Huard active, named to start

Post by News Tribune Staff on Oct. 29, 2006 at 8:46 am with 9 Comments »
October 29, 2006 8:46 am

Chiefs QB Damon Huard is active for the game today. The Chiefs said he will start this game. Seattle DT Marcus Tubbs is inactive, meaning Craig Terrill plays this week. Tubbs has had a knee problem. He practiced Friday. Huard’s groin injury threatened to keep him out.

SEATTLE INACTIVES: QB Matt Hasselbeck, RB Shaun Alexander, LB D.D. Lewis, LG Floyd Womack, WR Bobby Engram and Tubbs. Gibran Hamdan is the third quarterback.

KC INACTIVES: QB Trent Green, CB Benny Sapp, RB Derrick Ross, LB Rich Scanlon, T Chris Terry, G Tre Stallings and C Rudy Niswanger. The newly signed Casey Printers is the third quarterback for the Chiefs. The team placed T Will Svitek on injured reserve.

Game coverage
  1. So do the Seahawks increase the number of blitzes to try and force Huard to move on a bad leg? That would be my strategy, but then I’m sitting at home typing on a blog.

2. bmcintyre07 says:

Is there supposed to be another name on the Seahawks list?

3. NEWJERSEYMIKE says:

Its Sean Locklear, he is not mentioned cause of the suspension

4. Regardless of KC QB I’m still picking Chiefs to win, its just to tough to win in KC on the road. I hope I’m wrong. I’m stealing a wireless connection in the parking lot at Arrowhead…LOL, I’m going into the stadium now. Beautiful day here, sunny and 60′s maybe 70′s at kickoff. Enjoy the game….Go hawks!

5. ElPerroGrandeDos says:

Pretty pathetic that we’re getting all hot and bothered and worried about Damon Huard starting at QB. Wow, our defense is a disgrace!

6. jasonfred says:

Are you gonna bark all day, little doggie, or are you gonna bite?

7. jasonfred says:

Chris Terry is with the Chiefs now? I thought nobody wanted him.

If we can get the Chiefs into obvious passing situations, we’ll be golden. A groin is important for mobility, and we can sack the crap out of Huard. But we’ll never get there unless we can stop Larry Johnson first. Wish we had Shaun back for this game; Mo has shown his limitations. Our OL and WRs have to make an impact to help out Wallace.

GO HAWKS!

8. Tubbs could of really helped.

9. mibuttiznum says:

I don’t think it’s about the limitations of mo mo
    I really think that it’s a disregard for the running game at times.
    Those three straight passes to open the second half killed our game last week. What happened to the running game? It wasn’t even tried until it was too late, our starting quarterback gone, run for your lives!!!!