Here’s that message that went out Thursday afternoon that put the 81st Brigade Combat Team on alert.
G3 18 October 2007
S: 0800(L), 19 October 2007
MEMORANDUM FOR Commander, 81st HBCT WQYQFF
SUBJECT: ROARING BULL message for NGB Mobilization Alert Order number XXX-XX
1. Reference. NGB Mobilization Alert Order number XXX-XX "Operation NOBLE EAGLE/ENDURING FREEDOM/IRAQI FREEDOM" for Partial Mobilization dated 19 xxxxZ OCT 07.
2. This is a ROARING BULL message effective 18 1600(L) OCT 07. This message is applicable to all units associated with WQYQFF (WQYQAA HQ 81st BCT, WQYTAA 181st BSB, WPRJAA 1-161 IN BN, WPRVAA 1-303 ARS, WPRGAA 2-146 FA BN, WP7JAA 81st BSTB, WP7NAA 1-185 AR BN) on NGB Mobilization Alert Order number XXX-XX.
3. F-hour is 18 1600(L) OCT 07.
4. This is an alert message only. The 81st HBCT has been alerted for potential mobilization and deployment in support of the Global War on Terrorism. Upon final determination of the need for the 81st HBCT, HQDA may publish a mobilization order, which will contain the mobilization date and the designated mobilization station. Other mobilization information will be provided by the WAARNG G3 as higher headquarters releases the information. The duration of any mobilization and deployment will be directed in the DA mobilization order. If a DA mobilization order is published, 81st HBCT will be issued a separate ROARING BULL message. Soldiers will not terminate rental contracts, employment, schooling or any other event currently on-going in their personal life during this alert phase. This alert may or may not transpire into a mobilization. All subordinate units will ensure assigned personnel are advised to review their family care and personal deployment plans.
5. Commander, 81st HBCT will contact all Washington State assigned personnel and inform them of the potential for mobilization of all or a portion of assigned units. Commander, 81st HBCT will contact Commander, 1-185 AR BN to ensure proper notification of all CAARNG personnel is being affected.
6. Report in the hour sequence stated in this message until all members of the alerted units are contacted. The hour sequence is: as of F+2, F+4, F+6, F+14, F+16 to the G3-Mobilization Branch at email@example.com. Reporting format: Number of assigned personnel against number of confirmed notifications at that time. NGB has directed a suspense for 100 percent notification of all affected personal to ensure our Soldiers and their families are notified through proper command channels as opposed to local/national media. In order to meet this suspense, the 81st HBCT must report 100 percent notification no later than 19 0800(L) OCT 07.
7. This message is NOT TO BE RELEASED to the news media. Refer all media queries to PAO at 253-512-8989 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. POC this action is MAJ Jeff Sabatine at (253) 512-xxxx. (Phone number removed to protect the innocent. MG)
FOR THE ADJUTANT GENERAL:
DANIEL R. KERN
COL, FA, WAARNG