Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

WASHAM: County voters need to wise up

Letter by Kathy Morgan, Tacoma on June 29, 2012 at 11:47 am with 9 Comments »
June 29, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: “Washam plan alarms county” (TNT, 6-28).

What is wrong with Dale Washam? And he is running again for Pierce County assessor-treasurer?

Wake up, voters. Do not vote for him. I could probably do a better job if I ran and then won. At least I would listen to my employees and accept guidance from them. I also would not require them to send me their e-mail correspondence.

He barely escaped a recall. Let’s not give him a second opportunity to try and bankrupt the county.

1. CrazyJim says:

No comments? Everyone agrees then. I know I do.

2. philichi says:

Elect Washam and fire the complaining employees. Problem is fixed.

3. PierceCountyVoter says:

Philichi–this is your solution? Let’s cost the county even MORE money. Why can’t the man just do the job he was elected to do? If he worked anywhere else, he would have been fired by now.

4. philichi says:

Correction, if he worked anywhere else, the employees wouldn’t whine and complain so much. They would be darn happy to have a job.

The way I see it is Washam was elected by us. These employees were there when he got there. They cant be fired. They spend their day, (my tax dollars) looking for reasons to complain.

Let him fire them and start over.

5. PierceCountyVoter says:

That seems to be the problem. He’s firing them without cause, and creating a hostile work environment. Would you work for him? Or, are you already in that office, and one of his faithful followers? Your tax dollars are spent settling lawsuits, broght on by this clown.

6. PierceCountyVoter says:

*brought*

7. philichi says:

stupid employment rules that allow a law suit for every termination.

8. PierceCountyVoter says:

What planet do you live on? You must think women are second class citizens, also. Are you sure your real name isn’t Albert Ugas?

9. philichi says:

So, if I support “fire at will rules” that means that I believe that women are second class citizens? You’ll have to discuss that with my wife and daughters.

These are public sector employees that are being paid well more than the average citizen of Tacoma. They probably get more days off, and more benefits. They are still not happy.

If you know the specifics please tell. Currently I will take the side of Washam. I refuse to take the opinion of the current one party establishment that has been running this city and county into the ground for years. My hunch is that Washam is a hero who is trying to clean a very corrupt house.