* Gig Harbor won six events, including both the 200-yard and 400 freestyle relays, and the Tides wrapped up the Narrows 4A boys’ swimming title Friday afternoon with 339 team points – just ahead of Olympia (290) and reigning 4A champion Stadium (289). North Thurston won the Narrows 3A crown.
* Dom Robinson poured in a game-high 16 points, and fifth-ranked Curtis opened up a big halftime lead to cruise to the SPSL South boys’ basketball title by hammering Emerald Ridge, 62-38, in University Place. It is the Vikings’ third league crown in the past four seasons.
* Three games of 30 or more points – it appears Dezmyn Trent and No. 6 Foss is rounding into form for its Narrows 3A boys’ basketball showdown Wednesday against No. 1 Lincoln. On Friday, Trent had 31 points, and the Falcons beat North Thurston, 84-60, in Lacey.
* Donaven Dorsey scored 23 points, and his free throws in the fourth quarter enabled Timberline to survive a Wilson comeback as the Blazers won, 69-62, in Lacey to seize control of the final boys’ basketball playoff spot in the Narrows 3A.
* Aarun Rumbaugh got Auburn Mountainview off to a fast start with his game-high 15 points, and the Lions held off Lakes, 49-46, to sweep the SPSL 3A boys’ basketball season series in Auburn. With two games to go, the Lions and Enumclaw are deadlocked atop the standings.
* A 13-0 run with four minutes to go wiped out an eight-point deficit, and No. 6 White River survived Steilacoom’s bid for an upset by eking out a 52-50 SPSL 2A boys’ basketball road victory. Dustin France led the Hornets with 21 points, but the team lost point guard Alex Sayler (ankle) for an indefinite period.
* It was a score-fest between No. 4 Clover Park and Sumner – with David Crisp scoring 42 points for the Warrios, and Keenan Jackson tallying 28 in the Warriors’ 85-70 SPSL 2A boys’ basketball victory.
* Brittany McPhee made sure No. 1 Mount Rainier would lock up the SPSL North girls’ basketball title a week early. The junior scored a game-high 28 points, and Aqueelah Williams added 19 as the Rams defeated Auburn Riverside, 73-58.
* The Narrows 3A girls’ basketball crown is there for the taking for the No. 3 Wilson High Rams, who demolished their nearest competitor – Timberline – 62-26 in Tacoma. Post player Tia Briggs led the Rams with 24 points.