Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

ROSSI: Once again, we fail to elect a great leader

Letter by Wendy L. Lake, Auburn on Nov. 5, 2010 at 9:02 am with 105 Comments »
November 5, 2010 9:02 am

Once again, the majority of voters in our state have ignorantly chosen not to elect Dino Rossi to represent us in public office. Rossi has a brilliant, mathematically based brain that we so desperately need in our pitiful government. His level head and common sense are attributes that so few politicians possess.

I would like to thank Dino for his compassion and service to the citizens of Washington. We the people are the real losers for once again failing to elect a great American.

Tags:
  1. Really smart does not necessarily equate to really good at leading. If Rossi was a good leader we would not be saddled with Senator Murray for six more long years!

Right now is the time for some really energetic, 30 something, republican to
    get in the news week after week speaking about replacing Senator Cantwell. Anything short of that will fail too!

2. beerBoy says:

Wendy, Wendy, Wendy – in order to be a great leader one has to actually lead. Losing 3 elections doesn’t exactly give Dino a great track record as leading.

3. Yep- they elected Patty Murray for another 6 years, as she represents hope and change I guess.

4. Patty Murray does represent King County residents well. In fact, she’s the perfect representative for the values in the Puget Sound region.

Rossi’s given it his best shot, against all odds, but a new face might present at least some “hope” for a real “change” in this area.

5. Roncella says:

Wendy, If Rossi could not win in the last election with so many Dems. sent packing, I doubt he could ever win.

So now we have patty murray 6 more years of spending and voting as her leaders instruct her to, no matter what damage she does to the state or the
    Country, its party first for patty.

6. sincere says:

Since when has Pepperment Patty done any Meaningful leading,except to lead the sheep down the wrong path?We now are saddeled with 6 more years of inept representation.We also have 2 more years of Cantrell!Hopefully maybe enough people will wake up to see how ineffective she has been.Wa.voters seem to ignore how ineffective some of our elected officials are but continue to keep them in office.

7. Kevindot1 says:

Patty Murray has done a lot of good for this state. Her track record over her previous three terms is what got her re-elected. And the fact that the majority of this state does not fall for the doom and gloom scare tactics from the GOP. Funny how the conservative voices during this election forgets that the collapse of our economy started under GOP control. The whole west coast is smarter with better memories than most of the rest of the country.

8. Kevindot1 says:

@Roncella: Rossi is also step for step in line with his GOP constituents. You make it sound like Patty Murray and her belief in the Democrats is so far out in left field compared to every other politician’s in-line actions with their respective parties. ALL politicians are corrupt liars. The majority of this state have stated time and time again that they feel Rossi is just more of a liar than his challengers have been.

9. colsprague says:

You cannot be a great leader if you can’t get the majority to follow you.

10. Three times and you’re out! I hope we’ve finally seen the last of that slime ball. Rossi needs to get a job he might be good at, like door to door bible salesman.

11. sozo & roncella – have to agree with you. Had the Republicans chosen someone else to run against Murray they might have won. However, IMO, while Rossi had a lot of baggage, he was probably the best choice among those seeking the Republican nomination.

Kind of makes me wish for the good old days of smoke rooms and late night deals that gave us Magnusson, Jackson, and several outstanding Republican Senators.

12. Roncella says:

xring, I agree with your post above (11:37 am). Your right on.

13. FreeAmerica says:

“Rossi was just not a very agressive speaker or campaigner. He may have been more qualified and gifted, and intelligent but he could not get his message across to the public.”

Well said Roncella… I agree.

14. Ronc – should have said ‘would have probable won’. Will be interesting to see how to 2012 race goes.

15. First_Lefty says:

The leader who lost 3 elections, won two State senate races (walked away from one term to pursue “bigger and better”) and has hired apartment managers and maintenence people.

Dang, that’s almost as good as Sarah Palin.

16. Roncella says:

Well First Lefty, How did like the way the elections went on tuesday.

The dems. lost 65 seats and counting, 6 senators, 10 governors, and the huge loss of legislative, sit down now Lefty for this one, you ready, here it comes, 682 legislative seats turned republican, this is tremendous.

Not to get too up set first lefty, three of your hero’s made it, Barbara Boxer, Barney Frank, Patty Murray.

17. Novelist3 says:

For once, I totally disagree with Roncella.
    There is absolutely no way Rossi could have won this election. There is absolutely no way any Republican could have done it, no matter how good a campaigner. If people look at the charts, and at the voting numbers before a certain pair of cities got their tallies in, Rossi had a comfortable lead.
    But Seattle and Olympia have massive stuffed-in populations, enough hardcore liberals that they’ll never allow a Republican to be elected. They are like California, who re-elected Nancy Pelosi with a stunning 80 percent margin, despite the fact that she presided over one of the worst government collapses in history and couldn’t get things in order even with a veto-proof majority in all three branches of executive government.

18. theogsters says:

I have to disagree with you, Wendy. Dino may be a nice guy but he is a totally uninspired politician. His body English suggested from day one he was just going through the motions, fully expecting defeat. And then there’s his rarely mentioned, often obscured agenda to overturn hard won reproductive rights for women at the first opportunity. That’s a deal breaker right there. Fortunately, the voters wisely judged him and turned out for Murray.

19. Novelist3 says:

“Fortunately, the voters wisely judged him and turned out for Murray.”
    You mean Seattle and Olympia. Just about everywhere else would have put him in office, as per my last post.

20. First_Lefty says:

Roncella says:
    November 5, 2010 at 3:06 pm
    Well First Lefty, How did like the way the elections went on tuesday.

Politics are local. Our legislature majority is Democratic, as is the State Senate. Most of my county is Democratic – all three commissioners and other seats, other than the Auditor, who is Republican and earned my vote because she is good at her job. I would have preferred Denny Heck’s experience over Jaime Herrera for 3rd District Congress, but our district takes up a lot of rural space where the voters are low information. I drive south frequently, and I hear the Deliverance theme from the Lewis County line to North Vancouver. Since both of them have no seniority, it won’t make a lot of difference anyway. Norm Dicks, Adam Smith and it appears Rick Larson, will continue to represent WA voters interests

GOP majority in the House. Well, life goes on. It will be fun to see what the Republicans do for a budget. If you recall, the last time they said that had a budget it was blank pages. That won’t work anymore. Of course, they’ll have to sell their ideas past a Democratic majority Senate. Good luck, after sticking it to the Dems with record filibusters – aka cloture for you rhetoric roulette players.

Now, regardless of what I THINK, here is what we already know. Despite the voters saying “jobs and economy” were the most important thing to them, Mitch McConnell already said his priority is politics – replacing Obama. So much for the “will of the voters” and the BS that the GOP peddled to get elected.

The recession will continue, jobs will not magically appear and, as usual, I’ll survive. I don’t place my life in the hands of any elected official.

21. First_Lefty says:

For those of you complaining about the alleged inordinate amount of “liberals” in the Puget Sound, you might want to consider a move to Eastern Washington, or even another state that would suit you better.

Of course, even Alaska is demonstrating that the Extreme Fringe of the Right Wing isn’t going to cut it with them. Something tells me that you extremists will never be satisfied. Heck, look at Scott Brown. He was your poster boy and now he is Numero Uno on your hit list.

Fame is a fleeting moment in TeaPartyLand.

22. tomwa007 says:

Rossi a leader, it might be time to instate an IQ test with voting privileges?

23. First_Lefty says:

“They are like California, who re-elected Nancy Pelosi with a stunning 80 percent margin, despite the fact that she presided over one of the worst government collapses in history and couldn’t get things in order even with a veto-proof majority in all three branches of executive government.”

Novelist, you are taking your name too seriously. Your comments are supposed to be based on facts, not fiction.

The alleged “veto-proof” majority was in place for about 30 days in July 2009. I’ll let you do the research on that so you can appreciate what you can learn when you really want to find the truth.

“Government collapse”?????????????? I don’t think, in 10 years of blogging that I have ever read a more hyperbolic phrase. Not only is it inaccurate (nothing collapsed) but your need to refer to said “collapse” (remember that’s false) as “the worst”, as if there was a rating system outside your alleged mind.

The one thing that can be recorded for the past two years is that the Republicans were successful at blocking over 300 piece of legislation, regardless of the value to the American public, because they wanted to win an election.

24. First_Lefty says:

“tomwa007 says:
    November 5, 2010 at 4:08 pm
    Rossi a leader, it might be time to instate an IQ test with voting privileges?

I am sorry but a brilliant mathematical mind would not run for office only megalomaniacs do.”

Well, I agree that Dino Rossi doesn’t have a brilliant mathmatical mind, but many people run for office to serve their community. Some even serve their community without being paid.

In looking at his past, I don’t see a leader, I see a “take care of me”. Leaders do what is best for the team.

25. First_Lefty says:

ItalianSpring says:
    November 5, 2010 at 9:31 am

Nope. She represents “I hope there is no change”. Murray has served the citizens of Washington excellently, bringing home funding for projects and employment for 18 years, with another 6 coming.

26. the3rdpigshouse says:

Washington’s entitlement-based ignorant electorate once again believes that a socialist democrat will be a better U.S. Senator than a true patriot – a sad testament to an ignorant electorate!!

27. First_Lefty says:

the3rdpigshouse says:
    November 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm
    I didn’t get my way, blah blah, socialist, blah blah, marxist, blah blah, the democrats cheated, blah blah, same thing over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over over and over .

I’ve got a recording studio. How about I’ll record you for free and you can just give us all a CD and save a lot of time and space on this forum?

28. the3rdpigshouse says:

First-Lefty

Those who see nothing more self fullfilling than seeing their own name in print, offer little to society!!

29. First_Lefty says:

“the3rdpigshouse says:
    November 5, 2010 at 6:22 pm
    First-Lefty

RED LETTER DAY! A post without “socialist” or “marxist”

30. “First_Lefty says:
    NOVEMBER 5, 2010 AT 4:01 PM
    other than the Auditor, who is Republican”

Um no, she is a democrat. Go back and re-read her election material from 08, or 09 when she ran to take the place of the appointed auditor that took the place of the auditor that ran to become County Executive (who by the way won the same way that Washam won, with the stupid rank choice voting).

She is a democrat, but at least she appears to be running the office as non-partisan, like the citizens of Pierce county decided when they voted to make that office non-partisan.

31. bobcat1a says:

Novelist says “Don’t say “we”, and don’t blame this on Rossi. Seattle and Olympia color our state blue, and there’s not a damn thing we can do about it.”

If the rest of the state wants to reject the Puget Sound in elections, it would be reasonably consistent for them to also reject all of the money from here that pays for their roads and many public services that they can’t afford on their own. If it weren’t for the western part of the state, there wouldn’t be a paved road outside of Spokane on the east side. Now they’re just a bunch of welfare riders sucking on King County’s teat.

32. First_Lefty says:

“RollOn says:
    November 5, 2010 at 6:55 pm
    “First_Lefty says:
    NOVEMBER 5, 2010 AT 4:01 PM
    other than the Auditor, who is Republican”

I quote The Olympian – “Secretary of State Sam Reed handed the award last month to his former understudy, Kim Wyman, who has served since 2001 as Thurston County auditor. Both officials are Republicans …

Maybe, just maybe, I know more about who I voted for than you do, considering that you weren’t in my home in THURSTON COUNTY when I filled out my ballot.

So typically Conservative….they think they have all the answers, but they don’t even know what the question was.

33. First_Lefty says:

Was I too vague in my response to RollOn?

34. bobcat1a says:

It’s amazing how many ideologues assert that the people speak with the voice of wisdom when the people agree with them but believe the people are ignorant or gullible when they don’t. You can’t have it both ways.

35. First_Lefty says:

Since both Sam Reed (a personal friend of mine) and Kim Wyman live in my community and we’ve worked on community projects together and since I talked to Kim when she was Master of Ceremonies for Sam’s kick off breakfast for this 2008 campaign………I think I know which party they are affiliated with.

Now, RollOn, maybe you can correct me. Did something change in the past hour in terms of Wyman’s politics that I don’t know about?

36. First_Lefty says:

bobcat:

I’d say RollOn is guilty of “assuming”…….ya know whut I mean????

But ya see…I’m a librul and since I’m a librul I can’t no nuthin’ about Republicans, much less have assoceeashuns with em

37. First_Lefty says:

RollOn????

Was it something I said?????

38. Novelist3 says:

“all of the money from here that pays for their roads and many public services that they can’t afford on their own”
    I’m sure elimination of the billions of tax dollars you leftists are wasting here for light rail, ridiculous tunnel projects and metro buses would nicely compensate for any loss of finances for “public services” you leftists are bragging about providing to the nation.

39. beerBoy says:

Novelist – now you are defending 3PH’s post (I don’t use the plural as they are all essentially the same post).

40. The vast majority of the population of the state of Washington lives along the I5 corridor. They pay the bulk of the taxes, which help support the rest of the state. By their numbers, they have the most control over who is elected Senator. The people for whom they vote, rightfully, represent their values. They are the majority.

Areas of the state where population is sparse are entitled to representation disproportional to their population, yet nobody complains that they might have a greater say, per person, than those who live in heavily populated areas.

There’s nothing wrong with not being to the right of center. In fact, the center is defined as being in the middle. If it were wrong to be to the left of center, then it would be equally wrong to be to the right of center. Yet there will always be a proportionate number of people on either side of center.

But somehow, being to the left of center, seems to present a problem for those on the right.

41. First_Lefty

I don’t spend 24/7 in front of this blog. I was doing other things last night so I couldn’t respond to your polite tolerant reply.

And I will apologize (don’t ask me why). I thought you lived in Pierce County, so I had the wrong Auditor.

42. reformedliberal says:

Liberals say the darnedest things sometimes. Look at this zinger:

“Her track record over her previous three terms is what got her re-elected.”

Um, no. It was the “D” behind her name that got her re-elected.

43. JudasEscargot says:

Novelist – only someone truly in denial can’t see 3rd Pig’s constant rant of “communist”, “socialist” and any other stupid childish name he can come up with.
    Interesting how you had to edit First Lefty’s comments to take them out of context.
    Are you often sticken with paranoia of who is behind each moniker on this forum?

44. JudasEscargot says:

RollOn:

Nice of you to note how tolerant Lefty was. Maybe you need to stick to what you know, and not what you assume.

45. JudasEscargot says:

Novelist doesn’t understand that those who want the tunnel in Seattle are those who stand to make the most profit from the view that will increase on their downtown condominiums and commercial properties.

A bunch of the liberal elite.

46. Sumner401 says:

Wendy, parroting the party line and offering nothing in the way of solutions isn’t “great leadership”.
    Rossi is a loser and he always will be.
    Find another falling star to hitch your wagon to.

47. Sumner401 says:

Either that or the people of Washington can see him for what he really is and they rejected him, for the third time. They see him as a party puppet that does not represent their views.

48. BigSwingingRichard says:

I met Dino Rossi and I like him but I think he may have made a tactical error in not campaigning more in King County in an effort to show that he is not the monster that Patty Murray made him out to be.

Patty Murray cannot show herself as a person who understands anything other than elementary mathematics. Her only chance at reelection is to pretend she is the kindly little mom who watches over the little chicks to whom she feeds worms to, while at the same time she distorts and lies about Rossi. The sheeple in King County (mostly other women) are as stupid as she is and, sadly her tactics worked.

49. JudasEscargot says:

When will Dino Rossi’s losses be Dino’s fault?

Listening to this reminds me of the wife of a drunk and the excuses she has for the results of his drunkeness.

50. JudasEscargot says:

So “mostly other women” vote for Murray and there is something wrong with that?

That would mean that “mostly other men” vote for Rossi. What does that mean?

51. The presumption and poor logic here are remarkable.

Liberals or progressives voted for Murray and conservatives voted for Rossi. The liberal men I know take great pride in their support of women. I can promise you that I represent a whole lot of women who did NOT vote for Patty Murray.

52. Who needs “change” right? California we idolize you……

53. Sumner401 says:

But clearly not enough to make a difference, which brings us to, ‘presumption and poor logic’.

54. Sumner401 says:

When will Dino Rossi’s losses be Dino’s fault?

First Tuesday after never.
    Same day a republican tells the truth and admits to their mistakes and failures.

55. Roncella says:

Sumner its really great you have three of your hero’s who did not lose to Republican/Conservatives, Patty Murray, Barbara Boxer, Barney Frank, yea those are three charactors to have voted for alright, Oh Yea.

When you consider the massive win by the Republicans including 680 state legisative wins, its nice some of your hero’s like patty, barbie, barney all won their elections.

56. JudasEscargot says:

Roncella says:
    November 6, 2010 at 12:40 pm

Didn’t you leave Pelosi out of the demonizing list or is she OK now that this is going to be minority leader and not speaker?

57. JudasEscargot says:

“Patty Murray cannot show herself as a person who understands anything other than elementary mathematics.”

Addition and subtraction is all that is required to understand that if you spend more (wars) and tax less (tax cuts) you end up in the hole.

58. Sumner401 says:

roncella, you are slipping on your talking points man, better step back and reload them.
    You missed several things to blame me for.

59. I never expected Patty Murray to lose this election, especially to Rossi.
    Anyone who doesn’t grasp the collective mindset of the majority of folks in Puget Sound is living in the dark. You are safely tucked in among the majority, Sumner. Fear not.

60. lovethemountains says:

JudasEscargot, the reason there were not more Republican wins is because the Dems have been so very good at demonizing. They reinvented the word. Think back, serously and honestly, at the nature of all the TV ads. The Dems are masters of that tactic.

61. pen_mightier_than_sword says:

Well I was waiting for it and not a single Tea Partier wrote it so:

Patty is a Marxist, socialist, fascist, obummer, kooky democrat. I never realized that our state was filled with 800,000 registered voters who re socialist, Marxist, fascists.

I love the irony that the Tea Partiers accuse democrats of drinking the koolaid when that reference comes from people blindly following preachers to their deaths (Jonestown) when it is Tea Partiers who reject evolution, global warming and hold the Bible and Constitution out as infallible Christian documents.

It is clearly the Tea Partiers who meet the very definition of Koolaid drinkers. It would take Christ himself to appear in the sky to tell the Tea Parties that global warming is real, since they disregard scientists as to warming and evolution. I’m surprised they believe the Earth is round.

62. Novelist3 says:

“When will Dino Rossi’s losses be Dino’s fault?”

They will when there’s any evidence that the voters of Seattle, Olympia and other far-left regions of lunacy will move beyond the same brainless liberal syndrome that kept (and keeps) people like Pelosi, Barney Frank, Barbara Boxer, John Murtha, Ted Kennedy and Harry Reid sitting in positions of power no matter how terrible a job they do.

John McCain was a terrible candidate who never should have been brought against Obama. His loss was his fault. Rossi, on the other hand, did a fine campaign, as evidenced by the fact that he won handily amongst every intelligent voter in the state. But Olympia and Seattle are populated by the same, typical leftist sheep, and not a single thing could have been done for Rossi to motivate them into voting for him.
    I honestly wish we could split the state into two- that way “Western Waaah” could have their faux-soccer-mom and failing economy and the rest of us could have elected the right candidate.

63. JudasEscargot says:

lovethemountains says:
    November 6, 2010 at 4:05 pm

Yep. They invented the word Swiftboating.

64. First_Lefty says:

Novelist3 says:
    November 6, 2010 at 4:36 pm

No, the candidate that they chose to run with him did him in, not that he would have beaten Obama anyway.

If John McCain was terrible, that doesn’t say much for the field of Republicans that ran against him, which is basically all they have for 2012.

65. bobcat1a says:

66. Congratulations Novelist. Your nasty, demeaning comment made Lovingthemountains comments about Democrats being the masters of demonizing their opponents, appear rather silly. Saved lefties the trouble.

67. Novelist3 says:

“Novelist, western WA would be far better off financially without eastern WA and who do you think would pay for all those roads they use over there?”
    Already covered that. Eastern Washington is perfectly self sufficient without you, thank you very much.
    Cirrus-
    Your group put forward a weak, quivering, idiot to run against Obama. That’s your own fault. McCain was a worthless candidate, plain and simple, a simpering, whimpering, shivering Chihuahua of a man, not qualified to lead a marching band, let alone the nation.
    I love being an independent- knowing that I get the ire from the idiots on both sides of the aisle lets me know I’m doing a good job.

68. N3 – there are lots of intelligent people from both parties that knew Rossi was not the best candidate to unseat Murray because he is too well known. Had there been a younger, more dynamic candidate (like Marko Rubio in FL) Murray would most likely have lost.

IMO – McCain was a perfect throw away candidate which is why the Republican Leadership selected him. If he won well and good, there’s another useful idiot in the White House. And if not, no problem. At least none of the front line candidates have a lose on their records.

69. Dear Dino,
    Please move to another state. Or another country. Enough is enough. We don’t want your brand of sleazy politics and have said so THREE times! When will you finally get the message and go AWAY!

70. beerBoy says:

Novelist – McCain ran a campaign of being not-Obama which didn’t work. However, this year the GOP ran a campaign that was pretty much the same and it did work.

Your absurd comment that somehow intelligence requires one to support Rossi is a bit soreloserman.

71. Sumner401 says:

the reason there were not more Democrat wins is because the reps have been so very good at demonizing. They reinvented the word. Think back, seriously and honestly, at the nature of all the TV ads. The reps are masters of that tactic.

72. Sumner401 says:

No it isn’t. It’s well known that red states and I’m sure red parts of states take far more then they give. They are incapable of taking care of themselves.
    There is no money in red states, save the uber wealthy which need our protection the poor little dears, and it’s no different in E Washington.
    No money, no jobs, no hope.
    If you need help packing, let me know.

73. TheOutlawJoseyWhales says:

We have a bunch of socialists living in this area, and it’s time to flush them out and evict them. Socialism is the “gateway” drug to communism and the end of all freedom on Earth. Socialism destroys liberty and truth. Socialists are destructive human beings who would see millions of Americans drop dead and call it “the great culling” which they believe is about to begin. You Puget Sound socialists are on notice: Things are about to start going real bad for you.

74. Your threats makes no sense, TheOutlawJoseyWhales. If things go “real bad” for those who you consider to be socialists, they’ll go really bad for most everyone.

And who are you that you think that you can put anyone on notice? And who are you that you think that you can flush out and evict anyone?

Joe McCarthy, or just some pathetic little droll sitting in front of a keyboard?

75. donjames says:

“Well I was waiting for it and not a single Tea Partier wrote it so:”

I just made some really hard-hitting crap up.

And in support of Novelist3’s argument, I offer the following:

Jim McDermott

hth

76. First_Lefty says:

“Eastern Washington is perfectly self sufficient without you, thank you very much.”

Are “Independents” really this ignorant?

77. First_Lefty says:

I’m betting that this “liberal” has more assets and more responsibility than “Outlaw”.

Go out in the woods and play militia.

78. Novelist3 says:

It shows an astounding lack of reader competence on their part, considering over a page ago I clearly stated that I never had any confidence in the ability of ANY Republican to win a Wa statewide election. That’s realism- something lefties here lack to quite the ultimate degree. That, and they need to come up with some new material. Parroting each other gets old.

79. First_Lefty says:

“Novelist3 says:
    November 7, 2010 at 11:42 am
    Notice how the leftists here, despite each one considering themselves oh-so-brilliant, all have absolutely nothing relevant or new to say. “Darrr, sore loser, darrrrrrrr”.”

You expect us to come up with a new terminology for a centuries old display of behavior?

80. Sumner401 says:

If it’s not being a sore loser novely, what is it?
    I mean read the comments for you righties, more whiny than usual, you will have to admit.

I understand you not liking the evil ‘leftest’ pinning you all down this way but……

81. Whether Rossi would be a good leader or not is something we will never know. However, we already knew that Senator WornOut Sneakers was not a leader yet she was re-elected.

That choice is on the voters. They got what they want. They also re-elected Dicks.

Don’t think for one minute that the lobbyists in D.C. have overlooked the fact that neither of these two shining dem stars CANNOT do any more favors for them. No more earmarks AND no more lobbyist money. I call that justice.

Now what do you suppose they will do with their free time? My prediction is they will spend lots of time doing overseas junkets. So don’t be too surprised when your complaints to either of them fall on deaf ears.

Their periodic newletter puff pieces should be hysterically funny over the next two years. I suspect they will be glossy blank pages, probably.

82. “But Seattle and Olympia have massive stuffed-in populations, enough hardcore liberals that they’ll never allow a Republican to be elected. They are like California, who re-elected Nancy Pelosi with a stunning 80 percent margin”

Sorry N3 but California did NOT re-elect Pelosi, her small district did. California has a looooong history of electing R’s to statewide office. It would not be that difficult for an R to win in Washington either, they just need to be fiscally conservative and socially liberal, which is where the majority of voters in this state are. Sadly, no such candidates make it through the state Republican party these days. They used to. Don’t blame it on King County or Seattle, it’s the party’s own doing.

83. First_Lefty says:

“Two people who bragged about their record on earmarks. Two people who will not be able to do a single earmark after the new Congress is sworn in.”

Oh please….the next thing you’ll be saying is that GOP Congressional representatives and Governors didn’t take Stimulus money.

Earmarks are going nowhere, You just bought the standard GOP line.

I’ll bet you think they will stop abortion, also.

84. First_Lefty says:

pgroup isn’t very educated on Patty Murray’s record. The majority of her service has been in the minority and she STILL is effective bringing home money (read: JOBS) to Washington

85. Since you spend all your time propping up Murray, I was wondering why you don’t tow the line for Cantwell as well. I guess we can expect that in the next year.

Just to head you off at the pass, I am going to sign off now so I can get ready for my work week ahead. I don’t want you to feel lonely if I don’t reply right away.

I don’t want to irritate OL/FL/JudasEscargot…..

86. writnstuff says:

Rossi lost me with his story about working his way through college as a janitor. Thanks to budget cuts promoted by Republicans, do you think a young person could do that today? College has gotten out of reach for most of our young people today.

Tea partiers want to take their government back….back to the Middle Ages. Education will soon be a thing of the past for the US. But the republicans will be happy. Taxes will be low.

87. Publico says:

After may tries, we finally know, for certain, what an empty suit is. Dino Rossi, rest in peace.
    It was one of the very few bright spots in the election and progressives everywhere are thankful for Murray’s win.
    This election was, in my experience, the defining event proving that our public education system is failing to meet its professed goal of encouraging democracy through an informed populace.
    Oh yeah, how many discussions were there about the two wars in which we are still engaged and how much they cost in dollars and lives?
    An over simplified sound bite about tax and spend and induced fear about jobs for those who know nothing of macro-economics trumped intelligent analysis.
    The next two years will probably be more about protecting position than about enhancing the lives of all Americans. Whoever does the best job ends up with the Presidency. If Obama prevails, we all win. If the right prevails, we all lose, even the rich.

88. JudasEscargot says:

I am who I am

89. beerBoy says:

Gotta love the “socialist/marxist/communist” blather coming from the states (or regions of states) that get the most handouts from the government….

Kinda like Clarence Thomas complaining about the undeserving benefiting from Affirmative Action…..

90. Sumner401 says:

Whether Rossi would be a good leader or not is something we will never know.

Yes we do know. he did manage to win at least one election and served in the state legislature, where we found out that he isn’t a leader.
    It’s a big reason why he can’t win any more elections.

Funny how little you know about this person yet you are fully in his camp. Is it just because of the letter behind his name?

91. the3rdpigshouse says:

It sure is great knowing we will have a totally ineffective Senator sitting in the U.S. Senate for 24 long years!!

92. Sumner401 says:

pigs, rossi lost, we still have a good Senator in office.

93. Roncella says:

Little patty murray will be in office for another six years. However now she will be in the minority party.

This will keep her from doing more damage to the Country and the State of Washington.

Its kind of helpful the the liberal dems. had a few of their hero’s win their elections. Like Barney Frank, Patty Murray Nancy Pelosi, Barbara Boxer.

I really think the liberal should do a write in campaign to bring back another of their hero’s, Keith Olbermann who was fired from MSNBC. I predict Chris Mathews will be fired next. Mr. Ed won’t be far behind.

94. beerBoy says:

ron – ummm…..since the Dems have retained the majority of the Senate, Senator Murray will caucus with the majority party.

95. beerBoy says:

And ron……..Olbermann was suspended, not fired. And…..he is back on the air tomorrow.

96. sozo – who did the independents vote for?

97. Roncella says:

beerBoy, I was wrong on both counts.

Maybe Olbermann will be a bit more careful with his hate filled sermons and angry angst against Conservatives and Republicans.

98. beerBoy says:

Olbermann’s suspension for making donations as a private citizen to three different candidates seems very much like MSNBC trying to demonstrate that they hold their newsfotainment personalities to a higher standard than FOX, which doesn’t have any regulations about that.

In any event, it seems more than a little hypocritical as the owners of MSNBC made very large donations throughout the campaign

99. Roncella says:

100. MarksonofDarwin says:

Olbermann is going back tomorrow?
    I was hoping Fox would pick him up!

I’ve only seen clips of his show, and maybe what I’ve seen isn’t representative, but I honestly don’t see the appeal. He’s pompous, rude, rigid, and shallow.
    I guess that’s all one needs to be on TV these days…maybe the whole Edward R. Murrow schtick is the extra dollop of slime that puts him over the top?

101. First_Lefty says:

“Roncella says:
    November 8, 2010 at 2:38 pm
    beerBoy your forgetting one very important fact. Olbermann ratings are in the cellar for quite some time now. They are no doubt not happy about that and maybe were giving him a wakeup call.”

Almost a million viewers a night is in the cellar????? A write in was done in support of Olberman, garnering over 250,000 signatures on an online ballot within 2 days of his termination.

If Olberman’s ratings were tanking, Dino Rossi’s campaign (aka Karl Rove) certainly bought a lot of time, attempting to smear Patty Murray to a loyal audience.

102. beerBoy says:

MoD – when I was living in L.A. I watched a wonderful documentary on CBS about Edward R. Murrow which was immediately followed by 24/7 coverage of the slow freeway chase of a white Bronco and the OJ murder trial. The devolution of television/radio news since the days of Murrow couldn’t have been more clearly demonstrated.

103. JAvison says:

Wendy sounds like a sore loser to me…if the people are wrong, as you claim, they will elect Rossi for Governor in 2012. I hope he runs, and loses, a fourth time in a span of 10 years.

104. MarksonofDarwin says:

bB,

Great story. None of the ridiculous nature of news was lost in the retelling!

That some blowhard of ANY stripe thinks they can self identify themselves as anything more than what they are is rather pathetic….and shows them to be a fool not to be taken seriously.

105. fanciladi says:

Well said, Wendy! It is TOO bad that we will not get the benefit of his leadership and have to stay with the same old, same old dirty tennis shoes!