Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

NORM DICKS: What about jobs, wars and foreclosures?

Letter by John A. Culhane, Tacoma on April 29, 2011 at 2:31 pm with 109 Comments »
April 29, 2011 2:31 pm

We are reading and hearing about town hall meetings all across the country where members of Congress are talking to and hearing from their constituents. I looked forward to attending a public meeting with Congressman Norm Dicks. I may have missed it, but I couldn’t find a date and location for a meeting that Dicks planned to hold.

That’s too bad. There are three things that I would have liked to talk to him about:

• During the campaign last fall, Dicks pledged to “fight for jobs.” I would have liked to hear from him what he has done in that fight and what his strategy/plan is for enhancing job opportunities in the district – especially for minority and younger workers.

• ZIP code 98404 (East Side of Tacoma) has the highest foreclosure rate in the state. It would have been good to hear from  Dicks what ideas he has for how to address this issue.

• It would have been good to hear Dicks’ rationale for continuing to support military actions in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya and how we can justify spending $300 million a day in this effort.

After 18 terms, maybe Dicks doesn’t feel the need to keep in touch with his constituents anymore. That’s too bad if it’s true. I bet a lot of us have a lot to say.

1. John let me help you out with your questions. Norm has been a big help to us in Washington and there is no need to another waste of time public meeting. We have a large millitary contingent in this state continuing to wage war means their jobs are secure even if it cost them a lim or 2. As for the east side, the area is heavely democratic so there is no need to spend time or money we already own them. As for jobs, We don’t need no stinken jobs we got welfare.

2. Mr. Culhane, your cover has been blown. You don’t want in formation. You want confrontation.

3. GHTaxPayer says:

Mr. Culhane – Norm Dicks has better things to do than meet with the little people. He has union furndraisers to attend, education funds that need to be slashed (even though he promised not to) and his mansion needs a six-figure makeover. His job is safe and his home is not being foreclosed, so why should he care ??

You didn’t actually believe anything that he said during the campaign, did you ? After all, he’s a Democrat and we have all found out that Democrats are liars and spendaholics.

4. menopaws says:

I generally vote as a Democrat…….However, it is a matter of personal pride that I have NEVER once voted for Norm Dicks…….and, that I have voted for Sam Reed. go figure—I have a nose that sniffs for integrity–Norm Dicks has yet to pass that smell test….He may bring the jobs and military to our district, but he’s really a political grunt. I agree with the letter. Sam Reed passes that integrity test every election……..much to the disappointment of the rest of the Republicans………..

5. All these people complaining they can’t talk to Congressman Dicks and I remember him spending quite a bit of time with friends and I while we were all having dinner in a little cafe on Hood Canal. He owed us nothing and yet interupted his personal time with his wife to engage in conversation. One of my friends was moving to Virginia for about 6 months and Norm gave him his business card and invite him to lunch in Washington DC.

Maybe it has something to do with approaching people with a certain amount of respect…….

Sam Reed? The #1 elected official of the State of Washington. Sam is retiring and it’s a damned shame that he never ran for Governor. We are personal friends, but I consider him a mentor and have the highest respect for the job he has done.

6. Uh…John….did you realize that Congressman Dicks is part of the minority?

Maybe you could direct your questions to either Speaker Boehner or Majority Leader Cantor. They’ll provide you answers as soon as they get back to work on their three day work week and when they get done helping billionaires with more tax cuts.

I’m certain that Norm thought that the Republican Majority cared as much about jobs and mortgages as he did during the campaign, but from what we’ve seen of late, it appears they have other priorities.

7. kardnos- I never have to say anything, because you say it all :0)

8. Frida – not much on personal responsibility, huh?

9. philwatson says:

Dicks has big issues with integrity.

There are a lot of articles out there if anyone cares to dig (PMA Group, Puget Sound Partnership, Earmarks). He is currently the top spender of earmarks on campaign contributors.

Again, he has a huge dishonest streak, one may only look at this event that made news last year and draw your own conclusions: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703859204575526130515456658.html

10. Phil – if you were a multi termed Congressional rep and a nobody was running against you and you were in the double digit lead, would you give your opponent a stage to make baseless allegations (a GOP favorite)?

Dick’s staffer should have told the truth – “the boss doesn’t want to waste his time with a nobody that doesn’t have a snowball’s chance in winning”

Meanwhile, Dicks didn’t lie. The staffer did. Then you did by claiming Dicks was dishonest.

Naughty naughty.

11. When you seach “Phil Watson” on Bing it shows that he is on Doug Cloud’s facebook page.

Guess who Doug Cloud is? The guy that lost to Dicks.

From his website:

“Doug was a union employee at the Kingdome and was elected shop steward while he was there. He participated in union-management negotiations, making significant changes in one contract.”

And you claim Dicks dishonest for meeting with union employees of Boeing??

Try again, Phil.

12. philwatson says:

KARDNOS

Thats just fine. I searched you on bing and nothing came up.

Probably because you are acually Norm. Get a life and use your real name.

13. I wasn’t attacking Congressman Dicks in my letter. I really wanted to meet with him in a public forum to talk about issues that are important in Tacoma as well as the country and the world. He did not make himself available to talk with constituents during this recess. That’s all. I write to him and I get replies. I call his office. I was not complaining that I couldn’t communicate with him. I really think, though, that it would be in his best interest to get more involved with his district and put himself out there for people to interact with (a small cafe on Hood Canal is fine, but probably not a place where several dozen people who might want to could go on a particular night). One would think that the representative of the people of the 6th district would want to hear from those people, to meet them, and let them know what he is doing.

Certainly his mentor, Warren Magunson, did that. Senator Magnuson spent many hours at community events over the years (for example, I met him at a meeting when I was in high school in the 60’s – we invited him to come and talk to us about the new Medicare legislation that had just passed). I met him several times after that, as well, at various events. My point is that it is that not only “should” the Congressman want to meet and interact with constituents, the Congressman should “want” to interact. Maybe I’m naive (although I do know that Mr. Dicks is in the minority now, KARDNOS) but this seems to me to be one of the essential responsibilities of a representative of the people.

14. philwatson says:

A bunch of people that went to a forum last year with Cloud that Dicks actually showed up to (after the WSJ covered the one he skipped) confirmed he blew up and went postal in the middle of it, screaming and yelling and just going nuts.

He’s lucky nobody was there taking video…

15. Well I don’t know that what you say is true or helpful, philwatson. For me it is not the point. I don’t know Mr. Dicks personally so I can’ t make any personal statements about him. I do know that I want my member of Congress to be involved in what is happening in the community. The 6th district is huge and diverse so I don’t expect that Mr. Dicks would be on the Eastside of Tacoma all the time. I won’t be holding my breath, but I will ask him when we might see him in a public forum among his constituents in the near future.

16. philwatson says:

I understand Jack. If you do want to talk to him in person a little bird told me he can be found at the Robin Hood over on 106 when congress is not in session tipping back a few and taking in the occasional football game. Good luck.

17. GHTaxPayer says:

I did a web search of everyone on Norm Dicks facebook and they all came back as being part of a labor union or members of the national socialist party.

18. taxedenoughintacoma says:

Have you ever been to a town hall with Dicks. He is a red nosed idiot. He make Mason County brush pickers look blue tarp smart.

He is nothing but an empty suit and a vote that Pelosi can count on.

No more pork for Norm to bring home. Time for new blood.

19. “philwatson says:
    April 29, 2011 at 6:42 pm
    KARDNOS

Thats just fine. I searched you on bing and nothing came up.

Probably because you are acually Norm. Get a life and use your real name.”

I take it you didn’t like being exposed. I could only wish I was Norm. Just try being honest when you attack someone and you probably won’t get your nose pinched.

By the way, I live in the 3rd Congressional District with the invisible Freshman that uses two names – one for campaigns and one after she’s elected.,

20. jack – not to mention that Norm is probably in Washington DC a good portion of the time. He doesn’t have a lot of reason for dog and pony shows. If anyone wants to contact him, it’s not like they are limited to two tin cans and a string.

Here all the complainers sit, on a computer, and they can’t find time to direct their concerned to Dicks? They have to use the media that they claim they hate so much?

I think you nailed it quite well, Jack.

21. “taxedenoughintacoma says:
    April 29, 2011 at 8:44 pm

He is nothing but an empty suit and a vote that Pelosi can count on.

No more pork for Norm to bring home. Time for new blood.

Hyperbole much?

22. “philwatson says:
    April 29, 2011 at 7:06 pm
    Hey Jack, don’t hold your breath. The only reason he will meet people out there is to drink and that’s where he lives anyway.”

Yeah……let’s see how many ways we can smear the Congressman. Sorry Phil, your candidate lost. A couple of times….right?

“In 2008, he lost against incumbent Norm Dicks in the general election on November 4, 2008, 33% to 67%.”

OUCH!!!!

23. I’m sure glad the Speaker of the House is a tea totaler

24. KARDNOS, I think you are missing the point. As I said, I do contact Congressman Dicks by email, by letter and his office by phone. I’m sure he spends a great deal of time in Washington DC. But I don’t think making time to connect with constituents is a “dog and pony show”. I think its important for our elected officials to spend time with the people they represent. I assume Congressman Dicks does that on some level. I just haven’t seen it much in Tacoma (which is the state’s third largest city) and I think it would be a good thing for him to schedule time to meet with us. And just so you know, I have shared with him my own views on the wars, jobs, and foreclosures. I have heard back from him in canned email replies. I would also like to be able to interact with him in person. Is this unreasonable?

25. philwatson says:

KARDNOS

You are not exposing anything and I’ll treat you seriously when you use your real name.

It’s clear you have no idea about this area. I actually am proud to have co-managed Cloud’s campaign last year down the stretch. I’ve lived here a long time and a lot of people in this community know who I am (including Norm and some TNT staff).

26. yabetchya says:

Frida says:
    April 29, 2011 at 5:10 pm
    kardnos- I never have to say anything, because you say it all :0)

27. the3rdpigshouse says:

Come on folks – you and I are too stupid and unsophisticated to grasp reality at the Norm Dicks level!! He is part of the annointed elite that attempts to govern the ignorant masses on behalf of the lead marxist/socialist “OH-Bummer” !! You remember – the guy who brought you “Hope” and “Change” and the most transparent administration ever!! Please disregard that “OH-Bummer’s” administration consists of more anti-American marxists/socialists or supporters of same than are known to exist in the Communist Party USA!!!

28. Nothing quite like a paranoid piggie rant to close off a conversation.
    Most of us ignore it.
    Dicks will give anyone time if they have something more or less universally recognized as reasonable for discussion. Many on these pages have only rhetorical questions they want to ask and we all know their purpose. It has nothing whatsoever to do with reality.

29. Roncella says:

At election time they become visible after they win and the election is over, by by its off to D.C. they go very wealthy and usually in charge of some important committee. You won’t hear much from them till the next election cycle.

30. LarryFine says:

bobcat1a projects:
    April 29, 2011 at 9:40 pm

“Lotsa p&#!s envy at work here!”

31. ratujack says:

KARDNOS…….your ranting is annoying and your love for Dicks is confusing knowing the facts about him. He is taking you friend to lunch after your friend gets to Virginia after you met Norm at a little restaurant on Hood Canal. KARDNOS you are one dumb bull shitter.

32. alindasue says:

taxedenoughintacoma said, “No more pork for Norm to bring home.”

That “pork” is jobs and funds for our state. My feeling about Norm Dicks is ambivilent, but if he really is bringing “the pork” home to us rather than allowing it to go elsewhere, then he is doing his job.

33. ItalianSpring says:

These days anyone with a “D” by their name is automatically rejected. Those with an “R” deserve much scrutiny.

34. I have sent numerous e mails to his office, called his office many times, visited his Tacoma office Kardnos. Norm Dicks has never answered a question . I remember asking his office what he thought of the legality of the Iraq War. No answer, either positive or negative. BTW having lunch with those that only want to support you, vs answering questions from constituents freely, are two completely different things. His web page doesn’t list talks or his engagements. BTW the legality of the Iraq war question should have been easy for him, as he voted for it, I disagree however.

35. philwatson,
    Something’s are just not believable; like no one at an event with a seated US Congressman not having a cell phone to record the alleged meltdown.

GWTax,
    Another unbelievable bit.

36. Ithappened2me2 says:

That is all you got xring?

Are you just posting to preserve your comments in the digital record?

Or to hear yourself talk?

37. Jack – I think your concerns are valid, except I still question what you expect Dicks to do when the GOP has a stangle hold on The House. Boehner and Company care about forclosures and jobs about as much as they care about women’s health care and Medicare.

If you don’t have 7 figures in your net worth, you aren’t on the radar.

You can complain to Dicks all you’d like, but without support from the GOP majority, the two of you together can’t do a thing.

Sorry about the reality.

38. By the way, Jack…can you smell the jealousy of this forum. I’ve already said that Dicks isn’t my representative, therefore he had nothing to gain by sharing his time with me.

My representative is Jaime Herrera Beutler, who for some strange reason chose to not use her married name when she ran for office, although she had been married for over two years. She has been invisible since being elected. Did I tell you she’s a Republican?

They love to attack, but reason and truth kill their side everytime.

39. Oh and Jack…..when I say “dog and pony show” in reference to a “Town meeting”, I’m speaking of the ones that the GOP holds where their screeners ask the “questions submitted by the attendees”.

Now, I’m just guessing here, but maybe when you win a Congression seat in a walkover that you know an overwhelming majority of your constituents are in tune with what you are doing.

Meanwhile, there is a butt load of information right here for the looking:

40. “ipsut says:
    April 30, 2011 at 1:00 pm
    I have sent numerous e mails to his office, called his office many times, visited his Tacoma office Kardnos. Norm Dicks has never answered a question . I remember asking his office what he thought of the legality of the Iraq War. No answer, either positive or negative.”

“What he thought of the legality of the Iraq War”. Did you want it in 25 words or less, also, ipsut?

How about posting a few more of your questions for Dicks and maybe we can assess why you didn’t get answers.

41. “Roncella says:
    April 30, 2011 at 8:04 am
    Norm Dicks is doing what many of the long service Comgressmen do, alot of lip service and little action.”

Sort of like Boehner who took over the House and promply cut the working hours, but not the pay?

42. “philwatson says:
    April 29, 2011 at 9:12 pm
    KARDNOS

So maybe you should stick to what you know (nothing) and your own area (not here).”

Phil, I knew enough about you to smell a partisan hack clear down South in District 3. Now if you really know the News Tribune, you’ll know they own media in District 3 and love the input of readers as it helps them sell advertising. I also know enough about you that I’ve proven that you love to dish it out, but can’t take it when it comes to talking about politics.

As to “living here a long time” – gee, Phil…there is no seniority in constiuancy. You are very important in your own mind, but have nothing to offer except talking about others personal lives and making false accusations about elected officials.

I’m sure you are an icon of your community. Have the neighborhood dogs bit you yet?

43. Since Mr Watson is a high profile person and has disclosed his name in the media, I’m sure there is no problem with highlighting his comments on Cloud’s Political Facebook:

I suggest that all read Watson’s comments and learn that he is a poor man’s Rove.

44. fbergford says:

45. KARDNOS, I realize laws are unimportant to our law makers and apparently with those that support them, unless of course it is their ox being gored.
    The legality of the Iraq war is not clear to any of us that have looked into article 6 of our constitution. Lets see you’d l like more questions, ok, how long do we continue to fight our 3 wars of choice before we say enough? How about what do you think of the condo/golf course that is set to be built along Hood Canal near Brinnon? I have heard nothing from the “leader” you support. The last question again, should have been an easy answer. So far, months later, I’ve heard nothing. Blind support for politicians is what has led us into our current state of affairs.

46. BTW KARDNOS, all of my questions have been asked very politely. When a response is recieved, it is always a generic form letter that anwers nothing, of which I have a pile.

47. olbluedoc says:

This guy hates what Dicks is doing or not doing so he writes a letter to….the newspaper…instead of Dicks. Write a letter to Dicks if your unhappy with him but don’t send it to the Trib. You’ll just hear the same old tired responses from people like 3rdpig, Roncella and GHtaxpayer. Don’t vote for the guy, or maybe run for office yourself or volunteer for a politician you agree with but arguing back and forth here is a waste of time. In the past I’ve volunteered my time for candidates (Republicans AND Democrats) that I wanted to support. Do something real.

48. Oh Phil……your right wing spin on things just won’t work with me. I’m used to hack attacks.

Jaime was married when she ran for office and changed her public name after being elected. Now that has nothing to do with hate, that has to do with honesty. How can I hate someone I’ve never met? I’m just wondering why she hid her married name during a major election.

Phil, you are a partisan hack for a perennial loser. Don’t try to make this about me.

49. olbluedoc – this is an old GOP trick calling “trying the person in the media”.

For all the complaining the Conservative Clowns do about the “lame stream media”, the sure love to use it as a device to attack the opposition candidates.

50. “ipsut says:
    April 30, 2011 at 7:21 pm
    BTW KARDNOS, all of my questions have been asked very politely. When a response is recieved, it is always a generic form letter that anwers nothing, of which I have a pile.”

How many constituents do you think Dicks represents? Do you think you are the only one that writes him? Do you really think he has the time to stop and address all of YOUR personal issues?

Having had to work with Senators and Congressionpersons for business, I can tell you that if I expected instant results, I’l probably disappoint myself.

51. olbluedoc: The problem is that John has likely written many letters to the Congressman’s office as have I, and received the old tired responses in a form letter vaguely in line with the subject asked.
    Run for office ourselves you suggest how much money does it take? But that is another subject, and huge problem. It costs more than the office pays. We like to think our politicians are not corrupt, how can they not be with so much money floating around.

52. “fbergford says:
    April 30, 2011 at 6:33 pm
    Well Kardnos at least Phil doesn’t hide behind a moniker when he speaks his mind or types is out!”

I don’t have to disclose my true identity, there are plenty of Conservatives that are willing to violate TNT terms of service and do it for me, Bergie.

I’m guessing that you feel the same way about Roncella and 3rd Pig, etc?

My moniker is in honor of one of my Conservative stalkers.

53. isput….what makes YOU so special that you should get personal attention? How many letters a day do you think a Congressman gets???????

54. “We like to think our politicians are not corrupt, how can they not be with so much money floating around.”

That comment tells me exactly why you are not getting much response.

55. KARDNOS: Don’t you read? I said I’ve waited months!! What are his aides for? I ask a question regarding the Statesman’s Project in Brinnon, and never get a response. My personal issues!! Christ, is pollution in Hood Canal my personal issue? Face it KARDNOS, if constituents are not loaded with money, politicians, including Dicks could care less.

56. “http://www.house.gov/dicks/meetings.shtml”

Isput…….fill out the form full and get back to us with your results.

Pollution in Hood Canal is a county and state issue, not a federal issue….try contacting the right people.

57. KARDNOS: The saying goes, you can not out argue a fool, leave it to others to figure out who that is.

58. Ipsut…..as the old saying goes….when you are wrong, admit it.

Jefferson County is overseeing the Brinnon issue. It’s right on the internet. I found information in 30 seconds

59. There is a perfect example. Take Dicks to task on an issue that is of local juristiction.

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

60. No wonder the staff ignored the letters. I suppose they could take their time and our tax money to tell you that you screwed up…….

61. Brinnon IS Dicks jurisdiction geeeeeeeeeeez, good night.

62. Statesman is not a Federal issue….you fool.

Yes, it has been a good night. One more bites the dust.

63. KARDNOS: Don’t you even know that Congressman Norm Dicks has the 6th Congressional District? I tell you, I cant waste any more time. Dicks has more than just Bremerton or the Military to concern himself with.

64. Statesman needs to have written agreements with a number of organizations, including the Brinnon School District. These agreement are required in the ordinance that permits Statesman and Jefferson County to continue with the development. These agreements are called Memoranda of Agreement or MOUs.”

DING DING DING….are the lights on Ipsut??????

65. Ipsut…how many times do you have to be told the same thing over and over?

It is NOT a FEDERAL ISSUE, therefore Dicks’ office isn’t involved. Try calling the right people.

66. KARDNOS: Do you really need to be told that pollution in Hood Canal is a Federal Issue? That is why Dicks was REPEAT was involved with the Shine Pit issue just north of Brinnon and just south of the bridge. Again KARDNOS Hood Canal is a Federal Issue. So there in is my desire for his opinoin on the matter.

67. KARDOS: “Next you be saying it’s Obama’s fault because he is the President of the ENTIRE United States.”

Be that as it may, Our Congressman is unresponsive to his average constituents, whether speaking of the Federal Navigable Waterway called Hood Canal, or our 3 current un winnable wars.

68. philwatson says:

Norm Dicks Stimulus on Whiteboard :

69. philwatson: Good vidieo, sadly IMO it applies to most of our “leaders” one way or the other.

70. KARDNOS says:

“Next you’ll be telling me that Congressman Norm Dicks did not vote for the Iraq War.”

Good gawd. Everyone and his dog knows about that vote, the purpose of it and how Bush and Cheney bastardized it.

OK. You don’t like Dicks. We get it.

Meanwhile, it appears Jefferson County is working with Statesman. Try working local and see if you get the answer you are seeking.

71. KARDNOS says:

Phil posts a ‘Cloud for Congress’ video to prove his point….

geezus keeeeriiiiist…..

Great stuff, Phil. Do you have some Glenn Beck also?

Using the kid as a prop was great.

72. KARDNOS says:

Phil….”illegal no-bid contracts?

When Halliburton is brought up, the Conservatives say “can they help it if they are the only ones that can do the job?”

I nailed you perfectly when I called you a poor mans Karl Rove.

73. KARDNOS says:

Hey Phil….since you love to talk about “magically, Dicks’ son”…..

Maybe you have an explanation why Florida just happened to be the last state counting in the 2000 election, even though they are 3 hours ahead of California? Governor Bush……ooops….now I’ve gone and done it.

A congressman’s son gets appointed to a job and if he’s a Democrat there is corruption. A Republican Governor makes sure his brother becomes president and it’s just the Democrats complaining…..

Sure, Phil.

74. KARDNOS: You really do like to talk without much thought don’t you. Of course I have already let my views known to everyone you have mentioned including letters to the port townsend leader. The point is Hood Canal, just offshore of Brinnon is Federal and I can not get my Congressman to voice an opinion. Yes I do not like the fellow, is it any wonder. I did not start out that way. You blindly support Dicks, just as R’s blindly supported Bush in the past. I do get it.

75. KARDNOS says:

According to the Brinnon Group who oppose the Stateman project:

Each of their points reflect a local juristiction issue of zoning and health codes (read sewage treatment).

Two words: Jefferson County.

I’d put $10 on a bet the Dicks office has told Ipsut this and Ipsut continues to be the gadfly because of not liking the answer.

76. KARDNOS says:

Now, being a regular traveler of the Brinnon area on my frequent trips to Port Townsend for business (next Tuesday, as a matter of fact), I note that there are lots of established homes that probably have gravity fed septic systems that need to be reviewed and many of them need upgrade. Their waste is flowing right into the lowest point possible……you guessed it….Hood Canal.

Septic is a local issue. Are the opposition voices to Stateman development doing their part by spending $25-35,000 on a pressure septic system or is “environmental concerns” just a faux issue to stop development?

77. KARDNOS says:

Ipsut – you are now tryin Phil’s approach – attacking me. I’m not the problem. Your lack of ability to grasp your issue is the problem.

78. KARDNOS says:

it’s comical how quickly Conservatives can become “tree huggers” when the NIMBY situation comes to the front.

79. You’ve lost your bet KARDNOS, do I need to repeat myself again, NO response from Dicks office has been voiced, NONE. You really are the gift that keeps on giving, a real piece of work. You support politicians likely because they have a D near thier name. Just like R’s and Tea Party crowd support their losers.

80. KARDNOS says:

From KOUW News (of cours they are a college thus a liberal conspiracy):

Ad: “Then Congressmen like Norm Dicks in Washington state earmark those funds for bogus agencies like the Puget Sound Partnership. His son David magically becomes executive director of that agency, and he awards illegal no–bid contracts — ”

Fact check: No magic involved. Governor Gregoire appointed attorney David Dicks to head the Puget Sound Partnership in 2007. The effort to replace him is already under way. Dicks’ new job will be at the University of Washington’s new College of the Environment. College Dean Lisa Graumlich says Dicks beat out more than 70 other applicants to become the college’s director of strategic partnerships and civic engagement. She says the job is only three–fifths time because of the university’s budget woes.

Graumlich: “We very carefully, in these lean times, allocate resources as best we can.”

UW will pay Dicks $75,000 a year in the part–time position. That’s $50,000 less than he currently earns full–time at the Puget Sound Partnership.

Now if anyone wonders why Doug Cloud is a perennial loser, consider that he’s taking an appointment that was three years old and trying to make it a campaign issue.

81. KARDNOS says:

Ipsut – do I have to say that I don’t trust your word?

Tell me where to send the $10. It sounds like you need it.

82. If you are calling me a conservative you have not been reading my other posts, but then that would not surprise me. You prefer to speak without thinking. People like you do a disservice to those they support.

83. KARDNOS says:

This is definitely NOT the man for the job for which he was chosen in 2007:

David Dicks, a Seattle environmental lawyer and son of U.S. Rep. Norm Dicks, D-Belfair, has been named the first executive director of the Puget Sound Partnership.

“David Dicks is an accomplished lawyer in the area of environmental law and has a strong connection to the Puget Sound,” said Gov. Chris Gregoire in making the appointment. “Spending his childhood summers on Hood Canal has made David passionate about the protection of one of our state’s most precious resources.”

Gregoire said she expects Dicks’ energy to “match that of the many grassroots groups working with the state to restore the Sound.”

As executive director, Dicks will help coordinate a vast effort of numerous government and non-government organizations working to restore Puget Sound. By September 2008, the Partnership will complete a long-term plan for nursing the Sound back to health.

84. KARDNOS says:

Ipsut, your blind ambition to smear a Democratic Congressman on a local issue leads me to believe you are Conservative. It’s a tactic they do well.

Please forgive me if I’ve mislabeled you.

Meanwhile, are you jumping on my cause to get all the existent homeowners in Hoodsport, Brinnon, etc, to upgrade their septic systems to stop the pollution? Let’s be REALLY GOOD environmentalists and take care of the problems we can.

As to development, i.e., Statesman – just think of all the environmental controls that could be put on waste treatment that would assure a good 50 to 100 year life of clean water without problems.

Of course, I, having worked in septic and ground water marketing, don’t know anything about the subject.

85. KARDNOS says:

Ipsut – just one question….do you think that your applause of the silly youtube video submitted by Phil for the Cloud Campaign would lead me to think you support the Conservative cause, which is “a Democrat is a bad man”?

86. Ithappened2me2 says:

Poke my eyes out, please……

87. yabetchya says:

KARDNOS says:
    May 1, 2011 at 10:10 am

What a load of crap!
    For someone who is so full of it, you sure know how to spread it around.

88. KARDNOS says:

yabetcha – What…changing names twice in the same forum????

Call NW Cascade, Pipe Experts and ProVac and do an employment check on me. You know my name.

I did about a year’s work for Cascade, about 6 months with each of the others.

The best projects I’ve ever done, because it told me to sell my condo when stupid people fought with me over septic issues. I sold at the top of the market and the owners that fought with me are stuck with the lemon – 30 year old gravity systems and no reserve space for more drainfields.

Hey, Bergie…how’s that for “courage”? Listing former employment projects?

89. KARDNOS says:

Ipsut….you got suddenly quiet when I tried to enlist your help to change the environmental issue of antiquated personal septic systems. I guess your only concern is development.

90. fbergford says:

Kardnos…I applaud you for it! By chance did you read Bob Wiley’s book titled “Baby Steps”?

91. KARDNOS says:

Bergie….is your reference for life based on a silly movie?

92. KARDNOS says:

Bergie…I’ll be watching for you to take issue with Roncella and 3rd Pig for not using their real names.

93. nwcolorist says:

Although I’ve never voted for Norm, I’ve had a grudging respect for his ability to keep his head down and attend to work. But these last few years I’ve gotten the impression that he is unraveling. I got the same impression with Brock Adams before his meltdown from the sex scandal.

I think Norm’s days are numbered.

94. yabetchya says:

YO, Kard..I have NEVER changed names,,what so ever. I have always been me, no matter the insults, name calling. You on the other hand, leave your stench no matter what name you post under.
    I have been on here a long time, one name one mind. I do not need to lift myself up with multi-monikers just to agree with my self, or to over run threads with a bunch of septic self bravado.

95. KARDNOS says:

yabetcha……there is one problem with your lie. You’re not good at it. Save it for the rubes.

96. KARDNOS says:

“nwcolorist says:
    May 1, 2011 at 6:20 pm
    I think Norm’s days are numbered.”

You say this after he massacred the same opponent for two elections in a row?

Well, you think Obama’s days are numbered, but you can’t come up with a candidate there, either.

97. beerBoy says:

The interesting thing about folks who complain about KARDNOS (or whatever his name is) is how quickly they reduce their “contributions” on these threads to just spewing ad hominem venom.

98. yabetchya says:

KARDNOS says:
    May 2, 2011 at 6:47 am

Why would “yabetcha” challenge my career experiences if “yabetcha” only knows what I’ve shared in the TNT?

99. LarryFine says:

Funny coming from you bB… really.

•beerBoy2 wrote on 09/17/2009 06:25:44 PM:
    here’s a personal attack for you Wendy – go pleasure yourself. offended by my “personal attack on Howie – have the cajones to report it yourself.

frosty – your bias is showing.
    ;)

100. KARDNOS says:

“Well,,,maybe you forgot about all the other…..”things” you have done under your many names….hard to keep up with so many personalities.”

There you go again…..”knowing too much”…..LMAO

There is only one person…well actually two….that keeps track of me….

101. KARDNOS says:

I guess these housewives can’t fathom that a person with a career spanning over 40 years has had a few experiences. Especially when part of your career was as a consultant – which you still do when asked.

102. LarryFine says:

… and you’ve been reduced to spending the bulk of your day, almost everyday, posting over and over and over again on these threads.

Kooky.

103. KARDNOS says:

“LarryFine says:
    May 2, 2011 at 9:48 am

Kooky.”

Now how can I do that and drive over 700 miles in a week? As usual, you are lying….again…..

Of course, anyone that is managing my time on here, must be spending a hell of a lot of time on here to keep track. You’d think with so much time and monikers invested, you could at least be accurate or honest.

QUESTION – How do you know when you’ve gotten under a CON’s skin? ANSWER – They complain about how much you post.

104. LarryFine says:

It’s pretty easy to see how many times you post, and the time stamps, to determine how many hours a day you spend on these threads.

700 miles a week ? Yea….. it’s illegal to text while driving snail….

105. LarryFine says:

… unless you’re riding the bus…

106. Ithappened2me2 says:

So I guess it is not worth my time to complain that my comments with a Bing search to KARDNOS were deleted, but KARDNOS’ comments to a Bing search outing Phil are still here.

I am glad I stopped wasting my time on this TNT site with the individuals here that have the “special treatment”.

107. beerBoy says:

Says the man who maintains a beerBoy/arts/beerBoy2 archive in addition to quoting two year old posts from LuckyCharm as well as several others that he archives……

I’m thinking that doing that research on how many hours a day KARNOS spends on these threads would take a considerable amount of time.

Maybe you should think about getting a hobby…..

108. LarryFine says:

Don’t worry yourself about me bB…

LarryFine says:
    May 3, 2011 at 8:36 am
    “research project” what “praytell” are you blathering about?

It takes mere minutes to glimpse these threads and see how many hours of the day someone spends here.
    Heck, you don’t even need to read their garbage to see who spends the most time here…

109. LarryFine says:

kard… learn the difference between an observation and a complaint.