* Dom Robinson scored 18 points, and fifth-ranked Curtis clinched at least a tie for the SPSL South boys’ basketball title with a 72-32 victory over Rogers in Puyallup.
* Bryce Peterson hit two free throws with 58 seconds to go to give Enumclaw the lead for good, and Lakes missed three opportunities to win the game after that in the Hornets’ 66-65 win in Lakewood. Enumclaw, Lakes and Auburn Mountainview are now tied atop the SPSL 3A boys’ basketball standings.
* Joe Martin tallied 14 points, and his three-point play in the final two minutes broke open a close game, leading visiting Spanaway Lake to a 53-44 SPSL South boys’ basketball victory over Emerald Ridge. The Jaguars fell out of third place in the division.
* A day after losing to national powerhouse Oregon City in overtime at the King Showcase, No. 1 Mount Rainier rebounded with a 69-43 SPSL North girls basketball triumph over Jefferson. Emily Fiso led the Rams with 20 points, while Brittany McPhee added 16.
* Forward Nneka Nnadi posted a triple-double – 16 points, 11 rebounds, 10 steals – for Spanaway Lake, but it was Emerald Ridge which got the SPSL South girls’ basketball victory – 48-40 – on the road.
* A third-quarter scoring outburst was all Enumclaw needed to secure a 50-43 victory over Lakes, and move into first place alone in the SPSL 3A girls’ basketball standings. Danielle Saltarelli led all scorers with 16 points for the Hornets.
* Kennedy Hobert had a career-high 39 points, and joined the school’s 1,000-point career scoring club in sixth-ranked White River’s 76-39 victory over Franklin Pierce in SPSL 2A girls’ basketball action. Hobert fell just short of White River’s single-game mark of 41 points, scored by Trisha Hermanson.