Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

GOP: Lies should have been front-page news

Letter by Lawrence G. Fox, Olympia on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:16 pm with 200 Comments »
August 31, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: “Convention speeches misleading” (TNT, 8-31).

When people running for the most powerful offices in the world tell bald-faced lies to sucker people to vote for them, why did you only mention it on page 13? That should have been on the front page.

I don’t know why newspapers, which have been ridiculed and demeaned by the Republican Party as “lame-stream news” and “liberal press,” continue to coddle the same people who are the most responsible for newspapers losing readership and skilled reporters.

Do you think they will like and promote your papers if they get in control of the government? Dream on!

Leave a comment Comments → 200
  1. Scottc51 says:

    Because there weren’t any lies.

  2. Somebody forgot about BHOs promises from 2008.

    Coddle? You must have very limited media exposure.

  3. LeePHilI says:

    CT is another in a long line of people that doesn’t recognize the difference between unfullfilled campaign promises and blatant manufactured lies, based on recent history.

    Scott would be a great writer for the Republicans. He just reported on something that happened and claimed it didn’t happen.

  4. Scottc51 says:

    Thanks Lee. I appreciate your support.

  5. LeePHilI says:

    Scott….I always recognize where recognition is due. Your fiction skills are enchanting

  6. Romny did state he wanted Obama to initially succeed because America then would succeed. Nice statement, however, actions are louder than words! Romny as well as the majority in his party proclaimed they would fight every proposal Obama put on the table. Republicans voted no on every proposal during Obama’s tenure. I guess that staement wasn’t a lie rather taken out of context or a gaff!

  7. averageJose says:

    LOL… like I said, the desperation of the blind loyal Obama disciples is palpable.

  8. “the desperation of the blind loyal Obama disciples is palpable.”

    More projection.

  9. even more palpable is the reek of fear and loathing from the zombie GOPhers who only watch fox-bat spews.

  10. averageJose says:

    This is fun to watch. :D

  11. Ortingmom says:

    Agree or not I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

  12. menopaws says:

    You know what—-truth is not something that is DEBATABLE OR SUBJECT TO WHIM………..You either treasure and respect truth or you don’t……..If you don’t–you have NO right to claim immunity from those who want to indict you for lying……CT8 has little respect for those who believe in honesty……..Tea Party types find that reality very uncomfortable, so they waste a lot of energy trying to alter reality to fit their notions…..Too bad—all those old white faces at the convention told the story….even Michael Steele, a Republican, stated that over 2000 delegates—only 47 were people of color…….that doesn’t represent the America anyone lives in……………Can’t alter that truth or that reality…..

  13. Lies and truth enhancements (Hmmm, is there a pill for that?) have been told by both political parties. For the last 20 years, there has not been a politician that I would invite into my house for Sunday dinner.
    And that, my friends, is a crying shame.

  14. aislander says:

    So…xring…you mean the majority of viewers who got their convention coverage from Fox, which even outdrew the broadcast networks?

  15. The America “we live in” is failing. As Hill likes to point out 50% of Americans do not make enough to pay taxes. Unemployment stuck over 8%.

    Who gives a crap about color? Only the race baiters.

  16. Candles16 says:

    Any reasonable person could see and understands that the Republicans are lying through their teeth on just about everything at their convention.

    A wacked-out Clint was icing on the cake for a generally dishonest wackadoodle party convention. The Republican party has gone off the deep-end. Pimping the big lies over and over is stuff of Joseph Goebbels.

  17. aislander says:

    Did anyone go to the trouble of going down the list of alleged “lies” pointed out by factcheck?

    They boiled down to disagreements of opinion rather than fact and what they viewed as hypocrisy, such as Ryan’s soliciting stimulus funds for his district after opposing the “stimulus,” when his role as representative was different from that of principled legislator.

    Please, lefties: point out the most egregious “lie…”

  18. sandblower says:

    Did anyone notice how WHITE the stage and the audience were. I guess it is racist of me to notice black exclusion in the minds and actions of the extreme right. Oh well……..

  19. lylelaws says:

    Larry,

    You are right about one thing. The two anti-Romney articles that appeared on page A13 of the Tribune today shouldn’t have been there, but not for the reason you put forth.

    They should have been in the editorial section because they were purely speculation. At the very least, they should have been put in the form of questions rather than printed as fact.

    Talk about lies or misinformation. How in the hell can Richard Rubin of the Bloomberg News know that Romney’s plan will “Hurt the middle class”?

    If he can get unemployed American’s back to working and paying income taxes instead of needing assistance, everyone will benefit, especially the middle class

  20. Test

  21. Condi, Love, Rubio and others.

    Come on.

  22. menopaws says:

    Aislander—He blamed Obama for the loss of jobs from the closing of a GM plant in his district………..The plant was closed when BUSH was still President…and he knew that…….Big enough lie for you…blamed the candidate instead of the man who was President……Reality bites–it was fact checked and even more important–he KNEW it was untrue when he said it……….So, grow up–he got nailed…that was a barefaced lie………….CT8–the tokens took the stage…Still only 47 people of color who actually were voting delegates in a sea of over 2000 white faces…..This fact came from a Republican—so, call HIM a liar……Dim bulbs dearly loathe truth and facts………….Race card is REAL -they represent America too—just kills all those pasty white faces that they aren’t the future–they are the past……..I’m NOT sorry to see that change……..We need the energy of new faces and new ideas…the old ones of the Republicans are 3 decades of the same old stuff…..

  23. ItalianSpring says:

    He left out my favorite: the stenographer press corpse.

  24. aislander says:

    The Janesville plant stayed open, although downsized, until after Obama took office. It shut down completely after The One was immaculated, not one hundred years thereafter…

    So…WHO’S lying?

  25. Candles16 says:

    Even Fox News recognized that Paul Ryan was a big fat liar:

    “On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech.” http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/08/30/paul-ryans-speech-in-three-words/

    This kind of malicious deception is more than “disagreements of opinion”. Ryan’s most outrageous lie was that the Romney/Ryan ticket would protect and save Medicare.

  26. aislander says:

    Candles16 exemplifies the political wing that wouldn’t hold any office whatsoever if not for its propensity to lie.

    Sally Kohn, who wrote the opinion piece that Candles16 attributes to “Fox News” is one of the many far-left commentators who appear on Fox and who lefties such as Candles say are not there!

    The opinions Candle16 attributes to Fox News are those of Sally Kohn…

  27. Romny as well as the majority in his party proclaimed they would fight every proposal Obama put on the table.

    Citation please.

    Never mind, it sounds good to the lefties – must be true.

  28. “token”. Nice racist comment.

    You see them as a prop vs people of principle.

  29. Dave98373 says:

    Lawrence-
    If you can’t cite any one specific “lie” then what is your point? Because you don’t personally agree with everything that the TNT print upsets your own biased political belief? That would make you narrow-minded and prejudiced. If this is the best that the TNT has to offer this political season then it has rightly earned the lamest editorial journalism loser of the year award.

  30. When Obama goes home to Chicago after the votes have been counted, I will make some popcorn and enjoy the baying of the jackasses (donkeys) on the left…You have 65 days left!

  31. 2 shooting within a block of his Chicago home in a few days. His buddy in charge. Enough said.

  32. Aislander – I mean anyone who claims there were no lies told at the convention regardless of which news they watched.

    Facts don’t lie – the Republicans past their opinions off as facts.

    Lama – Chris Christie sure did not sound like he expected Romney to win.

  33. Where did the coherent xring go from earlier in the week?

  34. Sabre16 says:

    Still waiting for anybody to point out a specific verifiable lie from any night of the RNC. I guess, it won’t happen. May as well go to bed.

  35. “The Janesville plant stayed open, although downsized, until after Obama took office.”

    Liar.

    GM announced the plant closure in June 2008. http://archives.media.gm.com/archive/documents/domain_3/docId_46161_pr.html

    The last vehicle rolled off the assembly line in December 2008: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/files/2012/08/LastGMBannerPose_t715.jpg

  36. “Sally Kohn, who wrote the opinion piece that Candles16 attributes to “Fox News” is one of the many far-left commentators”

    When you can’t refute the message, attack the messenger.

  37. My favorite moment was when Clint Eastwood debated the empty chair – and lost.

  38. beerBoy says:

    I would be really upset about the GOP platform except for the fact that no one, not even the GOP, believes for a second that Mitt will is really going to attempt to put it in place.

    The real convention and the real platform was held on a yacht sailing under a Cayman Islands flag. The folks who paid a $1 million each for a berth on that ship were the real delegates who set the real platform. And none of us know what went on there.

    Mitt Romney….the next president of the United States….putting the interests of the Cayman Island crew and Israel before those of the people who actually vote for him.

  39. beerBoy says:

    Should have written “PERHAPS the next president of the United States”.

  40. menopaws says:

    Aislander==the plant closure was announce in June of 3008 and happened in January 2009—-Obama had yet to EVEN TAKE OFFICE…what is wrong with you.????
    truth really spooks you, huh?….I saw the newspaper on CBS with the headline of the closure and THE DATE. Go talk to an empty chair and let us know what it tells you……Facts and truth do matter………Tough for Romney to keep track since his reality and positions shift every time a new poll comes in…..

  41. sumyungboi says:

    So funny to see leftists get all wadded up.

    Watch for the endorsements, Larry, ol’ pal. We have a ridiculous primary system, and the TNT figures that by endorsing both a dem and a repub, they can call themselves “fair” and open minded. The two people that were going to win, anyway. The real test is the general, and the last time that the TNT endorsed any repub for anything other than dog catcher was Rossi eight years ago.

    Anyway, liberal as they are, (and they are) the TNT does understand that demographically, Tacoma and Pierce County aren’t exactly Capitol Hill. When a bunch of progressive “fact checkers” start quoting each other, that isn’t headline news, and the TNT knows it. Their readership is far more moderate than Larry and his hippie pals, and if they started down that road, the end would come quicker than it is now.

    Also, are you gonna be around for the dem lies at their convention? “The word is out, Mitt Romney hasn’t paid taxes in ten years”, remember that little gem? You glorious Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, not some campaign bint throwing the word “felon” around. Face it bub, dems have the market cornered on lying, and the TNT won’t be going there.

  42. Menopaws wrote: Still only 47 people of color who actually were voting delegates in a sea of over 2000 white faces…..This fact came from a Republican—so, call HIM a liar……Dim bulbs dearly loathe truth and facts………….Race card is REAL -they represent America too
    _________________________________________________________

    Raising the racist flag again Minny? 98% of the Black vote in 2008 went to Barack Obama. Did you suggest that 98% to be racists? The 47 Black delegates comprise about 2.5% of the total delegates at the Republican convention so it would appear that not much has changed since 2008. That you can deduce an undercurrent of racism in the situation is totally laughable.

  43. SwordofPerseus says:

    ‘slanders credibility is now less than zero.

    here quohog ~ GOP Senator George Voinovich agrees:

    Meanwhile, former Senator George Voinovich also goes on record telling Grunwald that Republican marching orders were to oppose everything the Obama administration proposed.

    “If he was for it, we had to be against it,” Voinovich tells Grunwald. And at another point, characterizing a strategy session Republicans and McConnell had held in early January of 2009, Voinovich said: “He wanted everyone to hold the fort. All he cared about was making sure Obama could never have a clean victory.”

    “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President [Barack] Obama to be a one-term president.” — October 2010 ~ Mitch McConnell. ~ http://fatlip.leoweekly.com/2012/08/10/more-evidence-that-mitch-mcconnell-sabotaged-our-government-for-political-gain/

    “Congressional historians said Mr. Boehner’s move was unprecedented.” A month before Senate Republicans blocked Barack Obama’s popular jobs bill, that’s how the New York Times described Speaker John Boehner’s refusal to grant the President’s request for a September 7 address to joint session of Congress to present the American Jobs Act. As it turns out, “unprecedented” is apt description for almost every boulder in the stone wall of Republican obstructionism Barack Obama has faced from the moment he took the oath of office. From the GOP’s record-setting use of the filibuster and its united front against Obama’s legislative agenda to blocking judicial nominees and its admitted hostage-taking of the U.S. debt ceiling, the Republican Party has broken new ground in its perpetual quest to ensure that Barack Obama will be a one-term president.” ~
    http://crooksandliars.com/jon-perr/republicans-unprecedented-obstructionism-by-numbers

    there are pages more to refute your right wing wacko claims.

  44. SwordofPerseus says:

    olddoc said; – “That you can deduce an undercurrent of racism in the situation is totally laughable.”

    How is that laughable? I guess that to say “undercurrent” when the term tidal wave of racism would be more accurate.

  45. sumyungboi says:

    menopaws: “CT8–the tokens took the stage ..”

    Nothing but pure, unabashed racism on the part of menopaws. If a black person doesn’t think like white liberals think they should, they’re “tokens”. It’s really tough to describe the loathsomeness of your comment. In fact, I can’t. You’re simply a racist, that’s that.

  46. SwordofPerseus says:

    This RNC reminded me in a way of Tuna fishing. These once great masters of the sea, now gaffed and flipping and flapping with their last gasps of life on the deck of the boat.

  47. Clamat0 says:

    Liar.

    GM announced the plant closure in June 2008.

    Tell that to the hometown newspaper, The Janesville Gazette (not that THEY would knoiwm more about the subject that you, LMAO!):

    DATELINE FEBRUARY 19, 2009

    JANESVILLE — General Motors will end medium-duty truck production in Janesville on April 23, four months to the day after the plant stopped building full-size sport utility vehicles.

    http://gazettextra.com/news/2009/feb/19/gm-plant-last-day-finalized/

    Try reading it this time – before you start slinging your usual invectives again.

    Apparently, in liberal la-la land, a plant is considered “closed” when just one lines is shut down.

    Ryan lied about nothing, no matter how dizzying the left-rotation spin the “four tops”, here, try to apply.

  48. Swordof…wrote: This RNC reminded me in a way of Tuna fishing. These once great masters of the sea, now gaffed and flipping and flapping with their last gasps of life on the deck of the boat.
    ________________________________________________

    Awe inspiring prose from the master purveyor of socialist claptrap.

  49. sumyungboi says:

    SoP: “This RNC reminded me in a way of Tuna fishing ..”

    Dems remind me of .. idiots. Wait, I guess they just are, no reminding going on there.

  50. averageJose says:

    “My favorite moment was when Clint Eastwood debated the empty chair – and lost”.

    When you can’t refute the message, attack the messenger.

    LMAO

  51. LeePHilI says:

    Well….let’s say that the parsing about the closure of the plant is true and it’s not closed until the last employee walked out the door…

    With that thought in mind…

    Why is Paul Ryan, the WISCONSIN CONGRESSMAN complaining that a Presidential candidate didn’t save the plant when he didn’t save it and he represents the state of location?

    Ryan’s little scenario is cute…but, I would think that a Congressman from Wisconsin would be more involved in saving a GM plant in Janeville, Wisconsin, than a Senator/President-elect from Illinois.

    Isn’t this the same Paul Ryan that complains about the Stimulus and yet made sure that he tapped $20 million for his district?

    Regardless of the exact day of closure for the plant, the hypocrisy of the Republican part lives on.

  52. “98% of the Black vote in 2008 went to Barack Obama. Did you suggest that 98% to be racists?”

    What percentage of McCain’s vote was from whites? 98%? Guess what you just proved?

    “The 47 Black delegates comprise about 2.5% of the total delegates at the Republican convention so it would appear that not much has changed since 2008.

    In 2008, 8% of the delegates were minorities. Looks like the GOP is getting whiter and whiter all the time.

  53. “Tell that to the hometown newspaper, The Janesville Gazette (not that THEY would knoiwm more about the subject that you, LMAO!):”

    Well, they wouldn’t know more than General Motors: http://archives.media.gm.com/archive/documents/domain_3/docId_46161_pr.html

    “Apparently, in liberal la-la land, a plant is considered “closed” when just one lines is shut down.”

    Apparently, in wrong-wingland a plant is considered fully functional even though it has been scheduled to be close, and all but 50 of the 1,200 workers have been let go.

    And of course, there’s still no evidence that Obama promised to keep the plant open.

  54. philichi says:

    Next week we will hear the statists and commissars of the Democrat party tell us how fun collectivism is.

    We will hear that we can even have more free stuff from the government, and that the $1.3 trillion yearly deficit will magically go away if the rich would just pay another 4%. Experts say that this will raise about $80 billion per year.

    We wil be told that the reason for the situation that we are in is President Bush. Business owners will be demonized. Job creators will be scorned. The noble teachers union will tell us that if we just give them more money, our kids will get a fine education.

    Finally, in the end, Obama will give a great speech about gay marriage, wind mills, free pills and lower student loan rates. Nothing will be said about economic growth. That would be evil and create more evil people to tax.

    there will be no lies.

  55. aislander says:

    “Janesville was placed on standby capacity in May 2009 and will remain in that status,” GM said in a June 26, 2009 press release.

  56. aislander says:

    The “message” that was refuted was that the Kohn piece was the opinion of “Fox News” writ large.

    It was the opinion of the loony lefty, Sally Kohn.

    See, THAT was an attack on the no-message “messenger…”

    Learn to tell the difference.

  57. sandblower says:

    The Fed is calling for more stimulus. What will be the response from the extreme right wingnuts who have no clue about monetary policy which is what will create jobs is the question?

  58. LMAO@e.hill!

    Your great grampa’ must have been the captain of the Titanic.

    “Iceberg? What iceberg? That big white thing in from of us is an abnormally large sea bird – FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!”

    Refute the hometown newspaper or admit that closing one line is not the same a closing a plant.

    Geez. Too bad the Titanic’s hull wasn’t constructed of the same substance and gauge that a few of our favorite liberal’s skulls are.

  59. Why is Paul Ryan, the WISCONSIN CONGRESSMAN complaining that a Presidential candidate didn’t save the plant…

    Kindly show us where Ryan was “complaining that a Presidential candidate didn’t save the (Janesville) plant”.

    You don’t read so well. I’ve already linked in a [previous thread, the full-text passage from Ryan’s speech. He said no such thing.

    But let’s try reading for comprehension again:

    President Barack Obama came to office during an economic crisis, as he has reminded us a time or two. Those were very tough days, and any fair measure of his record has to take that into account. My home state voted for President Obama. When he talked about change, many people liked the sound of it, especially in Janesville, where we were about to lose a major factory.

    A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: “I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.” That’s what he said in 2008.

    Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day. And that’s how it is in so many towns today, where the recovery that was promised is nowhere in sight.

    A simple statement of fact (although the last line did not shut down until April, 2009) – no “complaining”, no “accusing”.

    I love how you libs attempt to make mountains out of a PeeHill/ mole.hill.

    Obviously, Ryan’s succeeded in getting under the “collective” skin of the left, LOL.

    Well done, Mr. Ryan!

  60. aislander says:

    So…since the plant went on standby status five months into the Bamster’s administration, LPG is asserting that one of 435 congressmen was in a better position to keep the plant open than was a sitting President.

    As the philosopher Larry-Fine might say: Kooky!

  61. Slow down sandblower, you have the party line wrong. Demand creates jobs, the fed is evil.

    The rest of this threat is pure crap. Sally Kohn, really? The Hills got all sorts of excited over leftist propaganda that starts with foxnews.com.

    The plant was opened or it was closed. We know it was open. It was a story anyway. An analogy on how BHOs promises fell flat, like his economy.

  62. averageJose says:

    Contrast and compare the number of minorities in the last 3 president’s administration… Clinton and Barry must be racists.

    I miss Larry-Fine. ;)

  63. LeePHilI says:

    Aw yes….more parsing. Now we’ll parse the use of the word “complaining”, when, the real issue is that Ryan cites that another candidate didn’t do what should have been his responsibility as the congressional rep.

    Convince the American voters that Ryan wasn’t “complaining” about Obama.

    Why didn’t Ryan save the plant in his Congressional district? Wasn’t that important to him? For all of his talk about homespun values and the old home town, when he had an opportunity to do something for the “guys he went to school with”, Ryan didn’t show up.

    We can play rhetorical roulette with Ryan’s statement until the cows come home, but one thing stands firm – Ryan didn’t help his own district/home state.

    It’s no more complicated than that.

  64. LeePHilI says:

    According to Ryan, he asked the GM CEO to not close the plant. It appears that Ryan didn’t have much pull with GM.

    I guess he expected Obama to do what he wasn’t able to do.

  65. “A simple statement of fact (although the last line did not shut down until April, 2009) – no “complaining”, no “accusing”.

    ROFLMAO – that’s hysterical, coming from the author of “What Ryan said is that 0bama claimed he would keep the plant open.”

    Thanks for yet another great laugh!

  66. aislander says:

    Expecting the President to be able to do something that one of 435 congressmen couldn’t: kooky…

  67. MyBandito says:

    Larry Fine was one of the Three Stooges.

    Ryan was for it before he was against it.
    Romney was for it before he was against it.

    Please pass the etch-a-sketch.

  68. Ryan had no pull with GM? Well, BHO was about to hand them billions of our tax dollars. Ryan asked with little or nothing to offer.

    Was there a point,Sr?

  69. “Well, BHO was about to hand them billions of our tax dollars”

    Hindsight: always 20-20.

  70. normajean says:

    @ Menopaws, thanks for pointing out the obvious. Some people just can’t distinguish among truth, lies & fiction. They will say & do anything for votes including limiting the number of (dem) votes through ridiculous ID requirements.

  71. Ehill, was there a point?

  72. ROFLMAO – that’s hysterical, coming from the author of “What Ryan said is that 0bama claimed he would keep the plant open.”

    So… we’re giving up on the date of closure now?

    0bama:

    “And I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this plant will be here for another hundred years.”

    Ryan:

    A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: “I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.” That’s what he said in 2008.

    Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year. It is locked up and empty to this day.

    Hmmm. So, either 0bama wanted to spite his nemesis, Paul Ryan, in his home town, or he couldn’t convince the new union owners of Government Motors to spend some of their billions in bailout $ to keep the Janesville plant open.

    So who’s lying here?

  73. Aw yes….more parsing.

    Yes you are. “Complaining” was the word you used to describe what Ryan said in his speech.

    Now the word of the day is “deflecting” since “parsing” in the wind doesn’t seem to be working for you.

  74. prairiegirl says:

    “We’re not going to let our campaign be dictated by factcheckers”
    Neil Newhouse- Mitt Romney Spokesperson 8/28/12

  75. “So, either 0bama wanted to spite his nemesis, Paul Ryan, in his home town, or he couldn’t convince the new union owners of Government Motors to spend some of their billions in bailout $ to keep the Janesville plant open.”

    Nice use of the “false choice” logical fallacy. Think anyone noticed?

  76. “Ehill, was there a point?”

    Yep. And you missed it yet again.

  77. “So… we’re giving up on the date of closure now?”

    So… we’re giving up defending the Ryan lie that Obama claimed he would keep the plant open?

  78. menopaws says:

    oldoc–Damn straight I am a racist……Watching Republicans attempt to strip the right to vote from poor minorities that I marched for back in the 1960’s during the civil rights movement turned me into a real downright clear RACIST. I loathe overweight, older WHITE Republicans who are working very hard to keep people of color from being able to vote in red states……I keep hearing about Obama the “socialist, communist, ” etc….Let’s talk about the Republican Nazi’s who only want WHITE voters at their polls….You betcha,, to quote that Republican moron on Fox—I support minorities in their march to the voting polls………..And, I hope each and every one who wants to vote gets the opportunity….Voter fraud????That is the fraud of denying the right to vote to citizens….Every time a real citizen is turned away from the polls, democracy loses……So call me that name–in this case, I accept it with real pride…………

  79. I wrote: The 47 Black delegates comprise about 2.5% of the total delegates at the Republican convention so it would appear that not much has changed since 2008.
    ____________________________________________________________

    Ehill responded: In 2008, 8% of the delegates were minorities. Looks like the GOP is getting whiter and whiter all the time.
    ____________________________________________________________

    There were 38 black delegates to the Republican Convention in Minneapolis in 2008 or 1.6 percent of the total number of delegates. Looks like a gain of about 64% in the percentage of Black delegates. Maybe it is not getting whiter and whiter all the time. Facts have never been your strong suit.

  80. Herman Cain, Condi, Ann Romney, Love. All very respected conservatives.

    What a load of you know what. This is the head of the dem party pulling a ‘meno’.
    http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/30/dnc-chair-republican-women-speakers-just-shiny-packaging-to-distract-from-anti-woman-policies/

    My wife and mother are happy conservative women. Who would want to be as hate filled as the racist ‘meno’? What does it solve or help?

  81. Menopaws wrote: Still only 47 people of color who actually were voting delegates in a sea of over 2000 white faces…..This fact came from a Republican—so, call HIM a liar……Dim bulbs dearly loathe truth and facts………….Race card is REAL -they represent America too
    _________________________________________________________

    I responded: Raising the racist flag again Minny? 98% of the Black vote in 2008 went to Barack Obama. Did you suggest that 98% to be racists? The 47 Black delegates comprise about 2.5% of the total delegates at the Republican convention so it would appear that not much has changed since 2008. That you can deduce an undercurrent of racism in the situation is totally laughable.
    __________________________________________________________

    Ehill then chimed in with: What percentage of McCain’s vote was from whites? 98%? Guess what you just proved?
    __________________________________________________________

    OK, I’ll bite, what did I just prove? For your continuing education President Obama received 43% of the white vote while Senator McCain received 55%. Perhaps the Black community was totally without bias while 55% of the White electorate was racist…..What a joke!

  82. LeePHilI says:

    “Clamat0 says:
    Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:59 pm Aw yes….more parsing.
    Yes you are. “Complaining” was the word you used to describe what Ryan said in his speech.”

    So…….was Ryan trying to say what a good job the President had done in spite of difficult circumstances….or was he complaining that the President hadn’t done enough?

    Play your child games with your mommy. I don’t want to listen to your incessant “why?” over and over.

  83. LeePHilI says:

    “CT8 says:
    Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:41 pm Ehill, was there a point?”

    Only to those with adult comprehension skills.

  84. LeePHilI says:

    “aislander says:
    Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:35 am Expecting the President to be able to do something that one of 435 congressmen couldn’t: kooky…”

    Gosh, aislander and I agree! It would be ridiculous to think that the President (President elect) would have more ability on his own (without Congress) to save a GM plant. It seems to me that the President needed Congress’ help to pass the legislation for the loan that DID save GM. Don’t we all recall a meeting with a Senate committee?

    So Ryan was incapable of completing the task at hand and supported the President’s loan proposal (do your history lessons) but is now complaining that the President didn’t get done what he had a hand in?

    Sorry Congressman Ryan….you brought the subject up.

    You picked him, Mitt.

  85. pazzo242 says:

    Senator Obama crossed the country promising that his campaign, and administration would be the most transparent in history. He promised that he wouldn’t allow lobbyists in his staff, or money in his funds. That was in 2007, as it stands today the President has accepted millions of dollars from lobbyists and special interest groups. The President even took it one step farther by appointing many of those lobbyists into positions of power and influence. The President knows how to put together an attractive campaign, but when the time comes to act on those promises he falls short.

    Do yourself a favor, Mr. Fox, research before you make yourself look pathetic: http://obamalies.net/

  86. LeePHilI says:

    pazzo….if the President’s administration isn’t “transparent”….how do you know so much about his business?

  87. Because the conservative media are attempting to hold him accountable.

  88. aislander says:

    Just like the Prez who “leads from behind,” LPG got it exactly backwards…

  89. menopaws says:

    No one is trying to keep white voters with drivers licenses from voting….If you are elderly, a minority and poor and don’t drive—guess what? Your vote is in question….the elderly woman in Pennsylvania who took them to court–92, never drove a car, was born at home via midwife and had no birth certificate….small bill from the midwife was her proof to get social security….Voted in every election–now she can’t…….Your party, according to JEB BUSH, is not inclusive and will cease to exist in a few elections if they don’t change……Their racism is sickening and not worthy of any group who claims to want to lead America. America is NOT all white……Every vote is important…..So, why are they soooo afraid of letting people of color vote? Because they will lose…….they don’t want an election–they want a coup…..Take all your righteous indignation and shove it…….Your party wants power and sacrificed the opportunity to work with a new President to help save America…….They sold their souls for pure power–and their patriotism is non-existent…..Unless there is a check involved from Adelson or the Koch Brothers, it doesn’t ….Jeb Bush is no fool–why are most of you???? And, yes, I think that the race card is VALID…..Your party just needs the white sheets and torches to live up to their goals of returning to the 1950’s………

  90. beerBoy says:

    This meme brought up over and over again that black voters must be racist because the voted in such high percentage for Obama is just part of the metameme that the only racism is against white males who are losing their traditional privileges of being the dominant group in a racist society.

    Blacks have voted overwhelmingly for the Democratic nominee in ALL presidential elections since FDR and the New Deal. The loyalty to the Party was really cemented when JFK took MLKjr.s call and his Republican opponent refused. The Civil Rights act was the impetus for LBJ receiving only 2% less than Obama.

    The Freakonomics folks performed an analysis of the vote and concluded that Obama LOST more voters due to racism than he gained.

  91. beerBoy says:

    To call Blacks racists because they didn’t vote for your candidate is hardly a way to entice them into your little tent. What’s next? Call women sexist if they aren’t GOPloyalists?

  92. LeePHilI says:

    The conservative media can’t hold anyone accountable that isn’t transparent.

    I love these little English lessons.

  93. Before you provided us with a dessertation on the subject of memes and metamemes, I might suggest that you give due credit to the metamemer-in-chief…Menopaws. Her initial rant on this thread began with: “You know what—-truth is not something that is DEBATABLE OR SUBJECT TO WHIM………..You either treasure and respect truth or you don’t……..If you don’t–you have NO right to claim immunity from those who want to indict you for lying……CT8 has little respect for those who believe in honesty……..Tea Party types find that reality very uncomfortable, so they waste a lot of energy trying to alter reality to fit their notions…..Too bad—all those old white faces at the convention told the story….even Michael Steele, a Republican, stated that over 2000 delegates—only 47 were people of color…….that doesn’t represent the America anyone lives in……………Can’t alter that truth or that reality…..”

    Menopaws routinely introduces the race issued into nearly every discussion regarless of its application to the subject under discussion. Is her characterization of Republicans as old, fat, white people not a meme worth mentioning?

  94. LeePHilI says:

    “introduces race into every issue”

    Well…nothing like a good dose of hyperbole in the morning to get you started.

    Menopaws discusses race where the issue is true. Unfortunately, when talking about the Republican party, race is easily a part of the subject.

  95. took14theteam says:

    Keep repeating the lie often enough…..

  96. beerBoy says:

    oldoc – I’m thinking you are giving menopaws a whole heck of a lot of credit for creating a meme that the GOP is the Party of Privilege White Men. All you have to do is a brief google search to find that there are many, many, many articles written by many, many, many people that comment upon this perception. And….if that is too much work, you can just view the political comics on the TNT to see the same thing.

  97. Clamat0 says:

    So…….was Ryan trying to say what a good job the President had done in spite of difficult circumstances….or was he complaining that the President hadn’t done enough?

    Hmmm:

    Nice use of the “false choice” logical fallacy. Think anyone noticed?

    You need more lessons in false rhetoric from sonny boy – heavy emphasis on false dilemma.

    Think anyone noticed?

    LMAO!

  98. Wow! Comments about comments outweigh comments about the letter’s content . . .

    I just hope “TNT” writes a similar page A13 expose’ covering next week’s speeches.

  99. It looks like meno had a full blown meltdown, yet people on the left support her views? She admits a bias (hardcore racism) that tints her every comment and viewpoint.

    “Many blacks erroneously believe the GOP consists of rich racist white people. In reality, the GOP was founded to free blacks. Only five years after slavery, there were black congressmen, all Republicans. The KKK, Jim Crow laws, segregation, and denying blacks the right to vote where all birthed by Democrats.

    Even today, Democrats are still “keeping blacks in their place” — telling them they need lowered standards, affirmative action, special programs, and freebies to succeed. Democrats constantly send blacks the message they are not as smart was whites. For example, Democrats say having to show ID when voting disenfranchises blacks. This is merely a tactic by which the Democrats implement voter fraud. However, in the process, they are saying blacks are too stupid to find their way to the DMV or other places to acquire proper ID. This is just one example of numerous ways Democrats tell blacks they are inferior and need Democrats’ help to succeed.

    Republicans deal with blacks respectfully, as equals. Democrats thrive on blacks believing themselves to be victims, despite being blessed to be born in the greatest land of opportunity on the planet. Foreigners are trying to get to America in cardboard boats held together with duct tape. Democrats punish and hate blacks who compete with whites and succeed without Democrat lowered standards and involvement.

    While sold as compassion and “fairness,” Democrat programs are always about making as many people as possible dependent on government to secure/buy votes. In the long run, all Democrat policies and programs hurt people!

    There are black idiot knucklehead racists who want to believe a lie rather than the truth. Yes, I said black racists. I reject and resent the satanic notion that because of slavery, blacks have a right to be racist. Racism is evil, period, whether it comes from blacks or whites. It you disagree, it is fruitless to continue reading this article. I will keep you in my prayers.

    In reality, history confirms that the black community has been sleeping with the enemy for years by monolithically voting Democrat. News flash, black voters: the Democrats “ain’t” your friends.

    Every program which demeans and stifles blacks has come and continues to come from the Democrats. Republicans continue to be the party extremely supportive of black individuality, the party full of nurturers of black entrepreneurial success.

    Democrats still want to keep blacks on their plantation of needing government handouts — thus keeping blacks dependent on government, thus keeping blacks voting for Democrats, who promise to give them stuff via programs. To make their scam work, Democrats also tell blacks that Republicans are burning the midnight oil planning ways to “keep them down.” Thus, you blacks need us Democrats to keep evil rich white Republicans off your backs.

    In a nutshell, blacks are being played by the Democrats. So you can imagine my frustration and impatience with ignorant knuckleheads who trash me for being a Republican. I am working to liberate my people — to ensure that they be treated with dignity and respect, and not as needy, inferior supplicants.”

    Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/11/blacks_still_played_and_controlled_by_tired_old_democrat_paradigms.html#ixzz25Kf0XlA5

  100. There goes ol’ Menopaws again, whining about “all those old white faces at the convention” and “pasty white faces” etc. etc. etc. She must be off her meds again or the mailman didn’t deliver her welfare check on time. What a whack job!

  101. With people such as “sandblower” and menopaws, the first thing that comes to their deseased minds are race. Not unusual for a liberal, they always need to bring up race. If I said it’s a nice day today, they would say “yeah, because you’re a white bigot and you won’t share the sunshine with hispanics and African Americans!!” I’m glad that people such as these genetic mutants are liberals and not republicans, I wouldn’t want to live in the self-hate and class envy that they live in.

  102. “In a nutshell, blacks are being played by the Democrats.”

    Yet another Republican claiming that blacks are stupid. And you wonder why people say that Republicans are racist?

  103. CT8, well stated comments and right to the point. Of course it will goe over the heads of bottom feeders like menopaws and sandblower. Muck racking is their specialty. My only regret is that Joe McCarthy didn’t finish the job he started back in the ’50’s and rid this country of the vermin and send all of their lousy rear-ends to the USSR where they belong.

  104. LeePHill wrote:“introduces race into every issue”

    Well…nothing like a good dose of hyperbole in the morning to get you started.

    Menopaws discusses race where the issue is true. Unfortunately, when talking about the Republican party, race is easily a part of the subject.
    ___________________________________________________

    Well…nothing like a good case of misquoting to get you started. Hyperbole aside, I have come to expect nothing less of you and liberal ideologes like you.

    Menopaws piles the race issue into nearly any issue that arises. By your standard, the rising and setting of the sun might easily meet your joint qualifications for another of Menopaws racial rants.

  105. ehill, you obvious need a lesson on reading. Another liberal who refuses to read the truth. CT8 was not implying that republicans think blacks are stupid. The point is that demokrats have been lying and scaring people (such as you) for years. Don’t worry, Romney won’t send people to take away your food stamps and welfare. Now go take your meds.

  106. SwordofPerseus says:

    Conc – why are you copy and pasting from a “let’s get Obama” web site? No one with a brain cares what this whacko Tom Lifson has to say.

    I can say the same thing; In a nutshell, poor, low information, white, middle aged Americans are being played by the Republicans. So you can imagine my frustration and impatience with ignorant knuckleheads who trash me for being a Progressive.

    Pazzo242 said; “He(Obama) promised that he wouldn’t allow lobbyists in his staff, or money in his funds. That was in 2007, as it stands today the President has accepted millions of dollars from lobbyists and special interest groups.”
    Well Pazzo to not have “money in your funds” simply is not a wise policy when you are running for political office and I am sure you are misinformed on several other facts. First of all you seem to be describing Congress. Second Mitt Romney is a registered lobbyist, he is receiving hundreds of millions of dollars from just a few dozen billionaires. Mr. Obama was a community organizer and knows how to build coalitions, unfortunately he has misplaced his trust in the deceitful obstructionist Republican party. Nearly everything he has proposed to put the economy back on track has been opposed by the Republicans. Remember the debt ceiling crisis, caused by the wingnut Teabaggers, who nearly collapsed the economy, again. Republicans are dangerous to America, much more so than the Democrats anyway. Romney/Ryan has noting for people like you and I.

  107. SwordofPerseus says:

    Frosty – learn English.

  108. That article was written by a black man.

    If you are going to comment on his words, at least click the link and read the full article.

  109. sumyungboi says:

    Sword, you’re a racist, we get it. What I don’t understand is why you insist on injecting you personal racism in so many of your comments.

  110. BeerBoy wrote: oldoc – I’m thinking you are giving menopaws a whole heck of a lot of credit for creating a meme that the GOP is the Party of Privilege White Men. All you have to do is a brief google search to find that there are many, many, many articles written by many, many, many people that comment upon this perception. And….if that is too much work, you can just view the political comics on the TNT to see the same thing.
    ________________________________________________________

    If you are unable to see the hate boil out of Menopaw’s comments you are a great deal less perceptive than I thought. I certainly recognize a liberal mind’s skewed concept of the makedup of the GOP but give it little, if any, practical credence whether it is found on the net or in the funny papers. I do not view Menopaw’s tragic racism as symbolic of the Democrat party nor typical of all liberals. Yet aligning yourself with one who espouses such hateful views casts some real doubt as to your predisposition toward racism.

  111. “Maybe it [the GOP] is not getting whiter and whiter all the time. Facts have never been your strong suit.”

    OK, here are a few facts for you:

    Since 1952, the percentage of blacks who call themselves Republicans has declined from 18% to 4%.

    Since 2000, the number of black Republicans nominated for federal office has declined from 24 to 11.

    Since 2004, the number of black delegates at the GOP convention has declined from 167 to 47.

    http://www.jointcenter.org/sites/default/files/upload/research/files/Blacks%20and%20the%202012%20Republican%20National%20Convention.pdf

    As I said, the GOP is getting whiter and whiter all the time, while the voting population in this country is becoming more and more diverse. No wonder the GOP wants to reinstate the Jim Crow laws.

  112. “CT8 was not implying that republicans think blacks are stupid.”

    No, of course not. He was just claiming that black people are too stupid to realize that they’re being played.

  113. Sop, Lloyd Marcus.

    Of course you do not want to hear what he has to say. You want to bury your head in the sand.

  114. but, but, but, but….here is a black man who supports the GOP!!!!!!!!! And that trumps everything written by anyone else, including other black writers!!!!!!

    “There was two kind of slaves. There was the house negro and the field negro. The house negro, they lived in the house, with master. They
    dressed pretty good. They ate good, cause they ate his food, what he left.
    They lived in the attic or the basement, but still they lived near their
    master, and they loved their master, more than their master loved
    himself. They would give their life to save their masters house quicker
    than their master would. The house negro, if the master said “we got a
    good house here” the house negro say “yeah, we got a good house here”.
    Whenever the master would said we, he’d say we. That’s how you can
    tell a house negro. If the master’s house caught on fire, the house negro
    would fight harder to put the blaze out than the master would. If the
    master got sick, the house negro would say “What’s the matter, boss, we
    sick?” We sick! He identified himself with his master, more than the
    master identified with himself. And if you came to the house negro and
    said “Let’s run away, Let’s escape, Let’s separate” the house negro would
    look at you and say “Man, you crazy. What you mean separate? Where
    is there a better house than this? Where can I wear better clothes than
    this? Where can I eat better food than this?” There was that house
    negro. In those days, he was called a house nigger. And that’s what we
    call him today, because we still got some house niggers runnin around
    here. This modern house negro loves his master. He wants to live near
    him. He’ll pay three times as much as the house is worth just to live near
    his master, and then brag about “I’m the only negro out here. I’m the
    only one on my job. I’m the only one in this school.” “You’re nothing but
    a house negro. And if someone come to you right now and say “Let’s
    separate.”, you say the same thing that the house negro said on the
    plantation. “What you mean separate? From America? This good white
    land? Where you gonna get a better job than you get here? I mean, this
    is what you say! “I di-I ain’t left nothing in Africa” That’s what you say.
    “Why, you left your mind in Africa”. On that same plantation, there was
    the field negro. The field negro, those were the masses. There was
    always more negros in the field as there were negros in the house. There
    negro in the field caught hell. He ate leftovers. In the house, they ate
    high up on the hog. The negro in the field didn’t get nothing but what
    was left in the insides of the hog. They call them chit’lins nowaday. In
    those days, they called them what they were, guts! That’s what you
    were, a guteater. And some of you are still guteaters. The field negro
    was beaten, from morning til night. He lived in a shack, in a hut. He
    wore cast-off clothes. He hated his master. I say, he hated his master. He was intelligent. That house negro loved his master. But that field negro, remember, they were in the majority, and they hated their master. When the house caught on fire, he didn’t try to put it out, that
    field negro prayed for a wind. For a breeze. When the master got sick, the field negro prayed that he died. If someone come to the field negro and said “Let’s separate, let’s run.” He didn’t say “Where we going?” he
    said “Any place is better than here”

    Malcolm X

  115. Did I say it trumped anything? No, but the fact that he is black adds a level of credibility that a white author would not have when talking about black issues.

    What were you implying with that quote? Save your response, it is obvious (and pretty classless).

  116. “talking about black issues.”

    So there are no “white issues”, only “black issues”. And you wonder why conservatives have a reputation for being racists?

  117. He was discussing race and politics. Specifically, why African Americans are wrong to vote dem. He was talking about issues in the African American community. Acknowledging that is just stating a neutral fact.

    Better? Only you can interpret anything above as racially negative (unless you are talking about meno).

    You do not want to this get debated because blacks are a loyal voting block for dems. The fact that leftist policies have done zero good for black families, youth, and businesses is something you wish could be buried.

    Looking back at the speakers in Tampa, or conservatives appreciation of people Cain, West, Condi, etc it is clear that only dems have an issue with race. Heck, look at the admiration of the author in my link by people on a conservative website.

  118. aislander says:

    There’s no way of winning this argument with a lib. If you discuss it, you’re racist. If you don’t discuss it, well then you’re racist.

    Issues are easy for libs because they have no integrity.

  119. Ehill, https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZAG_enUS454US454&q=black+issues

    But yes, there are no “white issues” as of today (unless you ask meno).

    https://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4GZAG_enUS454US454&q=black+issues#hl=en&rlz=1T4GZAG_enUS454US454&sclient=psy-ab&q=white+issues&oq=white+issues&gs_l=serp.3..0i7l4.175536.176345.0.177427.5.5.0.0.0.2.348.1235.0j1j2j2.5.0.les%3B..0.0…1c.zg1AMb9CfJ0&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&fp=929b67b53a5edd0a&biw=1441&bih=621

    First link is to the WH.

  120. Nice try at deflecting attention away from your usage of “black issues.” Think anyone noticed? LOL

  121. How was that deflecting. There is no “code” in that term, especially when the subject is as PC as voting preferences.

    Nice try. I just proved you are racebaiting and shallow.

  122. menopaws says:

    CT8,oldoc,clamto*, find me a Democrat bither—then we’ll talk about which party is racist….Frosty–I don’t get a welfare check–we do quite nicely, thank you…Have our own broker and are invested on Wall street……with a 30% return under Obama–far better than Bush and company ever produced………..Must be nice to pigeon hole people according to your own prejudices…..Not as wealthy as Romney, but more money than you…And, we are still voting Democrat–we earned our money and appreciate the opportunities that our education gave us…..
    Now, I bring up race because I believe it has everything to do with why people hate Obama…….Only they don’t have the guts to be honest, so the Muslim , socialist, birther cover comes out….Nothing like a racist Republican–don’t even have the courage of their convictions with that—have to hide behind other name-calling games…the party of wussdom……..But, then, that is the name of their game…so, call me a racist—I resent cowardly white jerks……..Prefer those people who represent America’s future……not those wallowing in it’s past…….Have a good Labor Day…and save your insults….I don’t really care what you think……Frosty–match our investments against yours any day anytime….

  123. Some racist likes to forget that the birther movement was started by Clinton supporters. I guess they were not dems?

    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53563.html

  124. beerBoy says:

    Yes….it was the Hillary campaign that brought up the birther issue – and almost immediately stopped. The Pottiest of the Tea Potters then picked it up and ran with it. But it is Mitt who just recently brought it up again and then attempted to pretend that he hadn’t.

  125. “There is no “code” in that term, especially when the subject is as PC as voting preferences.”

    Now you’re claiming that “voting preferences” is a “black issue”?

    Is it any wonder why so many people see the GOP as a bunch of racists? You’re proving it with almost every post.

  126. aislander says:

    beerBoy writes: “Yes…it was the Hillary campaign that brought up the birther issue…”

    …just as it was the Gore campaign that raised the Willie Horton accusation against Dukakis.

    When you are looking for original racism, think Democrat!

  127. Ehill, you are just coming off as arrogant and childish.

    Bb, the Hillary supporters stopped when she lost. Aside from a joke or two based on the controversy, the only time I hear the birther issue mentioned is from the left on this blog.

  128. LeePHilI says:

    Who was boasting about Romney’s edge with “white male” votes in another thread a couple of days ago? Oh yeah…CT…..

  129. LeePHilI says:

    “Bb, the Hillary supporters stopped when she lost. Aside from a joke or two based on the controversy, the only time I hear the birther issue mentioned is from the left on this blog.”

    FALSE. Hillary’s campaign dropped the birth certificate crap immediately after it broke.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama_citizenship_conspiracy_theories

    I guess CT doesn’t listen to The Donald or Sheriff Shotbadly in Arizona, even though he quotes them on other issues….

  130. No Hill, I do not follow the birther rumors. You seem quite obsessed with it.

    And discussing demographic trend is code? Come on.

  131. Clamat0 says:

    Yet another Republican claiming that blacks are stupid. And you wonder why people say that Republicans are racist?

    Yet another democrat demonstrating hasty generalization and argumentum ad nauseam fallacies – two favorite illogical fallacies commonly employed by the unscrupulous.

    And you wonder why PEW found democrats to be significantly less informed than Republicans.

  132. LeePHilI says:

    CT – so you cover your eyes when reading about The Donald and The Sheriff?

    I didn’t say it was code. But if anyone brings up race, you usually go into convulsions, regardless of the context.

    I’m just amused at someone making a big deal that Democrats don’t know Republican talking points as well as Republicans. Sort of like someone saying that an atheist doesn’t “know as much” about “God” as a religionist.

    Well duuuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhh……

  133. The only convulsions here were from an admitted racist.

    The rest of your post was worthless.

  134. SwordofPerseus says:

    As far off topic as this thread has wandered I don’t think Magellan could find his way back to the topic from the last threads.

    The topic of this writers letter was; “Republicons have to lie”, the truth makes them look like traitors. No one has bothered to try to deny this.

    Kooky.

  135. Sop, first off the author is advocating for the press to attack the republican candidates (like they already are not). Second, the claims of lies were addressed on a similar letter. The claims of lies are so weak it is laughable. The truly dangerous lies were from BHO promising the world even though any reasonable person could see he did not have a plan or really care.

    The same suckers are still cheering for him

  136. aislander says:

    A call for reason from a Che Guevara wannabe…

    Kooky indeed.

  137. averageJose says:

    LMAO… yes, “kooky”

    …just as it was the Gore campaign that raised the Willie Horton accusation against Dukakis.
    When you are looking for original racism, think Democrat!

    … as usual.

  138. ctdrules says:

    Pretty simple, liberalism is a mental disease so rant away. Your whining won’t get BO re-elected. History will so him to be the worst president every and just when we thought no one could be worse than Carter.

  139. beerBoy says:

    All this Denial….one would think that you Rightists were in Egypt worshipping the River.

  140. beerBoy says:

    Deny, Obfuscate, Counteraccuse…….yep….you boys have got it down!

  141. Sword of As far off topic as this thread has wandered I don’t think Magellan could find his way back to the topic from the last threads.

    The topic of this writers letter was; “Republicons have to lie”, the truth makes them look like traitors. No one has bothered to try to deny this.

    Kooky.
    _______________________________________________________

    OK, I’ll give it a go…..I deny it. Now, you prove the accusation.

  142. LeePHilI says:

    This is off topic, but relates to someone/something discussed in the past few days….

    http://nation.foxnews.com/dinesh-dsouza/2012/09/01/dinesh-d-souza-takes-pig-maher-over-2016-obama-s-america?intcmp=fly

    Now, I’m just wondering when old “fair and balanced” is going to call D’Souza a pig…..

    Having watched the live feed of this “debate”, D’Souza is classic conservative – pulling one baseless assertion after another out of his keester (duly noted by Maher) and pretending they are “facts”.

    Fond memories of a noted few on this forum…..

  143. “Ehill, you are just coming off as arrogant and childish.”

    what an excellent job of refuting the point being made!

  144. “Yet another democrat demonstrating hasty generalization and argumentum ad nauseam fallacies – two favorite illogical fallacies commonly employed by the unscrupulous.”

    Yet another outstanding job of refuting the point geing made.

  145. “A call for reason from a Che Guevara wannabe”

    more name-calling from aiSlander. How unusual.

  146. Make a logical point first. Your commentary is unearned and worthless.

  147. aislander says:

    Hey, if someone posts “the time for protest is over” and “keep your powder dry,” one must believe he fancies himself a revolutionary. All you loons love to wear Che on your chests, so…

  148. Yet another outstanding job of refuting the point geing made.

    Ohhhh… then I’ll modify my response. Since “the point geing [sic] made” is a singular, false point, your hasty generalization and argumentum ad nauseam fallacies combine to become a syllogistic fallacy – specifically a fallacy of exclusive premises.

    And all in four sentences.

    Nice job, e, truly memorable. You are the undisputed king of fallacious argument.

    Now how about four topical fallacies in less than five sentences – that would be monumental…. but completely within the limits of your… ability, I’m sure.

  149. Make that “exclusive premise“.

  150. “Your commentary is unearned and worthless.”

    thank you for the excellent example of the term “projection.”

  151. “the point geing [sic] made” is a singular, false point”

    Because you say so. Riiiiiight.

  152. I see you have given up. Good.

  153. LeePHilI says:

    ::::waiting for CT’s “I’m rubber and you’re glue”::::::

  154. beerboy’s quote perfectly describes the African American love affair with the democratic party. They will provide a pittance of support and put food in their mouths. Today it’s called “Obama’s stash”.

  155. menopaws, so you get a “30% return on investments”? OF COURSE YOU DO !! You’re a racist in sheeps’s clothing, admit it. BTW, I have a $500.000 house, paid for, three cars, paid for, three kids graduated from college, without a loan, paid for. So I’m quite content with my lot in life, unlike you, a miserable, insufferable whiner.

  156. Clamat0 says:

    Because you say so. Riiiiiight.

    LOL, you mean as opposed to your constant stating fallacious misconception(s) as fact?

  157. SOP, My typos are not an indication that I don’t know english. My comments obviously made an impression on you or you wouldn’t waste your precious time commenting on them. What you and your cohorts need is a dose of common sense. Something that is missing with liberals. Have you figured out how to retrieve that termite with a twig from a tree stump yet? You people are the epitome of the “missing link”.

  158. hansgruber says:

    Is this one of Paul Ryan’s lies?

    Janesville Assembly Plant is an automobile factory owned by General Motors located in Janesville, Wisconsin. Opened in 1919, it was the oldest operating GM plant when it was largely idled in December 2008, and ceased all remaining production in April 2009.

    Looks preety acurate to me. Gee I though President Obama was President in April of 2008?

  159. hansgruber says:

    April of 2009

  160. Reason_enemy_of_faith says:

    I wonder if they had to call in paramedics to look at Joe Wilson who must have appeared to be seizing from shouting “You Lie!”, “You Lie” every couple of seconds at each speaker.

    It was also interesting that Romney didn’t even thank nor mention the 68,000 US troops AT WAR! POS!!

  161. aislander says:

    Joe would have been fine, but I’m certain that credulity will be strained at the Democrat confab…

  162. “LOL, you mean as opposed to your constant stating fallacious misconception(s) as fact?”

    What a great job of refuting my point. You truly are an intellectual giant.

  163. aislander says:

    Do you have macros that allow you to repeat the same vacuous phrases simply by touching single keys?

    Or perhaps you are able to type them without ever engaging your brain…

    …because actually thinking about that stuff would insult your OWN intelligence, as it does to that of everyone on the forum.

  164. nascar9 says:

    What lies????

  165. beerBoy says:

    Do you have macros that allow you to repeat the same vacuous phrases simply by touching single keys?

    Those who live in glass houses…….

  166. Ehill wrote: What a great job of refuting my point. You truly are an intellectual giant.
    _________________________________________________________

    Ehill taking the high road???? Difficult to believe!

  167. Going back to the LTE, this video does a great job showing that 4 years later he has fixed nothing, in BHOs own words.

    http://www.conservativenationnews.com/2012/09/powerful-new-romney-campaign-ad-hits.html?m=1

  168. Clamat0 says:

    What a great job of refuting my point. (Gratuitous insult omitted.)

    Hey that’s not fair! (And we all know how you libs love to play fair.) How can anyone ever “refute” a so-called point of yours when you’ve never managed to pull a single one from your rather dull quiver.

    You’re a veritable Oblio.

    What you need is a trip to the Pointless Forrest… you and your dog Arrow.

  169. menopaws says:

    Curious frosty how you did sooooo damn well since you can’t spell……Must have inherited it, I guess……..But, since you talked about me waiting for my welfare check, you bozo–you are fair game……..
    Fun watching all the irate righties screaming their limited brains out over all those pasty white faces at the convention………think that arrow hit dead center judging by the angry, frantic reactions………..Whatever happens with this election—even smart Republicans say this party had better change or they will cease to be a power in the future………….Jeb Bush knows it, Michael Steele knows it…..the census bureau spelled it out……..Those minorities are going to be the majority very soon…..Better find your voter ID–you are going to need it! Hah!

  170. Sure you earned that personal ‘stock broker’ you love to talk about with your punctuation skills.

    Keep ignoring Condi, Love, Cruz, Haley, Davis, Fortuno. I can understand if you missed them while watching MSNBC, they cut them all out minus Haley.

    Watching racists like you spaz is priceless. You know Ryan dated a black woman? Hope that gets you fired up.

  171. SwordofPerseus says:

    Some lies from the Ryan speech for ya oldoc. —

    1. “A downgraded America.” Ryan blamed the president for the nation’s credit downgrade in August 2011 after Republicans threatened to allow the government to default on its debt for the first time in history. But the ratings agency explicitly blamed “Republicans saying that they refuse to accept any tax increases as part of a larger deal.”

    2. “More debt than any other president before him, and more than all the troubled governments of Europe combined.” Romney has made the almost identical claim, that Obama has amassed more debt “as almost all of the other presidents combined.” But their math doesn’t add up: when Obama took office, the national debt was $10.626 trillion. It has increased to slightly above $15 trillion.

    3. “$716 billion, funneled out of Medicare by President Obama.” Ryan’s favorite lie is a deliberate distortion of Obamacare’s savings from eliminating inefficiencies. Furthermore, Ryan’s own plan for Medicare includes these savings. Romney has vowed to restore these cuts, which would render the trust fund insolvent 8 years ahead of schedule.

    4. Obama “did exactly nothing” on Bowles-Simpson. Ryan said, “He created a bipartisan debt commission. They came back with an urgent report. He thanked them, sent them on their way, and then did exactly nothing.” In fact, Ryan was instrumental in sabotaging the commission, leading the other House Republicans in voting against the plan.

    The lies will continue as long as the Republicons campaign, at least the Democrats are fighting back for a change. The outcome of this election (barring election fraud via electronic voting machines) will depend on turnout. If the Dems sit at home that’s the only hope Romney has.

  172. SwordofPerseus says:

    Conc – you really don’t understand current events do you? Rice and the other “tokens” you try to use as an example that African Americans have some contribution to the Republican party platform is laughable. Have you read what Micheal Steel has been saying lately? “You just don’t get it do ya Scott?” And to preemptively point out to the above trolls, it is not racist to point out the truth, no matter how politically incorrect it might be.

  173. “Do you have macros that allow you to repeat the same vacuous phrases simply by touching single keys?”

    You seem to.

  174. “you’ve never managed to pull a single one from your rather dull quiver.”

    Message – messenger. Ring a bell?

  175. 1. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/05/downgrade-us-standard-and-poors_n_919867.html

    You are re-writing history. “S&P said that it had changed its view “of the difficulties of bridging the gulf between the political parties” over a credible deficit reduction plan.”

    We still do not have a credible deficit reduction plan. Did you read the budget BHO proposed? LOL!

    2. He has accumilated more debt than any other previous president. Fact. Also, some of Bush’s last year’s deficit was paid back (TARP).

    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57400369-503544/national-debt-has-increased-more-under-obama-than-under-bush/

    3. Romney said he would leave the money in Medicare. Period.

    4. Obama sabotaged S-B from the start by taking healthcare off the table. That aside, what did he do with it? Was it in his next budget proposal? Nope. Has he pushed any of the findings?

    “Tokens”? You wish.

  176. Ehill, do you think you are funny in your responses? Honest question.

  177. Clamat0 says:

    Did you find your “point” yet , Oblio?

    Doesn’t look like it.

  178. SwordofPerseus says:

    conc – S&P downgraded the credit rating because of inaction by Congress, not Obama, read the article conc! Ya DA.

    Next try math, second grade level is all you need to see you are WRONG, again. Debt increased by %88 under Bush from $5,943,438,563,436 to $10,699,804,864,612 nearly doubling in eight years. Having to add the doughnut hole, and the two unfunded wars and two occupations from the previous wreckless, irresponsible, former administration, well that shot the hole in the debt, god you are thick.

    Next, Lyin’ Ryan said in his speech, right below it says Romney’s own policy contradicts Ryan’s lie.

    Next Ryan led the charge to sabotaged Simpson Bowels then blames failure on Obama, how is that possible in the real world where the truth matters? Oh that is how it works in conc’s world. You are entitled to your opinions conc., but I insist that you stick to the facts for arguments with any merit.

  179. From your post above “More debt than any other president before him”

    In absolute terms, is that correct? YES. Fact. And even with a massive course correction today, would he not be the biggest in four years if not for his loss in Nov? Did anybody add a qualifier? Nope. So nice try.

    There if our spending was not out of control, economy flatlined, and the dems (both congress and WH) not ramming massive policy through in a partisan basis, perhaps BHO and Harry would get some help. These new congressmen were hired to represent their districts, that want less spending and debt. Welcome to the real world, where elections and BHOs past actions have consequences.

    There is enough blame to go around for the downgrade, but personally I feel it tilts in the left’s direction. You will never agree, so save it.

  180. Clamat0 says:

    Speaking of “lies”, SwoPPy:

    1. Ryan blamed the president for the nation’s credit downgrade…

    Uhh, no he didn’t. He simply articulated the fact it occurred on 0bama’s watch.

    Applicable full-text passage from Ryan’s Speech (referring to 0bama’s term):

    It began with a financial crisis; it ends with a job crisis.

    It began with a housing crisis they alone didn’t cause; it ends with a housing crisis they didn’t correct.

    It began with a perfect Triple-A credit rating for the United States; it ends with a downgraded America.

    It all started off with stirring speeches, Greek columns, the thrill of something new. Now all that’s left is a presidency adrift, surviving on slogans that already seem tired, grasping at a moment that has already passed, like a ship trying to sail on yesterday’s wind.

    2. “More debt than any other president before him, and more than all the troubled governments of Europe combined.”

    Nice distortion of what he said, SwoPPY. Seems that wasn’t exactly the quote you naughty boy. Try this (again, full-test passage fro the speech):

    “By his own decisions President Obama has added more debt than any other president before him, and more than all the troubled governments of Europe combined.”

    See… when you include the operative word ADDED, Ryan’s statement becomes the undeniable fact that it is.

    3. Ryan’s favorite lie is a deliberate distortion of Obamacare’s savings from eliminating inefficiencies.

    Seems the libs have conveniently forgotten this:

    http://www.healthcarebs.com/2011/03/05/video-hhs-secretary-admits-to-double-counting-on-obamacare-funding/

    Furthermore, Ryan’s own plan for Medicare includes these savings.

    LMAO, to say that is to completely ignore the fact that it was you libs who started this brouhaha by falsely claiming Ryan’s plan “cut Medicare”!. Republicans, and Ryan, merely pointed out the fact that 0bamacare shifts nearly the exact amount out of Medicare as Ryan’s proposed shift to a Medicare trust fund.

    Try again.

    4. In fact, Ryan was instrumental in sabotaging the commission, leading the other House Republicans in voting against the plan.

    Once again, totally disingenuous recollection of facts and events.

    Ryan is right, 0bama, the do-nothing empty chair, did next to nothing after Simpson-Bowles was presented to him – ask Erskine Bowls:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9kOP8ORAK0

    0bama has obviously been totally out to lunch on debt reduction. His so-called “plan” is the legislative equivalent of a not very funny joke. His commitment to debt reduction is half hearted at best, and verges on misleading. And he obviously used the debt commission as a ruse to duck the issue for as long as he could. For roughly a year before he decided to pass on the Simpson-Bowles recommendations, he held up the commission process as his primary response to the debt, promising to take it serious. “This can’t be one of those Washington gimmicks that lets us pretend we solved a problem,” he said in the 2010 State of the Union address (wherein he didn’t even mention SB even though he’d had the report for nearly two months). But as it turns out, that’s exactly what it was.

    Maybe Ryan isn’t the most logical “messenger” when it comes to exposing 0bama’s unwillingness to lead on deficit reduction, given his involvement with the SB panel and his subsequent correct vote against the plan on the grounds it doesn’t tackle healthcare. But the “message” is still true and irrefutable.

  181. And good job with the bold

    Next time you are spinning the truth and misquoting people, do it in plain text.

    Good post Clam. They will use all the same lies next week anyway….

  182. beerBoy says:

    Chief GOP Strategist BLASTS Romney & Ryan – ” At some point the truth should matter!”

    http://xrepublic.tv/node/176

    Ryan caught lyin’ about how fast he can run a marathon.

    Paul Ryan, Mitt Romney’s vice-presidential nominee, recently claimed to have run a marathon in less than three hours: “Under three, high twos. I had a two hour and fifty-something,” he said in a radio interview.
    [....]
    Runner’s World investigated Ryan’s claim – which is quite easy to do, because all marathon times are recorded – and discovered that in 1991 the then 20-year-old Ryan ran the “Grandma’s Marathon” in Duluth, Minnesota, in a time of 4hr 1m 25sec.

    http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tomchiversscience/100179077/paul-ryan-imaginary-marathon-man/

  183. beerBoy says:

    GOP – “We Made This Up”

  184. beerBoy says:

    Mitt the Flip (flopper) and Lyin’ Ryan.

    Obama is bad
    Romney is worse.

  185. That was deep.

  186. menopaws says:

    Two things: first, I keep hearing about all my claims of racism being sooooo far from reality and just my issue……..My “hate”, I believe it was called………Glenn smith and James Morre “A Legitimate President or a New American Apartheid”, Huffington Post, about making it difficult for both the elderly and people of color to vote and letting white male southern voters control this election…….Many other people are VERY worried about this move to dis-infranchise voters of color.
    Second: the deficit numbers under Obama INCLUDE the war costs. President Bush NEVER put those numbers in. So, I guess being honest is not the best policy in the Republican land of fantasy accounting, correct? Punishing this President for including those costs–wow!!!! As we speak, accountants are laughing at those who choose “creative” accounting to record their debts………

  187. SwordofPerseus says:

    clammy- I see you have the same difficulty with math that CT8 does. You also have a penchant for blurring the facts with mulitsyllabic words. Ryan and Romney are both liars, period. It is obvious we will never agree as to who should win the election in November. That said I am sure that the Republicons will spend like no tomorrow to but the election, hopefully to no avail.

  188. SwordofPerseus says:

    wow typing in BOLD

  189. Clamat0 says:

    To match your “bold” proclamations.

    Unfortunately your shade of bold is as transparent as unfiltered light.

    Ryan and Romney are both liars, period. Neener-neener-neener, take that.

    LMAO! Yeah, very convincing.

  190. Can someone prove war costs were not included in debt numbers? I believe that is completely incorrect.

  191. aislander says:

    Those ‘crats must REALLY be racists, meno, since one must show photo ID THREE TIMES to get into their convention.

  192. Ortingmom says:

    Fact check: Rob McKenna’s critics omit full story on budget. People face it, both sides lie.

  193. Menopaws wrote:Second: the deficit numbers under Obama INCLUDE the war costs. President Bush NEVER put those numbers in. So, I guess being honest is not the best policy in the Republican land of fantasy accounting, correct? Punishing this President for including those costs–wow!!!! As we speak, accountants are laughing at those who choose “creative” accounting to record their debts………
    ___________________________________________________

    Menopaws would be wise to check the history of the use of Supplemental budget requests to fund ongoing military operations before suggesting that the practice is limited to the Bush administration. Supplementals were used in WWII, Korea, and Vietnam by Republican as well as Democrat administrations. If the need arises, we can expect the Obama administration to avail itself of the same budgetary expediancy.

  194. Great letter, Lawrence, although you do notice that the miscreants just come out of the woodwork when you mutter the word lies from the GOP. They didn’t seem to mind when Bush lied us into a war. You have Ryan backtracking like crazy right now, trying to erase his “performance.” I find it funny that all the right wingers blame the entire debt of this country on President Obama. President Bush NEVER funded the war, or never in print anyway. President Obama said at the beginning of his presidency that the cost of those Dandy little wars would be a part of the budget, as they should have been in the first place. NOW all the “Oh what are we leaving our children with” blowhowards come out shrieking about the debt. Must be great to be able to live in complete ignorance when you choose to and then to be able to denounce bald-face lies as TRUTHS. Truth is not partisan, it is not debatable and obviously, proving falsehoods doesn’t matter when the blind truly are leading the blind.

  195. LeePHilI says:

    “Ortingmom says:
    Sep. 4, 2012 at 9:55 am Fact check: Rob McKenna’s critics omit full story on budget. People face it, both sides lie.”

    How can you lie if you don’t say anything about the subject?

  196. MyBandito says:

    These are obviously bold-face lies.

  197. Menopaws, I did pretty well in spite of lack of keyboarding skills. While you were sitting on your butt taking typing lessons in trade school, I was in the military fixing tanks. Not much use for a typist on a M-88 tank retriever. As for inheriting anything, the only thing I left home with at the age of 17 was a change of clothing. As for your loathing of people with “pasty white faces”, it would do you well to remember the color of the faces that saved your rear-end from the gulag. The faces that went into Normandy, Okinawa, IwoJima and many other places were for the most part ALL white. So you need to get help for your lack of self worth. Get out of your trailer once in a while and get some air. 30% interest on your investments indeed!!

  198. menopaws, unlike you liberals, I have an I.D., I’m not concerned about proving that I’m eligible to vote, I’m not a convicted criminal, I am an American citizen and I, unlike you democrats, will cast only one vote. Again, while you’re out getting a little fresh air, ask your neighbor to give you a ride to the County-City building and get your I.D. Or use the one that you show when you cash your welfare check.

  199. SOP, aren’t you the word smithing guru who likes to point out other people’s mistakes? Question, on your Sep. 3rd 0835 comment you mentioned “Simpson-Bowels”, were you talking about Simpson’s bowels? If so, just for clarity, what does his “bowels” have to do with this subject? I’m trying to be polite for a change while I roll my eyes and laugh.

*
We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

JavaScript is required to post comments.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0