A lot has been said about education, but the results are still the same. Kids are not learning as well as they should. The answer is obvious.
1. Teachers must apply all methods possible in each lesson. Not all students learn in the same way. Teachers also must teach critical thinking skills as well.
2. Test teachers on subject matter and current teaching method competency annually. Evaluate them based on how well the students perform.
3. Students will be required to earn the grades and will be retained until they do pass the subject. Seat time is eliminated. If students are bored, and need to move on, they should.
4. Some students may have outside issues, such as abuse/neglect or something beyond their control. Teachers should have the ability to work with and around these issues.
5. If students choose not to work, they are given two options. Do the work or go to reform school/prison where they will be told what to do, how to do it and when to do it.