Did we mention a LIVE CHAT this morning?
Let’s talk the continuation of the start of high school not only around the South Sound, but around the state. Now, while we might not have the scoop on those Davenport High Gorillas near Spokane, but we will try and offer up something worthwhile.
Also, Lakes High coach Dave Miller will be our guest as we come to you from the school’s library. The LIVE CHAT will be right HERE!
First, here are a few links from last night:
* Peninsula Gateway sports editor Neil Pierson was just as curious as anybody about the debut of Gig Harbor coach Aaron Chantler. The Tides lost to O’Dea, 37-10.
* We rounded up a few other Thursday night games.
* Another account of what happened between Bellevue and Trinity of Texas at Memorial Stadium. Great game.
* Here is 90 minutes of 2012 South Sound football preview stuff with KLAY radio man Scott Overbo (if you can endure my scratchy voice).
And about our Friday night coverage, Week 1:
* Tonight is more about atmosphere, and ultimately discovery and getting the ball rolling more than anything. Nothing about the postseason is decided tonight. With that in mind, we are headed out to Beamer-Puyallup at Sparks Stadium as our LEDE game – two teams that should find out a lot about themselves when it is all said and done.
Also, we are staffing Lakes-Woodinville, Auburn-Kentwood and Auburn Mountainview-Sumner for the Saturday edition. Down at little-brother The Olympian, we will cover Olympia-Lake Oswego and Timberline-River Ridge.
* Meg Wochnick (Olympian sportswriter) and myself will be in the office tonight, just making sure all the Ts are crossed, and the Is are dotted for our week-one coverage. The pace of a Friday night, from the times the game end until deadline, is pretty frantic – and it is tough to jump into it fully revved up from a summer of slow non-deadline nights.
* Folks – please give updates on Twitter from the games you are at. The hashtag we use is #wafbscores (which is the best way to get statewide scores) or you can message @tntpreps or @ManyHatsMilles. That way, we can present it all in an orderly fashion on the Prep Blog as games are in progress.