Notes from Thursday’s practice

Post by Darrin Beene / The News Tribune on Nov. 8, 2007 at 4:41 pm with 11 Comments »
November 8, 2007 4:41 pm

I apologize if you’ve been looking for some notes today. I had my head down on a story I was writing and only recently realized that, hey, it’s 4:30. Yikes. Where does the time go. Anyway, here are a few notes from practice:

* Deion Branch is still not practicing with the team. He was running through a series of agility drills and catching passes thrown by a trainer. We’ll have to see if he’s able to go on Friday.

* Floyd Womack continued to get some time at right tackle for Sean Locklear. Locklear got the majority of the work, but Pork Chop had some snaps, too.

* Play of the day goes to WR Courtney Taylor, who dueled CB Kelly Jennings along the sideline to make a one-handed catch.

1. I am sure you meant WR Courtney Taylor, yes?

2. Darrin Beene says:

Yep. Sorry.

3. Of all the offensive linemen, isn’t Locklear performing about the best? At least between him and Walt. It seems strange that Lamb Chop is working in his place instead of Graybeard or Sims.

Can Locklear play guard?

4. On a side note, I heard Darrell Jackson will be raising the twelve-man flag on Monday. Kind strange…

5. bobbyk03 says:

m_b,
    Yes. Locklear is playing VERY well. Can he play guard? My dead neighbors dog could play guard better than the stiffs we have there.

6. hawkfaninoklahoma says:

lock can play gaurd and can also play left tackle, makes you wonder about walt?

7. SharkHawk says:

Is it just me or does Frank seem a lot less interested in this blog than Sando was? It could just be my imagination.

8. navy_at_3 says:

“* Shaun Alexander, who usually talks to the media on Thursdays, did not speak today. The rule of thumb is an injured player doesn’t do media, and Alexander was not at practice.”

so this was two straight missed practices where he didnt even show up. That’s odd.

Mike said he would have to wait and see if SA practices friday. I ask why wait. Even injured guys like branch and DJax (49ers) show up to practice even if they can’t practice.

Good to see Branch working out. Yesterday i read he had his leg propped up icing his ankle. If he plays its not likely he would play much. Can’t wait till he gets back to 100%. Maybe he can run the ball :P jk

9. montanahawk says:

This is just a peeve of mine but I feel the need to bring it up. Pointing out the little errors such as typo’s or the misspelling of a name… Especially to the guys who provide us with the information; they’re professionals & they’re human. Besides, the mistakes are not often & most often are trivial ones. Anyone with a brain in their head can figure out what or who they are talking about but for those who are apparently OCD, it must be hard to let it go. If it’s a huge error with the potential of misleading readers then the correction is an understandable one. However, most are not.
    I think Frank & Company are doing an awesome job bringing us all the info they can. There has been a great variety from different contributors & it’s been good thus far. I’m sure it took Sando some time to get into full swing of things but did so as he grew more comfortable in his position.
    Reality check: It’s very rare for someone to step into a position & nail it perfectly. Just goes to show, you can’t please everyone all of the time & someone will always have to bitch about something or they’re just not happy.

10. nighthawk2 says:

It’s just you Shark.

11. SharkHawk says:

I’m not talking about typos or anything like that. I’m talking about the number of posts. Frank can go days without posting, whereas Sando would post if he was going to be driving home and that he’d check in later.

It just seems much much different in level of interest. Frank does his job, and does a fine job of it. He just doesn’t seem to be here as often as Sando was.