Walker clears waivers, signs with practice squad

Post by Ryan Divish on Sep. 15, 2009 at 4:32 pm with 19 Comments »
September 15, 2009 4:34 pm

From Eric, who’s out doing a meet and greet for the TNT and probably eating Krusty Pups at the Puyallup Fair ..

Defensive lineman Derek Walker, who was waived earlier this week to make room for D.D. Lewis has cleared waivers and has been signed to the Seahawks’ practice squad, according to a league source.

No word on who’s spot Walker will take on the practice squad.

Player movement
  1. griffincsb says:

Danny O’Neil’s twitter/blog says the Seahawks released C Blake Schlueter from the practice squad for Walker.

2. Glad to have in on the PS.

3. seatowntp says:

Good news! That kid has potential. Actually, this draft class (and FA rookie class) has some amazing potential!

Bennett, Michael
    Butler, Deon
    Curry, Aaron
    Moore, Devin
    Morrah, Cameron (jury is still DEFINITELY OUT! But he got a lot of props on draft day from prognosticators.)
    Reed, Nick
    Teel, Mike
    Unger, Max
    Walker, Derek

Oh yeah! And a potential Top 10 player in next years draft! Quite an infusion of youth! I know TR gets a lot of grief, but he should get his due on this years haul!

4. raymaines says:

Did I see correctly that #98 was doing about the same thing in Sundays game with the Rams that he’s been doing all pre-season? Slightly out of position, a sucker for a screen or play action pass, but giving the offensive left tackle fits. We can coach that kid up, but I’m telling you, Nick Reed is going to the HOF.

5. raymaines says:

So okay, maybe, just maybe, I’m just a little teeny, tiny bit exuberant, but Nick Reed has me all excited. May God bless him with good health and continued enthusiasm, but I think he’s going to be a star.

6. highimpactstaffing says:

I think Little Nicky has the potential to be a pretty good football player, raymaines, but HOF? After a handful of sacks in the preseason? Really? I hope you’re right. Fortunately, in 20 years when he becomes eligible, nobody will remember your post. I guess you can’t lose.

My turn to make outrageous predictions: Aaron Curry, Mike Teel, Max Unger, Devin Moore, and Deon Butler are all going to win the League MVP, Superbowl MVP, and set unbreakable records for their respective positions, in 5 consecutive Superbowl winning seasons. They will forever be known as the FANTASTIC FIVE!

7. highimpactstaffing says:

Just giving you a hard time raymaines. I hope Little Nicky turns out to be a star, too. (I also hope we’re both right!). LOL

8. raymaines says:

Sooner or later, Eric is going to post a link to Softie’s KJR interview with Nate B, Seneca W, and Deion Branch on the Tuesday radio show. Boy, do I ever have a lot to say about that.

In short: Cut him I say. Cut him now. Right NOW!!!!!!! Deion Branch, that is. Burleson and Wallace can stay on my team as long as they want, but Branch is a goner as of today.

9. highimpactstaffing says:

Was there something about the KJR interview that makes you want to cut Branch? What did he say? I’m disappointed by the outcome of the Branch deal too, but his injury situation is what it is. He’s a good contributor when he’s on the field. What is the benefit of cutting him if he can play this season?

10. Branch will contribute. Leave him alone.

It’s all up to our coaches to make this a winning season.
    Coach our Oline & Dlines into successful units.
    WE have an good accurate passer. Speed in Wallace, Butler & Nate.
    Ball control with Carlson and TJ. Edge & JJ gaining yards..
    They have the potential, We just need more time & practice..

11. Oh yeah, Our D showed some tenacity sunday. Nasty sometimes..
    Roughing up those poor Rams.. Fun to watch & we haven’t seen that in awhile.. Hopefully they can keep it going against the 9ers.

12. nightwulf says:

Ya, it looks as if Curry is the nasty this D has been needing:)

13. nightwulf says:

Now if we could only get some nasty on the O line…I wonder what Conrad Dobler’s up to these days…

14. RichmondHawk says:

A read that Seattle worked out Eric Green a 5’11″ 196lb CB who started 9 games for the Tardinals last year. Could help the depth. The inside info on Zona will also be a good thing.

nightwulf – Willis and Wrotto have reputations for being two of the meanest guys on the team.

Has anyone here seen the 49er / Card game from Sunday? Neither team could run. At all. And S.F. while playing a 3-4 really only rushed 4 most of the game. This will be an interesting game for the ‘Hawks o-line. The guards are going to have to get to the linebackers if they are going to have much success running. That is something that didn’t happen with regularity against the Rams.

16. azhawkman says:

Dukeshire, I watched the Niner/Cards game last Sunday since I am in AZ. Honestly, both teams looked awful. Both OL units weren’t giving QBs time to throw and couldn’t open a hole to save their lives. I saw very few well executed plays from either team on Offense. I don’t typically think of the Cards and good pressure but they had 4 sacks, 5 QB Hits and 11 TFL. I think our pass rush and front 4 can likely put up better numbers than that against that Niner OL. The Niner pass coverage is pretty good so it will be an interesting to see hass use his weapons!

17. princeaden says:

I am anxious to see if The Hawks can run against a Singletary defense. If they can I believe the Offense will truly be successful against all comers. Because as Mora said, we have too many really good recievers to cover them all. Especially if the play action is freezing the linebacker’s and safeties and we know Matt knows where to go with the football.
    Also, has there been any Walter Jones sightings at practice this week?

18. freedom_X says:

Just heard Mora expects Walter to practice some today. Spencer and Lofa, not till tomorrow, though Lofa is expected to play this Sunday.

Jamar Adams released from the practice squad, Leroy Hill out until after the bye (injury worse than originally thought.)