Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

BRISTOL PALIN: Remark diminishes her appeal

Letter by Susan M. McAbee, Tacoma on Nov. 26, 2010 at 10:53 am with 108 Comments »
November 26, 2010 2:00 pm

Like thousands of others, I watched with interest Bristol Palin’s appearance on “Dancing With the Stars.” She joined the show with limited performing experience. As the weeks went by, her dancing and presentation improved to a point that she was fun to watch.

She had a following among watchers that kept her from elimination. So I was shocked to read a comment (TNT, 11-24) that was used as a “behind the scenes” portion of the Tuesday show: “Going out there and winning this would mean a lot. It would be like a big middle finger to all the people out there that hate my mom and hate me.”

Is this what we want from a spokesman and mentor for the teens in our country? I am appalled that Bristol would make this statement on TV. I would hope that this is not the type of comment that her mother would want her to be associated with.

The respect that she had earned from me has been diminished, and it saddens me that she felt the need to make this type of statement.

1. JudasEscargot says:

Christian upbringing.

2. Yeah. Heaven forbid that she might have some feelings about the way her family’s been treated by the media.

3. Christian upbringing or not, I am pretty sure if you had to endure what the Palin family has endured since she was selected to be the vice president nominee in 2008, you might want to fly the bird at the people attacking you too.

People can only take so much, as is evident on this site everyday…

4. Media celebrities who seek out media coverage forfeit their right to complain about media attention.

5. Do they bBoy? There was a time, or am I dreaming, that one could expect reasonably accurate, unbiased reporting on candidates and potential candidates.

Are candidates for office “celebrities?” Throwing your hat in the political ring does mean setting yourself up in the spotlight, true, but it shouldn’t result in what happened to the Palins. It was (is) inexcusable.

6. JudasEscargot says:

I have to laugh at the moans about how the Palin family is treated.

No one made them parade an unwed mother around the country. No one made Sarah Palin create a Facebook account to rattle cages. Remember how Levi went from good to bad, all based on what he shared or didn’t share about his life with the Palins? How about the luxury cabin that just happened to turn up in the wilds of Alaska with no road access to deliver materials?

President Obama’s wife and children are exemplary and are still poked from the Right Wing Sound machine, not to mention the “not an American citizen crappola” that Obama himself has had to tolerate, just because his skin isn’t the same color as every President prior to him.

Now watch. Someone will bring up the “race card” garbage.

Did anyone question George Bush about his birth certificate?

As a friend of mine once said “racism is ignorance”. The Birthers prove that statement correct.

7. JudasEscargot says:

“Roll_On says:
    November 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm
    Christian upbringing or not, I am pretty sure if you had to endure what the Palin family has endured since she was selected to be the vice president nominee in 2008, you might want to fly the bird at the people attacking you too.”

That’s pretty funny coming from one of the attackers on this forum. I guess that gives us all the right to fly the bird your way? Like Palin you love to antagonize and when it’s returned your direction, you whine.

8. Like daughter like mother.

sozo – you still get unbaised reporting, just not from Fox and Freaks.

as to Palin and all canidates maybe they should have lived by the old rule “never do anything you would be ashamed to see in print.”

9. Now, had that been Obama’s kid making that kind of remark, the tone from the right wouldn’t have been quite so conciliatory.

Poor Bristol.

Poor Sarah.

10. Yo JE, fly away……

11. The only thing I don’t understand is why Todd Palin doesn’t kick the dog crap out of David Letterman.

Bristol, not just a big finger but a big fist. You go girl.

12. bandit101 says:

I think Bristol’s statement is perfect! She just pointed out her honest feelings. Are very rare quality any more……. TRUTH!

13. JudasEscargot says:

bandit – you like truth?

Let’s see you cheer for that truth.

14. JudasEscargot says:

“velmak says:
    November 26, 2010 at 5:16 pm
    The only thing I don’t understand is why Todd Palin doesn’t kick the dog crap out of David Letterman.”

Maybe because Todd has enough sense to know that humor reflects reality. When you parade your unwed pregnant daughter around the national arena and expect humorists to not take notice and make jokes, you’ve lost your sense of reality.

Note that Sarah Palin did all the talking about the Letterman joke. She doesn’t really want Mr. Sarah Palin in the limelight too much. She actually made a reference to such in the “reality” show – a comment about Todd catching the first fish so that he could feel like he’s “bringing home the bacon”.

If I were Todd, I’d take the cut in pay and tell Ms. Mouth to hit the road.

15. bandit101 says:

I would presume that you feel you have the right to bash the Palin’s for having a child out of wedlock based on the fact that YOU must come from a perfect family that has had ZERO members that have had children out of wedlock for the last three generations preventing you from such a devastating embarrasment. What a horrid thought of such sinful lifestyle. I would be completely embarrased to find that I may have a bashtard child in my family too.

16. You, Judas, are the second jerk Todd should introduce to the business end of a baseball bat. Good riddance of bad rubish.

17. bandit101 says:

Well Judas. As I said before, Palins excel in the one quality that even you seem to have trouble with…… THRUTH!

18. JudasEscargot says:

19. JudasEscargot says:

Velmak – another person that can’t handle the truth?

Here are the facts:

1. Levi and Bristol were having sleepovers.
    2. Bristol got pregnant (rumors are that Trig was also Bristol’s)
    3. Rather than deal with an unwed child, Sarah Palin CHOSE to accept the limelight of the national media and accepted the VP nomination (she could have said “no, I have my plate full”)
    4. She did not have to bring the “family” on the national stage, but chose to do so, knowing full and well that much would be said.

Now, I can’t help it if Todd Palin is willing to play second fiddle to his wife and stand by while she makes comments about his role in the family. If he is inclined to take a baseball bat to someone, how about the person who insulted him on HER reality show?

20. JudasEscargot says:

bandit –

Prove that this statement isn’t true:

“Sarah Palin is a mediawhore that uses her children to get attention for her and then complains when the attention isn’t what she wanted it to be.”

You said you wanted truth.

21. JudasEscargot says:

Bandit……

YOU CAN’T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!

22. bandit101 says:

“JudasEscargot says:
    I see. Telling the truth about parading a pregnant teen around the national is called “bashing”. And all this time I thought you wanted to hear truth…..”

And you don’t dare mention Obama “parading” his two daughters around the country like every other politician does. C’mon, is this the best you can come up with?

23. bandit101 says:

I just can’t handle your pretended truth.

24. aislander says:

It is funny that a member would bash someone for acknowledging her family (what would have been said if she hadn’t?), as a way of shielding his President from comments about his exploiting HIS family…

25. JudasEscargot says:

If you don’t want people noticing your pregnant unwed daughter, don’t accept positions that “require” you to make her public. Palin could have easily said “I don’t think this is a good time in my life to accept such a position”. She chose to accept the public position, knowing full and well that her daughter would face ridicule.

Why is saying truthful things called “bashing” by the Right Wing? I would think that “bashing” would be false stories about religion and origin.

“Bashing” would be saying that an African American woman looks like a gorilla.

“Bashing” would be photoshopping a picture of Obama and his wife to make them look like the Right Wing’s perception of a pimp and a prostitute (see also Brietbart’s undercover couple – James O’Keefe and Hannah Giles)

“Bashing” would be making a fuss of a “fist bump” knowing that all sorts of athletes do it, as well as parents doing it with their athlete kids.

But remember, when Michelle Obama suggests that Americans need to help their children learn to eat more healthy foods, this is an opportunity for Sarah Palin to say she doesn’t need anyone telling her how to raise her kids.

Poor Sarah.

26. JudasEscargot says:

You know. I’m wrong about all of this. I forgot that Sarah Palin and her religious followers are America’s Family Values party.

27. bobcat1a says:

Velmak, maybe Todd is smart enough to realize that assault and battery is a felony punishable by prison time.
    There are three kinds of people in the world: 1. those who believe the world is the way they want it to be and get really enraged every time they are confronted with reality and 2. those who want the world to be better than it is and get angry when it doesn’t happen and 3. those who realize that nobody is perfect but most people are trying to do the best they can and we are more likely to get what we want by working toward that end rather than trying to demonize and destroy those with whom we disagree.
    Reasoned criticism is never wrong but deranged demonization is never right.

28. bandit101 says:

Well put, bobcat. Guys like this call us racists if we disagree with Obama, yet try their level best to destroy the other person. Maybe some religion would help them.

29. pazzo242 says:

I see Judas is still up to his same old tricks. Complains that bashing Obama is wrong, just because we disagree with the way he is destroying our country, one dollar at a time…or should I say 1 trillion dollars at a time. But its okay for Judas to repeatedly mention Bristol’s pregnancy as if that is a guide for Sarah Palin’s qualifications for public office.

As I have stated before I would not vote for Palin because she quit the governorship of Alaska but your argument about Bristol’s comments are sooooo lame. Just because they are in the lime-light does not mean the media has to be rude. Bristol is not the one running for office but she hates what is written about her mother, so I don’t fault her for sending out the bird to those who write stupid columns about her and Sarah.

30. sozo – Bristol is the celebrity personality being spoken about. She was thrust into the media by her mother and, since then, actively sought to stay in it.

Anything said or written about Sarah’s spawn now is fair game because the unwed mother/abstinence advocate/celebrity dancer has actively sought the limelight.

31. LOL Susan, it must be difficult for you.

32. She wasn’t there to be a mentor or an example.

She was there to boost the ratings and earn the station more advertising dollars.

Of course they were going to keep here there until the end; her mother’s supporters would tune in, and so would those who wanted to see her voted off.

I don’t watch the show, but did see performances form the finalists on Good Morning America; it was obvious that she did not say on the show because of her dancing abilities.

33. JudasEscargot says:

“So let me get this straight…you are a politician, governor of Alaska, then offered the VP slot on the Republican ticket and you’re going to say “No” because your daughter is pregnant…I think not. One step away fro the epitome of a politician’s career—truly Judas, are you that ignorant?”

Yeah, let’s get this straight. Not only did she throw a pregnant daughter on the national stage but she dragged her realtively new-born special needs child around. As an Uncle to a Downs person, this is something that I know about. There are many issues with Downs that can crop up and the wise parent takes a CONSERVATIVE approach to the early child rearing.

Again, it becomes a case of “what is more important?” Sarah knows that Sarah is more important.

Of course, I’m ignorant enough to have walked away from a career position because my executive salary saved a program for special needs children that was due to be cut because of government funding cuts.

I’m not as smart as Sarah. I don’t think of myself first

34. JudasEscargot says:

“Just because they are in the lime-light does not mean the media has to be rude”

I love it. The media tells the truth about Palin and her family and that is declared “rude”.

35. bandit101 says:

Judas – There you go with that word “truth” again. Of course that is only YOUR truth. You use that pretty losely don’t you? I think it is more about love. It is starting to appear to me that you are in love with Bristol and lashing out with jealousy because you can’t have her. Why else would you be so adamant about this subject. Either that or you, like so many other liberals, are scared to death of the Palins. Hmmmm…

36. JungleBoy says:

37. Susan- you’re not fooling me with your letter. I know you have always hated all the Palins, while I don’t. Stop trying to portray yourself as reasonable person and remember, hate is not a family value.
    PS- Sarah Palin is sexy as hell.

38. Roncella says:

Judas, Here is some truth for you to chew on.

39. Sarah Palin is sexy as hell.

Gotta luv the ‘publicans….they go from electing a alcoholic they would like to have a beer with to wanting to elect a woman they want to have sex with. Such high standards for choosing who to vote for!

40. And using your line of thinking bBoy, dems prefer presidents who have dalliances with interns while at work?

Judas, given that you feel for the “Trig-is-actually-Bristol’s baby” nonsense, I’d say anything coming from you on this subject is, well, for me your name will now be a “scroll-by” —

This may come as a surprise to many of you, but I actually agree that Sarah Palin has been far too eager to cash in on her notoriety, and I hope she does not run for president. Not that I think she couldn’t do as good a job as our current president (that’s actually not saying much) but because there are things about her that I question regarding the depth of her knowledge, etc. — AND thanks to the H’wood trashing of her, she would start out so behind I don’t think she could ever catch up. She is not the candidate I would like to see conservatives rally behind.

41. JungleBoy says:

sozo – I,too, hope that she isn’t the Republican candidate for president in 2012.

42. JudasEscargot says:

“Whoever wrote this line: “President Obama’s wife and children are exemplary and are still poked from the Right Wing Sound machine” — I would like to see an example of this if you would please?”

This is proof that the Right Wing doesn’t read everything. I already cited examples – birth certificate, religion, pimp and prostitute photoshop, etc.

You people on the Right just don’t want to see the reality that goes on around you. You pleasantly remain ignorant to all that doesn’t suit your taste.

“Judas, given that you feel for the “Trig-is-actually-Bristol’s baby” nonsense, I’d say anything coming from you on this subject is, well, for me your name will now be a “scroll-by” –“

Again, reading would be essential in exercising blogging. I said “rumors say thatTrig may have been Bristol’s child”. I don’t know that I care enough one way or another, but you guys jumped all over rumors about Obama so I guess it’s OK to consider the possibilities.

Then there is this beauty –
    Roncella says:
    November 27, 2010 at 10:25 am
    Judas, Here is some truth for you to chew on.

Sarah Palin has With Out A Doubt acomplished more already then you will your entire life, Chew on that truth.”

I guess it’s all in how you qualify “success”. Vince McMahon has achieved success, if you call faking wrestling matches on TV and making money off it. The guys from Jackass have made money, that you might call “success”.

Palin won the mayors race of Wasilla, AK by 200 votes and was elected Governor and quit.

If that’s success – no thanks, I’ll be unsuccessful.

43. JudasEscargot says:

“JungleBoy says:
    November 27, 2010 at 9:19 am
    Judas – you’re all over this blog thread. You must have a personal vendetta against the Palin family. Then again, judging by the alias you’re using, I suspect that your passion goes a little deeper. “

Hey, genius. Check the subject matter of the forum. Now check that I’m responding to comments directed at me, other than my first one. This is the way this blogging thing works.

As to a “personal vendetta:, I’d rather say I’m sick to my stomach of how Palin does everything possible to attract attention and then whines about it to attract more.

44. JudasEscargot says:

“bandit101 says:
    November 27, 2010 at 9:13 am

“In love with Bristol”? Can you get any more pubescent about your comments? I have grandchildren also as old as Bristol Palin.

Somehow or another the “Conservatives” confuse debunking lies with “fear”.

Probably that reading deficiency again…..

45. Judas’s priest sez – Judas, given that you feel for the “Trig-is-actually-Bristol’s baby” nonsense,

Does that now make you a dreaded “birther”?

Actually, the entire point of the Palin’s example is that they, like I, consider life more important than temporary convenience…….
    Life begins at conception, women HAVE a choice, 98% of them made the choice hours (or minutes) before conception.

Bet you didn’t even realize that the term “fetus” is Latin for “young child”.
    Now just put down your little flame-thrower and step slowly away from the mic…

46. Since you are so busy with piles of multiple rants, you did miss the irony of the “birther” comment didn’t you.
    Do you always yell ink with your eyes closed?
    You obviously do not know any Latin, and the thread is about the Palin family.
    You’ve passed Neptune….keep going ….
    Speaking of looneys, the infinitesimal occurrences involving any outside violence at abortuaries aimed at the staff or property of abortionists are at such a miniscule (that means wery wery wery small, Judas) proportion compared to the MILLIONS of murdered babies …per year…as to make your comments assignable to a 55 gallon barrel of toxic sludge.
    Although your last comment does make my point also.
    Take some Darvon…

47. First_Lefty says:

larsman – as one who has been clean and sober for over 22 years, I can guarantee that Judas would make more sense while sedated for surgery than you did in the your last two comments.

A little holiday cheer two days after the holiday?

48. bandit101 says:

“”JudasEscargot says:
    November 27, 2010 at 1:58 pm
    Try using the computer in front of your face to verify any of the things I have said about Palin.””

The only problem here is that if I quoted anything other than the Huffington Post while researching you wouldn’t believe it anyway.

I will say this though,. There are a lot worse things to worry about in this world about. Too bad you’re so infatuated with this Palin stuff. If you put that kind of enegy into something useful, you might actually make a difference in this world. All you show in this is sidetracked foolishness. Try finding a real topic, other than liberal rhetoric, which would be beneficial to ALL Americans and not just for yourself. Remember – you’re not the only grumpy old man around here and you’re not the only one with brains. I HATE that word “IGNORANT” that guys like you spill out of your mouths like sour milk.

49. Velmak, Maybe the first dude hasn’t taken on letterman because he’s waiting for Mama Grizzle to do it for him.

Sozo, Example 1. Michelle Obama’s “lavish” vacation to Spain.
    Free advice, Careful what you wish for, You may get it’

50. JudasEscargot says:

Xring – If Todd Palin took the forefront on the Letterman issue, how would Sarah get her face on TV and in print media again?

The amazing thing about that whole episode was how Palin attempted to manipulate the issue towards Letterman making said comment about the 14 year old, as opposed to Bristol, who became the public demonstration of non-chastity.

It was a classic deflection that must have facinated psycological experts worldwide.

Of course, a couple of years later, we see that the same daughter doesn’t have such a sparkling image (boyfriend in her bedroom on TV reality show).

I’m also fascinated by all the clamour about Michelle Obama’s bare arms, but for Palin and Daughter to wear shortie shorts on the TV show seems to be OK.

51. JungleBoy says:

Judas- Your garbage is overflowing the bin, and littering the street. Your neighbors (in responding to the mess) are simply asking you to not put so much in the bin.

52. It is too bad that one guy (of many names) has to be such a buzz kill on EVERY letter on this site.

53. As a matter of fact, your example does not disturb me xring. Believe me or not, I actually wanted to know what sort of thing you were talking about. And yes, I do remember the negative coverage about the money spent on the trip to Spain. Some of the criticism seemed righteous to me, but I’ll grant that anti-Obama media hounds made too much of it.

Example # 2? Or is that the only one?

54. Seems like crude comments run in the family. Sister Willow apparently doesn’t understand that homophobic comments posted on facebook are in the public domain.

55. Roncella says:

Judas, As you stated above you are well versed and knowledgeable about so many subjects, then you Must Be Aware That Geroge Soros Gives Millions and Millions to the Huffington Puff far left news outlet.

judas, why would Soros give millions to the Huffington Puff if it was not preaching the far left socialist montra everyday ??

Can You name At Least Three Things That Make You Proud of America and Proud to be an American ?

56. beer- I will stipulate that all libs want to have sex with Obomba.

57. JudasEscargot says:

Soros? The same Soros that fled dictatorships for the capitalism of the United States? Soros EARNS the millions and millions to do with as he sees fit. A very “leftist” concept there, Roncella. (snicker)

Three things that make me proud to be an American?

1. Freedom of Speech. Unfortunately much of the Right Wing doesn’t understand the application, but I’ll gladly teach it to them.

2. The Right to be successful to whatever degree you wish.

3. Despite the racism that still exists, we could at least momentarily rise above it and elect a man whose skin color is different than all of those preceding him. That gives me faith that, although America falls into those old patterns, we can always pick ourselves up, clean the manure from our faces that we fell in, and start over fresh.

4, One more for good measure. America (the United States) is a country founded on disagreement, thus it’s not against the law for us to disagree with an action or policy and still be a patriotic American. Otherwise, all of you TEA Partiers would be Anti-American for disagreeing with Obama.

Question – Am I the only one that notices how the Right Wing commenters can’t stick to the subject matter of this letter – i.e. Bristol Palin/Palin Family?

I see Roll_On is worried again about who is who.

58. sumner402 says:

I think the term ‘Media whore’ was invented for the entire Palin family.
    They have nothing to complain about, everything that is said about them is brought on by their own actions and they revel in it.

59. JudasEscargot says:

Roncella – can you cite a reliable source that Soros GIVES money to Huffpo? I don’t frequent the site, but the last time I was there, they didn’t seem to be hurting for advertising revenue. Arianna Huffington has more than a couple nickels to rub together.

60. First_Lefty says:

I wonder why my comment doesn’t log

61. First_Lefty says:

I see. If I mention a certain commenter’s name, my comment goes to moderation.

62. First_Lefty says:

OK. Back to my point. Soros donated $1million to Media Matters. I wonder how that stacks up to the money that Koch gives to Cato.

Why isn’t it OK for Soros to provide finance for a non-profit, but Koch can?

63. JudasEscargot says:

The Top 25 Blogs on the Internet:

3.Huffington Post: $70 million. Several websites commented that HuffPo might be worth $100 million when it raised $5 million late last year. Arianna Huffington said to Portfolio that the business was in the process of becoming profitable. In late 2007 management claimed that the website had 4 million unique visitors per month and would bring in $7.5 million for the year.

I’d say Roncella’s assertion about Soros funding Huffpo is about as accurate as his assertions about President Obama.

Thanks for the tip, Lefty

64. Sozo, example 2: Mr Obama’s recent trip to Asia, the one where he was taking a 3,000 person entourage, using 40 jumbo jets, 34 warships, and costing the US taxpayers $300 million a day.

65. Unless ron can demonstrate that George Soros is somehow influencing Dancing With the Stars, I really don’t see how any discussion about him is at all relevant to this thread.

If I actively demonized any Jewish financier the way the Right demonizes George Soros (a liberal, Jewish financier) I’m sure that there would be all sorts of accusations of antisemitism……

66. Amergain says:

I have no problem that Bristol Palin wanted to capitalise on her famous surname, to win a chance to compete on that dance show. The Palin Family are celebrities whether you agree with their extreme politics or not. Many Hollywood cinema stars are stars because they have a parent who was a star.

I disagree with almost everything that Sarah says. Criticism should be directed not at her person or her family. Her beliefs are worthy of criticism.

1. Palin’s religion, Christian Reconstructionism (Dominionism) wants merger of state and church, establish a National Church of Evangelical Christianity, Dominionists favour special rights for right wing Christianity and secondary status for other Christians, and even less for non-Christians and non-believers. Non-belief could even become a Capitol Offence. Laws would have to be compatible with the Bible.

2. I do not know for certain, her views on the Constitution. But Dominionists in general favour repeal of the Constitution. She obviously favours relatively unlimited gun rights and I agree with her on that. She opposes the First Amendment clause banning established religion.

3. She favours lower taxes, and I also agree with that.

4. She seems unconcerned about US involvement in foreign civil wars such as Gulf War I, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Korea. Like the Byzantine Empire, America is spending more on unnecessary wars than our economy can endure. Neo-Cons favour a continuous expansion by military conquest of a vast Christian World Empire. I do not think Palin has commented on Empire expansion by an overstretched army. Like the Byzantine Empire we are hiring foreign born people to train as soldiers. They are technically mercenaries. Rome and Byzantium both in decline had armies mostly of Teutonic, Hunnish, Avar, Mongol, and Turkish troops. This leads to speedier economic collapse of the Empire. Why don’t our leaders read History. I hope Palin is wise enough to not continue this national suicide policy.

Sarah is a woman, and I would hope that her motherhood would restrain her from sending valuable overstretched US armies into a series of unwinnable hell holes.

Sarah Palin could be our next president.

67. JudasEscargot says:

test

68. xring, I believe we were talking about Obama’s wife and daughters. Please try to stay on track. Now, how about that second example?

69. JudasEscargot says:

Talking about Obama’s wife?

How about calling her a gorilla?

How about the “bare arms”?

How about the “touching the Queen”?

Obama’s daughters haven’t gotten pregnant nor used potty mouth on Facebook.

70. JudasEscargot says:

How about this on “Facebook about Obama Daughters”?

“Rush Limbaugh suggests President Obama take his daughter to be “groped” in a TSA patdown”

Yeah…..the right never BASHES the Obama kids, huh?

Disgusting POC

71. JudasEscargot says:

It’s amazing how intellectually dishonest the Conservatives on this forum are when it comes to the things that have been said about the President and his family.

72. What is “lgbtq” B? ( I don’t make a habit of clicking on addresses I don’t recognize, you never know if your virus protection is 100% effective ;)

“there would be all sorts of accusations of antisemitism……”
    Doubtful.

73. That’s weird, it says 76 responses but I only see 71.

74. JudasEscargot says:

lesbian/gay/bisexual/transgender/queernation website.

You’ll find the same information on several media websites as Willow’s foul comment was reported quite a few days ago. I saw it on Comcast.net

75. First_Lefty says:
    NOVEMBER 28, 2010 AT 12:10 PM
    JE – my comment that didn’t log – the person that worries about who is who is one that whines when called on their garbage. Beware.

If you are implying that this person is me, I hate to burst your bubble. I didn’t whine to anyone. Also, if it is me you are accusing, can you provide the post where you or JE responded to my “garbage” that I whined about?

It WAS kind of cute reading you talk to yourself though….

And JE, regarding the Limbaugh quote you took out of context, he said since Obama and his daughters swam in the Gulf to prove there was no oil to be afraid of, he suggested that Obama let his daughters go through a TSA grope session to prove to the nation that the new “procedures” were perfectly acceptable. If it is good enough for the Prez’s daughters, it should be good enough for America’s daughters.

You should read up on taking things out of context when you are doing your research.

76. Limbaugh’s remark notwithstanding, I have seen nothing scandalous written ABOUT the president’s daughters who appear to be charming young women.

Where DO you go to find these things? Could it be that you go in search of garbage? Perhaps you are a collector?

77. JudasEscargot says:

Oh gee, Roll_On, that context is so much nicer. NOT.

There is no nice way to make reference to groping a pre-teen girl. Try mentioning that sort of thing when you are applying for mentorship volunteering and see how quickly the interview ceases.

You people are amazing – the lengths to which you will go to protect your beloved celebrities.

On the subject of pat down (the grown up word) searches – When George Bush was President the Conservatives couldn’t go far enough outside the lines of the 4th Amendment to make sure that terrorists didn’t follow us into our supermarkets. Now that we’ve got a Democrat (with different colored skin and a less anglo name), all of a sudden we’ve got an issue with searches? The hypocrisy is beyond laughable.

Now, the “pat down” of a child – Limbaugh wouldn’t know, because his gluteus maximus cist didn’t allow him to serve in the military, but children were booby trapped with explosives in Vietnam, thus the idea is not a new one and I doubt that a terrorist of any origin would have a problem with sacrificing a child, for the cause.

Hell, there is a religion that is based on the sacrifice of a child……. but I digress…

I do remember that Palin backed down after dressing Limbaugh down for an inappropriate comment directed at developmentally disabled people. I guess Limbaugh gets away with it all.

You need to do something about your obsession with me being Lefty, or Sumner, or whoever I’ll be this week. You are beginning to look a bit silly.

78. JudasEscargot says:

sozo: Do you live in a cave and only come out when Rush says it’s OK? The “gorilla” comment was all over all of the major media – print and electronic.

Don’t make your ignorance become my issue. I pay attention. If you don’t, that’s not my problem.

Here is how I found Limbaugh’s tasteless comment. Before saying anything about the Obama children and Facebook, I decided to research first (what a concept, huh?). I searched “obama daughers facebook” to see if they were allowed to social network. It turns out that there is a Facebook site ABOUT the girls, obviously authored by others. Someone posted the Limbaugh quote, thus it was on other media. It took me less than a minute to look something up so that I didn’t say something that was false or incorrect.

Is research something that you avoid before asserting things on this forum?

I can’t believe I had to ask that question.

79. JudasEscargot says:

“I do not frequent sites nor subscribe to publications that refer to Mrs. Obama as a “gorilla” or critique her arms, so I was unaware of such things.”

All of the networks, most cable news stations, most of the major print media covered both of these issues. FOX probably avoided them like the plague because both issues shed a negative light on Conservatives.

Feeling particularily blissful?

80. For sumn reason the ‘comments posted’ don’t match the actual count… so > my question “What is “lgbtq” B?” remains unanswered

81. JudasEscargot says:

bliss

82. Maybe thewho is on to something?

83. JudasEscargot says:

I traveled to New Orleans, Las Vegas (twice), Phoenix and St. Louis all before Obama was elected and witnessed people pat searched and electronically searched.

Keep ignoring. It is the root of ignorance. It is easier than facing the truth.

84. sozo, just try a web search with either ‘limbaugh obama daughter’ or beck obama daughter’ and you will have all the examples you need.

85. JudasEscargot says:

xring – too late. They have their fingers in their ears, yelling “lalalalalalalala”

86. JudasEscargot says:

From the NY Daily News (which means it was picked up nationwide):

A prominent South Carolina Republican killed his Facebook page Sunday after being caught likening the First Lady to an escaped gorilla.

Commenting on a report posted to Facebook about a gorilla escape at a zoo in Columbia, S.C., Friday, longtime GOP activist Rusty DePass wrote, “I’m sure it’s just one of Michelle’s ancestors – probably harmless.”

Busted by South Carolina political blogger Will Folks on his FITNEWS blog, DePass told WIS-TV in Columbia, “I am as sorry as I can be if I offended anyone. The comment was clearly in jest.”

Then he added, “The comment was hers, not mine,” claiming Michelle Obama made a recent remark about humans descending from apes. The Daily News could find no such comment.

“‘Humor’ like this is nothing new for South Carolina Republicans – even as the party claims to be focusing on ‘outreach’ efforts to minorities,” said Folks, a former gubernatorial spokesman and widely read blogger. “The fact that Palmetto [State] Republicans don’t get that this is a serious problem for them baffles us.”

Let’s blame it all on Facebook. They keep misquoting the Palins and other public Conservatives.

87. JudasEscargot says:

Of course, no one subscribes to nor pays attention to ABC News or Glenn Beck.

88. sumner402 says:

Of course you are correct in that the problem begins when the lemmings and brain dead rightwingers like the one that post here see or hear any criticism of her, or anyone on the far right for that matter, they think it is personal.
    That sets them off on a whine fest about Soros and whatever talking points fox and beck have been pushing the last 24 hours.

89. I became aware of Willow’s bad behavior on facebook by looking at the editorial cartoons on the TNT site. The cartoon used the word that formerly was defined as a “bundle of sticks” and, when I was young, the first syllable was slang for a cigarette.

My post was careful not to use the verboten word but it was included in the URL address I cited.

Apparently the TNT has no trouble printing words elsewhere that they won’t allow here.

j – JudasEscariot answered you question. However, to find other sources, google “Willow Palin facebook (and the verbotten word)”

90. sumner402 says:

Limbaugh’s remark notwithstanding…..

The hypocrisy is shining bright again.

91. JudasEscargot says:

beerBoy – As I posted before….”fingers in ears going lalalalalalalala”

92. First_Lefty says:

LOL. Some people have the tinfoil tuned too tight.

Emails don’t lie.

93. Some of you must have huge amounts of time to do all this very important “research.” LOL

94. sumner402 says:

Or just a few seconds to do ANY research and not simply take the word of known liars and drug addicts on the radio and TV.
    Give that a try sometime.

95. JE – ‘won’t listen” situation normal all plugged up.

96. First_Lefty says:

“sozo says:
    November 29, 2010 at 10:41 am
    Some of you must have huge amounts of time to do all this very important “research.” LOL ”

Yeah, internet search engines take less than 3 seconds. HUGE amounts of time.

97. First_Lefty says:

“sozo says:
    May 14, 2010 at 5:15 pm
    What utter nonsense. One more reason Tacomans will have to apologize to friends and famiily from afar who already think Tacoma’s a stink pit.

Read more: http://blog.thenewstribune.com/letters/2010/05/14/boycott-will-reap-unintended-consequences/#ixzz16hba44ST

Took me all of 30 seconds to search, copy, paste and post

98. Quite the circle jerk going there. LOL.

99. sumner402 says:

How did you ever find the time Lefty?

100. thewho using sexual actions oftentimes used in the post-AIDs homosexual community.

Gee……kettle, black?

101. You have a one track mind, weird.

102. My playful response to you was excised yet your “circle jerk” post remains.

Kooky.

103. This clearly went by some of you, but I was attempting to make a joke about WHERE you get all this “vital” information you like to call research. Even I’m savvy enough to know that a few clicks on the keyboard will take you wherever you want to go on the net to find support for whatever opinion you’re expressing.

duh.

104. sumner402 says:

Way to cover sozo, use the old standard “I was joking” defense….it works every time.

105. beerBoy says:

This clearly went by some of you….

And yet you insist that I am arrogant….

106. “playful response” ???

107. Hey, bBoy, just making an observation does not make me arrogant. It is “evident” that my intended joke “went by” some people. Heck, I’ll even take the blame for it.!