The Tacoma Public Library and the League of Women Voters of Tacoma-Pierce County will sponsor a public forum on several ballot measures Wednesday night.
News Tribune columnist Peter Callaghan will moderate a discussion of the following issues:
• Initiative 1033, which would cap the growth of state and local government general fund revenue, based on an annual rate of inflation and population growth.
• Referendum 71, which would expand domestic partnership benefits for gay couples in Washington.
• Pierce County Charter Amendment 1, which would move elections for county executive and council to odd-numbered years by 2015 and increase term limits for those offices from two consecutive four-year terms to three consecutive terms.
• Pierce County Charter Amendment 2, which would move election for auditor, assessor-treasurer and sheriff to odd-numbered years by 20105.
• Pierce County Charter Amendment 3, which would eliminate ranked choice voting and restore the primary and general election system for all county elected offices.
The forum will be held at 7 p.m. Wednesday in the Olympic Room of the Main Library, 1102 Tacoma Ave. S.