d think he’d get some interest around the league, especially from a team like Denver. He and Cole would make a hell of a rotation on paper, though.

Speaking of Denver, this little piece in the Denver Post is probably an indicator of similar things happening across the league.

9. Soggybuc says:

Seems like they saw some things they liked in this Barret kid. enough so that they sat him down and told him to work on strength and bulk and we will give another shot in ’11. If he took the advice and worked his tail off to get better then i’d grade him out as a 10 on the work ethic scale and sometimes that can trump pure talent.

I’d love to see Rodgers in the blue as a plugin solution to ease the pressure slightly on trying to hit that draft choice homerun, but not at 5.5 to 6 mil a year.

10. Saw the odds for the 2012 super bowl somewhere today

Carolina – worst 150-1
    Buffalo – 100-1
    Arizona -100-1
    Seattle – 80-1
    Denver 60-1

Doesn’t say much about what they think of our chances in Vegas!!

11. On down the list