We should re-elect Barack Obama in 2012 for a number of good reasons.
• A second term means big bucks and fame for Obama. He could write some books and hit the lecture circuit for fun and profit. He could possibly make more money than Al Gore did from working the global warming shtick.
• It would mean the end of Hillary Clinton’s political career. She would be too old and relegated to the history books as far as future political office is concerned – not a bad outcome!
• Then there are the Republican candidates. Honestly, with the exception of Ron Paul or Gary Johnson, they would all be willing to start a shooting war with Canada to boost the price of Halliburton’s stock.
• Which leads in to the next reason we should re-elect Obama: As long as the Republicans control the House and the Senate isn’t strongly controlled by the Democrats, the executive and legislative branches of our government can’t do us much harm. What’s not to like about that?
• If we don’t re-elect Obama, the media talking heads will be calling us all racists for years. Eugene Robinson and Leonard Pitts Jr. will have a field day. I can see the scathing editorials now; re-electing Obama would avoid their raging screeds.
Re-electing Obama is a no-brainer because it avoids so much grief. Keep Obama in the White House for another four years!