Lawmakers continue to negotiate, but today’s main event is Gov. Jay Inslee signing several bills, including measures:
- Giving students more incentive to take computer science classes.
- Opening an exemption to public disclosure laws for certain school and child-care records with personal information about children.
- Helping drivers fight toll-violation penalties.
- Calling for more safety mechanisms at schools.
- Expanding where alcohol can be served in several ways, including allowing tastings at farmers’ markets and expanding theaters’ ability to serve alcohol.