Inside Opinion

What's on the minds of Tacoma News Tribune editorial writers

NOTICE: Inside Opinion has moved.

With the launch of our new website, we've moved Inside Opinion.
Visit the new section.

Endorsement bragging

Post by David Seago on Nov. 5, 2006 at 6:30 am |
November 5, 2006 6:30 am

The polls show U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell cruising comfortably to a win Tuesday over Republican challenger Mike McGavick. That didn’t stop the Cantwell camp from crowing about her endorsement by "13 of the state’s leading newspapers."

Well, those leading Washington newspapers seem to include the Seattle Stranger and The Daily Evergreen, the campus newspaper at Evergreen State College. Not to mention the Spokane Inlander (don’t ask me) and The Oregonian, which is in another state.

I’d say Cantwell and McGavick split the take, at least in terms of the big guys. The Seattle Times, the Spokesman-Review in Spokane and the Yakima Herald went for McGavick.

(Hit the links to see their editorials.)

Among the larger papers, Cantwell claimed nods from The News Tribune, the Seattle P-I (duh), the Vancouver Columbian, the Everett Herald and the Tri-City Herald. Also the Olympian and the Longview Daily News.

Never did find out where the Wenatchee World stood; their website isn’t friendly.

Categories:
Taking notice
*
The News Tribune now uses Facebook commenting on selected blogs. See editor's column for more details. Commenters are expected to abide by terms of service for Facebook as well as commenting rules for thenewstribune.com. Report violators to webmaster@thenewstribune.com.