News Tribune Photo

The collected photos of Bruce Kellman (1945-2011)

Order reprints

12 Responses Subscribe to comments

1. Debbie Cafazzo

So much history. So little time. It’s what we all live for in this business. It’s been a pleasure working w/ you, Bruce.

Nov 15, 2011 @ 3:34 pm

2. Wayne J. Zimmerman

I was present at the start of Bruce’s career….his photographs show that he made a success of it….and better still, he was a good man.
    Wayne J. Zimmerman, TNT, 1950-1986.

Nov 15, 2011 @ 4:24 pm

3. beckyboodleheimer

Bruce helped me get my TNTLegs in 1981. He was always a great person to work with and wonderful photographer. It was an honor to work with him. Becky Rhodes Kleine

Nov 15, 2011 @ 5:29 pm

4. beckyboodleheimer

Thank you, Peter, for posting these beautiful examples of Bruce’s work.

Nov 15, 2011 @ 5:30 pm

5. Dan Cooper

I always enjoyed Bruce’s photos. After my grandfather retired as TNT editor in 1985 and as I got older, I avidly read the paper and then later the internet site. Some of my favorite photos through the years were consistently shot by Mr Kellman…many memories were captured through his lens. Rest in peace.

Nov 15, 2011 @ 5:57 pm

6. Roland Lund

Way back in the ’60s … in the old TNT building, Bruce and I joined on his first assignment — triplets born in Auburn. And for the rest of his professional career, his photos are a part of a beautiful legacy.

What a wonderful man … talented … cordial … genuinely a good person.

Bruce, your wonderful family I’m sure are proud of the imprint you left in so many lives.

Goodbye, my friend.

Nov 15, 2011 @ 7:10 pm

7. Chris Carson

I remember riding a promotional “Train to the Mountain” run with Bruce and Art Popham. Bruce was all over the antique steam engine and passenger cars like a kid with a toy train at Christmas. I loved that Bruce always brought that kind of enthusiasm to his work. He loved telling visual stories and he wasn’t jaded.

Nov 15, 2011 @ 8:10 pm

8. Charles Rice

Bruce always had a wonderful enthusiasm for life and work. I enjoyed all those years working with him. Certainly Bruce’s work speaks for his talents as a photographer. But most of all I’ll remember Bruce as a great guy. I was there when he started his career at the TNT and I was on hand for his retirement party. I will forever treasure his friendship.

Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:00 pm

9. Bob Payne

Great guy, one of the easiest persons to work with that I ever knew. Godspeed, Bruce.

Nov 15, 2011 @ 10:24 pm

10. Connie Lander

I remember Mr. Kellman as a kind man whose children were so proud of their dad’s work. He will be missed.

Nov 16, 2011 @ 7:44 am

11. Keith Eldridge

Bruce was not only talented photographer, he was also a nice guy. He always had a smile and it was a privilege to work alongside him. Keith Eldridge KOMO-TV News

Nov 17, 2011 @ 6:02 am

12. Rita Happy Ely

Working with you was a joy for more than three decades. You are a photographer of talent, exuberance and persistence. More than that, you are one of the planet’s genuinely nice humans. I will miss you and your excellent work.

Nov 17, 2011 @ 3:16 pm