Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

OBAMA: Borders means nothing to president

Letter by Constance V. Walden, University Place on June 26, 2012 at 11:14 am with 13 Comments »
June 26, 2012 11:14 am

It is the duty of the president of the United States to protect this country’s borders.

Barack Obama has made it clear that protecting America’s borders means nothing to him. He does not care about protecting this country from illegal invasion. He outright refuses to. He is a globalist leading “forward leaning” liberals who dream of one worldism.

I did not vote for the man because I knew he would betray my country in the end.

Tags:
  1. bobcat1a says:

Under Obama, more deportation of aliens has occurred than under Bush or any other president. Deportations in 2011 were 25% higher than in 2007 and 10% higher than in 2008. We are on pace to deport 400,000 in 2012 which is what was budgeted for. There have been more deportations in Obama’s first three years than under GW Bush in his first six years.
    How many letters did you write attacking George Bush for his poor record on protecting our borders.

2. BlaineCGarver says:

BobCat, the proplem is not Obama’s. It goes back decades. The length of time has nop bearing on legality. Get them out of my country, and wallet. I promise you, if I was a left wing ‘Crat I would say the same thing. Pure idiocy to give illegals the run of a country.

3. Constance, it isn’t your country. It belongs to all 300 million of us.

4. The only ones that can do anything about immigration is Congress.

5. Candles16 says:

Constance, Constance, Constance
    How come you are so misinformed. The President has increased border enforcement and has increased deportation of illegals over the previous president.

Your letter says nothing about immigration, but says everything about how gullible you are. In fact if you are interested I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale …

You understand it is legal to lie on TV and political commercials, don’t you. Yet you seem to be absorbing lies like a sponge.
    Could it be you are getting your misinformation from the dishonest conservative media like Fox fake news, whose owner should lose his broadcast licenses for his companies illegal activities like bribing foreign governments like the UK.

6. lylelaws says:

Constance,

I think you are saying that it is time for some real “Hope and Change” and I couldn’t agree more.

Nobody has a magic wand that could solve all of America’s problems but electing Governor Romney would be a good step in the right direction.

And, while there are a number of good vice-presidential candidates, I can’t think of anyone I would rather see on the ticket than former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. Why?

Because she is a woman? No. Because she is an African American? No, but because no one would be more well prepared to step in and guide our country if something happened to our President in these troubled times.

7. Frankenchrist says:

What did Bush do for illegal immigration? What did the GOP do when they held both houses of Congress and the White House? Nothing, that’s what they did.

8. lylelaws says:

I have to admit that I didn’t read the writer’s comment carefully enough before I put in my two cents because the word “betray” should not have been included.

9. rooster_02 says:

Keep sending money to Zimmerman, Constance. He appreciates your support,

10. SwordofPerseus says:

Constance has her head buried as usual, not in the sand though…

11. Theefrinker says:

Actually ehill, this country only belongs to the really monetarily wealthy people. The rest of us are just here to keep bickering about topics such as “borders” while the non-affected wealthy folks talk business (mass layoffs, stock scandals, paying off politicians) atop their newly-customized yacht.

12. SandraKirstan says:

elect Romney he doesn’t have an opinion on the subject

13. LeePHill says:

When I said “false and baseless assertions”, I didn’t mean to cue your entrance, Lyle.

Rice, who was in her foreign affairs position on 9/11/01, when asked why a couple dozen terrorists could bring the US to its knees said “we were using the previous administration’s terrorism policy”.

Want more of that? Remember Dick Cheney saying “if you elect John Kerry we will be attacked again”? Who was in office on 9/11/01?

Yeah, let’s return to the good old days of 9/11/01.