Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

ROMNEY: Past is relevant to character

Letter by Sacha Helling-Christy, Puyallup on May 16, 2012 at 3:47 pm with 252 Comments »
May 16, 2012 4:37 pm

According to Mitt Romney’s prep-school classmates, 18-year-old Romney gathered friends to pin down and forcibly cut the hair of a supposedly gay student. Some say this incident is of little importance today. After all, Romney was merely a child.

Other politicians engaged in immoral or illegal acts when they were young and foolish as well. Sadly, this argument sounds like “boys will be boys,” the belief that boys are capable of very little, so we should expect very little from them. With this sentiment, I whole-heartedly disagree.

Firstly, 18-year-old boys are not “boys” at all – they are men whom our country has deemed old enough to vote, go to war, etc. In other words, they are old enough to know better. I teach high school seniors, and I can guarantee that despite their occasional lapses in judgment, they do know right from wrong and what it means to bully and abuse.

Furthermore, although what other candidates have done, such as smoking and drinking, is not model behavior, they do not compare to tormenting another human being. What Romney did is of importance because it shows what he believes about those who are different from him. His actions as a younger man demonstrate his true character, who he is when the spotlight is not on him.

Lastly, the abuse that Romney inflicted upon someone he viewed as LGBT speaks volumes for the equality he will, or will not, guarantee for all Americans. We all deserve better.

Tags:
  1. concernedtacoma7 says:

We all deserve better than this letter.

No one knew the kid was gay. He did not even tell his sister about this event, so reason says he did not find it a big deal, anything greater then a high school prank.

This is a man who should be president. http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2007/dec/28/mitt-romney/romney-did-help-save-teen/

Doing coke is above and beyond a little smoking and drinking.

2. Oh Oh you’ve gone and brought up bad things about the rightists new man…mittens. They don’t like it when you bring truth and facts into it, makes them nervous. Makes some people think, and they HATE that!

I know two things about mittens, when his lips are moving, he is lying, when he gives that S eating grin, he KNOWS he is lying!

3. averageJoseph says:

Yes Sacha, the past IS relevant. So are the people you aligned yourself with…

4. RLangdon says:

People! People! People!

You DO NOT need to look into the youthful history of Mitt Romney, back to incidents that allegedly occurred when he was 18 years old.

Just look at what he has done since he has been in politics, as an adult. He has flip-flopped on almost every major issue in order to win votes. He is The Etch-A-Sketch Candidate. That’s reason enough not to vote for him. He cannot be trusted to tell the truth!

5. CT7,

First, Romney believed the person was gay and acted by committing assault and battery on that person. Today such action would be considered a hate crime.

Second, young Romney harassed at least one other fellow student he perceived to be gay by exclaiming ‘At girl etc whenever the other student spoke in class.

Third, there is the incident where Romney tricked a visually impaired teacher to walk unsuspectingly into a closed glass door.

All four incidents show that Romney was and still is a uncaring bully.

As admirable as the story in your post is, the bottom line is that Romney forced his employees to perform personal work beyond their job descriptions and for which they were not qualified.

Wonder how many searched for humanitarian reasons rather than they did not want to risk being fired or retaliated against if they did not volunteer.

And to be perfectly clear – the coke use and drinking applied to Bush and not to Obama.

6. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

He has flip-flopped on almost every major issue in order to win votes.

LMAO, why does this sound so very familiar at this very moment in time?

7. averageJoseph says:

LMAO… typical “progressive” double standard…

‘it’s not fair bringing up Obama’s past actions OR associations’, but ‘Mitt, when he was 18′ yadda yadda. (and that story has unraveled quite a bit since it was first embellished).

And the knee slapper is Mitt flip-flops… Obama “evolves”.

Can’t wait for the next display of “progressive” hypocrisy. Shouldn’t take long either.

8. averageJoseph says:

Xring, Obama wrote about it in one of his autobiographies. So you’re saying he’s a liar…

9. the3rdpigshouse says:

When do we start repeating the past tutoring of “OH-Bummer” by every known anti-American maggot in the country??!! How about a real “birth certificate” instead of a “certificate of live birt” which could have been obtained by anyone for anyone in the early statehood days in Hawaii??

10. concernedtacoma7 says:

Xring- ignoring your ignorance on BHO’s drug use, have you actually read the “I like to fire people” line in context?

Guess not. You are scared it might not make cute rhetoric.

11. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

Bill Clinton was a womanizer who “didn’t inhale” (LMAO), George W Bush was an alcoholic, 0bama snorted cocaine, smoked dope and stayed drunk and high for most of his formative years…

and George Washington chopped down a cherry tree.

‘Course, that was before tree-huggers.

If anyone thinks long-hairs didn’t get a lot of… attention back in 1965 – by everyone from school admin down to fellow students (not to mention cops) – they’re either too young, too ignorant, or too disingenuous to even comment on it now.

Or as Bob Seger put it (much later than the ’65, no less):

Most times you can’t hear ‘em talk,
    Other times you can
    All the same old cliches,
    “Is that a woman or a man?”
    And you always seem outnumbered,
    You don’t dare make a stand

Here I am …

The reference to “is that a woman or a man” is the most relevant lyric.

Long hair wasn’t even mildly socially acceptable here in Tacoma until the early 70’s. Anyone with long hair in the mid 60’s would have been assumed by most to be… effeminate (which was insulting at the time, for all you toucy-feely types). Did long hairs get harassed and called “sissies” 47 years ago? Damn right – and more than a few present-day liberal icons likely also took part.

Does it mean anything now? Are tree huggers after the Father of our Country for his youthful misdeeds?

Please, the desperate reaching by 0bamaites is truly getting to be pathetic.

12. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

And before I read any more phony outrage over how Romney’s youthful antics somehow should mean anything today, I have to ask the obligatory questions of the lefties here:

How do you feel about an Exhaulted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan?
    Robert Byrd?
    Teddy Kennedy?

Pretty “mean” stuff there too.

Until you can satisfactorily explain the preceding gross hypocrisy of the left (and too many more instances to mention in the allowed space and time), consider this just another non-story distraction of the 0bama re-election campaign and it’s MSM bootlickers.

13. RLangdon says:

Mitt Romney – The Etch-A-Sketch Candidate!

Turn it over! Shake it up! And he can say anything he wants regardless of what he said during the Primaries.

That really says it all, and that original designation came from Romney own campaign manager!!!

By the way…

Mitt Romney is so dumb….

How dumb is he?

He’s so dumb he thinks Roe V. Wade are just two different ways to cross the Potomac River!

Badump Dum!

14. concernedtacoma7 says:

RL, not your best attempt at humor.

E-A-S = evolve.

15. averageJoseph says:

Excellent points Vox. More selective outrage from the “progressives”.

16. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

I remeber a guy by the name of Chuck Poole who had his air insured by Lloyds of London in the mid 60’s because he was so afraid of being jumped and buzzed.

At least one of our recently retired democrat city councilmen would have loved to have had a piece of ‘ol Chuck’s lovely mane back then – guaranteed.

17. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

Uhh, that first sentence should have read I remember a guy by the name of Chuck Poole who had his hair insured…

Senorita… mas sangria, por favor.

18. Frankenchrist says:

We already knew that Mitt Romney is a lying, draft-dodging weasel, but now we can add homophobic bully to his list of unsavory character traits.

19. vox – sounds familiar because Mitt is still flip-flopping faster then fox can keep up.

Bush is an alcoholic, pot smoking, cocaine addict who heard voices telling him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq.

When it comes to explaining left wing hypocrisy let us not forget the extensive right wing hypocrisy.

aJo – what I say is why excuse a 18-year old while condemning a nine year old adolescent who had just moved to a strange and forgien land. Or is this more neocon hyprorisy and double standards.

CT7
    first I am aware of both Obama and Bush’s drug use and that Bush was by far the bigger transgressor.

second, I am aware of the context of Romney’s statements and while they are enlighten they don’t scare me but they obviously scare you.

20. concernedtacoma7 says:

And I am sure no one here from the left has laughed at the jackass skits.

For you old people, ask your grand kids what I am talking about.

21. Dear God, help us all.

22. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

x, speaking of drugs…

Obama wrote rather wistfully of his drug (pot and cocaine) use. I’d love for you to link proof that Bush ever used drugs – an arrest record, an admittance, hell… even his pusher would do.

You can’t. So why do you insist on staying “low” with frankie and klueless? Carpet dust doesn’t taste so good.

Maybe I’m being unrealistic in my expectations, but at l think you can do better than what you’ve been showing lately.

BTW, is that your blog that you linked? Convincing stuff, x. It convinces me that anyone who believes that pap is beyond hope.

Canadian Mind Products Blog? LMAO, yeah that’s gotta’ be factual.

23. averageJoseph says:

No kidding Vox…

24. averageJoseph says:

yes we can nabis LOL!

25. RLangdon says:

Don’t be a Mitt-wit aj! Just try keepin it real!!

26. notimetobleed says:

I agree with this letter. I pulled a lot of pranks in HS too, but targeting a particular person because they did not “fit the mold”, pinning them down, and cutting their hair off, is never something that crossed my mind. That is just outright cruel. I would like to believe it is something that doesn’t cross most of our minds. Romney targeted this kid because he was different, whether he knew he was gay or not, this does speak to his character.

Today, what I think speaks to his character even more so, is that when all of Romney’s accomplices in this cruelty were interviewed about it, they all apologized on the record. One even did so directly to the victim before he died. But when Romney was asked about it, he “could not recall the incident”. Come on! I may have been born at night, but it wasn’t last night! He didn’t get punished for it then, doesn’t even admit it happened now, and isn’t sorry about it one bit. There is your Republican candidate ladies and gentleman.

If you were one of those that rallied for Bill Clinton’s impeachment and you are not upset about Romney’s lack of recall, I would say you are a hypocrite!

27. aislander says:

All this conjecture is based on the actuality of the event–which is in question.

The “victim’s” family denies that it happened. Romney doesn’t recall the incident, and it IS the sort of thing one would remember if involved. Hell, I remember the application of Liquid Heat to the nether regions of a kid caught…er…manipulating himself in the boys’ gym showers, and though I wasn’t directly involved, it achieved the sort of mythical status that sticks in the memory.

The fact that there is no subsequent event of similar nature leads one to believe that it was manufactured from whole cloth by the group of Dems who spread the tale…

28. RLangdon says:

aislander, You mean like the “Swift Boating” of John Kerry?

29. notimetobleed says:

@aislander. So you are saying Romney is being “Swiftboated”? Interesting??? I wonder who came up with such a tactic?

30. notimetobleed says:

RLangdon,

You type faster than me :-)

31. RLangdon says:

notimetobleed, and we all know who originated the Swiftboating tactic, don’t we?

aislander, would you care to provide the backstory on the original Swiftboaters? And then tell us what’s fair for the goose and not for the gander?

32. aislander says:

If I recall, Kerry has been relegated to irrelevancy. Why bother? After all, he is just a New Left snot who got himself a bath and some rich wives…

33. concernedtacoma7 says:

Notime- why did you leave out the fact that Mitt apologized? Even though the ‘victim’ is dead and he does not remember it, he made his peace.

Why would you only tell part of the story???

34. notimetobleed says:

I didn’t see where he had apologized? Sorry if I missed that, it was not intentional.

I just think that he should have copped to it and then apologized. It still woudl have been cruel, but at least he wouldn’t look such a a-hole.

It just kind of stinks is all. I don’t care if he is Dem or Rep, if he did indeed do this (and so far it looks as if he did) and then he can’t remember it…this does speak to his character.

If you did this to someone in HS, would you remember it?

35. concernedtacoma7 says:

This is the real Mitt. The one out of the spotlight not worrying about politics.

The real BHO used coke and got his wife a no-show job, never mind his poor grades and shady associates.

Ladies and gentelmen, the choice is simple. A charitable, honest businessman or a corrupt, failing Chicago politician. Vote for a real, good American or a TelePrompTer.

36. concernedtacoma7 says:

To answer your question, yes, I would remember it. Details? Maybe not. But the entire event? Yes.

Was the event a big deal? Front page news? Bigger story then the shrinking workforce? Fast and furious? No.

37. I agree with the letter writer, what they forgot to mention is that Romney could have acknowledged that it was a regrettable incident and that he has changed for the better as a person since that incident. Or something like that, even though he claims he doesn’t remember. And CT7? He did NOT apologize, he dismissed the issue.

38. harleyrider1 says:

Really people, 40-years ago? I’ve never met a perfect person until this letter write. When I was young, going to school, hanging out with friends, I did a few things I can say I wished I would not have done… now.

But then, those were all explained away, weren’t they?

39. Misunderestimated says:

Harley, Vox, et.al.,
    Please don’t confuse them with the facts; their tiny minds are already made up

40. GHTaxPayer says:

What’s really laughable is that the libs don;t realize that the “Mitt-beating-up-little-queer” story has already been debunked by the little queer’s own family !!

41. commoncents says:

I have no desire to vote for Romney – but I will not hold against him what he did when he was 18. Certainly he was of an adult age but there were things that I did at age 18 that were much much worse and I will not vilify anyone else for what they did at that age. I am not the person that I was at 18 and Mitt Romney is not either.

Doesn’t excuse the behavior and pointing out other peoples abhorrent behavior doesn’t change, minimize, or excuse it either. Simply points out that people are flawed. We make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. Some become major turning point in our lives and are remembered forever and others are so insignificant to what was going on in our lives at the time that we forget that they even occurred. Not suprising to me.

Much ado about nothing. I’d prefer to focus on his thoughts and attitudes now and in his recent political past. There is more than enough there to either decide to vote for him or against him.

42. “Long hair wasn’t even mildly socially acceptable here in Tacoma until the early 70′s. Anyone with long hair in the mid 60′s would have been assumed by most to be… effeminate (which was insulting at the time, for all you toucy-feely types). Did long hairs get harassed and called “sissies” 47 years ago? Damn right – and more than a few present-day liberal icons likely also took part.”

Someone is mixing up the Deep South with Tacoma. As someone who lived in Tacoma and went to school during the mid 60s I can safely say that this is the most contrived piece of hogwash that VOX has written to date on these threads. In 1963, as a student of Jason Lee, I played in a band with a guy with long hair. The only people opposing him were the teachers, who were told by his parents that it was none of their business. At the same time, there was a guy at Wilson who had shoulder length hair – it didn’t happen overnight, folks. Many more have various hair lengths, which became an issue only when conservative minded authoritarians stepped in.

43. “He did NOT apologize, he dismissed the issue.”

Exactly, Frida. In fact, he laughed about it. It’s all on video.

The smart thing to do would have been admitting his fault. It’s what Obama did with the drug issue and it kills the conservatives to this day.

44. charliebucket says:

nice letter sacha. abuse is abuse. holding someone down and cutting their hair off is abuse no matter how it is is spun as a prank. the only people who excuse it are those who accept abusive bullying behavior as normal and acceptable. hence the right wing defense of Romney’s PATTERN of abusive behavior that is coming to light.

45. vox – attack me all you want. that’s all you have going for you.

If Bush’s records were so clean, why did he have them sealed for 75 years?

Vote for Romney – the rich need us to borrow more money from China.

46. I beg pardon…..not video, but audio

47. “Was the event a big deal? Front page news? Bigger story then the shrinking workforce?”

Hey CT7 – if the “shrinking workforce” is the important issue, why is the Republican Majority House of Representatives spending so much time on bills about women’s health care and women’s protection that includes protection for other minorities? Every single day Boehner and Friends could be dealing with jobs and economy…..but NOOOOOO….

48. “I never ate a dog. I never did drugs. I never had friends who advocated the downfall of my Country. And, when I became a man, I never attended a racist church.

1. – Please provide proof of “ate dog”. Can’t, can you?

2. Never drank alcohol?????? Wonderful for you.

3. You’d better bone up on what Ayers really did. You are looking like a fool. Now, aside from a political meeting 25 years later, prove their friendship.

4. “Racist church” – that could qualify any church in many ways, but remember, you don’t have to attend church to be a racist. Some prove their racism by commenting in a newspaper blog. Tell us how you have never used racial invectives when talking with your friends.

49. charliebucket says:

as I was typing my reply I realized that it is the abusive insulting personally attacking bullies on this blog who are defending Romney. defending Romney by attacking the letter writer and by attacking Obama. go figure. that’s all they got.

50. averageJoseph says:

“manufactured from whole cloth”

I wonder if Dan Rather is invovled…

51. philichi says:

52. averageJoseph says:

No kidding phil.

53. Both sides can complain about each others presidents, whomever is elected, there will still be a bickering congress, high unemployment, etc., we just can’t get along!

54. tommy98466 says:

I didn’t even have to read this letter. All I had to do was see that the author had two last names. I’m sure its a hit piece on Romney and the writer is liberal. Who would have known. Pathetic.

55. charliebucket says:

tommy that is the most ridiculous logic ever. two last names, really? that’s your argument? where do you folks come up with this garbage?

pathetic is right. what a hateful, pathetic bunch conservatives are proving yourselves to be.

56. tommy missed Bush’s daughter on NBC. She uses two last names

57. “philichi says:
    May 17, 2012 at 8:49 am Romney must have a pretty clean record if all opposition research people could find is this.”

Unlike the Republicans, we don’t make up things to create volume.

Hey, Mr. P – wouldn’t you have loved to have been the person running the pension fund for that steel company, when Bain bankrupted the place? Neat trick isn’t it? Pension holders get hosed and Bain made money. If you didn’t hold part of Bain, you got hosed as a taxpayer also.

Clean record, indeed.

58. Since we are going to talk about “religion”, “past” and candidates…

59. “How do you feel about an Exhaulted Cyclops of the Ku Klux Klan?
    Robert Byrd?
    How about leaving the scene of a fatal accident without making an effort to save the life of the person who ultimately became the fatality?”

Hmmm….I wonder if either of those men would have gotten off the conservative hook by saying “I don’t recall those events”?

60. aislander says:

It is what it is…

61. alindasue says:

xring said, “Fourth, while this incidents occurred when Romney was just 18, the ‘I LIKE TO FIRE PEOPLE” statement occurred just this year.”

Usually your comments are pretty reasoned, which is why it surprises me that you would sink to using this fragment of a sentence taken grossly out of context to use as an argument in this issue. You know as well as I that he was talking about “hiring” or “firing” an insurance company depending on the customer service they provide and that he liked being able to choose a company that gives him better service. Reducing it to that one out of context fragment does nothing for the credibility of your argument.

When I first heard about the “bullying” incident, two things came to mind:

The first was the timing of this sudden revelation, just as it is becoming clear that Mitt Romney will be the Republican candidate for president. The “victim” is dead. His family doesn’t remember it. Mitt Romney doesn’t remember it, but apologized for it just in case.

In other words, we are talking about a case of hear-say accusations. There is no proof outside the words of a few “involved” people. The comparison to the “Swift Boat” incident here don’t sound too far off. The accusations in that case were proven false, but not until the after political damage had been done.

The second thought that came to my mind was “What year was it?” Although Vox_clemantis_in_deserto and I often find ourselves on opposing sides of debates, I do find myself agreeing with him in this case.

While we here on the “left coast” do tend to be more accepting of counter-culture types, Mitt Romney was a conservatively raised young man living in a conservative community. Unfortunately, in 1965 it was considered perfectly socially acceptable to go after a “long haired hippy freak” type person with a pair of scissors in many parts of this country.

Think of it like Mark Twain’s use of “the N word” in his absolutely wonderful story of Huckleberry Finn. The word is socially unacceptable now, but at the time it was just part of the normal vernacular.

As to the contention that a person can not change… I know I’m not the only one here old enough to remember George Wallace.

I don’t plan to vote for Mitt Romney, but it’s not because of some incident that was supposed to have happened nearly half a decade ago. It’s because President Obama’s policies more closely match what I feel is a better direction for our country than Mitt Romney’s do (although, personally, I really would have preferred Jon Huntsman over either of them.)

62. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

LOL, self-rightous, left-wing – good one ai.

And while we’re OT for a bit, can anyone tell me what the next generation of hyphonates will call themselves? And their off-spring?

Seems like name tags are gonna’ have to get a lot bigger in about 40 years… or the lefties will have to abandon another anti-traditional folly for its unintended consequences.

63. “aislander says:
    May 17, 2012 at 10:15 am tommy98466 is absolutely right, charliebucket. One need only look for the hyphen (with very rare, and mostly British, exceptions) to know that one is going to be reading smug, self-righteous, emotional, and left-wing sentiments.
    It is what it is…”

Yeah….Jenna Bush Hager….

64. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

That’s some quality reasoning there, allindasue, thanks for that.

I thought of Wallace when I was writing (not enough space to list all analogous incidents), but the Twain reference is even better since it’s less partisan.

Hope folks are paying attention – you’re spot-on.

65. SandHills says:

Polygamous cult in Mexico?

66. alindasue – Romney could have made this go away with a simple “I was a stupid kid in school and we did stupid things”.

I worked really well for Obama. There is something about telling the truth that really appeals to people.

67. “it worked really well for Obama”

Of course, I did too….LMAO

68. I had a classmate in middle school back in the 1960s, when many of the conservative commenters weren’t alive, who honored her mother and her step-father, by using a hypenated last name.

I’m certain that it upset the entire balance of the United States conservative movement.

69. GHTaxPayer says:

Obama’s TWO autobiographies (only an egomaniac writes TWO autobiographies) chronicle his eating of dogmeat in Indonesia and abusing “lots of cocaine, marijuana and alcohol” while in his MID-TWENTIES !

These accounts are written by Obama and his co-writer, domestic terrorist Bill Ayers.

70. GHT…..so Sarah Palin is an egomanic?

71. sumyungboi says:

“ROMNEY: Past is relevant to character”

I’d say the same thing about Obama, but other than hanging with communists, terrorists, and racists, we don’t know a whole lot about his past.

72. “Romney doesn’t recall the incident, and it IS the sort of thing one would remember if involved.”

Or at least lie about if you were running for President.
    Your brain washed ‘base’ would of could take your word over all other evidence.

73. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

There is something about telling the truth that really appeals to people.

Good advice for both you and 0bama.

74. make that “egomaniac”, but I might have been right the first time.

75. “Why would you only tell part of the story???”

Why aren’t you asking your far right media that question?

76. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/07/ayers-obama-book-conspira_n_312954.html

Ayers has the conservative media right where he wants them…LMAO

77. “Hanging with terrorists”

Here we go…..character #2 is winding up and here comes a pitch in the dirt

Low…ball one.

It’s so nice to see the conservatives using the same old methods that served them so well in 2008. Even John McCain tried to tell them to not go for that crap, but caved in when the chips were down. Little did John know that his running mate was doing him in as much as any Democrat.

78. “One need only look for the hyphen (with very rare, and mostly British, exceptions) to know that one is going to be reading smug, self-righteous, emotional, and left-wing sentiments.”

When all else fails…attack the messenger.

79. “chronicle his eating of dogmeat in Indonesia and abusing “lots of cocaine, marijuana and alcohol” while in his MID-TWENTIES”

GHT – there has to be a “reading for adults” class somewhere in your neighborhood. The quote from Obama was something more like “we smoked weed and did a little blow when we could afford it”.

Show me a person who didn’t avoid alcohol for religious reasons that says they didn’t overuse in their early years, and I’ll show you how a person lies when moving their lips.

Dogmeat???????? Ewwwwwwww…kinda like snails to me. Don’t they serve those in France? Where did Romney do his mission work?

80. Back to “dog meat”…..

Bringing back fond memories of The Great Outdoors, with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd.

“You know what they put in hot dogs?”

81. sumyungboi says:

Sorry Larry, not wanting to believe something doesn’t make it untrue. Obama wanted to be president, do you think he’d just say, “yes, Ayers and I are more than just causal acquaintances.” You can believe Obama, a proven liar, or you can be objective.

In any case, I think it’s pretty funny that lib / progs are going into full blown panic mode, and more and more hilarious things will be coming out about Obama as the election nears. Check out Drudge right now, too much, man! :)

82. alindasue says:

LarryH said, “alindasue – Romney could have made this go away with a simple “I was a stupid kid in school and we did stupid things”.”

Are you still beating your wife? Of course there is no way to answer this question without incriminating oneself. By answering “no”, the implication is that the person did beat his wife but has now stopped.

That’s pretty much the situation Mitt Romney is in now. He says he has no memory of participating in a bullying incident. Think about if he is telling the truth. “I was a stupid kid in school and we did stupid things” wouldn’t make the accusations go away. It would be the “Aha! Gotcha!” that the accusers are looking for.

The best thing he could have done in this incident is to admit that he doesn’t remember doing it, but if he did he apologizes – which is what he did. Those who think he’s lying would think he’s lying no matter what he says – much like those people who are still waiting for “the real birth certificate” from President Obama.

“Back to “dog meat”……”

In Hindu cultures, eating beef would be just as disgusting. Jews and Muslims consider that tasty pork chop disgustingly “unclean”. I have a major problem with the thought of eating rabbit (as bad as eating dog to me) but I cook beef and pork on a fairly regular basis.

It’s all a matter of cultural tastes and essentially a non-issue when it comes to fitness to hold a public office. I don’t know why people even keep bring it up.

83. Drudge……LOL

Yeah….I’m really impressed with Drudge. Just like I’m impressed with award winning blogs

Nice to see Jeremiah Wright getting recycled. Nothing like an attack on a black man to polarize that sector of the electorate.

Ayers took the conservative media to the place they wanted to be, and has had a good laugh at their expense.

End result? Who is President?

84. concernedtacoma7 says:

Ha! Larry the lone liberal flopping like a fish. The reasonable libs have left due to his embarrassing ignorance (like BHO doing coke or eating dog).

Larry, when did Bill write that book? Early 90s. Nothing to do with shutting up conservatives. About image. Like everything else in the book it is most likely bs.

85. Asilander,
    ‘I like to fire PEOPLE who don’t provide me service’ – I have seen the original unfoxized video and stand by my statements.

Oh that’s right you lot believe companies are people.

A fair amount of the swift boating is coming at Romney from the right.

Involved people = eyewitnesses.

Right wing spin does not prove or disprove the accusations.

‘going after with scissors’ – like hippies spiting on GI’s I never actually witness this, nor do I recall any news converge of such events.

GHT – so 18-year old Romney gets a pass on 1st degree assault and battery by saying it was only youthful hijacks, but a nine-year-old adolescent newly arrived in a strange and exotic local is to be held responsible for trying new foods provided by his stepfather’s servant.

Wow – a verified case of right wing hypocrisy – Aislander will be devastated to learn that not all hypocrisy comes from progressives.

86. BlaineCGarver says:

This letter is sacha load of BS…Additionally, it’s amazing how nobody can seem to focus on the post, but instead, rejoice in personal attacks.

87. sumyungboi says:

Yes Larry, I know… If Drudge said that two plus two equals four, you’d scoff at that, but if Media Matters says that Obama never knew Ayers but in passing a couple of times because Obama said so, you’ll take that as the gospel truth. :)

88. Francis – read the article. It is rather obvious that Ayers is pulling the collective leg of the conservative media and being the rubes they are, they are taking it hook, line and sinker.

Sumyungsandy – Media Matters only deals with debunking the lies of the conservative media. They would not examine a story, other than to demonstrate, with proof, how the conservative media has lied about the subject. So, are you saying that Media Matters covered it? I don’t frequently read Media Matters.

89. Isn’t “gospel truth” a contradiction in terms?

90. Blaine….do you have some sort of proof that the story about Romney being part of the attack on that boy is “BS” as you call it or are you just frustrated and venting your anger? We know that you calling the letter “BS” isn’t a personal attack on the letter writer because you have proof it’s “BS”…..right?

I’ll be looking forward to your lack of response to my question.

91. Francis – what is the “issue” with “eating dog”? You cons seem very intent that there is something wrong with sampling the cuisine of foreign countries.

If it’s not above your paygrade or just plain grade, try reading “The Jungle”. It speaks of the packing plants in Chicago and the “using every part of the pig except the squeal”.

The latest information about “pink slime” makes “dog” sound somewhat appetizing.

Oh…I’m sorry. I forgot that I’m dealing with a level of intellect that thinks “your gay” is an insult.

92. sumyungboi says:

Larry sez: “Media Matters only deals with debunking the lies of the conservative media”

Media Matters is an extreme leftist, agenda driven propaganda arm of the democrat party. They have recently teamed with NOW in an effort to remove Limbaugh from the air by intimidating advertisers. That goes a little beyond “debunking lies”, now doesn’t it? Nice try, pal, you lose.

93. concernedtacoma7 says:

Well, “you’re gay” would be an insult, given the context. At a minimum an aging wedding singer’s attempt at insult.

Give it up. It is Larry and Xring vs reason, truth, honesty, and common sense.

You embarrass your cause.

94. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

Drudge……LOL

Never mind, elmer, I’ll get this one:

“Message… messenger?”

You’re welcomed.

95. Vox…..yeah…I know. Drudge is a far better source than the “award winning blog” of which I puked.

That was a low blow for me to drag them down to that level.

Meanwhile, there is a difference between discerning a media source based on quality and honesty, versus the conservative tactic on this and ever other blog of “your wrong becuz your a marxist”

96. Francis…since you seem worried about it, I do few weddings, because young people want a DJ. They are not concerned about live music. You watch too many D-grade movies.

When I see your drunken insults that you’ve posted in the middle of the night on here, calling someone “gay”, the first thing I wonder is how you’d know anything about their sexual orientation, unless you’ve been their partner.

97. “Ha! Larry the lone liberal flopping like a fish. The reasonable libs have left due to his embarrassing ignorance”

Just keep making stuff up, your little delusions are entertaining at the very least.

98. averageJoseph says:

LarryP., feet over head every so often. Otherwise, you may suffer a DVT attack. They’re bad news. Don’t forget to clean breakfast, lunch, and supper out from your keyboard once in a while too.

99. “If Drudge said that two plus two equals four”

100. Media Matters for America is a Web-based, not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media.

Launched in May 2004, Media Matters for America put in place, for the first time, the means to systematically monitor a cross section of print, broadcast, cable, radio, and Internet media outlets for conservative misinformation — news or commentary that is not accurate, reliable, or credible and that forwards the conservative agenda — every day, in real time.

Using the website mediamatters.org as the principal vehicle for disseminating research and information, Media Matters posts rapid-response items as well as longer research and analytic reports documenting conservative misinformation throughout the media. Additionally, Media Matters works daily to notify activists, journalists, pundits, and the general public about instances of misinformation, providing them with the resources to rebut false claims and to take direct action against offending media institutions.

Now, let’s see sunyunsandy’s proof that this fine organization tried to “get Rush Limbaugh off the air”……I’m sure it will be a conservative blog.

Here is a sample of Media Matters helping Rush get his message out.

101. JoeyD……SSDD……LMAO

I can’t take credit for that, but Charlie sure nailed you…..LOLOL

102. JoeyD, going off the DEEPends again.

103. sumyungboi says:

kluwer sez: “drudge would never tell the truth, they have a very good record of never telling the truth.”

Here’s a newsflash for you and Larry, Drudge rarely writes anything, it’s a clearinghouse, linking as often to liberal newspapers as conservative. You guys sure don’t seem to know much.

104. averageJoseph says:

Shucks, I must have missed it.

Seriously tho LarryP., DVT is real and you are at a huge risk…

Well, my quick lunch is over. Have a swell day. Open the curtains at least… it’s another glorious day. :)

105. JoeyD – I want to congratulate you on the record time it took to be banned from the local blog in Olympia. They allow darned near anyone and you didn’t last 48 hours.

My blood pressure is under 120/under 80. I’d only consult you for medical advise if I was terminal and committing suicide.

Is there a “risk” factor for obsessive/compulsives? Physician, heal thyself.

106. sumyunsandy….are we going to go through this again? The last time you made that claim, I linked a half dozen “stories” from Drudge, written by staff. Drudge does much more than just link.

I really don’t have time to prove you wrong again, I’m doing jumping jacks because DEEPENDs is worried about my BP.

107. “The Drudge Report started as a gossip column focusing on Hollywood and Washington, D.C.[11] Matt Drudge began the email-based newsletter called Report from an apartment in Hollywood, California, using his connections with industry and media insiders to break stories, sometimes before they hit the mainstream media. Drudge maintains the website from his home in Miami Beach, Florida, with help from his assistants, who assist in story selection and headline writing. His first assistant was Andrew Breitbart.”

Do we really need to go further???????

108. CT7 – I’ll put my reason, truth, honesty, and common sense against your un-enlighten, authoritative, esoteric talking points any time you wish.

109. xring – pitting you against francis is like comparing fillet mignon to bird droppings.

110. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

120/under 80?

I think you’re already dead.

Where are all the Twilight fans?

111. some people can’t read.

under 120/under 80

sorta like 119/79, 118/78, etc, etc, etc, et al

I guess dead beats the heck out of dumb

112. sumyungboi says:

Larry: “The Drudge Report started as a gossip column ..”

Don’t care how it started, Larry old pal, and I stand by my assertion that the current Drudge Report very rarely does anything but link. Go there and prove me wrong. You can’t.

Also, not sure why you insist on modifying my name. Maybe you have odd fantasies?

113. thou dost protest too much

114. sumyungboi says:

And quoting Shakespeare relieves you from dealing with your ignorance on the subject. Nice.

115. ::::yawn::::

“The linked stories are generally hosted on the external websites of mainstream media outlets. It occasionally includes stories written by Drudge — usually two or three paragraphs in length. They generally concern a story about to be published in a major magazine or newspaper. Drudge occasionally publishes Nielsen, Arbitron, or BookScan ratings, or early election exit polls that are otherwise not made available to the public.”

Now aside from the “occasional” stories, the content of a collection of links can be just as biased as anything else.

It’s been a pleasure, as usual.

116. sumyungboi says:

Larry sez: “The linked stories are generally hosted on the external websites of mainstream media outlets. It occasionally includes stories written by Drudge — usually two or three paragraphs in length. They generally concern a story about to be published in a major magazine or newspaper. Drudge occasionally publishes Nielsen, Arbitron, or BookScan ratings, or early election exit polls that are otherwise not made available to the public.

I notice you don’t have any support data for your claim about Media Matters attempt to get Limbaugh pitched. Probably because “advertiser blacklisting” was invented by the conservatives and you knew I’d shove that right back in your face.”

Protesting too much there, Lare, while not disputing what I said. You lose, again. :)

117. RLangdon says:

LarryH
    MAY 17, 2012 AT 3:01 PM
    “thou dost protest too much”

Hey LarryH, THOU (meaning you) dost POST too much!!!!

I find myself almost missing LornaDoone, (I said “almost”) who it seems to me did not post as many moronic posts as LarryH has in this blog alone. My gawd! Give it a rest dude! Take some digital Imodium or something, you are obviously suffering a bout of diarrhea of the keyboard!

118. Hey remuck –

Love the new face, but the mouth hasn’t changed. Nor has your resentment about your education, compliments of me.

Now…..:::::puffing out my chest::::::

I’ve told you before not to address me ::::walking like Marvin Martian:::on this blog because::::more Marvin walking::::: you are not important:::::puffing chest like Marvin also::::::

Did I look as ridiculous as you?

119. RLangdon says:

LarryH, You always look as ridiculous as YOU always look, no matter which of many many names you use. Seriously LarryH, take a break. You have written more than 33% of all the comments on this topic. It is time for you to quit. Take a nap. Take your meds. Whatever.

Oh, and by the way, you NEVER educated me on anything, because you were wrong, are wrong, and always will be wrong, because you are a bigoted liar when it comes to The Catholic Church. And that is a documented fact.

120. concernedtacoma7 says:

Well said RL.

121. RL….after reading your “comment” to charliebuckets, I have to bow to you….

I didn’t know royalty was on our threads.

All hail to the Drama Queen!

By the way….the Catholic Church is STILL providing insurance through Group Health Cooperative who handles birth control like any other pharmacutical.

How well is THAT said, Francis?

122. I know this hurts, Drama Queen…but….

“But many Catholic institutions in New York — and in more than two dozen other states — already are complying with similar state mandates.

New York began requiring prescription contraception coverage in 2002, over the objections of Catholic groups, which sued and lost in the state’s highest court.

In Western New York, that means prominent Catholic institutions such as Baker Victory Services, Catholic Charities of Buffalo and St. Bonaventure University have been providing prescription birth control coverage for employees for nearly a decade.”

You’ll have to call the Buffalo News liars. :)

123. RLangdon says:

Thanks ct7. Somebody had to say it.

124. And somebody had to shovel the BS from the room after the Drama Queen calls others a liar, when the Buffalo News proves otherwise.

125. concernedtacoma7 says:

Larry, no one cares. Another thread for another day. We all know you are an anti-religious bigot. Move on. No one cares about your old age health issues either. You need a friend to talk to about your issues, not a political blog.

126. concernedtacoma7 says:

Typical lib. You think this about you. This is about information and politics, not washed up bigots.

My feelings are fine, pops. This is not about me (or you).

127. Oh Francis…..haven’t had enough?

OK. If it’s “about politics”, then why do you have to throw in your little drunken personal insults?

I’m not sure what you mean about “washed up”, when I have everything you want and only have to work as much as I want and you are still dreaming about it.

Don’t play with the old guys, Francis….you’ll lose every time.

You done yet?

128. sumyungboi says:

ct7, you should leave him alone, he’s obviously a lonely, bitter person. Places like this is where he can be himself without being introduced to the ground in short order. :)

129. RLangdon says:

ct7, sumyungboi is right.

130. concernedtacoma7 says:

Gents, point taken. I just feel bad for the old guy. All lost and confused in his hate filled, progressive world.

Per advice from the board, you are on your own Larry. They see you as helpless and I agree.

131. Sumyungboi is not a boy, but a female blogger that follows me around.

It’s really quite comical to watch this little show, knowing who is who.

Tell you what, you all go ahead and play Masquerade with each other.

Francis, Sandy, Remuck….nighty night.

132. sumyungboi says:

Truly bizarre, and really cliche symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia, to believe one’s important enough for someone to stalk online simply to .. counter opinion? Wow.

133. averageJoseph says:

LMAO… mucki_br and LarryP.H_ill (2 leftists) are having ANOTHER cat fight. Rich… A sign of things to come… :)

134. charliebucket says:

just copying this here to make sure (maybe) you all see it. I wrote it in another thread and then saw this mess (above) and want to re-post it here…..

larry thank you for the invite but I am already a member of another forum/blog that takes way too much of my time.

rlangdon, thank you for the suggestion, and trust me, I have already been stalked by a woman on the internet, so I am very careful and selective in my dealings, and, already have the police involved with my internet situation, so I am good as far as my internet safety goes. thanks again.

now, if I may suggest: would all you with ‘personal history’ try to keep the personal stuff to yourselves? I mean unless this is your personal blog(s), maybe you should take your personal beefs elsewhere and not the newspaper’s public blog. is there a private message system here you could use instead of the board? (this is not directed at one or two individuals, it is directed at many, the personal stuff by all ya’ll is rampant and uncool and some it is downright creepy, IMO).

135. Charlie, again my thanks for your advise. As I mentioned in the other thread, I’ve been too tolerant and should take your direction and engage law enforcement as you did.

136. Charlie…one amended issue. One of my detractors was collecting money for a bogus “charity” and I did report them to the Attorney General’s office. They’ll stop at nothing. It was “for the troops”.

137. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

Insert roll-eyes emoticon here.

138. “I am not familiar, precisely, with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was.” — Mitt Romney, May 2012.

139. averageJoseph says:

Ditto Vox.

140. whitecap says:

Sacha…it’s a non-issue. 48 years ago. Believe me, I’m not the same person today I was 48 years ago. 18 year olds are men? Technically, yes; in reality, not really. You’re in a research-based profession. Check the research on brain development and see if it’s complete at 18. A lot of maturing continues to take place well into the 20s. It’s only May and already you’re running scared enough to take the time to write about something that in the immortal words of Bill Murray, “It just doesn’t matter”.

141. averageJoseph says:

Here’s some advice. Don’t write a letter and put your name and town on it, then take credit for writing it using one of your anonymous alts. If you do, you bear the responsibility.

If you are concerned about it, you can…

a. quit wallpapering

b. change your moniker AND style of posting

c. go away (which would free up time to spend with your other half)

142. alindasue says:

whitecap said, “18 year olds are men? Technically, yes; in reality, not really.”

1965, the year all of this was supposed to have happened, is also the year “Eve of Destruction” was first written by P.F. Sloan and recorded by Bary McGuire. In that year, 18 year olds were still “old enough to kill [be drafted] but not for voting”.

Much in the world has changed since then…

143. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

Great points, whitecap.

And you’re quite right about Ms. Hyphenation. As a teacher she should be better aware of maturity levels – especially when comparing a 17-year-old to a 65-year-old. The whole premise is ridiculous.

Of course, since Ms. Hyphenation is herself under 30, we could always encourage her to keep a journal of her own daily activities – retroactive to her previous 12 years (roughly the age of Romney when the alleged incident took place), and going forward to her 65th birthday.

God help us all if there were not significant changes – both in level of maturity and political outlook.

Let’s see… womanizing, heavy drinking, use of pot and cocaine are okay… alleged hazing not worthy of a president. Okey-dokey.

144. TAMPA | Throughout the Republican primaries this year, no other campaign came close to approaching the message discipline and efficiency of Mitt Romney’s campaign. But campaign aides took that approach to a new level on Wednesday in Florida when several aides tried to forcibly block reporters from approaching the candidate on the rope line.

As Romney wrapped up his remarks about the national debt and walked off the stage to shake hands with voters along the rope line, as is his custom, reporters who headed toward him were blocked by several volunteers and a Romney aide who spread her arms wide and said reporters could not walk freely within the event space as members of the public were allowed to do.

Although reporters went through the same security sweeps as guests at the event, the aide insisted that reporters who moved beyond “the press pen” — a cordoned off area surrounded by metal barricades — would not be allowed any closer to the candidate without a Romney staff escort. When a television reporter asked for a campaign escort to film Romney’s interaction with voters, the campaign refused.

Sounds an awful lot like a Palin campaign.

145. I want to thanks all the wrong-wingers for posting such outstanding examples of the “but mommy, all the other kids did it!” excuse.

146. Thanks for the tips, LarryJoe, but I’d prefer to be me, instead of acting like you.

Meanwhile…..FOX reports:

“Romney went on to say that he believed the President was choosing to run his campaign focused on “character assassination,” using the Bain ads the Obama campaign aired this week as an example.”

Interesting how Romney’s record at Bain is “character assassignation”.

I can’t wait for the debates.

147. Words to live by:

“the personal stuff by all ya’ll is rampant and uncool and some it is downright creepy, IMO”

148. “since Ms. Hyphenation is herself under 30″

downright creepy

149. whitecap says:

Sacha: while I disagree with the opinion expressed in your letter, I must say that I’m sorry you will have to wade through much of the vitriol some posters cannot seem to avoid. Why posters cannot just focus on the views expressed in the letter and must veer into the path of personal attack, red herring, strawman arguments, etc. has always been beyond me. It is also beyond me why posters cannot keep their remarks brief. Good Lord…some of you have WAY too much time on your hands.

150. charliebucket says:

the character assassination on the letter writers here is indeed creepy.

and, no joe, letter writers should not have to put up with you outing their real names on a public forum. what you are doing is wrong. the newspaper requires real names for letters but not on this blog. I repeat, what you are doing is wrong. don’t try to spin it or tell people that they should do this that or the other thing to protect themselves from folks like you coming through plastering their private info to the world.

what you are doing is WRONG.

151. aislander says:

test

152. sumyungboi says:

charlie: “the character assassination on the letter writers here is indeed creepy.”

Please. I have letters printed from time to time, dozens over the years, and _not one single time_ have I not been attacked personally because of my conservative views by leftists. It’s almost comical to watch the hypocritical whines of the lib / progs.

153. “It is time for you to quit. Take a nap. Take your meds. Whatever.”

So who put you in charge??

154. Well, as usual the right wing has lost the argument and they go to the gutter with the name calling and dog piling.
    Happens every thread, every day with the same group of losers.

155. SadujTogracse says:

on We can fix up the old status quo to get out of this mess 6 days ago

And I quote…”Junkie. Pothead. That’s where I’d been headed: the final, fatal role of the young would-be black man,” Obama wrote. “Except the highs hadn’t been about that, me trying to prove what a down brother I was. Not by then, anyway. I got high for just the opposite effect, something that could push questions of who I was out of my mind, something that could flatten out the landscape of my heart, blur the edges of my memory. I had discovered that it didn’t make any difference whether you smoked reefer in the white classmate’s sparkling new van, or in the dorm room of some brother you’d met down at the gym, or on the beach with a couple of Hawaiian kids who had dropped out of school and now spent most of their time looking for an excuse to brawl.”

Maybe we should ask Obama how many innocent kids he and his drop out friends tormented and beat up in their brawls? Apparantly past is only relevant to character when the candidate has an “R” after their name.

156. charliebucket says:

sum…..I don’t care who is attacking who or what their political preference is. I am stating that letter writers here are being personally demeaned, not thier politics necessarily, their person, attacked by posters and some are carrying that attack to the point where they are outing them, sharing their private info, then when they post anonymously. if it happened to you, it was wrong and if you are doing it to others it is wrong. plain and simple.

everyone gets snarky once in a while but what some folks do day in and day out is absurd. it is like some think this is their personal blog and letter writers and posters are your personal targets for your amusement, to demean. Jeez people. get real. this place is for civil discussion not for abusing people.

157. charliebucket says:

sadu, if someone comes forward and says Obama tormented them or that they saw Obama torment someone then you might have an argument, otherwise you are making assumptions that don’t pertain. apples and oranges. IMO

158. Alindasue,
    If Romney had been prosecuted for his crimes he would have had a felony conviction on his ADULT record.

If the tables had been reversed and Romney had been harassed and assaulted for being Mormon, would his tormentors have gotten off with a slap on the wrist – which appears to be more than Romney got.

Vox,
    So the transgressions of an 18-year-old Romney are to be forgiven because of some stature of limitations, but the experience of a 9-year old in a strange and exotic land are not to be forgiven?

Charlie,
    You are misisng the fact that the even the mightu right-wing smear machine has been unable to produce or manufacture such victims or witnesses.

159. sumyungboi says:

charlie: “I don’t care who is attacking who or what their political preference is. I am stating that letter writers here are being personally demeaned ..”

One question to ask yourself would be, would you be as incredulous at leftist hate toward a conservative letter writer? Since you yourself have indulged in hate speech toward conservatives in this thread, I can conclude that no, you wouldn’t. You’re blinded by leftist ideology and a hypocrite.

160. BlaineCGarver says:

Someone Said: “Blaine….do you have some sort of proof that the story about Romney being part of the attack on that boy is “BS” as you call it or are you just frustrated and venting your anger? We know that you calling the letter “BS” isn’t a personal attack on the letter writer because you have proof it’s “BS”…..right?
    I’ll be looking forward to your lack of response to my question. ”

Ask and you shall receive, smartazz…..

“Attack” there’s the first BS…any other person and that would be a hazing. But, since he’s Mitt, and the kid was Gay….Ergo Sum

All the other BS is hyperbole seeping off the orginal statement. I’m not amused by the “clever” little spins You People put on political opinions. It’s either black or white (waiting for some dumbazz’s comment on THAT)…That sort of hazing/prank happends daily, and it’s never heard of again, unless someone idiot wants to make political hay out of it.

161. BlaineCGarver says:

Oh, heck…..don’t lose the chance to make fun of my spelling….that alone is enough to change your mind.

162. SadujTogracse says:

charlie, that’s why I said that question needs to be asked. Also, if Romney being a bully as a kid is relevant than Obama breaking the law (which he ADMITTED he did) as kid should be just as relevant, right??? Why are people like yourself so eager to blow off Obama’s illegal activity and rip Romney a new one for this? Because the left is full of hypocrisy, that’s all then know.

163. SadujTogracse says:

*all they know* for the spelling police. Why can’t you edit your own posts in here like you can in the Olympian? Get with it TNT!

164. LornaDoone says:

How nice. Everyone is here

165. menopaws says:

Bullying matters….and, so does a “convenient” memory…..My husband tells me he remembers every terrible thing he did in high school and remembers every detail of when mean things were done to him……..He, like Romney, is in his 60’s. Don’t remember??? Then maybe that, too should be an issue to consider…….McCain was too old and made a questionable judgement call with Ms. Palin……..Not remembering this incident for Mr. Romney could represent the same problem……..Though, I think he does remember and is tooo ashamed to admit to it.

166. SadujTogracse says:

Considering this election is supposed to be such a cakewalk for Obama I wonder why the left is focusing so much attention on this issue instead of what’s happening here and now? Could it be that things aren’t looking as good for Obama as everyone is saying? Nahhhh, couldn’t be!

167. LornaDoone says:

“Attack” there’s the first BS…any other person and that would be a hazing.

No, it’s called an attack. Hazing is harmless fun. Even the hazed will agree.

168. LornaDoone says:

“That sort of hazing/prank happends daily, and it’s never heard of again, unless someone idiot wants to make political hay out of it.”

TALLAHASSEE, Fla. — Two defendants have pleaded no contest to lesser charges of misdemeanor hazing in the beating of a fellow Florida A&M University band member.

I wonder what the “political” issue is with Florida A&M? Are they going after them for hazing because they are primarily an African American school/band?

169. sumyungboi says:

Honestly, I could care less that Romney and his pals pushed around another kid at school. It would be different if there was some pattern of deviant behavior, but there’s not. The fake outrage is the story here, you leftist tools are just being your leftist tool selves, and you know it. You’re no better than the Massachusetts progs who for years kept re-electing a drunk who killed a chick in his car while drunk, and then whine about the mean conservatives when it’s convenient.

170. BGC – it’s not you spelling that we are laughing at.

Sad – this election is not a cakewalk for either candidate – as anyone with three active brain cells can tell you.

Sum – ‘pushed around’ is a poor word choice for first-degree assault and batter: and depending on the style of the scissors, first-degree assault and battery with a deadly weapon.

171. sumyungboi says:

xring, do you even know what first degree assault is? Here, it would have been a “simple assault”, and the prosecutor would have most likely deemed it a waste of time.

172. “I have letters printed from time to time, dozens over the years, and _not one single time_ have I not been attacked personally because of my conservative views by leftists.”

Translation: “Waaaaah! But all the other kids are doing it!”

173. SadujTogracse says:

xring, there sure are a lot of people who don’t have 3 active brain cells then. Because I’ve been reading in many different places where people are saying Obama will win with ease.

174. “you yourself have indulged in hate speech toward conservatives in this thread”

… said the author of “you leftist tools”. ROFL – it’s more comedy gold!

175. averageJoseph says:

LOL… Thanks for the tips, LarryJoe, but I’d prefer to be me

and now your back to LornaD. Kooky.

176. sumyungboi says:

ehill: “Waaaaah! But all the other kids are doing it!”

ehill: “said the author of “you leftist tools”

Priceless.

177. “You’re a tool, ehill. You’re just like the rest of the tools, you write things, anything, that fill space and so knocks actual debate to a lower percentage of the whole. I don’t mind, your time is coming as more and more people can plainly see that if leftist thought was so mainstream, leftists wouldn’t need to howl and protest to get attention.”

More proof that you can’t refute the message, so you attack the messenger.

178. charliebucket says:

here we go again.

call out the haters for hating and they say you are the one doing the hating. sumyungboi you are one of the worst offenders and then you come in pointing fingers?? LOL funny. yet sad. I been here, what? a week?, and I got you guys pegged. simply amazing the lies you tell yourselves and the personal insults you lob and then the spin when called out. wow. my internet stalker did the same thing……funny that….and go figure, she was a TEA Party conservative. It’s a pattern.

179. pasmacker says:

And it doesn’t bother the letter writer that Obama received Islamic instruction as a child? A religion which is noted for its virulent anti-homosexual teachings?

It’s obvious that this letter writer already has a negative opinion of Romney and is only looking to pounce on any hint of impropriety. The incident itself is fraught with inuendo, supposition, and assumptions. The “hater” jargon pretty much identifies the writer’s bias and narrow perspective.

180. sumyungboi says:

charlie, please, I know you better than you know yourself. What have you offered in the way of substanative debate? Nothing, you come in with your holier than thou attitude but jump right in the gutter with the rest of your ilk who have nothing to offer but diversion. Nice try, pal.

181. aislander says:

I heard Sybil was a fake, but these multiples are all too real…

182. “you come in with your holier than thou attitude but jump right in the gutter”

ROFLMAO – that’s hysterical coming from the author of

o he’s obviously a lonely, bitter person
    o Truly bizarre, and really cliche symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia
    o the hypocritical whines of the lib / progs
    o you leftist tools

Thanks for such a great laugh!

183. RLangdon says:

Yah, but ehill, at least on these two comments

o he’s obviously a lonely, bitter person
    o Truly bizarre, and really cliche symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia

sumyungboi is absolutely correct about you know who, and who and who and who else, all of whom are the same lonely bitter person.

184. Yep. Projection.

185. alindasue says:

pasmacker said, “And it doesn’t bother the letter writer that Obama received Islamic instruction as a child?”

Why should it? It just means President Obama understands some of the Islamic point of view, even if he himself is not Muslim. There’s nothing wrong with that. Given the dominant religion in the lands that our troops are still fighting in, I would consider it more of an advantage than a hindrance.

186. alindasue says:

That should read “…even THOUGH he himself is not Muslim.”

187. averageJoseph says:

… so to speak…

188. charliebucket says:

never get in a fight with a pig, you’ll both get dirty and the pig will love it.

189. yabetchya says:

charlie, now don’t be calling lorna/Lhill and ehill pigs. That is giving pigs a bad rap.

190. That’s pretty funny, coming from someone for whom pigdom would be several steps up.

Now, do you want to continue to trade insults or do you want to contribute?

191. sumyungboi says:

*** ehill sez ***

Translation: “Waaaaah! But all the other kids are doing it!”

… said the author of “you leftist tools”. ROFL – it’s more comedy gold!

More proof that you can’t refute the message, so you attack the messenger

ROFLMAO – that’s hysterical coming from the author of
    o he’s obviously a lonely, bitter person
    o Truly bizarre, and really cliche symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia
    o the hypocritical whines of the lib / progs
    o you leftist tools
    Thanks for such a great laugh!

Yep. Projection

*** and then he sez this ***

Now, do you want to continue to trade insults or do you want to contribute?

*** end of what ehill sez ***

The topic here was Romney’s alleged hazing of a high school kid decades ago. The above is not snippets, but your entire contribution to this topic. All you seem to know how to do is trade insults and post meaningless, off topic crap. Grow up, son.

192. “sumyungboi”
    “yabetchya”
    “took14theteam”

193. Ooops, left out “SadujTogracse”

:::::sigh:::::

194. concernedtacoma7 says:

Both sides stop the multiple moniker crap. Larry, set the example as you are the only known offender.

Ehill, why do you post here?

195. “And it doesn’t bother the letter writer that Obama received Islamic instruction as a child?”

As a child, which of course is far different than ‘life long’…isn’t it.

196. “Larry, set the example as you are the only known offender.”

Well, we may have another contender for the hypocrisy of the month contest!

197. “sumyungboi is absolutely correct”

Those words have never been uttered before and won’t be again.

198. Oh, look. sumyungboi has learned how to cut and paste. His parents must be so proud.

199. “Ehill, why do you post here?”

To refute all the wrong-wing lies. Thanks to you and others for all the material.

200. concernedtacoma7 says:

So refute. Stop deflecting and whining. Use facts, not rhetoric. Give it a try!

201. sumyungboi says:

ct7, there are two types of progs, they’re the intellectual, college educated, but misguided types, and the tools, those who, if their workers utopia were ever realized, would be working in the ball bearing factory and wondering, w t f just happened?

The first type, you can debate with. The second type posts diversions and hyperbole on news blogs. Easy to see where this goes .. :)

202. took14theteam says:

Larry/Lorna/nick/Manuel/k a r d/…… Says:

“sumyungboi”
    “yabetchya”
    “took14theteam”

Ooops, left out “SadujTogracse”

:::::sigh:::::

The one who claims to be obsessed over sure likes to obsess himself. Must be the age and that stroke he mentioned. But I am glad you think I am those other people. Gives you something to live for I guess.

Wait, do you think they are me?

LOL

203. sumyungboi says:

My login is sumyungboi. I have used that for several months. Before that, I was known as “parkland”, but that login was banned after a Second Amendment debate in which one of the editors, Patrick O’Callihan, decided the truth hurt. I suspect that now, I’ll have to bid later. :)

204. sumyungboi says:

Also, I’m a former navy armorer, Pierce County sheriff’s deputy, current 52 year old average white guy and hated management. I used to be jealous of guys like me, too, and then, the years went by, and I became a guy like me.

205. “Use facts, not rhetoric.”

Look up projection.

206. concernedtacoma7 says:

Too hard to actually use facts, ehill? Try adding something. Something that proves, with facts and common sense, that the policies you support are the right ones.

Really try. Let your buddy Larry be the clown, I know you can raise above it and contribute.

207. “I know you can raise above it and contribute.”

Yawn. More insults. The last refuge of the wrong wing.

208. took14theteam says:

Hey ehill, you read any of kluwer’s comments? Lot of insults come from her yet you never call her out. Could it be cause she is on the same side of the fence as you?

Something to think about with your selective outrage….

209. Hey took, you read any of CT7’s comments? Lot of insults come from that entity yet you never call he/she/it out. Could it be cause he/she/it is on the same side of the fence as you?

Hey took, you read any of sumyungboi’s comments? Lot of insults come from that entity yet you never call he/she/it out. Could it be cause he/she/it is on the same side of the fence as you?

Hey took, you read any of yabetcha’s comments? Lot of insults come from that entity yet you never call he/she/it out. Could it be cause he/she/it is on the same side of the fence as you?

Hey took, you read any of AverageJosef’s comments? Lot of insults come from that entity yet you never call he/she/it out. Could it be cause he/she/it is on the same side of the fence as you?

Hey took, you read any of BlaineCGarver’s comments? Lot of insults come from that entity yet you never call he/she/it out. Could it be cause he/she/it is on the same side of the fence as you?

Hey took, you read any of aislander’s comments? Lot of insults come from that entity yet you never call he/she/it out. Could it be cause he/she/it is on the same side of the fence as you?

Hey took, you read any of voxie’s comments? Lot of insults come from that entity yet you never call he/she/it out. Could it be cause he/she/it is on the same side of the fence as you?

Hey took, you read any of your own comments? Lot of insults come from you yet you never call yourself out. Could it be cause you’re on the same side of the fence as you?

210. “Something to think about with your selective outrage….”

The sock puppet says while whining about others…
    Do any of you on the far right even know what hypocrisy means?

211. averageJoseph says:

Yes, the past IS relevant to character… even if the msm selectively ignores it.
    ……………..
    Jeremiah Wright, a man Obama described as “like a member of my own family” and a pastor whose message is laced with liberation theology and hatred for America.
    Obama wrote a book titled “The Audacity of Hope” after one of the Reverend’s sermons.
    ……………
    His other pastor, Michael Pfleger, who frequently guest preached at the TUCC. He regularly preached racism and his church received large sums of money from Obama.

……………

Obama’s association with William Ayers, who was once part of the violent Weather Underground group, which claimed responsibility for a series of bombings to include the Pentagon and the U.S. Capitol. Ayers still has not renounced the terrorist activity.
    Frank Marshall Davis was a poet, labor activist, and a prominent member of the Communist Party USA. He was a good friend of Obama’s grandparents and was a mentor to Obama. Barry refers to him in “Dreams of My Father” as Frank and attributes much of his attitude towards life and race relations to Frank’s advice.
    ………….
    Tony Rezko is a felon who was convicted of corruption for wire and mail fraud, money laundering and aiding and abetting bribery. He bundled approximately $250,000 donations for Obama and got him two real estate deals. In return, Rezko used the influence he had with Obama and other politicians to collect kickbacks. Obama got him 14 million dollars to build a low cost senior housing development. Obama looked the other way when the 11 low cost housing buildings owned by Rezko in his district fell into disrepair and were foreclosed on.
    ………….
    This is just scratching the surface…
    ………….
    Romney? He gave a free trim to a kid in high school 45 years ago… === gasp ===

212. averageJoseph says:

… and since we agree the past IS relevant to character, it’s way past time for Obama to unseal his college transcripts… you know, so we get a better view of his true character. ;)

213. Nice website.

“Why Biblical Christianity Cannot Merge With the Church of Rome”

“The Official End of Christendom?”

Nope, no bias there.

214. Ahhh, the wrong wing’s obsession with personal scandal appears again. The last refuge of a group of scoundrels who know they’re losing.

215. averageJoseph says:

insert “can’t refute yadda yadda… attack” LMAO.

216. averageJoseph says:

LMAO… ah, the left wing’s rampant hypocrisy appears yet again.

217. Nice wallpaper

218. IndyDeepends is getting ready for another breakdown.

219. “Ahhh, the wrong wing’s obsession with personal scandal appears again. The last refuge of a group of scoundrels who know they’re losing.”

What else have they got?
    They can’t run on policy, they only have more of what ruined the country.
    They can’t run on mittens, even they hate him!
    They invented ‘politics of personal destruction’ so thats what we will have until Nov.
    The great thing is none of it worked before so none of it will work this time!

220. “insert “can’t refute yadda yadda… attack” LMAO.”

ROFLMAO – that’s absolutely hysterical coming from the hypocrite who goes after Obama’s personal life. Thanks for such a great laugh.

221. concernedtacoma7 says:

Pathetic and pointless. I understand you two are only here to annoy people, I just don’t understand the purpose.

Can one of you answer that truthfully?

222. Vox_clamantis_in_deserto says:

Nice website.

“Why Biblical Christianity Cannot Merge With the Church of Rome”

“The Official End of Christendom?”

Nope, no bias there.

Hypocrite.

223. averageJoseph says:

“ROFLMAO – that’s absolutely hysterical” yadda yadda… “More proof that you can’t refute the message, so you attack the messenger.” ehill

Past is relevant to character … erik.

Don’t forget to raise your feet above your head. DVT… google it.

224. took14theteam says:

Bad AJ.

There, are you happy now ehill?

Your turn….

225. “Hypocrite

Ahem. Message. Messenger. Ring any bells?

226. “Your turn…. “

OK: bad AJ.

227. I understand you two are only here to annoy people”

More projection.

228. Let’s begin a thread where each of the regulars here cough up every adolescent indiscretion you committed is published. No holding back. Don’t forget the times you laughed at another kid because of how he/she looked or talked or walked–or how fat she was, or how bad his acne was– and remember to include any and all racial slurs you uttered along the way. Recall each time you went along with something you knew was wrong or stupid (this may take some of you a long time). In fact, remember where YOUR mind was regarding homosexuality when you were a teen; no distasteful remarks fell from your lips?

This will help us decide if you deserve to hold any position of leadership or authority, including the role of parent, so get right on it. Some of you may need firing.

229. averageJoseph says:

Just lookin’ out for you Jr.

230. “Let’s begin a thread where each of the regulars here cough up every adolescent indiscretion you committed is published.”

The love fest for romney has begun, now assaulting a person is down graded to ‘adolescent indiscretion’.
    The right will bend over backwards to defend any and everything romney does or ever has done. They have found their man and even thought they can’t stand him, they will twist reality and redefine words to defend him.
    Happens every election.

soso, ask yourself this, had President Obama done half as bad…..how would you react?
    I know you lie and claim to not read my posts but man up for once in your life and answer honestly.

231. sozo, are you really defending Romney on this? I thought you insisted on Christian values for everyone. Is an 18 y.o. an adolescent or an adult for such behavior? I know at 18 I was working as a bricklayer’s helper getting ready to go into the Army. I certainly didn’t harass people weaker than me or who were different. I was also busy conducting youth revivals all around Texas on the weekends trying to teach about how Christ said that the meek will inherit the earth, not the Romney’s.

I have nothing kind to say about 18 year olds leading a gang to bully a student based on cosmetic differences and perceived weakness. I also think that those kinds of behaviors persist into adulthood.
    Perhaps if Romney ahd said he had learned a lesson from the incident and changed his behavior there might be some tolerance. However, he didn’t.

He gained a lesson that the strong can take over the weak and make them submit for his personal gain and pleasure, behavior which Romney has exhibited in his public life over and over.

Sick stuff.

232. concernedtacoma7 says:

Sick is that you lie to yourself, creating outrage where there clearly should be none.

Even if this did happen, it was a lifetime ago (while BHO was snorking coke on the beach). The ‘victim’ did feel like a victim, never told his family, school officials, police. He got a free haircut and moved on.

Stop pretending this was a big deal, something people should outraged about. The conscience decision to repeatedly do hardcore drugs is scarier then Romney having a laugh at some kid’s expense in HS.

233. He got a free haircut

So did Custer.

234. concerned, as I said, if he had changed, it might be different. However, exploitation of the weak, profit at any cost to others is Romney’s fully exposed position in business.

235. “Romney having a laugh at some kid’s expense in HS.”

The love fest is sickening.

236. concernedtacoma7 says:

Turning around failing businesses is exploiting people? No.

According to your rhetoric he enslaved people. Just the opposite, he gave companies a lift and at a minimum, provided workers time to move on.

And the goal of business is to make profits. As long as it is legal, who cares?

Ehill- your willingness to spend another generation’s money is sickening. Your devotion to a man who divided the nation, slowed an economic rebound, and threw allies under the bus is sickening.

237. No tuddo. I was not defending Romney, though it would appear that someone embellished (or made up)information in this story and neither the supposed victim nor his family are distressed by it.

What I was suggesting is that a media bent on finding something evil in a candidate could take a lot of “incidents” in folks’ past and make something ugly out of it.

238. http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/content/printVersion/3001990/

concerned,

Tell me what factual errors you find in the link. This analysis is pretty much what Anderson Cooper found, too.

Romney cites as his achievements those firms where Bain was a minority investor and didn’t have much to do with the actual running of the company while glossing over the companies they actually ran into the ground.

The actual count of direct jobs, excluding those brought on by bankruptcies of suppliers and stores dependent on companies Bain ruined, is a net loss of 4,000 jobs, according to the AP study, not the plus 1,000 jobs Romney claims.

239. concernedtacoma7 says:

That link was crap. Some union boss upset he could no longer take money from the guys he was supposed to represent. Who is the thief there? It whines about how he (or his firm, difference) ran the company. It was HIS company, and he can do whatever he wants. What he wanted to do was make money. And he did.

Even the left is giving up on the attack on capitalism. See the Newark mayor’s remarks and Ford Jr.

You link state he returned 88% and was very smart. Good man to lead America.

While Mitt was running companies BHO was doing coke, getting his wife a no-show job, perpetually campaigning, and contributing zero to society, his communities, the people he represented.

And as a final note, if those companies were so good, making so much money, why would he “ruin” them? Makes no sense.

240. concerned, so you have no rebuttal to the facts in the article, just ad hoc attacks and repeating the total nonsense from the right.

As you should know by now, the Fox news and Romney campaign of mischaracterization of what Newarks’s mayor actually said is biting them on the behind.

Good, healthy American companies, whole towns and people’s lives destroyed by Romney so he could make a profit. Isn’t that admirable?

Here is the very typical “defend-the-bullies” statement: “It was HIS company, and he can do whatever he wants. What he wanted to do was make money. And he did.” (At the expense of innocent people, good workers, healthy companies and against all American values except the new one of out-of-control, unregulated and predatory capitalism)

Pro-bullying, the new mantra for America.

241. averageJoseph says:

Anderson Cooper… LMAO. May as well have been Dan Rather.

242. averageJoseph says:

The desperation is palpable…

243. “Anderson Cooper… LMAO. May as well have been Dan Rather

Says the “entity” who posted a Michael Savage video. ROFLMAO – it’s comedy gold, I tell ya!

244. averageJoseph says:

Wasn’t me Jr. ;)

245. “Published on May 20, 2012 by WeAreTheSavageNation”

Liar.

246. averageJoseph says:

???

247. averageJoseph says:

More proof that you can’t refute the message, so you attack the messenger.

Liar Look up projection.

The last refuge of a scoundrel who knows he’s losing… Jr.

248. averageJose says: