Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

ECONOMY: Time for a second revolution

Letter by Martin Kimeldorf, Tumwater on Sep. 11, 2012 at 11:54 am with 41 Comments »
September 11, 2012 11:54 am

King George’s imperialist plundering of the colonies sparked the first American Revolution. Today the looters come from within as well as abroad.

The Bush regime prepared the invasion by softening up the targets at home (attacks on civil liberties, corporate regulation and social programs). Halliburton’s refined the neo-colonial process. First, funnel the treasury into their Iraqi accounts. Then outsource jobs and hide the cash in offshore accounts.

In the 2012 elections, bully billionaires returned to invade with boatloads of money rather than imperial armies. They use super PACs to purchase those elections which ensure they retain control over their latest colony: America.

Obviously, government spending and debt was never the issue under Reagan and the Bushes. Rather the 1 percent stayed up nights developing methods for transferring public funds from the 99 percent into the pockets of the 1 percent. They relied on lucrative war-on-terror contracts, tax breaks, bailouts and privatization. Then they demand the 99 percent make sacrifices by cutting schools, environmental programs, roads, health care, etc.

America’s safety net ain’t broke, it’s being robbed.

Their phony “fiscal responsibility” will eliminate the middle class and turn America into another Third World country of economic extremes. And they will breathe easier living in Dubai’s gated communities.

Our enemies are not the poor, the unionized, the nonwhite, single mothers or immigrants. We must unite against the one real enemy, the 1 percent and their tea party collaborators. A Second American Revolution will be born once we decide to overthrow our new colonial masters.

1. averageJose says:

It really is fun to watch the Obama disciples get more ratcheted up every day we get closer to the election.

Yes, America’s safety net IS being robbed, by hordes of people content to live off the backs of working people and by the politicians who depend on victims and entitlement enslaved people. It hurts the disabled and those in need the most.

Q- when was Haliburton first contracted and when did we quit contracting Haliburton?

2. averageJose says:

Ha, just occured to me that had someone wrote this letter attacking Barry the leftists would be howling about inciting violence and such.

3. Sounds as if you may require a uniform supplier.

4. Ortingmom says:

Martin, maybe you should figure out the breakdown of the 1% and get back to us.

5. Scottc51 says:

I wrote a letter like that once, when I was working with airplane glue.

6. Beware – The Army of Obama is marching to Victory in defense of the Constitution and the American Way.

7. Sonofwashington says:

Isn’t ironic, Mr. Kimeldorf, that our revolution was sparked by “Tea Partiers” who protested the oppression of the British Monarchy and the Corporatists of the time, the East Asia Company, a cabal that was bent on sucking out the wealth of the colonists.

Now our present-day “Tea Partiers” have been duped into supporting a governmental-corporatist cabal that continues to suck whatever wealth they can out of the middle class, sticking them with a huge deficit (plus interest on the debt!) all the while avoiding those pesky taxes themselves. (“Only the little people pay taxes.”)

Naturally, our contemporary “conservatives” take on the role of the Tories and by showing fealty to the Corportists, hope someday to benefit from their largesse. Look how well it worked for the supporters of Mussolini.

8. sumyungboi says:

Martin: “Halliburton’s refined the neo-colonial process. First, funnel the treasury into their Iraqi accounts”

I know, right? Like, Bush even had some Jewish guys blow up WTC #4, hey I saw the documentary. Moon landing? Fake.

9. sumyungboi says:

In any case, the panic coming from the left sort of tells the whole story. Sad to see an entire generation and a half of brainwashed robots demanding what they’ve never even tried to work for.

10. Fibonacci says:

sumyngboi
    I am very fortunate and have never been with out a job since I graduated from college, so how have I never worked for anything? Talk about panic, I can’t wait to hear you right wing crybabies the day after Mittens gets his buttocks kicked.

11. Wow….almost the whole gang of rightists got upset about this letter….maybe I should read it.

12. taxedenoughintacoma says:

Any bets on how this loon will vote on making pot legal? What a wackjob.

He must be either a union teacher or Pierce Transit driver.

13. old_benjamin says:

News Flash: San Andreas Fault to be renamed “Bush’s Fault.”

14. LeePHilI says:

“Yes, America’s safety net IS being robbed, by hordes of people content to live off the backs of working people”

Sounds like a Palin follower….

“A whole host of new promises, really a slap in the face to the electorate. There’s an estimation of an unintelligent voting bloc out there, I think that President Obama is assuming will continue to want to get free stuff despite free stuff will replace freedom. And he’s just assuming that that voting bloc will be large enough to get him back in there but I just pray that Americans will open their eyes between now and November when they, you know, they’ll have to make that choice between free stuff or freedom.”

Keep that bucket of water moving…..

What I really enjoy about the Cons is how, in one breath the “illegals” are taking jobs and in the next breath they are consuming all the “entitlements”.

What would Cons do without someone or something to blame?????

Don’t anyone tell Sarah that her state is #2 in the nation of taking more federal tax money than then pay in and that her sweetheart deal with the oil companies is nothing but socialism.

15. What’s wrong with being a union teacher or Pierce Transit driver? What did they do or not do?

16. News Flash for taxedintacoma: Last weekend Ryan said the Romney/Ryan team believes it’s up to the states to decide whether to legalize medical marijuana.

Ryan: “My personal position on these issues has been let the states decide what they want to do with these things,” he explains. “This is something that is not a high priority of ours.”

It didn’t take Romney long to correct Ryan (once again) over not knowing what he was talking about… Hmmmm?

taxedintacoma, is Ryan an example of a flip-flopping wackjob? Could you please look this up in your name calling field guide and get back to us?

As for the content of the letter: There was some truth in the scenario…I don’t much trust the 1% to always do right by us 99%. But, it seems most republicans do. Those who jumped to condem the writer for suggesting a revolution need to come clean. Have you on the right not heard or read about the movement to take back America from the scary communists you see hiding everywhere? Whatever did those tea bags hanging from hats mean? was it just a fashion statement? And, how about your own posts where you discuss taking back what you feel has been stolen? Sounds like you plan to revolt on a daily basis…lol.

17. SwordofPerseus says:

Averagehoseb assumes that we have stopped contracting with haliburton!LOL

philicthy – Ever read anything about history? No, what too high?

oldoc- if you did not receive a parcel with your uniform, you are not on the team.

sumdumboy – it was World Trade Center buildings 1, 2 and 7, not 4 you maroon.

Oldben – funny, good idea.

nottaxed’nuff – What excuse do you have for NOT making pot legal? What a Nazi.

The letter writer has a valid point, I am not sure that the people are “HUNGRY” enough yet. If Romney is elected and gets us involve in a war with Iran, which will most likely precipitate in WWIII; well then all bets are off.

18. sumyungboi says:

sword: “it was World Trade Center buildings 1, 2 and 7, not 4 you maroon”

That’s awesome! Sword is a 9/11 truther, that’s hilarious! I swear to god, there’s just nothing, not moon landing weirdos, nothing, nothing is as stupid as the truthers! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha! What a mook! Haysoos, I wish you worked at my company so we could laugh at you! :)

19. SwordofPerseus says:

Sumdumboy-not a fan of science or facts, they get in the way of his beliefs and his truthyness.

20. SwordofPerseus says:

Sumdumboy – btw, I would eat you for lunch with facts and science, then belly laugh at your abject humiliation.

21. sumyungboi says:

I’m sure you’re the smartest guy in your room! Hahahahahahaha!! What an idiot! Pull it! :) Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!

22. MyBandito says:

Someday, when we’re all non-union and working for minimum wage, if there is such a thing, we can all look back in this and have a good laugh.

23. MyBandito says:

…………at ourselves.

24. So….yungboi thinks that actually knowing the facts about which buildings were destroyed on 9/11 makes someone a “truther”…

Ignorance is bliss they say.

25. All these Not Sees on the right….

26. “Not Sees”

LOL

27. averageJose says:

So no one was willing to answer the question “when was Haliburton first contracted and when did we quit contracting Haliburton?”

I’m not surprised

Hint… looong before Bush/Cheney… and Barry still is rewarding them.

Kooky.

28. sumyungboi says:

beerboy, sorry bub, sword is a truther, doesn’t matter that I got the building number wrong. Sword was _on_ it man, all over it like a truther would be, and when I figured he was a truther and threw that at him, never a denial.

How ’bout you, man? Truther? Which of course, translates to moron. You have to dig pretty deep to find any conspiracy theory as friggin ridiculous as 9/11 truther. People that can be so easily suckered, well, I want their money, too, they’ll just lose it at the casino or liquor store, anyway, and let’s just hope they never spread their genes around. :)

29. slugoxyz says:

I find it interesting that a Lib would criticize the Cons for using SuperPacs. I think SuperPacs are inherintly corrupt and designed specifically to defy the rules. Obama got elected with SuperPac money last time and now Romney is using the same strategy this election (I imagine, the billion BO is raising comes from SuperPac money – forgive me for not citing my theory.
    And I have trouble buying the 1-99%. Isn’t that the 50% trying to include the middle 49% (who are doing just fine)to their cause? I have to tell you, I’m more of a fan of getting the 99% to achieve success (without handouts) and becoming a 1%ers rather than punishing the 1% for their success.

30. “Obama got elected with SuperPac money last time”

Lie.

31. sumyungboi says:

Obama got elected with union money, which is even dirtier than superpac money. The man’s a failure and a scum, and we’re now seeing the results of his middle east appeasement policy. I would like to see him ride off into the sunset sitting backward on a horse with a burlap bag over his head, but a huge progressive loss in November will have to do.

32. yungboi – again, what was inaccurate about the Paul Craig Roberts’ quote that I posted….

crickets chirping.

If noting that the W Administration totally fell down on the job of defending US, in spite of prior warnings and that they were extremely reluctant to appoint a commission (which was staffed by political appointments, not experts) makes you think I am a “moron” then I really don’t care what you think about me.

I do find it interesting that many who are unwilling to trust the government on the smallest, most insignificant issues are oftentimes the first ones to dismiss as “morons” anyone who wonders just how forthcoming with the truth the government is when presenting a self-evaluation of why they screwed up and cost American lives.

33. slugoxyz says:

ehill is wrong and right. I did not lie, I was merely incorrect. Super pacs were not allowed until 2010 but I’d rather be a little incompetent than a liar. I apologize for my incorrect statement.

34. sumyungboi says:

beerboy the 9/11 truther, what a friggin’ mook! HAYSOOS I would love it if you worked at my shop so we could taunt you in person for being stupid. As has been noted before, in order for you to be a 9/11 truther, you have to believe in a HYPER-efficient government, and well, these dolts couldn’t keep a secret to save American lives. Man, no wonder it’s so easy to separate you people from your money, and I want to do it too! You truthers are the worst saps since sap made it’s sap debut! I just can’t imagine what goes through your truther mind to think that hundreds or thousands of people conspired to do this, and it took some sap kid in his sap moms basement to expose it. Hahahahahahahahahaha!! Please give me your skype name so I can call you and laugh!

35. averageJose says:

I Bush is responsible for 911 then Barry murdered an innocent man.

36. yungboi – again, what was inaccurate about the Paul Craig Roberts’ quote that I posted….

And…..your screen name was well chosen as your last post full of inane taunts is what one expects from some pimply-faced 14-year old typing in his mom’s basement.

37. Not sure how anyone, even a yungboi, could possibly deduce that I “believe in a HYPER-efficient government” based upon the following quote:

“the W Administration totally fell down on the job of defending US, in spite of prior warnings and that they were extremely reluctant to appoint a commission (which was staffed by political appointments, not experts)”

38. sumyungboi says:

beerboy, looks like I hit a sore spot, but you gotta know that normal people think that you 9/11 truthers are tin foil hat wearing idiots sitting in a lawn chair next to a chicken coop in Idaho somewhere in front of a fifty year old mobile home sitting on cinder blocks holding a banjo with a piece of straw next to your tooth while your fourth cousin takes target practice with a slingshot behind you. Yer not thinkin’ straight, boy!

39. I have to remind myself that expecting certain people to understand the lack of logic in their posts is rather illogical.

You don’t even get your regional stereotype correct.

Keep it up, I don’t need to demonstrate the holes in your logic.

40. yungboi – again, what was inaccurate about the Paul Craig Roberts’ quote that I posted….

41. Harry_Anslinger says:

Not specificaly on topic but taxedenough makes some asinine comment about someones vote on legalizing cannabis. As a tax payer who does not smoke pot but does want fiscal responsibility, limited government, and respect for states rights…what is your mental malfunction that allows for the moniker ‘taxedenough’ when cannabis prohibition wastes hundreds of millions of dollars and is a complete failure? Wake up! You out there that somehow haven’t figured out that many responsible people you see and respect every day choose to use cannabis responsibly whether medically or recreationally and you want to deny them that right and continue to feed the black market? Idiocy.