1. Again, great video. I love to get the camp reports since I cannot attend (I live in Orlando).

I have to say that I am suprised that Spiller has yet to sign with the Bills. He certainly doesn’t have the leverage that Okung has with the Seahawks since Buffalo has Lynch.

I hate the fact that Okung will probably be the last first rounder to sign. I think the Seahawks front office just needs to accept the situation, be willing to take the risk, and sign the guy. We can only hope he will live up to his contract.

2. I forgot to ask, how has Thomas been looking? I’ve been hearing great things from Wilson and Thurmand, which is outstanding and a suprise. But I’m curious how Thomas has been looking in coverage.

3. dirtbiker_joey says:

Sam_D, you’re right on with the Okung situation. He’s got the ‘Hawks by the balls and he knows it. I don’t think the Suh signing, or anything else has any relevance on Okung. He thinks he deserves what he wants, and he knows that he is the only option at the uber-important Left Tackle position. Okung holds all the cards. There is no plan b for the Seahawks. I’m not an NFL contract negotiator or anything, but I would think that as long as what he’s asking for isn’t off the planet, they should just give it to him and get this thing done.It’s not like Paul Allen doesn’t have the money.

4. eyeland says:

Rotoworld reports that Quinn Pitcock a DT once with the Colts is in town working out for the Hawks. Like to know how that goes. He was a 3rd rounder but retired in 07. We could use another pass rusher.

Well, at some point Okung will have to sign, unless he prepared to sit out an entire season. That is very unlikely. So I don’t agree he has the Seahawks hamstrung completely. Seattle will go with the players they have, for good or ill. And if that means Willis at LT, then so be it.

From what I can gather (internet rumors, for all their worth…), the hang up is the length. Okung’s agent wants him to sign a 5 year deal, ‘Hawks want him for 6. The real contention is the amount of money for the 6th season. They want a significant bump for that last year, have him paid like a top tier FA can command.

I’m hoping (as we all are I’m sure) that things can be worked out during today’s rest day and he’ll report for tomorrow’s practice.

6. Dukeshire – Who do we have that can play the LT position? Locklear struggled, and I don’t remember Willis ever playing on that side (I could be wrong). Okung and his agent knows this, and that is why they have so much leverage on this deal. I don’t think he will sit out the entire season solely because Seattle will become too desperate at some point.

7. The Seahawks could wait for the first couple of preseason games to see how Willis does at the LT position before getting desperate. If he does okay, then the front office might be willing to play hardball with Okung’s agent. If Willis doesn’t do very well, I would expect the Seahawks to make the deal very quickly in Okung’s favor.

Okung and his agent want to get paid, it’s not all on Seattle to bend over for them. A deal will get worked out as soon as both sides capitulate.

I don’t think there needs to be “hardball” or any sort of anonymity. It’s a contract negotiation for tens of millions of dollars. This is straight up business on both sides.

Willis and Wrotto have been working with the 1s and 2s respectively, through camp so far.

9. CreamRanger says:

I knew Thurmond was a good pick up. He was a second round talent that dropped because of his knee injury. I was overjoyed when we drafted him in the 4th to get such a steal. Hopefully he can be the answer to the CB2 problems we’ve been having. That would free up Josh Wilson to play nickel where he is arguably one of the best nickel backs in the league. If only Wilson were taller…

10. JRocket says:

Thanks for all the great info from camp Eric. The long wait is almost over.

11. JoshManRock says:

Yeah, the video is on point!

12. replica purses says:

I believe other site proprietors should take this internet internet site as an example , extremely clean and wonderful user genial style .