* In another display of unworldly scoring, Kentlake defeated Kent-Meridian, 27-1, in an SPSL North fastpitch game in Kent.
On Monday afternoon, the Falcons beat defending divisional champion Jefferson, 27-20, in Auburn.
They have scored 54 runs in their past 12 innings (and scored at least one run in each frame). In the two games, they have pounded out 11 extra-base hits. Regan Rudisill hit a home run in the win Wednesday.
* Ace pitcher Meagan Hendrix tossed a no-hitter, striking out 16, and Emerald Ridge scored all of its runs in the fourth inning as the Jaguars blanked intra-district rival Puyallup, 3-0, in SPSL South fastpitch action.
In the past week, Hendrix has gone 4-0, striking out 64 batters in 26 innings for the defending divisional champions.
* Rylee Whispel and Tess Dixon each hit home runs, and defending Class 4A West Central District champion Rogers defeated Curtis, 20-2, in an SPSL South fastpitch game in University Place. The two standouts combined for nine RBI.
* Two days after upending No. 1 Puyallup, Rogers continued its winning ways in SPSL South baseball by blanking Curtis, 6-0, in University Place. Travis Blough tossed a complete-game three-hitter for the Rams.
* Bonney Lake made it a two-day sweep of Peninsula in SPSL 3A baseball, taking advantage of the Seahawks’ pitching wildness (starter Jimmy Price walked four batters in two-plus innings) to earn a 10-4 victory in Purdy. The Panthers scored all of their runs in the first inning off two-out doubles for an early 3-0 lead. Michael Gretler had two hits and three RBI for Bonney Lake.
* River Ridge had the reigning Class 2A state runner-up Lynden Lions beat in a non-league baseball game – until the Lions rallied for five runs in the seventh inning to shock the Hawks, 14-12, in Lacey. Josh Kraght smashed two home runs for Lynden.
* Sanford Stabbert scored the game-winning goal, and SPSL 2A-leading Franklin Pierce rallied for a 2-1 boys’ soccer victory over White River in Buckley.