* Dezmyn Trent scored a career-high 42 points, and his two free throws with eight seconds to go capped a wild Foss comeback from 20 points down in the final 7:06, and the No. 6 Falcons tripped up Timberline, 78-75, in a Narrows 3A boys’ basketball thriller in Tacoma.
Blazers’ star Donaven Dorsey had 12 of his team-high 23 points in the third quarter, but it was the Falcons’ pressure that forced a lot of fourth-quarter turnovers to recover from a 69-49 deficit. After Trent’s free throws gave Foss a 76-75 lead, Dorsey had a chance to take it back, but missed a corner 17-foot jump shot with five seconds remaining.
* Tre’Shaun Fletcher had 26 points, and Ahmaad Rorie added 18, and No. 1 Lincoln had no trouble completing the season sweep over North Thurston with a 71-35 Narrows 3A boys’ basketball victory in Tacoma. Rorie also added 10 rebounds and seven assists.
* Eric Anderson-Connolly led three Stadium scorers in double figures with 15 points, and the Tigers moved into a second-place tie with South Kitsap in the Narrows 4A boys’ basketball standings with a 67-47 victory over Central Kitsap in Tacoma. The Tigers outscored the visitors, 23-11, to open the second half.
* Tia Briggs led Wilson with 20 points, and the third-ranked Rams rebounded from their Holiday Hoopfest loss to Cleveland by hammering host Mount Tahoma, 75-20, in Narrows 3A girls’ basketball action. Bethany Montgomery chipped in with 10 for Wilson.
* Ionna Price powered Bellarmine Prep with 21 points, and the Lions maintained their slim lead in the Narrows 4A girls’ basketball race by handling South Kitsap, 48-37, in Tacoma.