Morning links: DT Colin Cole on hot yoga

Post by Eric Williams on July 29, 2010 at 11:16 am with 11 Comments »
July 29, 2010 11:16 am

Thanks to the folks who showed up for the Seahawks Insider gathering last night, along with those who participated in the online chat. I think it went well, and we’ll try to do it again next year.

I know we didn’t get to a lot of questions from folks on the chat, so I’ll host a chat tomorrow morning at 9 a.m. for those who have specific questions entering training camp.

Seattle Seahawks defensive tackle Colin Cole talks with KJR’s Jason Puckett about the start of training camp in this audio link, going into some pretty specific detail on how he got involved in hot yoga and the benefits he’s received. It’s pretty funny and worth a listen.

Former Seahawks head coach Jim Mora tells Chris Egan and Jim Moore of ESPN 710 Seattle that if head coach Pete Carroll came asking for advice, he’d tell him to figure it out on his own.

David Henry of the Beaumont Enterprise talks to safety Jordan Babineaux about mentoring rookie safety Earl Thomas.

Single game tickets for the Seahawks go on sale on Monday.

Ben Malcolmson of Seahawks.com reports that Seattle’s coaching staff already has broken down film on all 13 regular-season opponents for the upcoming season.

Clark Judge of CBS Sports counts the Seahawks among six teams he does not expected to make the playoffs but are worth watching anyway because of the intrigue involved in head coach Pete Carroll’s return to the NFL.

Dan Pompei of the National Football Post says the push for players to wear more pads like, knee, thigh and hip pads is a major investment in time and money that will have little payoff in the end because the extra padding likely will not prevent major injuries.

Rapper Rick Ross is shown in this picture with Puff Daddy (or is he going by P. Diddy these days?) rocking a Seahawks’ cap.

Morning links

Mora, please just go away already. I especially like the part where he claims to have never heard about Carroll’s book, Win Forever. “What’s that? Oh he wrote a book, that’s neat.” “Always competing? What a novel concept in professional sports”. What a jackass. I said this about 3 of his interviews ago, but each time I hear him speak, the happier I am he’s no longer the coach.

Cole does hot yoga? I remember Tapp last year was really into that as well. He would sometimes do two 90 minute sessions in one day. For anyone who’s ever tried it, you know how hard that must be. It’s a great workout.

2. Seriously Mora!
    Yeah Duke… I loved the guy at the beginning of last year. Really happy he’s gone with the way he kissed Hasselbeck’s butt and the way he’s been talking lately.
    P.S. I love Hass, but seriously.

3. chrisj122 says:

Okay we get it Mora, you feel like you got screwed but lets not forget you are still getting paid very well from the very team you continue to talk trash about. Maybe it wasn’t fair but lets face facts, the more Mora talks the more he looks ridiculous.

I think most of us gave him a pass about making the comment on KJR when he was with the Falcons about quitting in the middle of play off run to coach the Huskies. However most of us realized by half way through last season that Mora talks before he thinks and lets his emotions take control of his little brain, which in turn leads to horrible impulsive decisions.

As Dukeshire said “just go away already”
    Cash your paycheck and shut the hell up!

4. Love the throwback hawks hat, 2 sic, need to get one again.

5. devisscher says:

I actually laughed when I read the Mora comment. He was annoying, now he’s pathetic.

But when asked how he’d respond if new Seahawks head coach Pete Carroll came to him for advice, Mora had this to say:

“Figure it out on your own, pal … that’s what I’d say. And I like Pete, I have a lot of respect for Pete … but I’m not going to give him any advice. He doesn’t need my advice. Shoot, he’s making $7 million a year, he’s taken teams and won national championships, he’s coached in the National Football League for the third time as a head coach. He doesn’t need my advice, that’s for sure. He’s got it figured out.”

It actually sounds like he’s figured out he’s a bum. That’s right Mora, you suck and you know it

If you haven’t listened to the interview, you should. It sounds worse than it reads. Just completely embittered.

7. chrisj122 says:

Is just me or does Mora sound like a chic who has been dumped and can’t accept it?
    The guy has always seemed like an emotional basket case, which I believe is the main reason he was dumped, and now he can’t move on until he gets closure.

8. Jim Mora is such a fool.

9. Mora really just comes off as a spurned ex-girlfriend.

Mora:I didn’t know he wrote a book. Oh he wrote a book, that’s neat.” I thought it was called compete?

Interviewer: well no it’s called win forever, but competition is his focus.

Mora: “Always competing? What a novel concept in professional sports.. That’s great..”

10. devisscher says:

If a guy shows up at VMAC with a gun, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was Mora

11. @devisscher, well, c’mon now, these are professional athletes. It’s likely a bunch of guys show up daily with guns.

Carrying and DUI are two things that professional athletes apparently will never get.