* A 12-2 run over the final 61/2 minutes of the first half helped Stadium build a big lead, and the Tigers beat Yelm, 55-36, in Narrows 4A boys basketball action in Tacoma.
Jordan Powers tallied nine of his team-high 14 points in the first half, and Lucious Brown added 10 of his 12 points off the bench during the Tigers’ run. Dale Sullivan led all scorers with 17 for the Tornados.
* Bellarmine Prep almost lost all of its five-point lead in the final minute, missing five free throws. But Central Kitsap could not complete the comeback, missing a last-second shot, and the Lions eked out a 35-34 Narrows 4A boys basketball win in Tacoma.
Lucas Meikle led all scorers with 17 points for the Lions.
* Brian Neal sank a game-winning 3-pointer with two seconds remaining, and Mount Tahoma escaped with a 64-63 double-overtime victory over Timberline in Narrows 3A boys basketball action in Tacoma.
The Blazers did not get a good look at a shot at the buzzer.
* Foss’ fullcourt pressure rattled Gig Harbor for 16 first-half turnovers, and the eighth-ranked Falcons cruised to a 66-26 win in Narrows 3A boys basketball action in Tacoma.
* Shelton rallied in the fourth quarter for a 43-40 Narrows 3A boys basketball victory at home to snap a nine-game losing streak. Tyler Speaks and Westly Harrison scored 13 points apiece for the Highclimbers.
* The third-ranked Wilson girls bolted to an 18-2 first-quarter lead, and cruised to a 57-37 Narrows 3A victory over host Lincoln. Kaysha Fox led the Rams with 11 points, and Bethany Montgomery chipped in with 10.