* Braxton Tucker joined Spanaway Lake’s 1,000-point career scoring club with his 27 points Friday, and the Sentinels edged Bethel, 59-58. Ricky Smith won it with his buzzer-beating shot. The Braves now play Emerald Ridge for the SPSL South’s No. 4 seed.
* With Tahoma’s overtime loss at Jefferson, Auburn gained a share of the SPSL North boys’ basketball crown with a 67-34 victory over Auburn Riverside. Because the Bears swept the series, Auburn will go into the league playoffs as the North’s No. 2 seed.
* The last time the two teams met, South Kitsap lost by 35. Not Friday as the Wolves made 11 of 16 free throws in the fourth quarter to hold off Olympia, 53-52, in a Narrows 4A girls’ basketball game in Port Orchard.
* Katie Holland scored 19 points, and Enumclaw had to rally in the fourth quarter to beat Bonney Lake, 44-40, and win the SPSL 3A girls’ basketball title outright.
* Sixth-ranked White River completed its unbeaten run through the SPSL 2A girls’ basketball league, getting 22 points from forward Kennedy Hobert in a 54-36 victory at Sumner.
* Stadium and Gig Harbor posted fastest qualifying marks in three events Friday at the Class 4A West Central District boys’ swimming championships at Curtis High School.
Evan Indahl takes the top times into today’s finals in the 200-yard Individual Medley (1 minute, 56.77 seconds) and 500 free (4:48.45) for the Tides. Stadium will be the No. 1 seed in the 50 free, 100 breaststroke and 200 medley relay.