The corporate media say that Occupy Seattle/Wall Street lacks specific goals. But the next step is a precise political platform.
• We want public election financing: no corporate money in U.S. elections.
• We want to replace the international banking system with publicly franchised local banks and credit unions.
• We want to replace corporations with worker-owned cooperatives, which are private businesses owned by the
people who actually make things.
• We want progressive taxation to finance jobs and rebuild national infrastructure.
• We want to bring the troops home and end U.S. imperial occupation of the Third World.
Who is our opponent? Any American who loves banks and corporations more than human beings.
This platform is more specific than anything offered by any Republican or Democratic candidate for president.