The Pro Football Hall of Fame will pick its class of 2011 on Saturday with Cortez Kennedy being one of the 17 finalists. Typically three to seven players (and contributors) get elected each year. Against those odds, ‘Tez doesn’t have an easy road to enshrinement.
Take a look at the ballot below and cast your five picks for the Hall. Try not to fall prey to homerism and select Cortez just because you should. Carefully consider many of the other worthy candidates and see if you can justify your selection of the Seahawks DT.
Here are more details on the candidates if you need it.
Who would you select as the Hall of Fame class of 2011? (pick 5)
- Cortez Kennedy - DT (77%, 440 Votes)
- Marshall Faulk - RB (72%, 414 Votes)
- Deion Sanders - CB/KR/PR (69%, 398 Votes)
- Cris Carter - WR (45%, 257 Votes)
- Shannon Sharpe - TE (43%, 248 Votes)
- Richard Dent - DE (27%, 155 Votes)
- Ed Sabol - Founder of NFL Films (25%, 142 Votes)
- Jerome Bettis - RB (23%, 129 Votes)
- Tim Brown - WR/KR (22%, 128 Votes)
- Andre Reed - WR (15%, 87 Votes)
- Charles Haley - DE/LB (14%, 80 Votes)
- Willie Roaf - T (12%, 71 Votes)
- Curtis Martin - RB (8%, 44 Votes)
- Dermontti Dawson - C (6%, 35 Votes)
- Chris Doleman - DE/LB (5%, 28 Votes)
- Les Richter - LB (2%, 9 Votes)
- Chris Hanburger - LB (1%, 6 Votes)
Total Voters: 573