Among the lawmakers meeting with voters at town halls this Saturday:
- All three from the Tacoma-centered 27th District. Sen. Jeannie Darneille and Reps. Laurie Jinkins and Jake Fey, all Democrats, are meeting from 10 a.m. to noon in the cafeteria of Jason Lee Middle School, 602 S. Sprague, Tacoma.
- All three from the Puyallup-area 25th District. Republican Sen. Bruce Dammeier said he and Reps. Hans Zeiger, a Republican, and Dawn Morrell, a Democrat, will hold their town hall from 10:30 a.m. to noon at the Puyallup Public Library’s South Room, 324 South Meridian. Dammeier is also holding a “telephone town hall” Thursday from 7 to 8 p.m.; call (877) 229-8493 and enter 14998 to participate.
- Sen. Nathan Schlicher and Rep. Larry Seaquist, both Gig Harbor Democrats in the 26th District. They start from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. in Bremerton in the first-floor chambers of the Norm Dicks Government Center, 345 6th St.; then go to the Givens Community Center, 1026 Sidney Ave. in Port Orchard, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.; then spend 2 p.m.- 3 p.m. at the Key Peninsula Lutheran Church, 4213 Lackey Rd., and finally end up from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Gig Harbor’s Peninsula High School auditorium, 14105 Purdy Dr. NW. The third legislator from the 26th, Republican Rep. Jan Angel, is instead doing a telephone town hall on Thursday from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Participate by calling (877) 229-8493 and entering 15472 when prompted.
- Rep. Linda Kochmar, a Republican from Federal Way in the 30th District. She plans two town halls Saturday, one from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in the Federal Way Council Chambers at City Hall, 33325 8th Avenue South, and one from 1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m. at Algona Council Chambers in City Hall, 402 Warde St. A third town hall will be March 23 from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the Milton Community Center, 1000 Laurel St in Milton.
- Rep. Roger Freeman, a Democrat from Federal Way who is billing his event as a “community social gathering.” It’s from 1 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Poverty Bay Cafe, 1108 S. 322nd Place in Federal Way. Freeman will also join Kochmar at the Milton event.
- Rep. Tami Green, a Democrat from Lakewood. She holds one town hall from 10 a.m.-11 a.m. in the Bethel High School auditorium, 22215 38th Ave E, Spanaway, and another from 2 p.m.-3 p.m. at Pierce College Fort Steilacoom, 9401 Farwest Dr. SW, Lakewood, in Cascade Room 332.