Political Buzz

Talking WA politics.

NOTICE: Political Buzz has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Political Buzz.
Visit the new section.

Introducing Alexis Krell, our UW legislative intern

Post by Kim Bradford on Jan. 6, 2012 at 5:08 pm |
January 6, 2012 5:08 pm

You may have noticed a new byline on the news out of Olympia this week. It belongs to Alexis “Lexie” Krell, who comes to us from the University of Washington’s journalism program.

Lexie is a native of Wasilla, Alaska – yes, that Wasilla – and is in her senior year of college. She was editor-in-chief of The Daily student newspaper at UW last year. She interned as a business and financial reporter for the Thomson Reuters bureau in Santiago, Chile, last summer, followed by a stint on the business desk at The Seattle Times.

The legislative session doesn’t begin until Monday, but we have already thrown Lexie into the thick of things. She’s covered Gov. Chris Gregoire’s announcement that she is backing same-sex marriage, Attorney General Rob McKenna’s proposal to create stronger legal protections for stalking victims like Tacoma’s Jennifer Paulson and the filing of five new Tim Eyman initiatives today.

Lexie is working out of our Capitol bureau alongside our statehouse reporters Jordan Schrader and Brad Shannon. You can reach her at alexis.krell@thenewstribune.com or 360-943-7123.

Categories:
Journalism, Legislature
*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.