Roy Lewis placed on IR, CB Brown signed off practice squad

Post by Eric Williams on Dec. 20, 2010 at 12:42 pm with 15 Comments »
December 20, 2010 12:42 pm

It looks like cornerback Roy Lewis’ knee injury was worse than we thought. The Seahawks placed Lewis on injured reserve to day and signed cornerback Marcus Brown to the active roster.

Lewis is Seattle’s special teams captain and has played solid as a nickel back in passing situations, a position Seattle likely will fill with Jordan Babineaux. The move to activate Brown could be a sign that the team may still have some concerns with Marcus Trufant returning from back spasms that forced him out of the game against Atlanta.

Brown, a rookie out of Arkansas State, has good size at 6-1, 190 pounds, and is considered one of he fastest players on the team.

Player movement

Boy, the hits just keep on coming. Tru’s back issues ought to be a concern. Even if they are not directly related to his previous back injury, back injuries always seem to lead to others.

Here’s an idea; the league should add 2 more games to the schedule. We could have a raffle by week 17 and auction off roster spots. Fans will be the only “healthy” bodies left.

2. chuck_easton says:

I’ll get in the raffle but only if I can play OL.. I mean how bad can a 5′ 9″ 180 Lb 47 year old lineman be on this team?

3. I’m not crazy about the idea of playing behind this offensive line, so what’s my salary if I win the raffle?

4. bulldog80 says:

I don’t think the Trufant injury is that big of a deal anyway. When was the last time you can remember him making a play that mattered? The practice squad guy sub in this secondary just fine.

Wasn’t there a press conference today?

5. bird_spit says:

Can’t wait till 2011. Lock out anyone? We may as well talk about 2011. This team does not pass the smell test. Which ever team hangs that NFC West banner will forever have an asterisk next to it. What a joke. I’d much rather have the hawks get blown out by now, so the evaluation process would begin for CW.

Sorry I think my vitamin D deficiency is doing the talking..

6. b_s,

Milk…it does a body good.

7. The press conference was canceled due to lack of interest.

8. Rockyseahawk says:

There was a big drop off when Tru came out of the game.

9. Assuming Lewis cannot return in a couple of weeks, the move is pretty clear….

10. Question: If we grab ‘another” QB next year, do we have them room with Golden Tate to solidify the “CONNECTION”
    . . (We get 2 players for one!) ??? ;-)

chuck_easton – Actually that’s perfect. Quick and nimble for the ZBS.

Audible – So you’d like to be in the backfield somewhere, eh? Depends on the injury situation, but we’ll work something out. How’s your 40 time?

12. Behind our yahoos on the OL, I wouldn’t even want to sign on as the Punter. I want Charlie’s job, so long as I don’t actually have to step on the field.

I got dibs on Losman’s. lol

14. Like DEN did when TR had to have Keary Colbert, teams will auction off their players they don’t want for future draft picks.