What's on the minds of Tacoma News Tribune editorial writers
NOTICE: Inside Opinion has moved.
With the launch of our new website, we've moved Inside Opinion.
Visit the new section.
- A native San Franciscan and graduate of the University of Washington, Brian O'Neill has been a police officer since 1988 and a contributor to The News Tribune since 2003. Brian is a local expert on criminal street gangs as well as an advocate for victims of domestic violence following a police career that included assignments in a street crimes unit and with a regional gang investigations task force. His writing has appeared in magazines and other newspapers, and he recently completed his first book, "City of Destiny", a work of fiction lifted from his experience working in a plainclothes detail. Brian has been writing the online column, Blue Byline, since April, 2011.
Posts by Brian O'Neill:
- Chief doesn’t deserve to be railroaded, May 8, 2011
- Tacoma’s bad rap is Seattle’s dirty secret, April 7, 2011
- Print story vs. Online: GH police chief got short end of the stick, April 3, 2011
- Seattle P.D. in the media crosshairs again, March 25, 2011
- There are no fairweather Dawgs fans in March, March 19, 2011
- Congress vs. Islam is the wrong context for cooperation, March 12, 2011
- Mexico and guns: how do you stop the outgoing tide?, March 6, 2011
- Olympia protects livestock owners while gangs rule the streets, March 2, 2011