Re: “With sobered expectations, Obama for president” (editorial, 10-24).
Is this what The News Tribune endorses for America?
• An unemployment rate of nearly 8 percent today, when we were promised the rate would fall to 5 percent with the $800 billion-plus stimulus?
• A doubling of gas prices?
• $6 trillion added to the national debt?
• An increase of food stamp usage from 32 million to 46 million users?
• A nearly $4,000 decrease in median income for the middle class?
• A 2,700-page health care law with over 1,300 waivers given to Democratic allies and patrons?
• An increase of American deaths in Afghanistan from 630 to over 2,000 fatalities?
• An administration that doesn’t know if Egypt is an ally or an enemy?
• An administration that lied about the events surrounding the murder of the ambassador in Libya?
Doesn’t America deserve better than what we have experienced over the past four years?