Seahawks’ penalties are up this year

Post by News Tribune Staff on Oct. 25, 2008 at 9:18 am with 6 Comments »
October 25, 2008 9:18 am

The Texans are on a pace to commit the fewest penalties since the NFL went to a 16-game schedule in 1978. They’ve committed 16 penalties, 2.7 a game. They’re on a pace for 43. Last season, the Seahawks committed 59, an average of 3.7 a game, fewest since 1978.

By comparison, the Seahawks this season are averaging 4.83 penalties a game, which means they are on pace to commit 77 penalties this season, 18 more than they did last year.

Stats, etc.
  1. yankinta says:

Give me 2-14 record this year and Give me the following picks in the 2009 Draft:

1st round – Vontae Davis CB 6-1 200 lbs. Illinois
    2nd round – Juaquin Iglesias WR 6-0 204 lbs. Oklahoma
    3rd round – B.J. Raji or any DT or DE to stop the run
    4th round – Graham Harrell QB 6-3 205 lbs Texas Tech

2. NEWJERSEYMIKE says:

How bout we give you a smack in the head instead. Don’t give up on the season just yet. 9-7 and a divsion title is still possible.

Its amazing to me this site has gotten so quiet. I thought we had the best fans in the league. Since the bad start this year everybody has left this blog and packed it in for the winter. You guys are weak. I still believe.

3. yankinta says:

NEWJERSEYMIKE, how about I give you a kick in your …. for being stupid.

We ain’t going nowhere even if we make it to the playoff. Will lose the first game. Then what you start over and get the same result next year. We need to sacrifice this year to get some talent or we’ll be stuck in the middle forever.

If we get some talents, we will have a better chance of going to the super bowl in 2009 or 2010. The window is closing for the current pro bowlers that we have on the team.

4. OutSydeDog says:

I must have been kicked in the head, ‘cuz I still believe in a playoff run this year. I have been a Hawk fan since the beginning, and have suffered more years of losing than winning. So, I cannot bring myself to wish that they lose to improve draft position. We have had top picks before and it hasn’t brought us Division Titles or playoff successes, only winning does that. GO HAWKS!!!

5. NEWJERSEYMIKE says:

Thank You OutSydeDog. At least I know Im not alone.

Pay attention yankinta this is for you.
    A real fan never gives up, abandons or wishes loses upon his or her team.
    Your also quite a dumba$$ for suggesting and thinking the Hawks could draft 4 guys nobody has ever heard of next year to turn it around.

6. nighthawk2 says:

I think both you guys were kicked in the head. A playoff run? There has been absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, zero, nicht, scratch, bumkis, snakeyes, to show this team could make any kind of playoff run let alone deserve to be in the playoffs. Right now I’m thinking the league should change the rules and the top 6 records should get into the playoffs, screw division “champions”.

I would remind everyone that being called for a penalty and committing a penalty are two entirely different things. Super Bowl XL is enough evidence of that.