Now that the Puyallup voters have completed round one in the primary, there is time to consider the “real thing” coming in November.
• A mayor who seems to believe that the Bill of Rights has limited standing inside city limits.
• A deputy mayor who trashes Puyallup’s No. 1 employer during a council meeting.
•A councilman who has shown up to more secret meetings at city hall than public council meetings.
• Another councilman who orders the police chief to run background checks on citizens parking in city parking lots.
• A councilwoman who calls the police on a longtime respected citizen who asks her a valid campaign question.
• A finance director who says he has no idea how the finance system really works.
•A councilman who votes to spend $3 million of taxpayer money to blacktop a parking lot for an organization of which he is a shareholder.
•A city hall that sells building permits allowing apartment construction on a toxic landfill.
• A council that after three years is quite happy with only 60 employees occupying a $40 million city hall.
• A city mired in $100 million of debt..
If you like the status quo, keep Nicole Martineau. I for one am not and will be voting for Steve Vermillion in November to clean this mess up at city hall.