A team from Seattle Preparatory School won this year’s Mock Trial event sponsored by the Washington YMCA’s Youth & Government program. The competition was held during weekend competition at Thurston County Courthouse.
The trials pit students in the roles of prosecutors and defense attorneys, and this year’s case dealt with the credibility of a witness in a case of a plot by terrorists to bomb a ferry on Puget Sound. The YMCA’s press release is here.
The top 10 teams, according to the release, were:
• 1st place: Seattle Prep Varsity
• 2nd place: King’s High School
• 3rd place: Archbishop Murphy High School
• 4th place: International Community School
• 5th place: Franklin High School
• 6th place: University Prep Varsity
• 7th place: Seattle Prep, Junior Varsity
• 8th place: Mercer Island High School
• 9th place: The River Academy
• 10th place: Seattle Academy
Other details on the Youth & Government program are here.