Audio: Brock breaks it down, vol. 6

Post by News Tribune Staff on Nov. 8, 2006 at 9:57 pm with 17 Comments »
November 8, 2006 9:57 pm

BROCK.jpgFormer Seahawks QB Brock Huard is back with his sixth audio analysis for Seahawks Insider. He thinks the team’s upcoming game against the Rams will provide Seneca Wallace with a truer test of his abilities over the course of a full game. Brock noted that Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren threw out the game plan Monday night once it became clear the Raiders wouldn’t win unless Seattle committed turnovers. Brock has also spoken to his brother, Chiefs QB Damon Huard, about what to expect against the Rams on Sunday. For that and more, check out the full audio. And be sure to check in with Brock after the game Sunday through the Fone Zone postgame show on Northwest Cable News. Note: Special thanks to Brock for checking in by phone tonight. We generally record his analyses in person at Seahawks headquarters, but our schedules did not line up today.

Brock Huard Analysis
  1. PhilKenSebben says:

Brock is great, I really love the expertise and experience of a QB that he adds to an already great blog.

2. Ditto… Good guy, too… I got his autograph when he was still at UW in an IHOP. Thanks Brock!

3. vichawkfan says:

yep – he’s like our own Aikman game breakdown expert. Tons of knowledge. Thanks Mike.

4. jzulaski says:

Brock does seem to really understand the game.

BTW, I ran across him last Sunday in the Redmond Safeway and was surprised at how tall he is.

I thought about asking him some questions but, I figured he gets bothered by people all the time. I waited patiently for his analysis here on the blog.

He didn’t disappoint.

Keep it up, Brock.

Regards,

Joe Zulaski

5. drmossguy says:

I apologize for writing this here, but as far as I know there is not a “general discussion” forum to put off-topic comments in. I just want to pose a thought and open something up for discussion out of curiosity:

Looking at the NFC it appears that the media is playing a familiar game. Its almost like toying with professional football teams. What I am referring to is the sudden media trend of panning the Bears and lifting the Giants (talking NFC only, here) to probable super bowl attendees. There are an awful lot of writers discussing the falling of the Bears from great, intimidating, and dominating to “a good team.” Wow. After one loss–and I thought we were hard on the Hawks!

So my question is this: Who do you believe the Seahawks stand a better chance against WHEN we make the playoffs? Who would you all rather see and why? I would love to read some good rationalizations for which team is the REAL threat, because going by the media voice at large does not provide very good insight.

Thanks. Love the blog.

6. SnakeDoctor says:

Love Brock’s analysis every week. Sure be great to hear his analysis during the games on the radio. Not living in the Seattle area I listen to them on the net.
    Thanks for all the Seahawk info Mike.

7. drmossguy says:

I personally enjoyed that car laying on the horn right at the beginning of the conversation…

8. Glad someone noticed my amateur audio mixing skills. I threw that in there in the production phase.

9. drmossguy says:

Tell me, have you cloned yourself? Either that or you and your wife both work on the Seahawks coverage together… whatever the secret is, please let me know so I, too, can have a full-on Seahawks mixing studio, home office, marathon training AND a happy wife!!!

10. baldbandit says:

I think it probably helps that he gets paid to work on his Hawks obsession.

Our wives just have to suffer through our hours of weekly research devotion plus games without remuneration.

11. here’s my take on this next game:

it will say a lot about the rest of our season. i am not too worried about our offense as seneca seems to be filling in well for matt and the running game will improve with the return of shaun. but i want to see our defense play like they did last year and on MNF. if they cannot deliver a big time performance against the rams i don’t care whether we eke out a post season spot or not as we will not get anywhere. we really need those guys to play smart, passionate, and with intensity. they are the key to the rest of our season.

12. HawkFromDay1 says:

Mike: The Rams are 24th in the league in sacks allowed (24) and Marc Bulger has thrown a grand total of 1 (one!) pick, and they’re averaging almost 8 yds/att.

They seem to be getting it done despite giving up a decent pass rush. Is this a statistical anomoly that will be violently corrected on Sunday? My vote is yes.

13. PhilKenSebben says:

Lofa was the recipient of that one pick..

14. blueshq says:

drmossguy,
    I don’t think there’s an NFC team that we can’t beat but there are several that we could lose to. It all depends on:
    1. where and when we play them
    2. how healthy each team is that week
    3. whether or not we play with intensity

Don Millard

15. tribfan1 says:

This team is a long way from getting the winning form of last season. There’s no offense rhythm yet – mainly due to injuries, and the defense has underachieved after overachieving last season. Luckily, there’s still a lot of time left.

16. Steven Jackson scares me… Bulger does not. Babineaux’s injury status scares me a little too. Wallace playing in a critical game does not, I have complete faith in ANYONE from the Sacramento area (including Mr. Sando)!!!

17. elgranderojo says:

In my opinion the key to Bulger is to hit him. I’m pretty sure we have all heard he is probably the most accurate QB in the NFL when he has time and gets to step into his throws. We need to treat him just like Andrew Walter and keep it coming. We will give up some big chunks, but he will make mistakes (if he throws early and not stepping into his throws), plus it will keep Steven Jackson in to block and not let him catch 12 or 13 balls for 100 plus yards. Jackson burned the Chiefs and keep the Rams in a game that should have been over at halftime.