Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

ROYAL WEDDING: Wasn’t anything else more front-page worthy?

Letter by Rob Lindley, Spanaway on April 29, 2011 at 11:50 am with 17 Comments »
April 29, 2011 11:50 am

It must be a slow news day to put a wedding on the front page above the fold (TNT, 4-29).

I understand that in Britain the royal family, although purely symbolic, is still big news. But here in the colonies, I’m thinking that we have real heroes that could have been honored with a front-page spread.

Fairy tale? This might be interesting to some, but on the front page?

1. Amen to that

2. You whine and complain about everything just to whine and omplain don’t you rob?

In the future, don’t read what you don’t like or what you think is not ‘news worthy'(Like most all of us) and spare yourself and the rest of us your shrill whining and crying.

3. Omega6234 says:

XTP855… You are doing the exact same thing that Rob did. practice what you preach.

4. Omega6234 says:

And its not “shrill”, its merely typed out on black and white.

5. Look who is calling the kettle black 6234.

6. Omega6234 says:

i am.. an over exaggerating psycho. I am simply pointing out the fact that you are telling him to do exaclty what you didnt do. The definition of hypocrisy. Nice work!!

7. surething says:

Well, since a billion or more people were expected to watch, I think that makes it big news.

8. 6234 you need to learn the meanings of words, you clearly do not know what ‘hypocrisy’ is.

9. xtp855 you might be able to skinny out of being a hipocrite but you sound like a hatefull mean spirited individual. Try to be more polite

10. Royal Weddings are to some folks, like me, the equivalant of the Super Bowl.”
    I don’t watch the Super Bowl. A Royal Wedding is fun, love, a Big Show, and lots of very happy people. I admire the “Brits” for coming together to celebrate a great occasion.Thanks TNT for the coverage. A lot of us got up at 4 a.m. to watch. Rob, stick with the sports pages. They are deadly dull.

11. Omega6234 says:

TO : xtp855
    the practice of professing standards, beliefs, etc., contrary to one’s real character or actual behaviour, -HIPOCRISY

12. alindasue says:

Sometimes they put a fluff piece on the front page, whether it be a royal wedding, some sports game, or a local festival. What’s the big deal? They print what they think people are going to be interested in.

13. why does America give two cents about this wedding? The reason our forefather left England is because they didn’t agree to Monarch rule! It’s not like we get anything out of it

14. Flanagan says:

Rob…spoken like your typical male….but…we women love all the pretty faces, dresses, wild and crazy hats and a fun fairly tale now and then :o)

15. Its makes a pleasant change from yet another pic of Obama’s smug face. Maybe the new Duchess of Cambridge can tach the First Lady the basics of dress sense.

16. ItalianSpring says:

Look around America. Here’s what isn’t the headline but would be if Bush (or any repub for that matter) were president and we had the current economy: BUSINESS SPACE FOR LEASE. And justifiably so.

I have NEVER in my life seen so much unoccupied business space but I know Obomba can do even better and he will when he’s re-elected. Right libs?

17. princessnancy says:

Olemag — you stated it perfectly. I don’t watch any sports, but I do watch the Royal Weddings. With so many awful things going on in the world it is so nice to have a few hours of something joyful to watch. And we were not alone, billions watch this beautiful and moving ceremony.

This picture deserved front page coverage. My gosh, how many times have we had sports stuff on the front page?