Here’s a start to round-up of Veterans Day events we plan to publish this week. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if we’re missing your event.
Also, check out this list of events from the Washington Department of Veterans Affairs.
* The 20th annual Veterans Day ceremony at the capitol war memorials features music and remarks from guest speakers, including Mike Gregoire. The ceremony starts at the Vietnam War Memorial on the state capitol campus at noon. For more information, go to www.dva.wa.gov.
* Puyallup’s Veterans Day celebration kicks off at 7 p.m. at the pavilion in Pioneer Park with a free concert from the Tapestry Singers and the Puyallup Valley Community Band. Students from Meeker Elementary School are scheduled to make a special presentation. The park is at 330 South Meridian, Puyallup.
* Safe Homes – Ladies Operation Moving Forward is honoring three veterans with a ceremony at 6:30 p.m. The event is also an opportunity for the group to discuss a grant it recently won to provide computers and education lab for veterans. The event is taking place at the People’s Neighborhood Resource Center, 1602 Martin Luther King, Jr. Way. For more information, call 253-376-3393.
* Veteran’s Day Service at Tacoma War Memorial Park begins at 11 a.m. near the Narrows Bridge on Sixth Avenue. Call 253-752-7722 for more information.
* Thurston County Veterans Council will host its annual ceremony at the State Capitol Rotunda with music beginning at 10:30 and a service starting at 11 a.m. Call 360-888-8211 for more information.
* The Tahoma National Cemetery will begin its service at 11 a.m. at 18600 SE 240th St., Kent. For more information, call 425-413-9614
* Gig Harbor’s VFW Post 1854 is hosting its service at 1 p.m. at the Artondale Cemetery, 5512 Hunt St NW. Call 253-884-2442 for more information.
* The Washington Soldiers Home is providing music from the Puyallup Community Band and remarks from two veterans who are cycling across the country. The service begins at 2 p.m. at 1301 Orting-Kapowsin Highway. Call 360-893-4511 for more information.