Hawks injury report: McCoy, Pitts limited

Post by Eric Williams on Sep. 8, 2010 at 4:49 pm with 34 Comments »
September 8, 2010 4:49 pm
Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen and general manager John Schneider (Joe Barrentine/TNT)

Here’s the injury report for today.

Also, Seattle Seahawks owner Paul Allen was at practice today getting a first-hand look at the team after all the moves general manager John Schneider and head coach Pete Carroll made over the last, few days, which you can see above thanks to TNT photographer Joe Barrentine.

Out: OT Russell Okung
Limited: DE Raheem Brock (back), TE Anthony McCoy (ankle) and OT Chester Pitts (knee).

We haven’t got San Francisco’s injury report yet, but when we do I’ll post it.

General Seahawks
  1. CYRREEN says:

This just in………….

Locklear has been released.

Where is this being reported? I can’t find any links.

3. variable575 says:

Good to see PA make a showing. Hope he’s doing well and continues to do so.

Eric, I glad to hear Mr. Allen was at practice today. What is the latest with his most recent battle with cancer? Thanks.

5. CYRREEN says:

Reported on ESPN 710 radio.

6. variable575 says:

Eric-

How did TP (tyler) look in the LT spot?

Cyrrreen- I hope you’re fooling with us.

7. CYRREEN says:

Cyrrreen- I hope you’re fooling with us.

Locklear was a disaster. I, for one, am happy they kicked his Arse out. He was suppose to get paid over $5 mil. this year.

8. VERY glad to see Paul Allen at practice.

9. Locklear is the poster boy for signing a big contract and then cashing it in (literally). It must be a lack of pride. There’s no way his play should have declined the way it has the last few years; especially when the guy is still in his twenties.

10. Dukeshire: Mr. Allen looks healthy and looks like he has gained some weight since the last time I’ve seen him.

Cyreen: I have not received confirmation of the Locklear report, but it would not surprise me with everything that has transpired over the last, five days.

Lock really did look awful this summer. I give him a pass for not playing LT well, but his decline at RT is puzzling. As a friend said about Shaun Alexander, “It’s hard to run with your pockets full of money”. Apparently is also difficult to block with them full as well.

That’s great to hear Eric. Thanks.

13. Just talked to someone from ESPN 710 Seattle and the guys were speculating that Locklear would be gone. Hasn’t happened at this point.

14. Variable: Polumbus looked OK today but they are going to have to give him some help on Sunday. I don’t really like the matchup between Polumbus and Justin Smith.

15. Polumbus and Andrews as the possible starting Tackles?

Things may work out over the course of the season once Okung gets back, and Andrews gets used to our team – but man, this feels BAD for sunday. Our defense and special teams need to make the plays . . .

16. CYRREEN says:

I Heard it on Kevin C. show. He said Locklear was released.

John Clayton reports he will be cut if he does not agree to a paycut.

17. CYRREEN says:

Sorry that was a old news.

18. Cyrreen: I understand that it’s been reported that the team has been shopping him around, but from what I know it has not happened yet.

19. SeahawkFan12 says:

Really glad to see Mr. Allen at practice. Hope he continues to get healthy.

20. variable575 says:

Eric-

Thanks for the Q & A session on this one. Well, If they could make Wrotto look competent at LT, they should be able to make TP look even better–I hope! And that would be just fine.

21. Skavage says:

Has anyone picked up Wrotto? Seems to me we could use him for at least a few weeks. Especially if Locklear is gone.

22. Just out of curiosity, how tall is Paul Allen?

23. pabuwal says:

And can they start him at RT if need be?

24. BobbyAyala says:

Paul Allen I understand, but why was George Lucas at Seahawks practice?

25. PEARLJAM23 says:

BobbyK-

Did I see you need tickets to the game? I have two for sale at face value if you still need some.

26. Yes. I need a couple (4 actually, but we can split up too if it’s going to save $). Email Eric at the Trib and he’ll give you my email. Thanks.

27. variable575 says:

BobbyA-

Absolutely hilarious. I didn’t follow till I scrolled back up to see the pic. How it got passed me the first time I don’t know. A young G. Lucas indeed.

28. PItts still limited. Locklear out. I guess Stacy Andrews has a lot of incentive to play hard or he won’t be here long either. So we have two healthy tackles? Polumbus at LT and Andrews at RT? Wow, this is getting thin.

29. goneshootin says:

Looks like I jumped the gun in my post in the previous blog entry.

Collabro reported the Locklear cut as a matter of fact late this afternoon. Said he’d just read a note/report from someone stating that Locklear had been released.

Who knows? Maybe it’ll end up the same as the Julius Jones reported axing last Saturday.

Regardless, for the reasons I listed in the previous entry, I’m fully expecting Locklear to be gone before Sunday.

Hey Eric… do salaries become guaranteed the week of the first game (i.e. practice last Monday/Labor Day) or when rosters are officially announced for the game, which I believe is Thursday afternoon?

Whatever the cutoff, I’m sure that’s when Locklear will be dumped, if it’s going to happen.

30. I’m not sure if it matters whether Locklear or Andrews is at RT on Sunday.

Tyler Polumbus will be manning LT. The 49ers will have Smith, Lawson, Willis, and Spikes pass rushing. Hasselbeck is going to need a flak jacket padded like the Michelin Man.

31. Ewalters7354 says:

I really think we should give Polumbus a chance.When we had Manny Wrotto and found out he was gonna start,you guys bashed and complained.Now we have a guy who is a natural tackle(weather left or right) and you guys say we should have kept Wrotto.For one,I wasn’t impressed with him at all in the preseason.How many penalties did he have?Did one off those cause for a touchdown to be called back?Just curious…I heard Tyler Polumbus is a solid player at LT and should be given a fair chance to show what he has.I say you let him and Smith battle in the trenches one on one instead of having the play calling conservative,and if he is getting abused,then you give him help.Remember last year guys,we gave Lock,Frye,and the guy from KC help and still got abused.I am sure Tyler can’t be any worse than that.

32. variable575 says:

Before Frye sustained an injury he looked pretty competent last year.

33. Ewalters7354 says:

I agree.Frye was a pleasent surprise.He played right after signing with the team against San Fran,remember?He was signed off the Dolphins practice squad probably a week before the game.Thats exactly why I believe we need to give TP a chance.He has experience,having played 8 games last season and also having experience in Jeremy Bates’ system.I believe he wikk provide a solid option until Russ comes back.