Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

BIN LADEN: Don’t celebrate a man’s death

Letter by Corin Cates-Carney, Tacoma on May 2, 2011 at 2:45 pm with 217 Comments »
May 2, 2011 3:07 pm

If our response to everything we oppose is to destroy, and if we take pride in that destruction, if we wave our flags in celebration for both death and life in the same way as when an Olympic champion raises up a gold medal, then America has lost sight of its dream.

The dead are still dead, the sick are still sick and the homeless are still looking for a place to call home. Osama bin Laden’s death will not heal the world, and since when did a man’s death also destroy his beliefs?

The idea that crashed into the World Trade Center will not die with one man, and it will not be by an act of violence that our country will begin to heal what has been broken.

Before we raise our voices and celebrate, let us first look more closely at what we are celebrating. What is it that we have achieved?

Let us take this time to honor all those who have died by the hands of hatred, and then continue to work for peace, through peaceful actions and kindness. And hopefully the next time our country has cause for celebration it will not be a result of a man’s death, but rather a celebration of peace, understanding and compassion.

Tags:
  1. BigSwingingRichard says:

Maybe people are not celebrating Bin Laden’s death. Perhaps they are celebrating vengeance, and rightfully so.

2. taxedenoughintacoma says:

We are Americans and when we catch a big fish and bag that trophy deer we celebrate. When we kill our enemies it is a reason to celebrate. Politically correct pacifist like you are the reason we are not respected (or feared) anymore. It’s people like you that condemn the troops for doing their job. It’s people like you that keep us from winning a war. We are Americans not pantywaist.

I don’t like obama but I give him a hat tip on this mission and I celebrate our victory over the mad man OBL. It’s a good day and we all have a reason to celebrate. I’m buying!!

3. TacDave says:

I agree with Corbin’s view. A death is a death, we should be sad that people celebrate a single death of the man who lead to the killing of thousands. No we should be in mourning.
    Be proud of those who risked their lives to get the leader of this gang, yes, but to celebrate it like a US victory, no. I will celebrate once this “war” has ended and our surviving troops come back home where they belong.

4. Roncella says:

corin-cates, You can’t really believe what you wrote in your letter, unbelieveable.

Stop and pinch yourself, and think of the heartache Osama bin Laden caused so many American Mothers, Fathers, Sons, Daughters, Brothers, Sisters, children who lost a parent.

When those two huge Buildings collapsed with thousands of innocent people trapped inside,along with the damage and deaths the other two planes did it left a terrible scar on America and Americans.

The extremely violent Muslims that want to follow in Osama’s foot steps had better beware.

Why can’t you let Americans enjoy the moment that that lowlife murderer is dead.

We all understand there are other extreme violent Muslims who want to kill Americans, at least they got a message, that if they do they will pay the utlimate price of death.

5. beerBoy says:

So….dancing in the streets to celebrate killing your enemy is good when we do it but a sign of their depravity when they do it?

6. BlaineCGarver says:

Thanks, Corin…..We needed a good laugh today.
    God Bless America, and a rare tip ‘o the hat (from me, anyway) to Obama for allowing our teams to do a job well done.

7. BlaineCGarver says:

bB, if you’re not sure what side to cheer for, ask an American.

8. old_benjamin says:

Seal team 6, Hooyah.

9. xx98411 says:

yep, kinda that to the victor goes the spoils thing….

If it make ya feel better, Al-Queda said they will blow a nuke if OBL was killed… If they are not too close to the blast radius they will be cheering then too. Got your sunglasses and suntan lotion?

10. larsman says:

Dear Corin – hyphen –
    Your Polly-annish attempt at moral equivalency is insulting to our military service personnel and to me.
    Your unthoughtful attitude equivocates to disdaining the punishment of crime or the protecting of innocents.
    Just try your “equivalency” in some country like…Pakistan, dear…

11. xx98411 says:

Their are a few dozen men that will remain nameless for the time being…

For now, I offer my congradulations on a job well done. America is proud of you and your commitment to duty.

God bless you all…

12. KARDNOS says:

All the typical characters with all the typical attitudes.

I’m glad the SEAL team was successful in their duty. I am glad the world is without Bin Laden.

I’m not glad to see my fellow Americans acting like the people they despise.

13. KARDNOS says:

Oh…and though I’m “godless”, I find it interesting that anyone would request that “God” bless a killing…..

I guess I take the Bible too literally.

14. larsman says:

Bb- So you’re a moral equivalence adherent?

For you and Corin hyphen…Everyone cheered when Hitler was dead.
    That would somehow be problematic for you two, also?

Beware of lazy cowards who re-engineer specifics into vague generalities
    ( a Hitler or Bin Laden magically become POOF just some “human” with no history or sequence of evil (that’s right you two…evil) events or ideology).
    Floating (non) moral compass with a needle of wood?

15. larsman says:

Kardnose, doubtful that you ever read, much less understand the book you cite, except lifting a line from Leviticus or Joshua completely out of context along with your commensurate lack of historical, archeological, geographical or spiritual connectivity.

16. poppop says:

I remember seeing UBL lauhhing after the 911 attacks! I say good ridence to a mentally deranged monster!

17. blakeshouse says:

With all the typical BS being spread around here by all the usual suspects it is no wonder we have gone from being seen as the world super power to the worlds panty wastes All of you socialists boo hooing our cheering the death by our hands of this pig (muslim insult intended) find a park and hold hands while singing kum by ya

I am all for pulling every troop out of that area now, parking a carrier task force off the coast and letting em have at each other, but just one slip up, one American dying in retaliation, and the whole area should become a glass parking lot.

Give it a few days and the apologizer-in -chief WILL find a way to say we are sorry for what we did

18. KARDNOS says:

Oh Larsman, I was a youth director for a mainstream Christian church. I just didn’t read the version that you keep misquoting…..

I forget that you Evangelicals invented Christianity in the 19th Century.

19. KARDNOS says:

kinda cute watching the “Christians” love the revenge……LOL

How about this? The bad man is dead, lets get on with living.

If I’m living in the past I have no future.

20. KARDNOS says:

Meanwhile the alleged Muslim President of our nation handle the whole deal as a professional and with dignity.

:::::::::pours another cup of blood for the bloodthirsty:::::::

21. KARDNOS says:

xx…..the God that I read about in the New Testament probably wouldn’t bless anyone for killing anyone for any reason. But I’m just a literalist.

22. KARDNOS says:

When we learn how do deal with others – and others with us – without killing, we might then know the God thing that is spoken of.

23. xx98411 says:

But I’m just a literalist.

you are… again that is not what I am praying for.. we can move on…

24. Roncella says:

KARDNOS, You can’t be so stupid as to not understand why Real Americans would be thrilled to learn Osama is dead.

People like you have weakened America, Thank God you represent a tiny portion of fools who call themselves American, but really don’t have a clue what being an American means.

25. YeeHaw says:

KARDNOS says:
    May 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm
    ———

We fear the rest of you who are waving flags and celebrating. We know that in your fervor, you will attack us, both verbally and physically. So we keep our heads down, and our mouths shut, and scurry home and draw our curtains.

But we are here. And we are many.

26. larsman says:

Kard, Which version would you like NIV ,NKJV, KJV, LXX ?
    You proved my point regarding generalizing the specific.
    So you are against “killing” ? Hebrew OT Ex 20 / Deut 5 (you know? the 10 Commandments) the word is “murder” . But your position has been that ..well..
    but abortion is somehow o.k.. hypocrisy much?
    So you WERE a “youth minister” at a “mainline” church (no specifics again)?
    And what happened? You quit or?
    Here’s your Pro life line for the day :Jer 1 : 5
    Again, wooden needle in your compass…

27. xx98411 says:

Yeehaw I respect your post, you haven’t attacked anyone nor played the holier than thou card…

with that being said I actually agree with the sentiment that we are not popular this week… true that… my hopes are that we will be respected.

28. LarryFine says:

I’m glad he’s dead (Osama). I’m glad we killed him (Osama) . I’m glad Obama grew up and continued Bush policies… I’m glad Obama is using the term “terrorist” finally. I’m glad GITMO is still open. I’m glad we waterboarded Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. I’m glad Obama continued warrantless wiretapping. I’m glad Osama wasn’t brought back here for trial. I’m glad it was Obama who did this… there’s no doubt if it were the previous president the story wouldn’t quite be the same….

It’s a great day to be an American… it’s a great day to revel in our American Exceptionalism!

29. SSounder says:

I don’t see a celebration of the death of a terroist as much as I see a lifting of a burden. Like finding out the chemo and radiation worked afterall.

30. runner5375 says:

You are incorrect in calling him a man. He was a monster and a murderer and he got to live ten years longer than all of his victims. I just wish he could have been killed 3000 times.

31. Polago says:

Roncella, the word may be relieved but “thrilled” is a bit gruesome.

Killing someone for the thrill of it is somehow weird.

32. ItalianSpring says:

1) I’ll say it again: I’m not (and neither are you) Jesus.
    2) Liberals are maybe a little bothered when terrorists kill 2 thousand US citizens (some of which even vote liberal, but sacrifices must be made, right)
    3) “Literalism” is ok as long as it extends to the US Constitution
    4) Osomba knew we would come after him for what he did, and not to give him a new car
    5) Hey 911 truthers- every Obomba run news channel has been saying Osomba planned the destruction of the twin towers, NOT Bush
    6) Osomba died like a little wussy
    7) We got him and I am partying like it’s 1999
    8) Pakistan- you’ve made our %&$# list, and you will pay after Obomba leaves

33. KARDNOS says:

“I’m glad Obama grew up and continued Bush policies”

No, Obama didn’t put on a flight suit with codpiece or say “bring ‘em on”.

Obama handled the issue with finess and dignity.

34. alindasue says:

YeeHaw said, “Thank you. I appreciate your sentiments Kardnos, as well as those of Corin Cates-Carney. We will not be popular this week. We were not popular the months after 09/11 when we decried the build up to war. But we are here, and we are not a minority, though only a few of us have the courage to speak publicly.”

Add mine to the list of people who will speak up against this madness, even if it doesn’t make me popular with the more vocal among us. The death of an “enemy” who poses a real threat might be cause for justifiable relief, but it should never be cause for riotous celebration.

larsman said, “Kard, Which version would you like NIV ,NKJV, KJV, LXX ?”

My personal preference is KJV, but all the versions speak clearly of Jesus, the ultimate pacifist and my favorite role model (as well as my Savior). Even when He felt the need to correct or punish, he did not celebrate after He had done so.

For the record, larsman, I am very much pro-life. However, I find it very hypocritical to be pro-life but also be for killing “enemies” in a war. That is why I am a pacifist.

Roncella, I’m not in the mood to play the “Real American” (sounds like a brand of cheese…) game with you today. Sorry. My love for the United States, its Constitution, and its people are not yours to question.

35. KARDNOS says:

“larsman says:
    May 2, 2011 at 5:47 pm
    So you are against “killing” ? No, I’m opposed to hypocrisy

but abortion is somehow o.k.. abortion isn’t killing

So you WERE a “youth minister” at a “mainline” church (no specifics again)? Methodist, if it makes a difference, but an established Christian religion, not a “Johnny Come Lately Make up your Denomination/We Hate Gay People” church

And what happened? You quit or? Yep, quit. Couldn’t stand the hypocrisy of the adults of the congregation. The kids were great! One of the bleeding deacons told me “We’re not going to let you turn this church into a teen club” I’m sure Jesus was proud of her

Here’s your Pro life line for the day :Jer 1 : 5 ProLife? How can you be prolife when you aren’t willing to take care of the sick and old people?

By the way, Lars….I’m sure that Jesus is proud of your acceptance of me.

36. KARDNOS says:

alindasue – These are the same people that crow about their desire to “return to the Constitution”…….sorta funny, isn’t it?

37. KARDNOS says:

Roncella….you haven’t proven to me that you are not an illegal alien. Until I see your birth certificate, you are an illegal alien. Your “real American” rhetoric is just a facade to hide your illegality.

I do find it rather humerous that you have to jump up and down and holler “USA” to be a real American, though…..

38. KARDNOS says:

Now I know this is heading away from a wonderful dialog about killing someone, but since lars decided to play SuperChristian for us…..allow me to share the Word:

“For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least among you, you did not do for me.'”
    \
    Strangely, I cannot find anything Christian about those that won’t feed the hungry, provide drink to the thirsty, provide shelter to the homeless, provide clothes to the needy, provide medical care to the sick (note that Jesus even took into consideration that they may be imprisoned!!!)

Bottom line – Jesus of Nazareth said that what you did not do for those unfortunates, you did not do for him.

Someone call Paul Ryan and tell him that Ayn Rand was an Atheist that got a social security check on a regular basis.

The Sermon is over. You can go back to celebrating Bin Laden’s death.

39. KARDNOS says:

“Roncella, I’m not in the mood to play the “Real American” (sounds like a brand of cheese..)”

:::::::::::high fives alindasue:::::::::::

40. larsman says:

Alinda- So , in your opinion, an unborn baby is equal to a murderer.
    Pacifism only works until someone begins to strike at you or yours.
    Moral equivalency is like wearing a blindfold and guessing which one of two glasses contains water or poison…after all …they’re just liquid so stop being “judgmental”.

Kard stumbles with – “ProLife? How can you be prolife when you aren’t willing to take care of the sick and old people?

By the way, Lars….I’m sure that Jesus is proud of your acceptance of me.”

How did you determine whether or not I take care of the sick or not?
    How did you determine my acceptance /or not of you personally?
    Going just by what you’ve said of yourself. Sorry to hear about your transferring your problems with adults in a liberal mainline church, to include others you have not even met. Your understanding of the Bible is apparently at a superficial level restricted to Matt 5 – 7 with absolutely no interest in much else, which is so typical of those that don’t really believe in Jesus and all of what he said.( The “golden rule” also goes along with Rom. 13). Excluding the parts you are uncomfortable with will not only cause you spiritual atrophy, it is also making God into an image created by you. (2nd Commandment). Looks like YOU are the one judging God by what people do, and judging people by what you misunderstand to be what God said,an all to common mistake….

41. KARDNOS says:

“How did you determine whether or not I take care of the sick or not?
    How did you determine my acceptance /or not of you personally?

Where do you stand on “Obama Care”? (I used your term as to not confuse you) You are more than happy to care for the sick as long as Obama has nothing to do with it….right? Or is it the taxes?

Question #2 – I can’t be intellectually honest for you. That’s your job.

I’d love to play the “judging” game with you, but don’t you find it just a bit stupid? It’s sort of like “I know you are but what am I?”

Now, the really fun game is when you intimate that everyone else isn’t capable of understanding scripture, but you have the magic handshake.

Isn’t it fascinating that I pegged you as an Evangelical and I didn’t even have to ask?

42. KARDNOS says:

“Your understanding of the Bible is apparently at a superficial level restricted to Matt 5 – 7 with absolutely no interest in much else, which is so typical of those that don’t really believe in Jesus and all of what he said”

Gosh no, lars. I also know this one - “Be not like the hypocrites praying in public to be seen by men”. I like to haul that one out when I see the Evangelicals hollering about kids not being able to gather around a flagpole to pray at school. Or when they put on their dog and pony show in front of a womens health clinic.

There is no secret decoder ring for reading The Bible and those that pretend that there is, usually have a deceptive motive behind their tact.

43. KARDNOS says:

“Pacifism only works until someone begins to strike at you or yours”

“You have heard that it was said, ‘An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.’ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you,

Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you.

Such a scholar, lars.

44. KARDNOS says:

I’ll leave you with this –

Bin Laden and Al Queda were responsible for the deaths of thousands of Muslims. Somewhere, Muslims are celebrating his death.

Common ground is a beginning.

45. Publico says:

Did he have a chance to surrender? Did he decide not to? Questions that will never be answered leave us with his death. I would have preferred to have him in court. Celebrating his death is grotesque. Those who do so are no better than those who killed Daniel Pearl if one works through the hype.
    Vengeance is vengeance and the rationale for each individual event does not matter according to some moralities with which I am familiar.

46. LarryFine says:

Obama just continued the policies of the former president… even contradicting his (Obama’s) own campaign pledges… kooky… Good for him (Obama) for recognizing Bush’s wisdom…

47. LarryFine says:

“Somewhere, Muslims are celebrating his death.”
    … but we have yet to find any…

48. SadujTogracse says:

Kardnos, a self-defined agnostic, is trying to tell everyone the meaning of the Bible again. Oh and that feeding the hungry and clothing the naked thing, that can be done through other means that are much more efficient than through taxation. Your straw is burning man.

49. SadujTogracse says:

“If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also”

That scripture (as everyone but Kardnos knows) is referring to walking away from an insult such as a middle finger or slap in the face. It has nothing to do with advocating pacifism or speaking against self-defense. Kardnos’ lack of Biblical knowledge is about at the same low level as everything else he speaks of.

50. Publico,
    Did the people at the Twin Towers have the chance to surrender?

LarrryF,
    What campaign pledge did Obama contradict?
    Certainly not the one that said He would catch BL even if it meant sending troops into Pakistan

51. Corin Cates-Carney, of Tacoma
    Did you write the same thing to all the Muslims overseas when they celebrate the attack on the twin towers? Did you tell them how wrong they were for doing so? If not don’t tell those who lost love ones on 9-11 and all the other Americans that we can’t celebrate the death of this Murder. I will celebrate the death of this murder just like I did when Bush Left office and McCain lost the presidency. Last time I check they we live in America and have the freedom to do so!

52. menopaws says:

You guys are missing a very big point……….I am not thrilled by all the dancing in the streets over Bin Laden’s death……But, it sends a message to every two bit dictator like Kadhafi or Bin Laden wannabe–we will prevail. We can come and get you and we will……….Never underestimate our tenacity or determination when you attack our country. One last thing…….To all of the doubters about our President. He says what he means…and means what he says. He told us in the debates, he would go into Pakistan to get him–with or without their help. Every other candidate made fun of him for saying it……..This is a serious man who needs to be treated with much more respect. I am sure the government of Pakistan knows that today–how about some doubting Americans?

53. beerBoy says:

It took the greatest military might on the planet 10 years to find an kill one man who required dialysis to stay alive (one wonders how he was able to move the dialysis machine with him to all these places or buy replacements without having them tracked by Intelligence). But, according to reports, he spent those 10 years in hiding (correction: a mansion) funding terrorist operations all over the world (wow, he must have been worth billions upon billions [cue Carl Sagan voice] to single-handedly fund all those operations – perhaps the Pentagon could study his methods to find some cost cutting measures) and yet, our Intelligence couldn’t track or stop these massive transfusions of money (one imagines al Qaeda operatives carrying millions in gold coins hot glued to the inside of their thighs to avoid electronic surveillance). But, we finally got him, yay US! We’re number 1! Cue the dancing in the streets! High fives all around – this is better than winning the Super Bowl! Lex Luther is dead!

The original mission in Afghanistan was to find and kill OBL. Mission Accomplished. Can the troops come home now?

54. NWflyfisher says:

OK,, I won’t celebrate Osama Bin Laden’s death. Instead, I’ll jubilantly celebrate Seal Team Six’s success in assisting Bin Laden to expeditiously meet Allah and get his 72 virgins. I’m sure he would thank the U.S. and Seal Team Six in particular if he could since he must be thrilled to be where he’s at today.

55. KARDNOS says:

“That scripture (as everyone but Kardnos knows) is referring to walking away from an insult such as a middle finger or slap in the face.”

I see we have another secret decoder ring Bible reader.

Gosh, I thought the reason why it was translated to English is so that all could understand.

In most places a slap in the face would be known as assault, but let’s not let the facts get in the way.

56. frosty says:

beerboy, ” it took the greatest military might on the planet earth to find and kill one man”, beerboy, are there still cockroaches, rats and other kinds of vermon on planet earth? If so, I ask why? We’ve been spraying poison on them for many years but they are still here. Why do you find it so difficult to believe that it would take ten years to flush out Bin Laden? Wasn’t he smarter than a rat or cockroach?

57. KARDNOS says:

Why do people find the need to insult the millions of Muslims who had nothing to do with Bin Laden?

Let’s make an effort to see if we can lower ourselves to a bottom rung standard.

beerBoy – I’m with you. Let’s pull the troops out of Afghanistan and Iraq. If Libya’s Colonel continues to be a problem, I’d say our Special Opps people have proven they have the ability to solve the problem. Maybe if we quit spending billions of dollars taking care of two bit dictators and terrorists, we can use some of that money at home to take care of people in need.

Oh wait…the Bible doesn’t say to tax for that. It says to wait for the greedy to feel bad enough to care for others. I think Helen Waite is in charge of that. If you want the greedy to care for others, go to Helen Waite.

58. harleyrider1 says:

Not sure what to say to an American (?) that actually believes Bin Laden had a right to live peacefully in a mansion, in a land far away.

I don’t mean to be sarcastic, but I wasn’t born yet when the deaths of many of the enemy ended WWII, but I suppose there were Americans (?) that were sad at those deaths too.

It would make a world statement to bring our troops home expeditiously now.

59. KARDNOS says:

frosty – nice analogy, you compare millions (which is probably trillions) of bugs to one terrorist. Keep up the good work. You’re almost making sense.

By the way, we haven’t seen proof that you aren’t an illegal alien yet.

60. KARDNOS says:

“harleyrider1 says:
    May 3, 2011 at 7:29 am

Who in hell said that?????????????????????

61. frosty says:

Corin-Cates, I wonder if you would still be as charitable towards a mass murderer if one of your loved ones died as a result of his actions.Would you be saddened if someone burned your loved one to death or caused them to jump from a sky scraper? It takes a very confused individual to not see the joy in putting such a monster to death. But, as I’ve said many times before, liberalism is a mental disorder.

62. KARDNOS says:

menopaws – I know you mean well in your analysis of the celebration being a show of superiority, but sometimes the best thing you can do when you score a touchdown is to act like it’s the most normal thing you do.

63. frosty says:

KARDNOS, I haven’t seen proof that you are an American citizen yet. The more I read your posts the less convinced I am that you are or deserve to be called an American. You are very generous about using “our Special Opps people” to solve a problem, ie; kill Khadafi, but I seriously doubt that you would have the guts volunteer for the military. Typical liberal.

64. KARDNOS says:

I’ve read and re-read the above letter and I find no one being “charitable” towards Bin Laden.

I do see someone bringing up the senselessness of turning it into a circus sideshow.

Some people just don’t understand the difference.

65. KARDNOS says:

frosty….great response! The ever favorite “I know you are but what am I”.

I know this will be something you can’t even come close to comprehending frosty……but……(now get ready)…….The Admiral in charge of this operation is an old school friend of mine and unless Eric has changed drastically over the years, he wouldn’t claim bravado over the action. He would just say it was his job.

Now, we’ve heard your war stories of peace time assignments in Europe while you were in the military building for those veterans benefits. I’m sure THAT took guts….didn’t it?

As to “illegal” – it’s just a little game I like to play with those that wave the flag so hard that it covers their face so that they can’t see our President of the United States who was born in the 50th State in the Union.

66. KARDNOS says:

Frosty….tell us about your time in Special Opps….

You WERE in the military….right? Did you handle Kamikazees like Bush did?

67. frosty says:

KARDNOS, oh! so have a friend who is an Admiral? I guess that makes you a “hero” now right? O.K, I’ll consider you a hero through osmosis. Maybe that will make you feel like a real man now. As I’ve said to other liberal draft dodgers such as you, I don’t oarmally talk about miluitary issues with someone who is too chicken-hearted to have ever volunteered, it would all go over your head.

68. frosty says:

correction “the word is “normally” not “oarmally”. I had to correct that before KARDNOS finds reason to do a 10 page dissertation.

69. frosty says:

more ammo for KARDNOS, “MILITARY’ NOT MILUITARY”. That should keep him busy for a while.

70. frosty says:

KARDNOS, does ” Eric” keep you posted on events as they happen on the front lines? Or does ” Eric’ even know who you are? If he does know who you are, I don’t think he’d spend a lot of time talking with someone of your stripe.

71. Polago says:

….and you think that liberalism is a mental disorder?

72. KARDNOS says:

frosty – Eric Olson and I went off to different high schools, but since we competed against each other in a student president campaign in Junior High, I’m sure he hasn’t forgotten me as I haven’t forgotten him. It was a fun campaign. We are not close personal friends today, but as I said (and you so conveniently missed) unless he has changed drastically since we were friends, he would not be full of bravado and false patriotism for the work he does. It was not his way. If you read the story on him in today’s Trib, you’ll find that others that know him say exactly the same thing.

Eric Olsen and the SEAL team don’t need false partriotism to know what their job is. I would also guess that Admiral Olson is far to dignified to run around claiming everyone that doesn’t think like him is “UnAmerican” (I’m giving you credit for thinking – no thanks required)

As to draft dodgers, you must be disgusted with Dick Cheney and his multiple deferments and George Bush, who got “fortunate son” status to get in the National Guard and avoid Vietnam. I’m just a guy that got a high lottery number and sat out one year of 1A status and was never drafted.

Like Cheney, I didn’t volunteer because I “had other things to do”. I married young and had a child, too. Just like Cheney, I started on my career early.

73. KARDNOS says:

frosty…now WHEN was it that you served in Special Opps?

I note that your definition of “chicken hearted” reduced from the need to serve in special opps to “volunteered” when I asked about your military service.

Polishing a chair with your posterior can be done with equal hazardous conditions, whether serving in Europe or working in the private sector at home.

74. SadujTogracse says:

“In most places a slap in the face would be known as assault, but let’s not let the facts get in the way”

LOL, not to most people who have an atom of testosterone. But I’m sure Tardnos has been assaulted by many women!

75. SadujTogracse says:

So Kardnos is an agnostic and knows everything about the Bible, he also never served and knows everything about the military. Snore…….

76. Parkland says:

The world has some _really_ bad people, Corin, and these people use your kindness against you.

Bin Laden was a guy who gladly sent young idealists to their deaths, yet goes into hiding himself. Bin Laden was a guy who gladly commanded that women and kids be put in harms way, and then used their deaths as psychological weapons against the west. A true coward, who issues “fatwah” against all Americans, meaning you and your kids, while he hides out.

Oh, and by the way, in bin Laden’s world, there’s no room for women, they are just “things” that have kids and don’t enjoy the same afterlife. Nice, huh? That’s why so often, you’ll hear about muslim terrorists scoring hookers the night before do some suicide bomb mission on their way to a glorious afterlife with their 49 virgins and a mule.

77. KARDNOS says:

“Polago says:
    May 3, 2011 at 8:36 am
    ….and you think that liberalism is a mental disorder?”

Polago – if not for false patriotism, rhetoric, dogma and right wing collective crapolla, frosty would have nothing to share.

Interestingly, there is data available that discusses Conservatism as a mental disorder, citing “authoritarian complex”

78. KARDNOS says:

“Oh, and by the way, in bin Laden’s world, there’s no room for women”

This country still pays women less than men for an equal job done. When a CO was killed at Monroe, the Conservatives wailed about “a woman doing a man’s job”

The right of women to vote and own property is relatively new in the United States, compared to when this continent was first settle by Pilgrims. The founding fathers saw no reason to provide equal rights for women for the first 100 plus years and now that we are so enlightened we claim to be the guiding light of women’s rights in the world.

Sorry, we are decades and centuries behind other countries on rights for women.

Most of those that manipulate this false premise don’t realize that Muslim countries have more women in political office than the United States. The reason why they don’t know this is because they smear the entire Muslim population with the brush that is used to paint the most extreme of their kind.

If all Christians were measured by David Koresh, the KKK, the Army of God and other looneys, the howling could be heard clear across the land.

79. KARDNOS says:

sadjus – reading doesn’t require a decoder ring.

Now, for your next false assertion, I don’t claim to know anything about the military per se, but I do know that Dick Cheney and George Bush were classic draft dodgers, which is what I was talking about.

Go back to sleep.

80. Roncella says:

KARDNOS, I have read many of your posts and I have a serious question for you.

Do you enjoy living in America., can you even begin to understand just how lucky you are to be born in America ?

Your opinions are all over the place and seem very weird at times.

81. KGE1911 says:

There is nothing wrong with celebrating the end of pure evil. There is nothing wrong in celebrating justice. This was a man who would not think twice before removing any of our heads with a dull blade. There can be no compromise, no rational discussions with someone like that. And when that person is finally brought to justice it is only proper to celebrate.

82. KARDNOS says:

West’s Encyclopedia of Law defines “assault” as:

A violent physical or verbal attack.

I suggest that Sadjus walk up to a stranger in public and slap them and test the theory.

Of course, Sadjus is just make believe anyway…..LOL

No charge for the education, despite the lack of ability on the part of the student.

83. KARDNOS says:

“This was a man who would not think twice before removing any of our heads with a dull blade.”

Every time someone tries to hype the rhetoric about this subject, they have to bring up beheading. Now it’s “with a dull blade”.

Hyperbole will keep this a popular, if not ridiculous subject.

While discussing the beheading of a journalist, have you ever seen one of these revelers talk about the death and dismemberment that takes place with a bombing raid that hits hundreds and thousands of civilians?

Of course not. They are called “collateral damage”.

One of the beauties of the SEAL team’s action is that they avoided taking the lives of innocent people and focused on a tactic that got their target with the least amount of damage.

Explain that one to the “nuke them until they glow” crowd.

84. Parkland says:

KARDNOS: “You know, this is more of the “false premise” crap that Conservatives love so much.”

And then you go on to address things you hate about the USA, which is pretty much everything, as far as I can tell, but in your anti-America rant, you didn’t seem to counter anything, or have any sort of intelligent response to the comment you were addressing.

85. KGE1911 says:

While discussing the bombing raids do you ever discuss how the terrorists INTENTIONALLY hide among civilians which makes it near impossible to prevent collateral damage?

Of cours not, because you are not interested in facts, just in your sick propaganda.

86. KARDNOS says:

“Roncella says:
    May 3, 2011 at 9:27 am
    KARDNOS, I have read many of your posts and I have a serious question for you.

Your opinions are all over the place and seem very weird at times.”

Roncella, I’d love to answer that for you. Here goes:

I love America and I don’t want to see it turn into a vicious tribal society and celebrates death.
    I love America and I don’t want to see it turned into it’s former self – a country that serves the rich and allows the less fortunate to die.
    I love America and I don’t want to see it lead by people who would employ nuclear weaponry when a skilled fighting team can get the job done.

Now all of that being said, your question is about as ridiculous as can possibly be – seeing that I have repeated, over and over, that I’m glad to see Bin Laden brought to justice and how much I appreciate the skills of our SEAL team. This is what seems to be your measure of “enjoying America”, thus, based on my own words, I qualify quite well. Unfortunately for you the only thing you seem to understand about love of country is some sort of a sily chant or flag waving.

As to your second issue, I think I just answered that. in the last paragraph.

To ease your mind, I don’t expect you to even come close to comprehending me

87. SadujTogracse says:

88. KARDNOS says:

“KGE1911 says:
    May 3, 2011 at 9:38 am
    So would it make things better if it were a sharp blade? It’s not hyperbole it’s the truth. Of course you sound more like an OBL apologist than someone who is interested in the truth.”

Please explain how you KNOW that the blade used to behead Daniel Pearl was “dull”. Although I’m not goulish enough to have watched the video over and over, as many have done, my understanding is that it was instantaneous in execution.

Since it’s truth that you seek, you do recall that Americans have used dunking, hanging, electrocution and poisons to kill its enemies – right? Cultures that spawned our nation used beheading for centuries.

Bin Laden apologist? Nope. Either you are reading impaired or purposefully ignorant.

As to “the truth”, you really don’t want to go there. You just want your version of the truth. Unfortunately there is only one truth, opinions are not fact

89. KARDNOS says:

“SadujTogracse says:
    May 3, 2011 at 9:44 am
    Man, I know Kardnos has issues, but this is even reaching new lows for him! Defending extremist terrorists and showing contempt towards our military actions against them? Wow, that’s scary.”

Now this is precisely the kind of misinformation campaign that a terrorist organization would use. There is not a shred of truth to the statement, but that has nothing to do with it.

In Saduj’s case, it’s just trolling and forum disruption and and inability to discuss the subject matter. SADLY, the tactic IS exactly the same kind of misinformation as used by terrorists and those who seek to make America less than free.

90. KARDNOS says:

Next will the the ever-favorite attack on how many posts I made on this thread. Of course if I didn’t respond to their questions, then I am wrong also.

Does this pattern sound just slightly familiar if you use the words “birth” and “certificate”?

You see, the tactic never changes.

91. Parkland says:

KARDNOS, you certainly do seem to have big problems with the USA. Seems to me, you love what you think the USA may become, should fringe leftists and progressives get their way, but when you say you love the USA, and then in each and every comment, run through more things that you hate about the USA now and through histroy, all I can say is that you’re an anti-American leftist. There’s simply no doubt in my mind.

In 2008, the progressive left thought that they had a mandate, but when anti-American leftists all over came out from under their rocks, most good Americans saw them for what they were, and rejected that political philosophy, big time. Actually, the democrats taking both houses and the executive branch was probably the best thing to ever happen to conservatives, as now we know the face of progressivism, it’s ugly, and it’ll be a generation at least before people can be suckered again.

92. KARDNOS says:

Parkland – you certainly do have problems with your reading comprehension.

93. KGE1911 says:

One question, what was your immediate reaction when you heard OBL was killed? I can tell you that I, as well as my family, did celebrate a little. On the TV people were celebrating all over the nation, are we all full of hate and vengence?

94. KARDNOS says:

Just an interesting aside to the conversation:

PORTLAND, Ore. — Muslims from Oregon who had planned to celebrate the death of Osama bin Laden in downtown Portland Monday night canceled the event due to threats.

The Islamic Society of Greater Portland says bin Laden’s death was a relief to the community because he did not represent their non-violent beliefs.

Spokeswoman Saba Ahmed told KGW that it canceled the gathering in Pioneer Courthouse Square after receiving hateful, extremist emails.

She says it might be more appropriate to have a peaceful healing gathering at the square on Sept. 11.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/05/03/1650654/muslim-event-in-oregon-canceled.html#ixzz1LJH8zSTW

95. KARDNOS says:

“KGE1911 says:
    May 3, 2011 at 10:05 am
    As I stated earlier, does it matter if the blade is dull or sharp? Does it matter if it’s beheading or gunshot or hanging? If you are trying to draw a comparison between our actions in a fight AGAINST terror and the acts of said terrorists, then you are more clueless than I originally thought. I’m well aware that opinions are not fact, a point that is obvious just by reading your comments.”

KGE – you can’t see the forest for all the trees that are in your way.

Don’t you realize that other countries see Americans as “the enemy” and will be equally as vile and animalistic in handling their “enemy”.

I’m sure that you are one of the people that fell for the label of ‘insurgents” during the Iraq War. “Insurgents” are people fighting for THEIR country.

For all your talk about my alleged “propaganda”, you are suckered by a propaganda campaign that leads with a little flag waving and chanting.

I quote:

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross.”
    — Sinclair Lewis

96. scott0962 says:

I understand the elation that the great bogeyman is dead at last but when I saw pictures of people celebrating in the streets it was eerily reminsicent of the pictures of people celbrating in the streets in the Muslim world when the twin towers fell.

97. KARDNOS says:

“One question, what was your immediate reaction when you heard OBL was killed?”

Fair question.

First, I was relieved to know that finally we were successful in what we set out to do 10 years ago.

Second, I recalled George Bush’s quote – “I don’t know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don’t care. It’s not that important. It’s not our priority.”
    – G.W. Bush, 3/13/02
    You’ll note that was about 6 months after 9/11/01

Third, I “prayed” (meditated) on the thought that I hoped there was no more retaliation for our actions as I don’t want to see anyone hurt or killed.

How is that for an answer?

98. KARDNOS says:

My thoughts exactly, scott. We don’t want to become “them”

99. Parkland says:

Awesome, you’re now quoting an American communist who couldn’t put the bottle down.

100. KGE1911 says:

scott there is no comparison between showing elation when thousands of innocent people in office buildings, planes, and Government facilities are murdered and celebrating the death of OBL who is as close to pure evil as a human being can get.

101. slugoxyz says:

I do not appreciate the dancing in the streets and the singing over the death of one very bad man. I would have preferred a head nod and a quiet, confident “who’s next?”

However, like many of you have said, this war is far from over. Having served for 22 years including the present war and sitting here with 70% disability, I appreciate our men and women warriors in a capacity that some of you can only imagine. While I wish they could all come home, it is very important that we fight this fight until those people that want to harm us, either give up that quest or have been killed. It is not some imperialistic war monger attitude that places our men and women over there. It is the desire to bring the fight to our attackers. If we all come home, then the religious fanatics that hate us will come to us here as they did on 9-11. In order to keep the fight off our streets, out of our malls, away from our schools, our brave men and women hold the line overseas and stand amidst a torrent of fundamentalists that would try to kill the fighting hand of our nation rather than come to its heart and head. I have no ill will against any religion. I believe we all worship the same god in a host of different ways. I do have a strong will to defend ourselves from people who hate the freedom that we live under, see our wealth as decadence and hate us for protecting the oppressed. Credit where credit is due. It took our intelligence power 10 years to find and kill this man with a minimum of collateral damage. But while we were looking, our intelligence community has kept us safe here in America. So, credit where credit is due. Our intelligence power has been doing a great job keeping us safe to write to the TNT.

Credit where credit is due. I’m not an Obama fan but he was at the wheel when OBL was killed. I think he has continued to empower a host of brave, professional and extremely capable group of men and women in our armed forces. Mission accomplished? It was premature when “W” said it, it would be premature now.

102. KARDNOS says:

Parkland –

Isn’t “kill the messenger” a fun game?

103. KARDNOS says:

Parkland – your statement about Lewis’ alcoholism sort of reminds me of Limbaugh’s answer to drug addicts.

Today, Limbaugh also champions Ayn Rand.

“Conservative talk-show host Rush Limbaugh gave a lengthy monologue today titled “The Smallest Minority on Earth,” in which he talked about the importance of individual rights.

Along the way, he paid due homage to the “brilliant writer and novelist, Ayn Rand.”

104. KARDNOS says:

Birds of a feather, huh?

105. KARDNOS says:

Slug…..thanks for your service. I can only hope that the veterans adminstration is there 100% for you as you live with your disability. Unfortunately those benefits seem to be a bargaining tool in politics.

As to your reference to 9/11 – Bin Laden and a couple dozen people are the culprits. It would appear that all are dead or captured, but unfortunately an inept Administration spawned many more followers via a war that had nothing to do with 9/11.

We can only hope we don’t have to revisit this point in time.

106. xx98411 says:

wow, just got through all the post to date… karnos, dude, off the meds today?

your just slinging… chill out dude…

107. KARDNOS says:

“KGE1911 says:
    May 3, 2011 at 10:23 am
    Other countries will see us as enemies NO MATTER WHAT we do. As to your reaction, you felt relief when he was dead, fair enough.”

I notice that you sidestepped my thoughts on George Bush’s statement about Bin Laden.

If “being American” is celebrating Bin Laden’s death, what is saying “I don’t know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don’t care. It’s not that important. It’s not our priority.” ?

108. KARDNOS says:

xx….I guess you don’t have any adult conversation to add to the discussion. Why don’t you find a sandbox to play where someone wants to act like a child?

The rest of us are discussing a serious matter that requires mature thinking.

109. KARDNOS says:

By the way, xx….

I don’t own a “just slinging”, so your statement – although partial and fragmented – is incorrect at best.

110. KGE1911 says:

I don’t think about Bush anymore because he’s not the President. I give the Obama administration credit for this operation. Some people don’t look for partisan politics under every rock.

111. KARDNOS says:

Oh….KGE…I should add that when I heard about Bin Laden’s death, I was glad that we wouldn’t have to hear about his election time tape recordings which amazingly always seemed to polarize people to the Republican candidate. I was always amused how a Religious Conservative like Bin Laden, became a Democrat around election time.

112. KARDNOS says:

KGE….quoting a President that – after 6 months, was no longer interested in the man who masterminding the worst attack on our soil – is not partisan politics. It’s history. It’s fact.

You claimed you wanted facts.

113. KGE1911 says:

If you’re looking to me to play your political game with this event then you’re looking in the wrong place. This was not a partisan event, it was a great day for America end of story.

114. xx98411 says:

Just a reminder he is not the President anymore…

Also so you know, do you really wanna conjour up the Obama quotes about all this and the observation that by following Bush policies in lockstep is the reason for this success over the past few days…

I am sorry, I got a douse of your slinging disease…

Go troops, America is proud of you and your commitment to the mission. God bless you all!!!

115. KARDNOS says:

“xx98411 says:
    May 3, 2011 at 10:54 am
    Bush statement is out of context and your misinterpretation is off yet again… slinging dude… just slinging…”

I guess you are going to attempt adult conversation

Please…..correct the context. I’d love to see what I’ve been missing for 9 years. Personally, I just copied and pasted the quote, thus I’m interpreting nothing. Much like the Bible, I just read the words on the page.

116. KARDNOS says:

KGE – you know it’s interesting how you folks and hound a man like Barack Obama about a birth certificate and when presented with the fact that the President in charge of Bin Laden’s capture wasn’t interested any longer, you claim it to be “a political game”.

Bush lost interest after 6 months. According to the media the executed plan of success took over a year to complete.

Maybe the problem is obvious.

117. Roncella says:

KARDNOS, = Weird = Strange= Unique. !!

118. KARDNOS says:

xx – when in doubt, always return to “kill the messenger” and cheerleading.

Meanwhile, this event was a serious undertaking and, as we say, took something more than rhetoric, a flight suit and mass manipulation.

I’m guessing the troops won’t have much time to celebrate as they have to be prepared for the next reprisal.

I’m glad Bin Laden is gone, but I”m sure this is far from over.

119. xx98411 says:

No, you pasted part of the quote… you did not provide the context, where it was said, why it was said, what the statement was in respond to, etc…

…thus, I’m interpreting nothing.

That would be your first problem…

Much like the Bible, I just read the words on the page

The Bible is far, far, far more than a collection of words strung together to provide sentences. I refer to your first problem to see why…

120. KGE1911 says:

“you folks”? Please explain how I am a “you folk”? I neve hounded the President about his birth certificate, ever. You are clueless about what I believe. You are making false assumptions and trying to stereotype me. Because anyone who celebrates the death of OBL must be a birther, right?

The only thing that is obvious is your hyper-partisanship and your desire to turn anything into a political rant.

121. xx98411 says:

xx – when in doubt, always return to “kill the messenger” and cheerleading.

Just following your lead…

I’m glad Bin Laden is gone, but I”m sure this is far from over.

I am dryheaving as I write this but we actually agree.

122. xx98411 says:

karnos to be sure you haven’t missed it but you forgot to accuse any one of us of racism as you have done lately… This horse is dead but what the heck, you wanna find some way to get that in before we all move on?

123. KARDNOS says:

KGE…..so you are saying that you never joined in the “birther” questioning and that you stood up for the President citing that their questions were ludicrous? I’m willing to search the archives to prove my position, if necessary.

124. KARDNOS says:

Again….it’s humorous how I’m all of a sudden being “partisan” because I demonstrated that the Commander in Chief lost interest in finding Bin Laden a mear 6 months after 9/11.

You are truly a master of manipulation.

125. KARDNOS says:

xx….still searching for that adult comment that fits this forum? The subject is the death of Bin Laden and it’s repercussions/history.

try again.

126. KARDNOS says:

“xx98411 says:
    May 3, 2011 at 11:07 am
    xx – when in doubt, always return to “kill the messenger” and cheerleading.

Just following your lead…”

then you reduce to “I know you are but what am I?”

:::::::::sigh::::::::::

127. KARDNOS says:

“The Bible is far, far, far more than a collection of words strung together to provide sentences”

To those with a method to their madness, the Bible requires a “special annointing” to understand.

To those of us when a fluid understanding if the English language, we comprehend the words on the page and their context, as per said language.

I’m reminded that antiquated religions had the practice of “you guys can’t understand this, so I’ll go talk to God and tell you what he said”.

Sort of interesting how we are “all God’s children” but he’d only talk to Moses.

But I digress…..

128. KGE1911 says:

That’s exactly what I’m saying. In fact I even had arguments with family members about the birth certificate nonsense. But by all means search away, search as long as you want. You won’t find any support of the birthers in my comment history, ever. You can’t drop everyone into neat little buckets like you are trying to do.

129. KARDNOS says:

KGE1911 – I have begun my search. If I’m wrong, I prompty will admit so.

130. KGE1911 says:

You’re partisan because you’re trying to politicize comments about whether or not it is ok to celebrate the killing of OBL. But of course that’s your MO…. no matter what the story is about. Heck I even read a comment from you politicizing a LTE about Jake Locker, sad.

131. xx98411 says:

Your right, what I child I am…

On the subject of bin Laden’s death… he was assassinated at the order of a President, a Noble Peace Prize recipient, a person whose soaring words attempted to paint a picture that we are a better nation then one under Bush, we do not torture, we are a nation of laws, we believe in human rights and whatever else it took to get elected… simple I’m not Bush…

What am I… a politician, a person who will do whatever it takes to stay in power… I have ordered the assassination of another human being, an unarmed human being who was in his home, who was with his wife, I ordered the invasion of his property, I ordered that he be killed…. Do you feel safer?

I will tell you that my actions are justified to keep us safe of course… I said that when a Captain of a ship was in danger and I ordered the assassination of three young men… boys really… who live a hard life in a crap hole… McDonalds doesn’t have a franchise there yet. I had them shot in the face too. Do you feel safer?

The man who you thought you elected is in there somewhere. A joke was made at the WH Correspondents dinner about that by the SNL dude.

Go ahead quote Bush all you want… your hero is really no different…

It is a nasty world out there and I am glad we have people, resources and the cojones to play and dominate the sandbox if need be.

132. KARDNOS says:

To mention how refreshing it is for a young man like Locker to honor his agreements in a day and age where agreements are ignored by out elected officials is somewhat political, but at the same time well worth consideration.

What does this young man have in integrity that our government lacks?

Again. a truth that is inconvenient for those who agree with violation of union contracts.

133. KARDNOS says:

“Go ahead quote Bush all you want… your hero is really no different…”

Au contraire. Bush lost interest. Obama stayed the course and got the job done.

You have an interesting weighing scale……

134. KARDNOS says:

My right?

Well, I’m going to exercise my right to visit some clients and make some money. Duty calls.

135. xx98411 says:

Nothing as usual when pressed…

136. KARDNOS, you don’t have to explain your reasons for avoiding military service to me. You have to lick your own wounds and live with your own regrets. Sorry you will never be able to join the ranks of true patriots. Oh! BTW, I know a guy whose uncle is a cousin of a friend of a chef in a top N.Y. diner, so I guess that makes me a gourmet chef. LOL, say hi to “Eric” for me.

137. KARDNOS says:

How about this one, KGE – Locker could have left his responsibility to his college team behind and made millions of dollars this past year in professional football.

Unlike Sarah Palin, he stuck to his responsibilities and commitments instead of chasing the almighty dollar.

Political? Maybe. Facual? No question.

138. KARDNOS says:

Of course, we all should be reminded that Sarah Palin is no longer a politician, she is a pundit, therefore my comparison is actually between a young football player and a TV personality.

Inconvenient truths. Hell, ain’t they?

139. KARDNOS, Obama used every implement devised by the Bush administration to get Bin Laden. The very same plans, people and institutions that Obama chastised and called anti-American as a U.S Senator and candidate. Water-boarding , rendition etc. were all off-limits to the liberals who are now standing in line to accept credit. But, what else can one expect from liberals?

140. It’s Palin’s and Bush’s fault, now this mental midget is comparing a sports figure to Palin. It just doesn’t get any better than this.

141. beerBoy says:

Parkland –
    Harry Sinclair Lewis (February 7, 1885 – January 10, 1951) was an American novelist, short-story writer, and playwright. In 1930, he became the first writer from the United States to be awarded the Nobel Prize in Literature, “for his vigorous and graphic art of description and his ability to create, with wit and humor, new types of characters.” His works are known for their insightful and critical views of American society and capitalist values, as well as for their strong characterizations of modern working women.

He has been honored by the U.S. Postal Service with a Great Americans series postage stamp.

142. If Bush lost interest in Bin Laden after six months, how is it that the CIA (under Bush) has been actively engaged in tracking him? The difference between Bush and Obama (one of many) is that Bush never found it necessary to broadcast his plans to the world. There is a little thing called intelligence, national security and keeping your enemy guessing. It worked well, Bin Laden got too comfortable and forgot that the USA is larger than any one president.

143. I remember a few years ago watching a conversation on t.v. in which the topic was women who insist on using hyphenated names. It was said that women who do this are predominantly liberals. I believe the letter writer underscores that observation.

144. LarryFine says:

bB … are you following this thread ? Another thread comes to mind …

145. Frosty,
    Under Bush the CIA disbanded their unit tasked with tracking Ben Laden.

And when has Obama ever broadcast his plans before they were implemented.

Or have hou forgotten how the Rpots screemed when Obama annouced the Libyan Air Operation?

146. xx98411 says:

Good talking point but just because he disbanded the unit doesn’t mean he was giving up… the situation changed… the persuer must change…

“The unit, known as Alec Station, was disbanded late last year and its analysts reassigned within the CIA Counterterrorist Center, the officials told the paper.

Intelligence officials said the realignment reflects a view that al-Qaida is no longer as hierarchical as it once was, as well as a growing concern about al-Qaida-inspired groups that have begun carrying out attacks independent of bin Laden and his top deputy, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Agency officials said that tracking bin Laden and his deputies remained a high priority, and that the decision to disband the unit was not a sign that the effort had slackened.

Instead, the officials said, it reflects a belief that the agency can better deal with high-level threats by focusing on regional trends rather than on specific organizations or individuals, the Times reported.”

147. frosty says:

xring, what interest do we have in Libya? Why did NATO kill children (Khadafi’s grand children) who have never bothered us? You’re talking out of both sides of your mouth. “When has Obama ever broadcast his plans before they were implemented”? Well, for starters how about yesterday? He told the world that we have Osama’s computer equipment. Any element of surprise is now lost. If the location of any of his minions were on that disk, guess what? They are hightailing it right about now. The CIA has not ceased looking for Bin Laden since 9/11, contrary to what your liberal blogs say.

148. frosty says:

xx98411, great work. Not that the truth ever mattered much to these liberals.

149. slugoxyz says:

Here’s the funny thing about a “task force” like the one you’re talking about. Task Force 123 gets disbanded today and tomorrow, the exact same guys are in Task Force 124. Let me put it to you this way. Intelligence has been looking for OBL for 10 years and those same guys and girls will continue to look for HVTs (since it doesn’t end with OBL). They will pass useable intelligence to a group of extremely capable, quiet and professional men whose job it will be to execute the covert foreign policy of this government wherever that job takes them whether it be Pakistan, Mogadishu or the South of France. Some times you’ll hear about it and some times you won’t. Some of those brave men will not come home and in all likelihood, there will be a small blurb about a training accident in Southern Afghanistan or some other remote place. Credit where credit is due, Obama stayed Bush’s course. I was ready for “W” to leave and while I did not vote for Obama, a good American wants whoever is President to succeed because as he succeeds, so does our nation. All this bickering is just wrecking this blog.

150. frosty says:

KARDNOS, I must tell you that I can understand your resentment for those of us who have served our country. It must be terrible during those family reunions when all of the men in the family set around a table and have a beer and talk about their military experiences and here you are, relegated to the kitchen with the women. I feel your pain dude!

151. xx98411 says:

thanks frosty… got it from MSNBC so it must be true ya know ;)

152. frosty says:

KARDNOS, I just remembered, aren’t you the same liberal I offered to take on a tank ride? If you’ll remember, I said that if I could find a CVC helmet large enough to fit your head. I don’t think you responded (surprise, surprise, surprise). I promise you KARDNOS, you won’t even have to get your hands dirty. How about it?

153. KGE1911 says:

Now how could anyone turn down an offer for a tank ride???? Go for it Kardnos!

154. Parkland says:

KARDNOS: “And those of you who follow Ayn Rand (required reading for Paul Ryan’s staff) are following an amphetamine addict that got social security checks under a bogus name. This is the “mentor” of the man your people claim is going to save our economy.”

Wow, didn’t know I was a Republican, but thanks for telling me. That must be some of that Kreskin’s ESP you picked up from the commie alcoholic you were quoting earlier.

155. Publico says:

xring says:
    “May 2, 2011 at 10:23 pm
    Publico,
    Did the people at the Twin Towers have the chance to surrender?
    Here is a free tip, Never point a weapon at a Seal and expect him to ask you to surrender.”
    The report is that OBL was unarmed.

156. Parkland says:

“The report is that OBL was unarmed.”

This is getting too funny now. Yesterday, the media sites yesterday were overflowing with leftists gloating that Obama was finally able to kill bin Laden. You know, the guy that won the Nobel Peace Prize? :)

Here’s one of the funniest ones:

157. beerBoy says:

LF – not really following, just drop in to comment on the obvious odd statements.

158. frosty says:

Parkland, they can’t get their lies straight. First they said that Bin Laden was firing back, then they said he pulled a woman in front of him, then they said the woman was killed, then they said the woman was wounded,then they said the woman charged at them, then they said Bin Laden didn’t have a weopon, then they said he was shot once in the left eye, then they said he was shot in the head, now they say he was shot twice in the left eye. I anxiously await the next series of confused babbling from the left. And they have the guts to ridicule Trump! This gets better by the minute.

159. KARDNOS says:

“Parkland says:
    May 3, 2011 at 2:41 pm
    Wow, didn’t know I was a Republican, but thanks for telling me.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

They’ll deny that they are breathing.

No, frosty, you’ve never offered me a tank ride, but since I’m every liberal on this forum, I guess in your mind you did.

I outgrew playing army when I was about 9 years old, thanks anyway.

160. KARDNOS says:

“frosty says:
    May 3, 2011 at 4:13 pm
    Parkland, they can’t get their lies straight. First they said that Bin Laden was firing back”

Well, the SEAL team has gone from heros to liars in one day. Classic Conservative.

Wait until these heros need veterans benefits. They’ll be leeches on society.

161. KARDNOS says:

Parkie claims Sinclair Lewis is a communist. Hmmm….

“Based on sales of his prior books, Lewis’s most optimistic projection was a sale of 25,000 copies. In the first six months of 1921, Main Street sold 180,000 copies, and within a few years, sales were estimated at two million.”

A man that sold two million books in 1921 was a communist? Sounds pretty capitalistic to me, but of course, I’m not into throwing the word “communist” around. I kinda like to be accurate about that sort of stuff.

If his material was just communist propaganda, you’d think he’d be giving it away.

Oh wait……that’s what Sarah Palin did with her book.

162. KARDNOS says:

Parkland the UnRepublican is going to make fun of the President who got Bin Laden and make excuses for the one who said he doesn’t think about Bin Laden.

Parkland is not a Republican, mind you.

163. KARDNOS says:

frosty – I promise. No more analogies. Your inability to understand them is making you look really foolish.

By the way, in my family serving peace time military service is recognized for what it is – a way to earn a living and build veterans benefits.

I’m sure you had some dangerous missions in Germany.

164. KARDNOS says:

Hey Conservatives!

I want to be the first to tell you that there was no press box at the attack on Bin Laden’s compound, so if there is any confusion as to if he was armed or not, it is in accordance to the SEAL team reports.

I’m going to give them credit for not knowing exactly who was armed during a 40 minute firefight. Personally I’d shoot anyone not dressed the same as me.

165. xx98411 says:

it is not the Seals I have an issue with, I sleep well knowing they, as well as others are defending America… it is the administration that can’t get the story straight, appears they have embelished some details in their haste to manage the story.

The truth is always the best “story”

166. KARDNOS says:

As I stipulated. The SEALS were the ones reporting the action. Without their report the White House has nothing to report. If there was conflicting reports, it might have something to do with being in harms way.

Now, of course, this is the same Administration that is led by a guy that was born in Kenya, up until a week ago.

You guys will never give up trying to discredit him, will you?

167. xx98411 says:

Their were no conflicting reports, in their haste to manage the story the administration embelished and “misspoke”. Why are you letting it go?

Go ahead, blame it on “conflicting reports”… when the report gets to the higher ups, “conflicts” are reconciled.

“harms way” – no they were safely in the compound when the reports were written.

168. xx98411 says:

Tell the truth… nothing to discredit.

169. beerBoy says:

I can’t freaking believe that you “patriotic” conservatives are now nitpicking whether or not bin Laden was armed…..is your hatred for Obama so much that you are willing to turn this into anything other than what it is?

Freakin’ hypocrites!

170. xx98411 says:

“Freakin’ hypocrites!”

I am saying don’t critique a sitting President for what he had to do to keep America safe and then when you are in office, do the exact same thing that you railed against the previous administration for…

We targeted and killed an unarmed man… own it… make no excuses… and if that is your stance then previous administrations were doing the best they could with what they knew at the time…

171. LarryFine says:

“no press box at the attack on Bin Laden’s compound” ??? Really ?

172. LarryFine says:

bB.. as you darn well know … we are pointing out YOUR selective outrage.
    I have stated over and again how I’m glad Obama continued and enhanced Bush policies that he campaigned against.

There couldn’t be a more stark contrast of the left’s hypocrisy on this event…

173. bobcat1a says:

KARDNOS, have mercy on these guys.They are so traumatized by the competency and success of our Commander-in-Chief, contrary to all their mythology which they have spent so much time cultivating, that they are thrashing about like a chicken with her head cut off. Excuse their lack of coherence; it’s just a reflex response to an intolerable bucket full of reality.

174. xx98411 says:

I applaud what Obama has done… all I am asking is that in the euphoria we acknowledge that what IS being done is a result of what WAS done by a former administration to keep America safe. Those same things that Bush was criticized for are the same things that Obama has used to achieve this milestone in the war on terror.

What Obama is doing will be inherited by a new administration and some of these successes will be a result of what Obama is doing…

As an example…

BRIAN WILLIAMS: Can you confirm that it was as a result of water boarding that we learned what we needed to learn to go after Bin Laden?

LEON PANETTA: Brian, in the intelligence business you work from a lot of sources of information and that was true here… It’s a little difficult to say it was due just to one source of information that we got… I think some of the detainees clearly were, you know, they used these enhanced interrogation techniques against some of these detainees. But I’m also saying that, you know, the debate about whether we would have gotten the same information through other approaches I think is always going to be an open question.

BRIAN WILLIAMS: So finer point, one final time, enhanced interrogation techniques — which has always been kind of a handy euphemism in these post-9/11 years — that includes water boarding?

LEON PANETTA: That’s correct

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy.

175. beerBoy says:

xx a non-denial is not a confirmation.

176. beerBoy says:

LF – nice try at counteraccusation. Since you suggest that I am hypocritical on this – please point out where I have applauded this mission. You, and your partisan friends, are the ones who cheered Bush’s assassinations/invasions and now pretend to be concerned about bin Laden being assassinated because you think this is a gotcha for “the other side”.

I have been consistent in my criticism of Obama’s embrace of militaristic adventures, assassination and torture. Look up thread and you will find a rather cynical post from me about the event. I shed no tears for bin Laden but I have no illusion that his death changes anything – especially the disastrous policies of imperialism from the US.

177. NWflyfisher says:

beerBoy: The question I have is not whether Bin Laden was armed or not; its which story out of the White House am I supposed to believe. Don’t forget, they got to watch the entire operation go down in real time video yet they put out contradictory details of it to the public. I wonder why.

178. xx98411 says:

nope, not at all… yeah – Bush… yea – Obama. No gotcha, that’s my point.

The critique has been bad – Bush and when Obama does damn near the same thing, it is yea Obama… I am just saying be consistent.

This just hit me… Saddam Hussein had a gun in his little hole and we could have just pointed some M-16’s down the hole and open up with a few magazines, maybe a grenade for effect but we didn’t. We arrested him, he had a trial, was found guilty and hung in accordance with Iraqi law.

Usama was in his pj’s, in his bedroom, in his house, unarmed and we shot him in the face… hosed him down, wrapped him in a bed sheet, tied some weights to him and dumped him in the ocean…

hmm, Sounds like Bush is closer to Holder’s view on this trial, justice stuff…

boy, oh, boy that Chicago style killing is alot better than that olde Texas hangin’ stuff…

179. KARDNOS says:

“Don’t forget, they got to watch the entire operation go down in real time video”

Yeah, I’m sure it was like an NFL game with HD and instant replay. The SEAL team probably set up several cameras for great angles and close up work before the firefight started.

“Hey, Osama! Would you tell your guards to hold their fire while we get our cameras set? We want Barack and the folks back home to have a good view. I think they will be running commecials also, so be ready to take a break mid-fight”

180. KARDNOS says:

And then we quote the Washington Examiner which is the World Net Daily of the Washington DC news…..

I can’t believe I’m reading this crap…

181. KARDNOS says:

I’ll just copy and paste this stupidity to remind everyone of my satire about the “NFL like” “broadcast” from a SEAL “helmet cam”:

“LarryFine says:
    May 3, 2011 at 7:20 pm
    “no press box at the attack on Bin Laden’s compound” ??? Really ?

You missed the photos released by the whitehouse showing Obama/Biden & Co. watching the action ?”
    Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/letters/2011/05/02/an-eye-for-an-eye-and-the-whole-world-is-blind/#ixzz1LOTCyp5A

“Hillary – hit the replay button and let’s see if Bin Laden was wearing his regular jersey. I have a program here and we can check his number. I’ll bet he was trying to fool us into thinking he was Taliban and not Al Queda. What the heck??? Didn’t anyone turn on Tivo?????”

182. xx98411 says:

no substance… it’s official… you got nothing… again!

183. KARDNOS says:

Maybe the SEAL team should have sent Osama Bin Laden a message:

“We don’t like to show up unannounce so expect us to arrive this evening. Bring it on!”

That way, Bin Laden could have made sure he was armed so that Conservative America had nothing to complain about….other than the dead American that he might have killed before getting shot, himself.

184. KARDNOS says:

“Hold it!!!!! Stop everything!!! We have to give Osama time to pick up his weapon!!!”

Maybe we could have arranged a classic quick draw shoot out at High Noon.

“Osama, baby, you have to wear this gun and hoster to make this thing look right. We’ve got millions at home that will want to see pictures of this. OK, OK, you don’t have to wear the cowboy hat. We know your headwear is a cultural thing…..”

Bush and his Texas buddies could have had a regular Texas BBQ, complete with bourbon, for those imbibing.

185. KARDNOS says:

Hire Dustin Hoffman to be the producer……

Now we are getting somewhere….

186. the3rdpigshouse says:

Corin – please make a trip to the Middle East with your message of “peace, understanding, and compassion”!!!

Unfortunately, we will not be able to hear your report on the first hand account of the interaction as your head will be in one location and your body in another following your discussions with those civilized folks of the Middle East.

187. KARDNOS says:

Oh yes….now we’ve got the Pig and the “daily beheadings” story……As we all know, beheadings are like a Donald Trump “reality” show in a country where Islam is practiced.

This is quickly becoming an all time classic thread.

188. KARDNOS says:

Boy, does that bring back fond memories of Sunday school or what?

As a young child, I remember Christianity teaching me about good winning over evil by hacking his head off…..

But….I digress…

back to the firefight analysis!!!

189. LarryFine says:

“please point out where I have applauded this mission”

Nice try bB… where/when have you condemned it ?
    The veiled point I was making up thread had to do with your comment about a fictional “project” of mine… I was prompting you to do a quick scan of a certain poster’s frequency and time stamp of posts. You would then realize it takes mere minutes to understand just how much time someone spends here. It doesn’t take “research” or an archive to see it… but you already knew that.

;)

190. NWflyfisher says:

“The mission looked set to be given the all clear last Thursday when analysts confirmed beyond doubt that Bin Laden was in busy town of Abbottabad in northern Pakistan. But the president stunned officials when he told a national security meeting that he wanted more time to think – and disappeared out of the room.”

“Obama took SIXTEEN HOURS to make up his mind about Bin Laden mission.” http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1383010/Osama-Bin-Laden-dead-Obama-took-16-hours-make-mind.html#ixzz1LOhvnvrA

191. NWflyfisher says:

White House Insider: Obama Hesitated – Panetta Issued Order to Kill Osama Bin Laden

192. KARDNOS says:

OH gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd…..LOLOLOLOL

193. KARDNOS says:

It took 16 hours…..

LOL

Actually it took over a year.

I wonder what the Globe will have to say about this? I’d better rush to the grocery store to pick up my copy….Yeah…the Globe AND National Enquirer. Good stuff!!!

I wish I didn’t have this long drive to make today. I’m having more fun than I’ve ever had on a forum.

194. KARDNOS says:

“Note:This update comes some 24 hours after our longtime Washington D.C. Insider first outlined shocking details of an Obama administration having been “overruled” by senior military and intelligence officials leading up to the successful attack against terrorist Osama Bin Laden. What follows is further clarification of Insider’s insights surrounding that event.”

You just can’t find quality journalism like this on TV…..LMAO

A ‘long time Washington Insider”…..muuuuuuahahahahaha

Funny….Congress didn’t get this inside information but the clandestine “Washington Insider” did……..

Stop…..yer killin’ me….oops…probably the wrong phrase for this thread….

195. NWflyfisher says:

“From halfway around the world, President Barack Obama and his national security team monitored the strike on Osama bin Laden’s compound in real time, watching and listening to the firefight that killed the terrorist leader.”

Tension As White House Situation Room Watched Raid, By ERICA WERNER, Associated – Mon May 2, 6:25 pm ET http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110502/ap_on_re_us/us_bin_laden_obama_s_suspense

196. KARDNOS says:

The Mail has been edited by Paul Dacre since 1992.

Under Dacre, the Mail has a reputation for a conservative editorial stance on topics such as immigration, working women and teenage sex. This has led Julie Burchill to nickname it “The Daily Hate”. Science writer Ben Goldacre of The Guardian has described the paper as “the home of the scare story”

Good stuff. Can you say “Lame” and leave out the “Stream”?????

197. KARDNOS says:

Oh my gawd!!!

They watched it real time on helmet cams??????

I’ll be the detail was perfect. There was probably slow motion and all sorts of camera angles.

(see my satire on the NFL-like video production)

198. NWflyfisher says:

“CIA Director Leon Panetta stomped on the White House’s political script when he told Tuesday night’s broadcast of NBC Nightly News that the waterboarding of jihadi detainees contributed information that led to the location and killing of Osama bin Laden.”

http://dailycaller.com/#ixzz1LOpYqTFbhttp://dailycaller.com/2011/05/03/torturous-evasions/#ixzz1LOpH6lSo“CIA director admits that intelligence from waterboarding led to bin Laden “

199. beerBoy says:

LF – nice try by moving the goal posts further down the field.

As I stated on Libya – I have mixed feelings bin Laden/Gaddafi are scum of the earth and I have some pleasure in their removal BUT the US policies are problematic.

However, as I have felt since 9/11, a scalpel approach (sending in SEALS in a precision attach) is far more appropriate than raining down missiles and bombs on the population. If it is determined to be necessary to eliminate an enemy, tactical strikes by small teams is far more effective.

That said…..I’m not really that comfortable with assassination as a tactic . And, as I have posted multiple times, Obama is the first Black President Clinton who wasn’t really much different from the first or second President Bush — and thus I cannot support him.

They kill the boogey man. Declare victory. Bring the troops home.

200. xx98411 says:

What is your point President Karnos… what is your policy? I understand you have issues with all that don’t subscribe to your point of view.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT OF VIEW, PRESIDENT KARNOS???

If what I did over the weekend is OK then what Bush was doing was OK… help my feeble mind to understand your world view. Please help me to understand why AG Holder was getting a jail cell ready because we are a nation of laws but your order was to shoot in the face… President Karnos, your view sir.

201. snorlax says:

I’m a flaming liberal and applaud the death of this man. This is how terrorism should be fought, with intelligence and precise, surgical maneuvers. This is how to do it as opposed to invading countries and sacrificing thousands of american lives.

202. blame it on the fog of war.

203. NWflyfisher says:

U.N. Human Rights Chief Asks U.S. to Explain Bin Laden Killing
    “http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110503/wl_nm/us_binladen_un_rights

204. LarryFine says:

I wonder if what Barry and Co. were watching was a taping of the Panetta ordered assasination of unarmed BinLaden…

205. larsman says:

SadujTogracse – Thanks…

206. frosty says:

207. frosty says:

KARDNOS, You told me about all I need to know about your family and your gene pool. In their minds serving in the military is nothing less than getting the benefits. I take back what I said about the men in your family setting around drinking a beer and talking about their military service. I’ll revise that comment to say “the girlie boys in your family sitting around a weenie roast and drinking koolaid. Is that better”?

208. frosty says:

KARDNOS, yes the Seals did the reporting but uh…. didn’t the White House listen in, real time, to what was going on? Or is MSNBC lying again?

209. frosty says:

Leon Panetta, trusted honcho of the CIA say’s “yep, we waterboarded the dude, Wait, maybe it was eight years ago, but I now take full credit for using the information squeezed out of the maggots which led to this successful assassination of BinLaden”. Liberal response? Great job!! Obama did it!!1 “We” got bin laden! This time we didn’t send in missiles to take out a milk factury like Billy Bob Clinton did.

210. Polago says:

Panetta said, “it’s a little difficult to say it was due just to one source of information that we got”

211. xx98411 says:

From a perky Katie Couric interview… it appears the question was more direct and the answer was more direct…

Couric: One of President Obama’s first acts was to outlaw enhanced interrogation techniques. Now, some of these were used on detainees who provided information that led to bin Laden’s whereabouts. Given that, do you think that the use of these techniques should, in fact, be reevaluated?

Panetta: No, I really don’t. You know, I think what we had here were a lot of streams of intelligence that came together. And I think it’s probably going too far to say it all ties to just one source of information that– we received. We were looking at a lotta lines of– information, going back a long way.

Couric: Having said that, some valuable information did, in fact, come from enhanced interrogation techniques.

Panetta: Obviously, there was some valuable information that were derived through those kinds of interrogations. But I guess the question that everybody will always debate is whether or not those approaches had to be used in order to get the same information. And that, frankly, is an open question.

212. KARDNOS says:

“frosty says:
    May 4, 2011 at 3:34 pm
    KARDNOS “I outgrew playing army when I was about nine years old”. You don’t have to tell me that, I knew you were a shirker and draft dodger a long time ago. ”

Again, frosty…for those suffering from incontinence of the brain: When one spends a year of 1A eligibility and are not drafted one did not dodge the draft. A war hero from the peace time stationing in German should know the ins and outs of the draft.

Now a draft dodger was a person that got multiple deferments (Cheney) or got favored status in the National Guard (GWBush). Or better yet, one that couldn’t pass the physical because of an anal cyst (Limbaugh)

Considering how little you know about the military, the draft and the 1960s-70s, I’m beginning to thing that your military experience has been in the recliner watching the History Channel.

213. frosty says:

KARDNOS, you remind me of a little sissy cousin of mine, he was a big mouth know-it-all like you, as a kid he was the neighborhood tough guy, spoiled rotten by his parents. He lasted about 2 weeks in basic training. Another cousin, ran off and got married to avoid the military, like you did. I don’t make apologies to anyone for my service. Two tours to Vietnam, two to Korea and three to Germany, all in armored and infantry units. And you spent a WHOLE YEAR of 1A draft eligibility? You’re as goofy as they come dude. No wonder the draft board passed over you.

214. beerBoy says:

you remind me of a little sissy cousin of mine

And you remind me of little men with chihuahua complexes who constantly run their mouth about how manly they are in order and act tough when there is no real threat to compensate for their obvious deficiencies.

215. larsman says:

Kardnose flips – “Third, I “prayed”

An angry agnostic praying to whom he does not believe…

Like adding water to the tires and air to the radiator…

Kardnose, : Award winner for the # of angry, invalidated and spuriously hateful (com) posts….
    Thanks again SadujTogracse.

216. beerboy, I belatedly found your little two cents worth of idiocy. Have you taken on the resposibility to stand up for KARDNOS? If so, welcome to the party! Since we are commenting on what we remind each other of, I’ll just say that you remind me of a washed-up liberal college professor, overwhelmed with your own sense of worth and misguided educational experience. An egghead with no practical experience who has spent his entire lifetime living in a classroom beginning in Kindergarten and ending with an underserved retirement benefit. Good enough?