The Pierce County Council unanimously re-elected Roger Bush chairman this afternoon.
Bush, R-Graham, will serve a second one-year term as chairman, as expected. The council also re-elected Councilman Terry Lee, R-Gig Harbor, as vice chairman and Councilman Dick Muri, R-Steilacoom, as executive pro tem (the council member who performs some of the executive’s duties in the event of an absence or temporary disability).
Here’s the complete press release from the council:
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Jan. 12, 2010
Pierce County Councilmembers re-elected Roger Bush as their chairman and finalized their committees for 2010 at the council’s regular meeting this afternoon.
In addition to Bush (District 3), councilmembers again chose Terry Lee (District 7) as vice chair and Dick Muri (District 6) as executive pro tem. The chair presides at all regular council meetings, the vice chair presides in the absence of the chair, and the executive pro tem is a councilmember selected to perform some of the County Executive’s duties in the event of the executive’s absence or temporary disability.
Councilmembers also reorganized five standing and select committees: Rules and Operations, Public Safety and Human Services, Community Development, Economic and Infrastructure Development, and Emergency Preparedness. The committees and their members are:
· Rules and Operations Standing Committee (meets Mondays at 10 a.m.) – Bush (chair), Lee, Muri, Tim Farrell (District 4, alternate)
· Public Safety and Human Services Standing Committee (meets second Mondays at 1:30 p.m.) – Barbara Gelman (District 5, chair), Farrell, Lee, Joyce McDonald (District 2), Muri
· Community Development Standing Committee (meets first and third Mondays at 1:30 p.m.) – Lee (chair), Shawn Bunney (District 1), Bush, Farrell, Gelman
· Economic and Infrastructure Development Standing Committee (meets second and fourth Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m.) – Bunney (chair), McDonald, Bush, Lee, Muri
· Emergency Preparedness Select Committee (meets fourth Mondays at 1:30 p.m.) – Bush (chair), Muri, McDonald, Susan Long (council staff), Anna Graham (council staff)
For complete descriptions and schedules of the council’s committees, visit www.piercecountywa.gov/council <http://www.piercecountywa.gov/council> . The full council meets Tuesdays at 3 p.m.
All meetings are in the Council Chambers on the 10th floor of the County-City Building (930 Tacoma Ave. S., Rm. 1045) in Tacoma. They are broadcast live and replayed each week on Pierce County TV (channel 22) and streamed live and archived on the channel’s Web site, www.piercecountytv.org. <http://www.piercecountytv.org.%0d%0b%0d>
CONTACT: Brad Chatfield, Council Communications Manager, 253-798-6626