Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

MEDIA: What Fox News does isn’t news

Letter by Peggy S. Riecan, University Place on Sep. 13, 2012 at 11:19 am with 101 Comments »
September 13, 2012 1:14 pm

Re: “Watch wide variety to get the truth” (letter, 9-13).

The letter writer states he is a Libertarian and prefers to watch new shows that feature Libertarian points of view. He also says that Fox News and Fox Business News are the only two channels that offer Libertarian views.

He goes on to say that all the other news channels on TV have a left-wing bias. I couldn’t disagree more. Only Fox News watchers consider ABC, NBC, CBS, and CNN to be biased toward the left.

Fox News is the center of the political right-wing, religious fundamentalist universe. If all you watch is Fox News, then that is the one and only viewpoint you get. If you simply accept its “news” and opinion as truth, then yes, you are ill-informed and misinformed.

To put Andrea Mitchell in the same category as Sean Hannity perfectly illustrates my point. She comes from the longtime, legitimate and well-respected profession of news reporting. Hannity is a TV opinion celebrity.

If Libertarians and other conservatives want to fill their minds with only Libertarian and conservative opinions, then Fox News is their channel. But don’t call it news.

1. averageJose says:

LOL Peg. You made my day. I thoroughly enjoy it when progs whine about fox. Your Andrea Mitchell remark was the cherry on top. (clearly you don’t watch fox)

You must have your head in the sand if you have missed all the lack of journalistic integrity employed by some of the “longtime, legitimate and well-respected” professional “journalists” of late.

2. charliebucket says:

Bravo Peggy, I was hoping someone would rebutt the ridiculous content in that letter about Fox.

There was a ‘spot on’ description of Fox offered in the comment section of that letter a few pages back on this blog. Everyone should go read it. Maybe the author of the post, roussir, will copy it here or give me permission to copy it here…..

Again, bravo Peggy.

3. I guess that’s why Fox outshines all of the socialist networks. There’s no comparison between those lap dogs for Obama and Fox. If you think Ed Shultz, Larry O’Donnell, Al Sharpton, and the socialist Brit imports are unbiased, you need your head examined.

4. lylelaws says:

Peggy,

I do I spend more time watching Fox than any other news source, but I do keep up with CNN and MSNBC.

There is little question that Fox leans to the right and CNN leans to the left, but MSNBC anchors like Rachel Maddow and Al Sharpton are so filled with hate of the Republican party that it almost oozes out of their pores.

5. sumyungboi says:

Fox News is a 24/7 channel, and couldn’t possibly air hard news coverage for that amount of time. Ergo, after the evening news broadcast, (Fox Report with Shepard Smith, who is gay and leans left, by the way) they air opinion shows. The letter writer cites Sean Hannity, who is a hard core conservative and republican. If Peggy believes for a moment that people tune in to Hannity to get the daily news, she’s off her rocker. Ironically, many liberals and leftists _do_ get their news from “The Daily Show” on the comedy channel.

Peggy is just one in a long line of people who fear Fox News and fear people hearing anything that isn’t spoon fed from the leftists on other networks. Funny that this letter should appear today, it was only yesterday that a hot mic caught reporters conspiring to hammer Mitt Romney on a particular topic “no matter who he calls on”

This letter is a childish attempt to equate opinion shows with hard news for the purpose of a leftist rant. Sorry Peggy, bad straw man, worse letter.

6. menopaws says:

I go with the Canadian Broadcast System, PBS, BBC America and CBS…….Most of cable news is just awful….Fox has some really dumb people, like Hannity who have their own shows…….Opinion doesn’t offend me, dumb does……Hannity is not the sharpest tool in the shed……..On MSNBC, Chris Matthews is just awful, along with Sharpton….but I do enjoy “Morning Joe”……both sides represented and they usually have some pretty smart guests from both sides……..Good show…….just need to be up really early to watch…..Just remember that news is news and opinion is opinion……..

7. normajean says:

I agree with you Menopaws that news is news & opinion is just that, opinion. I am partial to Rachel Maddow because she backs up what she says with facts & videos etc.

8. averageJose says:

From Journolist to Rathergate to the editing of the Zimmerman 911… etc., etc., etc. now that’s news.

LOL Norma. MSNBC’s Maddow is almost as much of a kook as Matthews.

9. aislander says:

Yeah, Rachel is right down the middle…

I actually agree with menopaws re her 2:19 PM post. Hannity isn’t the smartest commentator on the right, and it drives me crazy when he misses an obvious (to me) opening or talks over a guest who is on the verge of saying something interesting.

But Hannity has good ideological instincts and sometimes stumbles onto something interesting. I know his is an opinion show, and I don’t take his opinion (or that of anyone else) as gospel, but I appreciate that Shep and Bret don’t inject opinion into their news pieces and experience tells me that is not true of the other broadcast and cable news shows.

10. LeePHilI says:

“Fox Report with Shepard Smith, who is gay and leans left, by the way)”

I don’t know what to say….other than just laugh….

Speaking of laughing…..Lyle….

“It comes down do the fact that at least 90% of all of the news sources today lean so far to the liberal left that Fox is about the only place to go for any kind of balance.”

I just watched an excellent piece today, on cable, that demonstrated how FOX carries the “words of the day” for the GOP. Yeah…fair and balanced…..LOL

“MSNBC’s Maddow is almost as much of a kook”

Joey can’t handle an intelligent woman with a PHD.

11. Lyle, As if Hannity and O’Really dont spend all their time spewing hate, thats all they do. If Fox was a news channel they would be allowed to broadcast in Canada, but they dont allow faux news.

12. aislander says:

Definition of “hate”: Disagreeing with Theo.

13. sumyungboi says:

Theo, are you celebrating censorship, i.e., canada? And the fact that you use that tired old attempt at an insult “faux news” says everything about you that we need to know.

14. LeePHilI says:

I’m not surprised that TaxedEnough confuses a woman with a little boy.

I’m certain her PHD intellect REALLY confused you.

Yungboi found an edited video of Maddow made by cons. Now THERE’s something you don’t see everyday….conservatives manipulating what a progressive says by editing their statements.

::::wry smile:::::

I wonder what yungboi thinks of the viral video of Bill O’Reilly’s meltdown that wasn’t edited.

15. sumyungboi says:

Looks like I hit a sore spot with Lee. Sorry your hero with her coveted “PHD” [sic] turns out to be a lying db.

:::BFS:::

Oh, ask me again how much I care about O’Reilly videos. :)

16. No, not celebrating censorship… just propagating another lefty lie.

LOL, well… let’s just say that ain’t true:

In 2003, the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) rejected a Canadian Cable Telecommunications Association (CCTA) application to bring Fox News to Canada because Fox News U.S. and Global Television were planning to create Fox News Canada, a combination of U.S. and Canadian news. However in 2004, after a Fox U.S. executive said there were no plans to create the combined channel, the CRTC approved an application to bring Fox News to Canada.[81]
    Fox News Channel is currently offered by Access Communications, Bell TV, Cogeco, Eastlink, Manitoba Telecom Services, Rogers, SaskTel, Shaw Cable, Shaw Direct and Telus TV. A notable exception is Vidéotron, Canada’s third largest cable company, which has not added Fox News Channel to its lineup.

I think poor Theo is suffering the same confirmation bias as about 90% of his liberal confederates here (charliebucket, quick, go look that up, LOL!). But ohhhh do they love to project (see mole.hill).

17. sumyungboi says:

Clamat0, Theo doesn’t watch Faux News, therefore is very well informed and cannot be wrong.

18. took14theteam says:

I will just type this to get the _hill’s wheels a spinnin’

And, I see the bucket is back.

Welcome back.

19. bobcat1a says:

Aislander, look at the comment right above yours from “taxed” and then talk about hate.

20. If the U.S. had a news agency run by the state, Fox would be rich from government funding! Democrats could invent the cure for cancer and Fox would report the Republicans invented the cure a year prior!

21. averageJose says:

OOps… gotta love those open mics. Those “journalists” colluding are a mere drop in the bucket.

22. LeePHilI says:

Yeah…sorry Charlie….I didn’t say “Hi”!!

Good to see you. We need something to increase the average IQ of these blogs.

23. LeePHilI says:

“unidentified reporter”….

I love how the reporter is unidentified, but there is a conspiracy between the alledged CBS report and one “unidentified”…

Who is to say that “unidentified” isn’t a CBS employee on the same assignment?

Aside from that, when Romney has a crew of people trying to distract the conversation, or just plain limiting access to the press (gotta love that First Amendment, huh?) when did it become illegal for reporters to coordinate their questioning to keep old Mitt from EtchaSketching his way through the press conference?

Of course, they could all take the FOX approach and show film and misquote….no need for questions there, right?

24. Sonofwashington says:

FOX news is a fraud on its face; its ballyhooed branding as “Fair and Balanced” is preposterous on its face. There is nothing close to the amount of time given to liberal voices or talking heads compared to the nonstop conservative/Republican propaganda that blares out 24/7.

Remember the “Tea Party Revolution”; it would never have gotten off the ground without FOX news. And then there’s the survey that showed that regular FOX viewers actually had less knowledge about current affairs than people who did not watch any cable news.

By why would a network that claims to be fair and balanced be so craven in its biased broadcasting?

Quite simply because they know they could not win an honest debate on the issues if they showed both sides legitimately. That is why FOX viewers hate the broadcast networks – they are fearful that any opposing arguments to their ideology might steal away some of their less blinded comrades.

25. Sonofwashington says:

re: Rachel Maddow – she may not have the sex appeal of those famous blonde FOX bimbos, who all seem abnormally endowed with excellent cleavages and very long legs, but she towers over them in intellect and just plain substance. It’s really a Hillary Clinton vs. Sarah Palin thing.

26. charliebucket says:

Hi Lee. Nice to see you.

27. MyBandito says:

Fox was never balanced. Quite often, what they present as news has nothing to do with what’s going on in the world. They’re merely trying to fire up their audience, so they’ll tune in. Their main objective is to sell soap.

It’s all about the advertising dollars.

28. She’s such a stupid bint.

bint?

Bint. English slang for a whore or b_tch.

So you are from England now?

I find that surprising – the fact that you use misogynistic epithets doesn’t surprise me.

29. Selective whining. I see the ‘bimbo’ comment is OK to you.

30. “I see the ‘bimbo’ comment is OK to you.”

Translation: “Wahhhhhhhhh! All the other kids are doing it!”

LOL

31. sumyungboi says:

beerboy: “So you are from England now?

And yet what I don’t find surprising is that you have to pull out your dictionary when something pops up that isn’t in your third grade reader. You are a 9/11 truther, after all, which means your IQ is almost certainly somewhere between my stapler and my hi-lighter. Oh, but I’m sure you’re the smartest one down at the diner when you git to talkin’ ’bout those durn rich folk. :)

32. SwordofPerseus says:

Brilliantly accurate letter Ms. Riecan, I Don’t normally watch TV news because of the lack of credibility and the editorial slant. I can see that you have disturbed the knuckle daggers sense of fair and balanced. Great job. Write more often.

33. averageJose says:

LOL… “(rather than those that are necessary for our defence)”

Who spells defense with a “c”… bB?

34. sumyungboi says:

Sword: “I Don’t normally watch TV news ..”

Exemplified by your adherence to the 9/11 truther squad. I’m sure that Aqua Teen Hunger Force is the closest thing you get to hard news all day.

35. averageJose says:

The TEA party got off the ground despite the leftwing media… kooky thing is, OWS was a push from the left and supposedly was to counter the TEA party. The leftwing media AND the democrat party was wholly behind the movement… what ever became of OWS?

The lesson to be learned is people crave a choice. After the leftwing monopoly on “news” for decades, people still see their bias and seek alternatives.

Q= how many “legitimate” news networks have aired the chanting of “Obama, Obama, we are all Osama”? How about the discovery that the maker of the “movie” (that supposedly set off the riots) is NOT an Israeli born Jew but an Egyptian?
    There are example after example of msm either outright lying or lying by ommision.

36. yungboi – again – I ask you for about the sixth time – what was inaccurate in the Paul Craig Roberts’ quote I posted?

37. sumyungboi says:

averagejose: “The lesson to be learned is people crave a choice. After the leftwing monopoly on “news” for decades, people still see their bias and seek alternatives”

And to expand on that, when conservative talk radio took off big time in the early 90’s, it wasn’t because they’d put a bunch of people in a trance and forced them to listen, people listened because it was a validation of what they already thought, but through the years had been conditioned to keep it to themselves because the media and entertainment industries told us it wasn’t cool. All of a sudden there’s some guy on the radio saying what needs to be said and millions of listeners who were like you.

This is what leftists fear, the networking. They fear free speech, and they fear the expose of their own failed ideas which they can never be honest about.

38. sumyungboi says:

beerboy, don’t remember what you posted in some thread days ago, and don’t care. You’re a 9/11 truther, which means you try to play a banjo on your front porch while your fourth cousin and uncle bob wade in the kiddie pool / dog bath.

39. scooter6139 says:

Are the conservative posters here that blind?

MSNBC is slanted left but it never claims to be “Fair and Balanced”, just “Lean Forward”. (Yes, I watch the liberal Maddow. She is NOT filled with any kind of hate BTW. She is one of the smartest news commentators on any news channel though. A PhD in Politics and a Rhodes Scholar to boot.)

CNN tries to go both ways depending on what it thinks will get more viewers.

40. averageJose says:

Yes, would someone kindly pick up the needle….that record has been stuck for a very long time.
    I tried to find what you quoted and couldn’t.

41. What’s a “knuckle dagger”?

Is that what one becomes from not watching any sort of television programming? Or is it more likely what one becomes from reading a steady and abundant diet of loony left-wing rags, blogs, and visiting/ linking “truther” web sites, while listening to AM 1090.

This one’s for you, SwoPpy:

42. I concur with aislander about Hannity. For people to suggest that Fox is all opinion is ridiculous. Just proves that those who are making blanket accusations haven’t actually spent any real time attending to the wide variety of shows offered on Fox. That said, so what if their opinion hosts lean right? Are people here actually so fogged they don’t know that the general media leans left. When asked, most of them don’t even deny it.

There is no such thing as unbiased reporting. Journalism as it should be practiced is a thing of the past probably. So, given what we have now, it is wise to listen to folks from all points on the map if you want to get at what might be a glimpse of the truth.

43. averageJose says:

Yes, Fox is to the right of a majority of the other media (obviously they aren’t left of left). The reason it’s accurate to say they are fair and balanced is the ideological diversity of their panels and guests.
    It’s very illuminating how one network that doesn’t follow the leftwing template gets SO many people bent.
    Next time one of you progs feel like claiming ownership of “choice and diversity”… please, put a sock it.

44. Common sense and wisdom are not measured by certificates and diplomas. That said, those of you so quick to play the bimbo card regarding commentators on Fox should probably know that many of them are quite well-educated…lawyers, judges…like that.

45. sumyungboi says:

scooter: “Are you all claiming Fox does NOT have a right (if not far right) slant? (And yes, I try to watch the non slanted shows like Shep.)

You answered your own question. Shepard Smith anchors the nightly news broadcast. This is hard news. What follows are opinion shows, O’Reilly, (populist) Hannity, (right wing) and Greta. (leans libertarian) No one gets their “hard news” from those shows, but time and time again, leftists who hate free speech try to equate the Fox opinion lineup with Dan Rather. Oops, never mind, he’s a proven leftist liar. Umm, yeah, Andrea Mitchel. Oops, yeah, she had her meltdown rant about Paul Ryan. Well, you know what I mean, don’t get your hard news from opinion people like anchors on network news shows.

46. scooter6139 says:

Sozo – Thanks for owning up to the right wing slant. However, I have never called any network anchors or panelist bimbos. I believe that retort was in response at a slanderous Maddow comment made earlier.

average – I find misleading your blanket claim that all other media is left leaning. It’s like arguing that since the other media outlets do not have a right slant then they must be have a left slant. Rather dubious and comically obtuse reasoning. You abviously don’t watch MSNBC because you don’t know about all their middle to conservative leaning panelists and guests, like Fox’s.

47. lylelaws says:

scooter6139,

Bob Beckel, Mara Liasson, Juan Williams and Alan Colmes are all Fox regulars who express their liberal views on a daily basis.

Would you please give us the names of the MSNBC regulars who are conservatives?

48. averageJose says:

I said majority, not all.

49. yungboi – I posted it to two different threads AND I have posted my question to you several times over the past two days.

Children make up lame excuses and continue with their immature behavior.

Answer the question or shut up.

50. Here – your lame excuse is gone:

according to the official story, a handful of Arabs, mainly Saudi Arabians, operating independently of any government and competent intelligence service, men without James Bond and V for Vendetta capabilities, outwitted not only the CIA, FBI, and National Security Agency, but all 16 US intelligence agencies, along with all security agencies of America’s NATO allies and Israel’s Mossad. Not only did the entire intelligence forces of the Western world fail, but on the morning of the attack the entire apparatus of the National Security State simultaneously failed. Airport security failed four times in one hour. NORAD failed. Air Traffic Control failed. The US Air Force failed. The National Security Council failed. Dick Cheney failed. Absolutely nothing worked. The world’s only superpower was helpless at the humiliating mercy of a few undistinguished Arabs.
    [...]
    The humiliating failure of US National Security did not result in immediate demands from the President of the United States, from Congress, from the Joint Chiefs of Staff, and from the media for an investigation of how such improbable total failure could have occurred. No one was held accountable for the greatest failure of national security in world history. Instead, the White House dragged its feet for a year resisting any investigation until the persistent demands from 9/11 families for accountability forced President George W. Bush to appoint a political commission, devoid of any experts, to hold a pretend investigation.

51. sumyungboi says:

Well, my ignorant 9/11 truther little buddy, that’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever read. Airport security failed? Pre-9/11, there was nothing illegal about bringing small knives or boxcutters onto an airplane. Dick Cheney failed? Haysoos, buddy, you need to replace you foil hat. What did Cheney fail to do? Gotta tell you homes, you got one too many Pabst Blue Ribbons up side of the nap by “uncle” Joe when you walked in un-announced, yer just not thinkin’ straight, boy! :)

52. According to yungboi, Nothing failed and yet 3,000 Americans died……..

And….though I used one of the many, many, many storage facilities in Parkland, I am not your “homes”. I’m done attempting to talk with you. You no longer exist.

I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it. George Bernard Shaw

53. LOL, I’m stealing your Shaw quote bB. Gonna’ throw it at ehill.

54. Again with that worthless quote. Some truther nutjob points out the defense system failed. The event tells us that. At worst an investigation was slow to get started.

Stop posting this garbage. If you must, stop editing it and show how crazy this guy is.

55. aislander says:

Do you want to talk about the Church Committee and the Gorelick wall?

56. aislander says:

I meant to write “…ideologically inflicted blindness.”

57. whitecap says:

I don’t have time to read all the comments Peggy, so if someone has already said this, forgive me. If you think the news outlets you listed aren’t biased toward the left, your analytical ability is is zero. Were you dropped on your head several times as a child?

58. That was a long piece you linked, bB. “Fraid you’re being a bit disingenuous concerning the author’s POV – definitely a truther.

For anyone else who might be remotely interested in following the link, my advice is to skip the whole War and Peace body. Just go to the very last line where Mr. Roberts states the following:
    “Only informed people can restrain Washington and avert the crazed hegemonic US government from destroying the world in war.

“Crazed hegemonic US government”? hUh-huh, that says it all for Mr. Roberts.

59. averageJose says:

Since we were still realizing the effects of 8 years Clinton and all his military cuts it would be a tough sell to say there was a failure… we got what we paid for by “reducing government” on the back of our national security.

60. averageJose says:

Church and Gorelick… thanks for the reminder of the lies of omission by the “legitimate” journalists and news networks.

Kooky

61. No one can argue with the Hammer who comments on Fox Monday thru Friday at 3;40.

62. averageJose says:

I guess you shut him up aislander. LMAO.

Wasn’t Gorelick on the 9-11 panel?

Gotta love how bB uses a person’s opinion to bolster his opinion on one hand and then routinely scolds others for the same. I probably have a quote to illustrate it.

63. aislander says:

I guess most “truthers” don’t wish to talk about the WHOLE truth…

The Church Committee effectively neutered the CIA (I guess, like most lefties, they thought America to be too successful and in need of some handicaps), and Jamie Gorelick, as Assistant AG broadly interpreted the Church-imposed strictures on communication between intelligence agencies to prevent evidence from being compared.

That failure to communicate was then blamed on the new Bush administration, which had not had time to review and replace all such policies.

The Gorelick Wall has supposedly been debunked, but all I can find are lefty websites asserting that it has, but not providing any evidence to support the assertions…

64. averageJose says:

I seem to remember a Sandy Bergler stealing secret documents from the national archives and destroying them.
    Funny how we NEVER hear about those things from the “legitimate” journalists.

65. What allowed 9/11 to happen was not a “failure” but ideologically-imposed blindness.

I actually agree with that statement, whether you use the word “imposed” or “inflicted”.

I’m not a “Truther” btw. I don’t believe any conspiracy theory about 9/11 – including the one created by the 9/11 Commission. I am a 9/11 Agnostic. I don’t trust the government to accurately self-evaluate and admit the failures (or “ideologically-inflicted blindness” if you prefer) that resulted in the worst attack on American soil. That doesn’t mean I believe ANY of the hypotheses that have been put out there.

66. lylelaws says:

scooter6139.

I a still waiting to read the names of the conservaties on MSNBC or even CNN.

Well?

67. scooter6139 says:

Sorry Lyle, I don’t live on these forums like some posters. Didn’t realize I put such a bee in your bonnet. I usually only read these when I am eating breakfast at work.

Off the top of my head: Meghan McCain, Joe Scarborough (own show), Ron Christie, Steve Schmitdt.

There, does that help you?

BTW – MSNBC admitted it’s liberal leanings around 2010. Wonder if Fox can admit its own unbalanced design by nature.

68. averageJose says:

It would be interesting to read their admittion… do you have it?

69. SamForeman says:

Peggy is like Pualine Kale who after Nixon was elected bemoaned that fact because “no one she knew voted for him”. I would suggest that Peggy suffers from that same perspective. You can’t be fully informed listening to only one side.

70. I still say that Fox outshines all of the lib networks in terms of viewers. No body has tried to refute that because they can’t. Sorry libs, the days of Cronkite, Jennings and Rather are gone forever.

71. There was no “Gorelick wall”. Our own Slade Gorton, a member of the 9/11 Commission said, “nothing Jamie Gorelick wrote had the slightest impact on the Department of Defense or its willingness or ability to share intelligence information with other intelligence agencies.”

Try again.

72. “Fox outshines all of the lib networks in terms of viewers. No body has tried to refute that because they can’t.”

Oh, yes I can:

NBC News: 7.7 million
    ABC News: 7.4 million
    CBS News: 5.7 million
    Fox News: 2.8 million

How embarrassing for you.

73. averageJose says:

LOL… we are making progress. Erik admits NBC, ABC, and CBS are lib networks.

You must have a sense of liberation E… good for you.

How about you compare cable networks to cable networks next?

74. “Erik admits NBC, ABC, and CBS are lib networks.”

They aren’t. But then, I wouldn’t expect an “average” person like you to understand.

75. Oh, and my name isn’t Erik.

76. averageJose says:

So clearly you not only have a reading comprehension problem but a writing comprehension problem.

You challenged the fact that “Fox outshines all of the lib networks” by coming back with ABC, NBC, and CBS.

How embarrassing for YOU. I’ll explain it for you… So if their NOT lib networks then Frosty was correct. ;)

77. “So if their (sp) NOT lib networks then Frosty was correct.”

OK, I’ll explain it, and I’ll use real small words so even you and frosty can understand.

The major news networks are not liberal*.

The major news networks are not conservative*.

The major news networks are neutral*.

*doesn’t include MSNBC or Fox

78. scooter6139 says:

Just for you average:

“Cable news network msnbc said Tuesday it is launching a two-year, multimillion-dollar marketing campaign, embracing its politically progressive identity with the new tagline “Lean Forward.””

“With the addition of left-leaning anchors including Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz, the network increasingly became identified with a rising tide of progressive political sentiment. The new branding campaign, while not overtly political, implicitly embraces the network’s progressive identity.”

79. averageJose says:

LOL… Frosty said “lib networks” and you countered with the “big 3″ as examples of “lib networks” that have higher viewerships than Fox.

And no, they are not neutral… based on the fraud, lies of omission and comission they have comitted over the last few years.

Anyway, Frosty was correct if they aren’t “lib networks”.

80. scooter6139 says:

Frosty, lets go over this one more time so maybe it will soak into that dense head of yours:

Just because a network does NOT have a RIGHT leaning political slant does not mean it automatically has a LEFT leaning political slant. NBC news is not MSNBC cable news. NBC is very center, same as CBS and ABC and no amount of caterwauling by conservatives can change it. Personally I love watching the drone of conservative sheeple bleeting their abject fear of the fictional entity known as the liberal MSM Wolfpack or Lamesteam Media. Never knew MSNBC could frighten conservatives so much!

81. averageJose says:

Oustanding Scooter. Now that they are Leaning Forward they should grab their ankles… Fox is really givin’ it to ‘em.

Oh, and since they identify as a lib network and Fox is eatin’ their lunch… Frosty is correct.

82. averageJose says:

The only ones MSNBC frightens is their stockholders.

What’s really fun to watch is all the caterwauling by the progs over one single network that doesn’t follow the leftist template.

83. SwordofPerseus says:

“A lot of these pieces of information, taken together, prove that the official story, the official conspiracy theory of 9/11 is a bunch of hogwash. It’s impossible. … There’s a second group of facts having to do with the cover up. … Taken together these things prove that high levels of our government don’t want us to know what happened and who’s responsible.… “~Lt. Col. Robert Bowman, PhD, U.S. Air Force (ret)

84. scooter6139 says:

Average, pray tell, what network had the most vier-ship during the entire Democrat Convention? Even beat out the public ones like NBC, ABC and CBS? Even beat that bastion of conservative bubble-speak Fox?

Also, pray tell, what cable news network is loosing viewers, especially in that coveted 25 – 54 age category? (Hint: NOT MSNBC)

85. SwordofPerseus says:

“With all the evidence readily available at the Pentagon crash site, any unbiased rational investigator could only conclude that a Boeing 757 did not fly into the Pentagon as alleged. Similarly, with all the evidence available at the Pennsylvania crash site, it was most doubtful that a passenger airliner caused the obvious hole in the ground and certainly not the Boeing 757 as alleged.”~Col. George Nelson, MBA, U.S. Air Force (ret)Former U.S. Air Force aircraft accident investigator and airplane parts authority. Graduate, U.S. Air Force War College. 34-year Air Force career.

86. SwordofPerseus says:

Excerpt; “When I heard the sound of the explosion, the floor beneath my feet vibrated, the walls started cracking and it everything started shaking,” said Rodriguez, who was huddled together with at least 14 other people in the office. … [Editor's note: At this point, Mr. Rodriguez was in sub-basement B1 of the North Tower, approximately 1,100 feet below the airplane's impact point at floors 93 to 98.]

“Seconds after the first massive explosion below in the basement still rattled the floor, I hear another explosion from way above,” said Rodriguez. “Although I was unaware at the time, this was the airplane hitting the tower, it occurred moments after the first explosion.”

But before Rodriguez had time to think, co-worker Felipe David stormed into the basement office with severe burns on his face and arms, screaming for help and yelling “explosion! explosion! explosion!”~William Rodriguez – WTC survivor

87. SwordofPerseus says:

Sumdumboy – you might want to make an appointment with a neurologist and see if he can remove the rocks from your head.

88. I love truthers. They make birthers look halfway credible.

So… tell us, SwoPpy, what ever inspired you to post the non-sequitur of the century here?

And I love to hear your demented theory on exactly what the evil perpetrators of this conspiracy did with the crews and passengers of American flight 77 and United flight 93? Are they being held prisoner at a secret base in the Southwestern desert, along with the crew of Capricorn 1 and the non-body-doubles from Apollo 11?

And how did they manage to get enough body parts and DNA evidence to identify all but 5 of the 189 (total) victims of the Pentagon crash, and all victims of flight 93 – including the hijackers of both? What about the dozens of witnesses at the Pentagon? (All on Bush/ Cheney’s payroll, I suppose.)

I would love to see an idiot truther tell this BS to a relative of the victims, or to the aircraft controllers who were involved.

And you have the nerve to suggest another poster should see a neurologist. Seriously, you need an appointment with a psychiatrist.

89. Clamat0 – there you go again….

Lumping all 9/11 Truth theories into one big ball, demonstrating that one – that is clearly far-fetched – is far-fetched, and then concluding that all Truther theories are far-fetched isn’t logic.

SoP has not presented the theory you discounted/ridiculed. He did not say that the planes (and the people on the planes) weren’t destroyed. He has put forward a statement that doubts whether the damage to the Pentagon was created by the plane. (btw – this line of Truther investigation isn’t really of interest to me.)

90. averageJose says:

I give up scooter… what network had a higher viewership for one event than the rest??? do tell.

91. aislander says:

So…there was an explosion in the basement before the plane hit the building (I can’t believe I’m even addressing this!)?

There MUST have been a great deal of smoke emanating from sidewalk level…

There’s nothing better than peace of mind, so read the following:

Do it: you’ll feel better!

92. Of course, the Popular Mechanics piece has, itself, been debunked by more than a few sources:

The March 2005 issue of Popular Mechanics magazine contains a 14-full-page cover article which attacks skepticism about the government and media explanation of the 9/11/01 attack. The primary method of the piece is to build and attack a straw man of myths it claims are “at the root of virtually every 9/11 alternative scenario” embraced by the “growing army of conspiracy theorists.”

93. He has put forward a statement that doubts whether the damage to the Pentagon was created by the plane.

Uhhmm, pretty sure that’s what I’m finding to be completely outrageous there bB.

And you seem to have missed the part of his non-sequitur where he implies through some obscure quote that the Shanksville hole was not caused by a 757 – which, of course, United Flight 93 was. And why would he post the completely out of context quote from this Rodriguez guy?

So… given that, what exactly was SwoPpy intending (non-sequitur aside)? Obviously he’s all-in with this loony truther conspiracy rubbish.

See, I know you dabble a bit in trutherism, bB, just like some folks I know find the whole birther thing interesting, but not entirely believable. You say you don’t go in for SwoPpy’s line of… uh-hum, investigation; so why defend it???????

I’ve seen you mock birthers here many times, so you can save the sanctimony for them. In the mean time I would ask which conspiracy theory has more holes?

The fact is that, generally speaking, birthers have a far more credible case between the two incredible theories. But while I find birther stuff amusing and harmless, I find truther stuff highly offensive.

94. SwordofPerseus says:

Clamzero-were you in NYC or Virginia or Shanksville PA on 9/11/01? If not please STFU.

95. SwordofPerseus says:

Clamzero-Have you ever been a fire protection system engineer/designer? Ever take college level engineering classes? Physics? Ever studied metallurgy? How about simple thermodynamics? I thought not.

Clamzero- Have you been to a building demolition, such as the Asarco smelter stack or the King dome, where explosives were used?

96. SwoPpy, seek help – seriously. Life’s too short.

97. averageJose says:

LMAO @ the Truther.

98. SwordofPerseus says:

If ignorance is bliss- many of you must be nearly orgasmic.

99. SwordofPerseus says:

Jet fuel does not burn in air with a flame hot enough to weaken structural steel, not in two hours, let alone 45 minutes.

Running a wide body jet at max speed into the WTC would be like poking a pencil through a screen. Same effect, the screen would not collapse, let alone be pulverized in mid air.

That’s all I can spare for now, as it is it’s like trying to explain the Rings of Saturn to a billy goat.

“To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.”~Benjamin Disraeli

100. SwordofPerseus says:

“There are, however, some potentates I would kill by any and all means at my disposal. They are Ignorance, Superstition, and Bigotry — the most sinister and tyrannical rulers on earth.”~Emma Goldman

101. scooter6139 says:

avergage – While I may not agree with the theories put forth by Sword and beerboy, your infantile name calling is not exactly supporting your argument very much. Try counter evidence instead of joyfully bleeting “Truther” every time they say or post something. After all, you must have some rebuttal evidence to point to, right? There are whole servers full of data that support you. Try google, it will help.

Truther? No so much.