Letters to the Editor

Your views in 200 words or less

ELECTION: Candidates display different kinds of courage

Letter by Mark Bender, Steilacoom on Oct. 29, 2010 at 3:29 pm with 8 Comments »
October 30, 2010 7:01 am

In the 9th congressional district stretching from Olympia to Auburn. two able candidates are kicking it in.

The incumbent Adam Smith and Dick Muri, the challenger of county council fame, sparred last night at the Steilacoom town hall. But let’s consider the courage of these candidates. Witness Smith’s comments recently , “I was elected to make difficult decisions, not to hide from them”, in reference to his affirmative health care reform, stimulus, and other votes. But wait, didn’t he spent most of the last year hiding his true intentions about those votes from constituents, and obfuscating right up to the time the policies were enacted into law?

A brave new kind of courage, though he had the opportunity to truly distinguish himself through his votes, and shine in the constellation of the true saviors of freedom. Hard decisions??? Not hard enough, for the easier wrong is the perennial persecutor of the harder right.

Leave a comment Comments → 8
  1. Adam Smith, the “fiscal Hawk”…..

    And I have some land for sale…..

    The guy lays low to get his paycheck and healthcare and pension, but when the rubber meets the road, Democrat rubber stamp.

    King County sheep will send him back though.

  2. And Muri voted to give the county council a 21% pay raise. Courage would have been to say no price for the council till the budget is balanced.

  3. How many pay raises has Smith voted for himself?

  4. RO – very good point. Any member of both Congress and the Council who voted for or accepted big pay raise is guilty.

  5. We agree!

  6. Smith is a Pelosi lap-dog – nothing more. He votes with Madam Speaker 96% of the time and no doubt apologizes for the other 4% when he “didn’t get the e-mail” from her. Why would we send this coward back to DC?

  7. Unfornately RollOn has it right!Smith, in my view is A follower,not unlike Patty.What the Preident wants, they will give it to him,no matter how many of their constituants oppose the actions!

  8. And you all expect Muri and Rossi to march to any tune other the Lock Seat Hymn.

We welcome comments. Please keep them civil, short and to the point. ALL CAPS, spam, obscene, profane, abusive and off topic comments will be deleted. Repeat offenders will be blocked. Thanks for taking part and abiding by these simple rules.

JavaScript is required to post comments.

Follow the comments on this post with RSS 2.0